Author Topic: Games you are looking forward to, and games you finally got  (Read 3469 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I made this thread like 2-3 years ago and everyone most likely got the games they mentioned in it by now, so this is a 2 part thread. Niwthat you got the games you so looked forward to, how do you feel about them (dont worry about the old thread, just spout off the games you were really excited about), and what games do you wai eagerly for now.

Anyway the games I once was dying for release were:

Lufia: rise of the sinistrals:
I loved lufia since the original, when i heard it was going to be revived after so long i was hyped max. Unfortunately the remake stunk. The combat was too basic, the enemy variety was nil, the story got watered down HARD, and the artistic fidelity was a let down.  Fidelity isnt important but after all the rest of the downers it was just icing on the bad cake.

Golden sun dark dawn:
Just wasnt as good as the other two. But the real significant kick was its difficulty drop. You can honest to goodness complete the entire game without grindin simply by mashing the basic attack button. It was a complete waste to the game's actually good battle mechanics. This game can benefit a TON from some good rom hacking.

Castlevania (ps3): another bust. The ps2 versions had better combat and bosses. And they seemed to have trashed everythin that makes castlevania so unique and cool, its unique and stylish music and atmosphere. You spend 90% of the game in mayan jungles and/or bleak desert/swamps. The little bit you actually spend in a castle is not as extravagent as previous CV games either. It was the dark dusty ruins kinda castle rather than a real high-class decorated mansion type of castle, blah.

Dark souls: one of the few commercial games that delivered for me. My only gripe is how poorly balanced the variety of weapons are(lots of good weapons, but far more near useless ones), and the lack of true armor selection (lots of armor types but there generally is no choices which arent no-brainers). I kinda wish armor could be custom enhanced too rather than just +0-5.

Diablo 3: another let down. The game litters you with shitty useless loot to the point where i feels like a dull bag/shop management game than anything else. There is NO excitement or anticipation for loot, you KNOW it all sucks, and the market blows everything you have out of the water. The lack of modding ability is a big one too since both diablo 1 and 2 had mod libraries trumped only by the elder scrolls. Blizzard does a pretty good job listening to fan complaints and spend lots of time updating previously released games though so im still hopeful that itll end up good eventually.

Neptunia (series): i actually didnt hear about this game until just a few months before localized release. It drew my interest pretty quickly though because the character design was the best ive seen for me ever. After getting the first game, while i wasnt turned off by the healing mechanics so many others bish about, i recognized the gameplay was pretty minimal. However it still excelled as something jut for fun, and if you play it with the same mentality as that of a VN, its great (provided you can enjoy a VN). I adore neptunia, and its a real treat to discover a new series to look forward to which always delivers. Double treat that it seems to be a roading success and is becomming a flagship title for its developer.

Games im looking forward to now:

Age of wonders 3: looks great so far and i love AoW, but im a bit nervous because '3' is a bit of a cursed number for game series i enjoy.

Touhou laby 2: laby 1 blew me away, one of my fave games of all time, squeee.
Yumina the ethereal: i live eien no aselia, and it has the same crew developing it, and its combat is supposedly More advanced so squeee.
Castlevania (again): im nervous but i have hope they may yet fix the series here. It has dracula again, and while time travel isn really something i see appropriate in a castlevania game, id rather have a variety of settings like that than 90% mayan ruins, swamps, and desert.
Phantasy star online 2 (west):  ok ok i know it may never come... Im hoping for it to do so though, and if it doesnt there are still plenty of games to enjoy.
Yumina the Ethereal: i loved eien no aselia, and this is made by the same crew (under a different name) with more experience and budget. It apparently has a deeper combat system too, it ships august, eek!

Destiny: i only like fls games on the pc, and they never announced a pc release for sure yet, but im hoping they will, cuz frankly developing a game for both new and old xbox and ps systems hut not the pc is pure idiocy (especially when they have no ps2 development experience).
Plants versus zombies 2: already out in aussieville/NZ. Cant wait for na release. I know i can make an aussie account but im already at 3 foreign accounts and its too much bother.

Probably more i just cant recall off hand.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
Re: Games you are looking forward to, and games you finally got
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 10:18:46 AM »
I'm really really really looking forward to Destiny. Bungie puts a ton of love and soul into the games they make unlike most companies, and it shows.

Mordon

• Bunny Lord
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 05:10:27 PM »
Half-life 3, nuff said. Even if I had posted in the thread 3 years ago, the game still hasn't launched.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 05:29:13 PM »
Colossal Kaiju Combat: I love all the Godzilla fighting games made by Pipeworks, and since this game is being made by one of the designers of those games, I'm really looking foward to it. All the monsters look really cool, too. Even the giant green kangaroo. Specially the giant green kangaroo.

Dark Souls 2: Dark Souls is probably my favorite game ever, so, yeah.

Dragon Age 3: Loved the first and loved the second. Really curious to see how the series ends (hopefully not like Mass Effect 3).

Touhou 14: I'm excited for it more to see who the new characters are and to listen to their music themes than to actually play the game (I don't really like shmups). Only two weeks to wait...

Skullgirls (for PC): Looks really fun to play, and I like some of the characters designs.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 05:32:50 PM »

and skullgirls too

aw yeah fighting games

Sahgren

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 05:41:13 PM »
Touhou Labyrinth 2: I enjoyed the first one and the second has the opportunity to polish it all into something even better.

Touhou 14: First main game released in two years. I'm looking forward to it.

Dark Souls 2: I've clocked 200+ hours into Dark Souls and Demon's Souls each. My only really serious complaint about Dark Souls was the stupid amount of backtracking and eventless running around you had to do before you got the Lord Vessel (and to a certain extent, even after), and they're promising to fix that.

InFAMOUS Second Son: I'm a fan of the InFAMOUS series. A new protagonist with new powers could have potential.

Looking at this, these are all sequels... I get the feeling that I should start looking into new IPs.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 08:56:45 PM »
Imma derp, i forgot dark souls 2... Also, wolfenstein, although the demo thing ive seen didnt look that hopeful to me.
Also my 2nd post was supposed to goto the fez thread, not sure why its in here. Id copy it and paste it there and delete here but cellphone ftl.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 09:41:53 PM »

and skullgirls too

aw yeah fighting games

o7

PC Skullgirls/Divekick/BBCP: obv (and wolverine's new design is much better in comparison to a really bad bazoo impression)

USFIV: Yay, not-exactly-that-much-ported-SFxT-characters. That, and the promised 'new modes' may change the pace of how fights go. plus the physical version's cost is essentially buying every DLC costume so it more than makes up for it.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
: Other than 2D fighters, I love the quick pacing that the DOA series uses in comparison to slower games like Tekken and VF. Besides, I will get this game even faster if they put in Ein's trenchcoat costume from DOA3 which was my favorite costume ever for a long time. until I saw Tengu's 3rd costume in DOA2U.

Next Car Game: I have LOVED the FlatOut series because chaos and destruction is something else entirely because of how much of detail had gone into both the cars (green body white top switchblade otp) and the tracks. (canal otp) So to see that Bugbear go fuck yourselves team 6 is now taking the reigns again to make a brand new FlatOut? Yes, sir.

GTAV: Well, it looks very pretty. The decision to put in rl elements ala San Andreas might be the only thing that I dislike if Rockstar doesn't do it as good. The customization systems and cars will make this a package worth of acquiring most definitely. And yay another GTA to envision my best Tokyo Cop fantasies

Saints Row the Fourth and Watchdogs: Basically the above.

Distance: Nitronic Rush is a really enjoyable freeware game, turning the racing genre on it's head and whatnot. So obviously, when I got word of more of that sexy-ass game plus multiplayer, plus TORCHT's amazing soundtrack, plus a user friendly level editor, plus seemingly arcade ports, if the kickstarter rewards are anything to go by? All of the yesses, ever.

DDC: well, of course!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:35:41 PM by Soichiro W. »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 10:23:57 PM »
Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Fingers double crossed that it gets a 360 release, or I'm cashing my Xbox in and buying a PS3. Pissed they removed my main, but whatever.

Pokemon X and Y Bought a 3DS in anticipation of this. Hate the 3DS so far, so it better be worth the expense. Probably will be.

Persona 5 In a much more general, long-term sense.

That's pretty much it. Even Touhou 14 isn't high on my list because I'm still nowhere near done with any of the others.

Games that I highly anticipated in the recent past include:
Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Baldur's Gate 2 is possibly the most perfect game ever made, and the remake of Baldur's Gate promised a bunch of netplay features that it did not deliver up until the point that I stopped updating it out of frustration. Every update broke my install and just added more bugs. Incredibly disappointing. At least I still have the original.

Persona 4 Arena Totally worth the wait. 95% of my (admittedly pretty small) console gaming time for the last year was just this game.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 10:40:23 PM »
Looking forward to:

Labyrinth of Touhou 2: Getting hyped and thinking of the fun laughs I'll get when I die, find treasure, or find the right party to kick ass with while eating some dinner.

Nightmare of Rebellion: Waaaaaaaaah, it got held back until winter and Mamizou is in it? Fawk yes, now where is the rest of 10D are they adding them in please Strawberry Bose do it!

Touhou Quest: Yay! Something to play while Nightmare of Rebellion is being tweaked, no repetitive and shortness crap please.

DDC: Another bullethell that I can laugh at myself doing "the derp" at stages 3 or 4, I mean seriously I wanna see the characters and music for myself .
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:48:32 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 03:18:57 AM »
oh shit skullgirls is on steam nowwwwwww

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 03:39:24 AM »
Berserker Quest VI Baby, didn't believe that one would be coming out at all, they were true to their words!

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 03:47:45 AM »
I'm looking forward to the Tales of Symphonia HD Unison Pack, or something like that. People say it's the best Tales ever, and I'm really happy that I'll FINALLY get to play it! The sequel is just a free bonus in my book.
Rereleases don't count? Well, there's Tales of Xillia coming out in a few days and I'll be picking that up. Sega took a HUGE risk in bringing Project Diva F over to the West, so I'll definitely support them and enjoy the game, too.  It may have to wait, though; I don't have enough money to buy both games at once and still enjoy Kumoricon.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 04:10:22 AM »
Really excited for Touhou 14 and Mario & Luigi Dream Team this month. And waiting warmly for Pokemon X/Y and Sonic Lost World.

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 05:07:12 AM »
Murdered: Soul Suspect - I've always been a sucker for detective stories and the supernatural, so combining the two would naturally attract me.

Ace Attorney Dual Destinies - A new Ace Attorney game, what else is there to say?

Batman: Arkham Origins - It's sad that Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill aren't reprising their roles in this game. Regardless, the game still looks fun and the stand-in for Mark is doing a decent job of  getting his predecessor's voice.

Watchdogs - A new open-world game by Ubisoft? Sign me up! That hacking mechanic really got me interested, and the setting itself has got my attention.

Rome 2: Total War - I'm a huge fan of the Total War series, and I've been waiting on this ever since they remade Shogun.

DDC - Duh.

Paul Debrion

• Highroller
  • Back again for more!
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 06:34:45 AM »
Oh boy, this might be a bit long...

The Witcher 3 - RPG. I liked The Witcher 1 and 2.

ARMA 3 - Military sim. I've been playing the ARMA games for a while and they're probably my most played series multiplayer-wise. However, me and a lot of people I play with might wait until a new version of Advanced Combat Environment (Realism mod for ARMA) comes out for it before we really play it regularly.

X Rebirth - Space combat and economic/trading sim. I loved X3: Reunion, Terran Conflict, and Albion Prelude, so this one is also given for me.

Star Citizen - Upcoming space sim. Still a long way off though.

Limit Theory - More space sim.

Take On Mars - Mars exploration game.

TakeDown: Red Sabre - Tactical shooter. It focuses on CQB tactics with small squads draws heavily from the likes Raven Shield and SWAT 4.

Dark Souls 2 - Already mentioned.

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs - Horror.

Prison Architect - A sort of Dwarf Fortress like prison tycoon game from the developer of Uplink, Darwinia, and Defcon.

Bionic Dues - Turn-based tactical rougelike of sorts from the developer of AI War: Fleet Command

Ether One - First person adventure game.

Cradle - Another first person adventure game.

Touhou 14 - Already mentioned.

There are more, but that's probably plenty for now.
I'll come up with an evil scheme later. First, it's time to build a giant robot!

You can't have a good evil scheme without a giant robot!

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 07:06:07 AM »
looking forward to get:

- Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!!
- AquaPazza ver 2.01
- when's Daemon Bride Additional Gain
- Chaos Code New Sign of Catastrophe
- BlazBlue ChronoPhantasma
- Guilty Gear XX AC +R
- Under Night In Birth
- Ketsui
- Raiden Fighters Aces

will probably get if I have enough spare money

- Majo to Hyakkihei (a.k.a. the Witch and the 100 Knights)
- Dragon's Crown
- Koihime Musou
- Shovel Knight (PC)
- Cthulhu Saves The World + Breath of Death (PC)

games I wanted and got:
- Arcana Heart 3
- AquaPazza
- Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition
- Guilty Gear XX AC+
- Chaos Code
- Dodonpachi Saidaioujou
- Cave Shooting Collection
- Super Hexagon
- CastleVania Harmony of Despair
- Crescent Pale Mist
- Contra Hard Corps Uprising

hopefully Diadra Empty and the Alltynex trilogy will get greenlit for steam. Hope that someday the same happens to Crimzon Clover (preferably it's newer arcade version)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 07:09:41 AM by shadowbringer »
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 12:55:41 PM »
Games i'm looking forward to:

PC
Labyrinth of Touhou 2. LoT 1 was awesome. And so far trial version of LoT 2 was even more awesome. So it's a given.
DDC. Well... You can probably guess.  :V

3DS
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. Played 999 and enjoyed it. Great characters, intersting complex plot and "get out of the closed room" puzzles i really like.
Fire Emblem Awakening. Huge fan of the series.
Project X Zone. Never played Namco X Capcom, but played Endless Frontier, EF Exceed and it was quite fun.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2013, 01:17:57 PM »
For year 2013

Just Pre-ordered:
Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition
-This one's got a Millia Maxwell figure in it, plus a hardbound artbook, soundtracks, and of course the game in it. Been waiting for this for "3 whole years". :yukkuri:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX Collector's Edition
-All the contents of Kingdom Hearts 1 and Chain of Memories remastered in HD. This one has an artbook in it.

Grand Theft Auto V
-As much as I want the Collector's Edition blueprint and access to "The Blimp", all my other pre-orders already took all my money. I'm willing to refund this, or exchange for the Collector's Edition when I get some in my budget.

Already got:
Dragon's Crown both PS3 and PS Vita
-Got mine with the FREE hardbound artbook for the first people who got them. Both of them I got them...Giving away one artbook.

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Edition
-Has a PS Vita Pouch, Skin, Face Cover, and an awesome looking Lithograph by Vanillaware. Of course the game is in it too.

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection
-I never bought the HD Collections, which seems like a waste buying it then when I saw this was coming out. It includes all the main games + more.

Time and Eternity
-I'll say it straight, Tokitowa was a game I didn't really see all that well. But I bought it as a collection.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
-Best JRPG this year so far.

Neptunia Series
-It was hard to get Collector's Editions of these. I had to search all over.

Atelier Series - Rorona to Meruru
-Same as above.

Willing to get:
The Witch and the Hundred Knights
-Something I've been waiting all year-around.

Final Fantasy X HD
-I know I've said some things to SE being a suckish company now. But who can help not buy their games?

Final Fantasy XIII-3
-Thank GOD it's ending. Finally SE can get their s**t straight onto FFXIII-Versus...oh wait.

Touhou 14
-Love you ZUN~

Other games I had this year/willing to get/pre-ordered:
Injustice: Gods Among Us
The Last of Us
Bioshock Infinite
Metro: The Last Light
God Eater 2
and more...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 01:38:55 PM by En »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]