Author Topic: TERA Online - Where Elins are Adorable Traps  (Read 46392 times)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: TERA Online - Where Elins are Adorable Traps
« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2012, 10:18:21 PM »
Eh, every server has PVP, the PVP servers just have an extra dose of anarchy
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #211 on: July 15, 2012, 10:52:30 PM »
I am not particularly fond of PVP outside of things designed for PVP, such as guild wars.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #212 on: July 15, 2012, 10:58:48 PM »
You'll want a PVE server then.

In which case I greatly recommend Serpentis. :derp:
Jana should return to us as well, after he's done cheating

e: If you tell me at what times you want to play, I can pull out one of my low-levels and we can join forces to power through the first 20 levels.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:01:39 PM by HakureiSM »
                                                                                   .

Edible

« Reply #213 on: July 16, 2012, 01:12:50 AM »
I'm leveling on Dragonfall in order to game the system and get a Lv60 weapon for my Lv20-ish character.

Is there some trick here that I should be aware of?

e: If you tell me at what times you want to play, I can pull out one of my low-levels and we can join forces to power through the first 20 levels.

I am actually playing on Serpentis, or at least I rolled my  first character there.  I'm gonna mess around solo for now though, until I find a class I like.  Warrior seems fun, but I haven't really played anything else.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #214 on: July 16, 2012, 03:37:18 AM »
Is there some trick here that I should be aware of?
Now that I have time:

On my Lv60 character on the Roleplay server, I landed this bitchin' Lv60 axe (the 2nd best Tier 12 one). Unfortunately, it binds to my greatsword-swingin' character upon acquisition, meaning no opportunity to sell. However, the weapon was available to be put into a bank. So what I did was put the weapon into the bank, withdraw it on an alt on the same server, then transfer that character from Celestial Hills to Serpentis Isle (both PvE servers; transferes from PvE to PvP aren't available).

This is where I experimented a bit: The character on CH that is a Lv60 Slayer and got the axe, as well as the Lv15 (at the time) Berserker on Serpentis Isle are both named Jana.Coppola, so I was half-expecting the axe, bound to Jana.Coppola, to be ready for my Berserker after transfering the porting alt. Instead, the weapon's binding was changed to the name of the character I transferred it over with, not Jana.Coppola. So on the next week, I had the lower-level axe using Jana.Coppola transfer from Serpentis Isle to another PvE server, Dragonfall. Now it's properly bound to her, and while she cannot actually equip the weapon until Lv60, she won't have to spam the dungeon a bajillion times for it.

She should have been able to transfer back to SI on Monday, but I was both busy that day and playing the cross-server economy, so I'll send her back to Haku and co. on Wednesday of this week. :P

(That was pretty long, so cheers if you actually read it all.)

Also, tell us what server and playstyle and races and classes appeal to you!

Edible

« Reply #215 on: July 16, 2012, 04:27:31 AM »
Ah, so it was more about getting a really good weapon for use at 60, as opposed to getting a level 60 weapon to use past 20. <_<  That interests me less, but thank you for the writeup <3

Anyway, I've played warrior and sorc for a bit, and slayer a bit less.  Warrior and slayer seem to have pretty similar playstyles, but I like warrior a bit more - seems a bit faster, could just be me.  What should I expect between the two if I choose one over the other?

Further, how effective in combat are priests/mystics when they're DPSing?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #216 on: July 16, 2012, 03:25:52 PM »
Dammit, my post got eaten up by my wifi router randomly being unplugged (???).

Warrior is probably the fastest-playing class; lots of moving and dodging, and a very fast attack speed. It's kind of hard to play one, from what I've heard, but if you like it don't let that dissuade you!

I don't have any experience playing a healer, but from what I understand, they can do some decent burst damage (and need to once in a while to manage TERA's aggro system), but are slower in overall DPS than any actual DPS class.

Edible

« Reply #217 on: July 16, 2012, 05:35:10 PM »
Warrior is probably the fastest-playing class; lots of moving and dodging, and a very fast attack speed. It's kind of hard to play one, from what I've heard, but if you like it don't let that dissuade you!

This is the conclusion I came to, yeah.  I'm going to stick to warrior for now - just got my first mount before going to work.

I don't have any experience playing a healer, but from what I understand, they can do some decent burst damage (and need to once in a while to manage TERA's aggro system), but are slower in overall DPS than any actual DPS class.

Figured as much.  Oh well.

Edible

« Reply #218 on: July 17, 2012, 09:02:06 PM »
I'm currently level 16 or 17 or something on Serpentis Isle, character name is Yohko.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #219 on: July 17, 2012, 11:36:12 PM »
You'll receive a couple invites then, don't panic
                                                                                   .

Edible

« Reply #220 on: July 19, 2012, 01:32:21 AM »
*reads 20-minute conversation on LFG about touhou* O_o

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #221 on: July 19, 2012, 03:08:01 AM »
Just

ignore LFG

It's best for your sanity
                                                                                   .

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #222 on: July 19, 2012, 03:50:03 AM »
Even on the supposedly-more-mature RP server LFG is a terrible place. Though I guess I'm curious as to how bad their conversation about Touhou could have been.

Also my Berserker is coming back to Serpentis Isle tomorrow! (Gotta keep playing the market to buy Lv60 stuff/get a chronoscroll before Otakon...)

Edible

« Reply #223 on: July 19, 2012, 03:56:02 AM »
Even on the supposedly-more-mature RP server LFG is a terrible place. Though I guess I'm curious as to how bad their conversation about Touhou could have been.

It wasn't bad, really.  The few people talking about it seemed fairly knowledgeable about the games.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #224 on: July 19, 2012, 03:57:43 AM »
Oh, that's a relief! I would have expected IOSYS memes or PAD jokes.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #225 on: July 19, 2012, 04:24:43 AM »
And how their alienware runs Soku better than any other computer
                                                                                   .

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #226 on: July 19, 2012, 04:54:18 AM »
They'd call it UNL.

Edible

« Reply #227 on: July 20, 2012, 02:25:54 AM »
I had to kill a bunch of basilisks.  It took way too long. <_<

« Reply #228 on: July 20, 2012, 02:42:30 AM »
I had to kill a bunch of basilisks.  It took way too long. <_<

But it's always a good feeling when you solo your first basilisk on a new character.
TF2 Server
osu! : omgkitties

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #229 on: July 20, 2012, 05:29:34 AM »
It was way too hard to solo them the first time around but when I showed up on a lancer alt, they were dead meat.

Basilisks are kind of Babby's First BAM, so you can learn how to read their moves and stuff.

Edible

« Reply #230 on: July 20, 2012, 03:50:50 PM »
Basilisks are kind of Babby's First BAM, so you can learn how to read their moves and stuff.

Yeah, that's kind of the impression I got.  I take it soloing actual BAMs is significantly more time-consuming?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #231 on: July 20, 2012, 04:14:22 PM »
It really depends on the species of BAM. Basilisks are pretty much always easy, while other species are more mobile and require more difficult maneuvers. Different classes have easier times with different BAMs as well; my Lancer could solo the usually-maneuverable Fimbrilisk by keeping it tied down to one place, but my Slayer could never manage such a thing. On the flip side, Ovoliths are mostly stationary, so I found it easy to solo them on my slayer, while my Lancer had a harder time since keeping it tied down doesn't really reduce its offense.

Did you get to enter the Bastion of Lok yet? It's the first real group content outside of BAMs, and the start of the real meat of the game!

Edible

« Reply #232 on: July 20, 2012, 04:34:14 PM »
Did you get to enter the Bastion of Lok yet? It's the first real group content outside of BAMs, and the start of the real meat of the game!

A guildmate ran me through it <_<;

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #233 on: July 20, 2012, 10:37:10 PM »
o ok

The next dungeon type thing is at around Lv28-30. It's a significant step up in difficulty, so I'd suggest running it normally at least the first time to learn something~