Author Topic: Touhou Fortress 2  (Read 18327 times)

Touhou Fortress 2
« on: May 13, 2011, 02:39:47 PM »
Touhou Fortress 2 is a project with the aim of replacing the silly hat wearing, bullet shooting big men of Team Fortress 2 with silly hat wearing, bullet shooting little girls of Touhou. Currently, we're in need of modelers, texture artists, riggers, anything else that goes into modeling, voice actors, and people with opinions. The project's current goal is to fix up the character models, because OH MY GOD IT BURNS. If you're interested, you can send a message to Nazrin Miyako Yoshika Kasodani Kyouko Xnfbqnav Xlbhxb Crimrose NEVERMIND I DON'T REALLY HAVE A NAME JUST PICK ONE OF THE OTHER OPTIONS on Steam, PM Nazrin at our site, PM me here, send me an e-mail, or just start posting on our forums. The forums are right here.

Also, we are aware that a few modelers were turned down rudely in the past. This was due to an organizational error on our part and all e-mails were sent to the old modeler responsible for the atrocity up there. His only interest was stealing all of our donations and putting out the models as quickly as possible, and he wasn't about to let some other modeler get in the way of that.

AS PER REQUEST: This is something I probably should've put here from the start, but the steam group link is right here. Thanks for pointing out that it had to be here, Pyro Mokou cosplayer of Otakon. The Steam Chat tends to get questions answered quicker than the forums, so if you need something asked and have a Steam account with a game on it, feel free to drop in. That doesn't mean ditch our forums, though.

Update: In case anyone here is still interested in this, a first draft of the Reimu model has been put up.

ohgodihopeididntforgetanything
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:42:12 PM by GN54 »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: Touhou Fortress 2
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 04:37:32 PM »
I get a 403 on the first link.

As for this, well, I would have suggested converting MMD and GTA Touhou models over to TF2 for the interim (and then proceeding to release them to GMod for others to play with) but I guess that won't quite apply.

Not interested in this personally, even though the mod appears quite funny.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 10:23:24 PM »
I get a 403 on the first link.

As for this, well, I would have suggested converting MMD and GTA Touhou models over to TF2 for the interim (and then proceeding to release them to GMod for others to play with) but I guess that won't quite apply.

Not interested in this personally, even though the mod appears quite funny.

Odd, it works for me. Uploaded it to imgur, so hopefully it'll work now. In any case, I don't think the MMD and GTA thing would work well with it. For one, neither of them are in the same style that TF2 is in and they would look very out of place, moreso than the current models. Also, as you can see here, we're aiming to redesign the Touhou's outfits to give them a more TF2 feel while still looking like their original outfits.

pokecatch

• I am underage
  • And therefore, I am banned
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 01:16:24 PM »
if you are making a better one than this the Okuu that he made in 2010, FUND IT.
otherwise, someone beat you to it.

Edit: I saw he was a douche that actually made people buy his models w/o them realizing. they aren't even good. I want a different link for the project, cause I don't want to register. I'll do so anyway.
Edit 2: Delivered with design pictures for lazybones of the registering kind.
http://i55.tinypic.com/zyadqs.png [aya]
http://i52.tinypic.com/1z50xax.jpg [sakuya]
LOL SHORTENED
Patchiouli
Inaba
Mokou
Yuyuoko
Reimu (because armpits)
Nitori
the douche seemly perfected eirin.no other things needed to fix for it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 07:18:05 PM by pokecatch »

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 03:34:14 PM »
if you are making a better one than this, FUND IT.

Those are a byproduct of our group in the past, but that's all the old modeler's work. We got rid of him because as I stated before, he was a douche. The models are being redone and we're looking for modelers who can actually model, unlike that guy. If you check the post above yours, the concepts for the models are linked there.

pokecatch

• I am underage
  • And therefore, I am banned
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 06:52:02 PM »
Those are a byproduct of our group in the past, but that's all the old modeler's work.
so, you are making a better one.
FUND IT.

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 02:04:32 AM »
if you are making a better one than this the Okuu that he made in 2010, FUND IT.

Edit: I saw he was a douche that actually made people buy his models w/o them realizing. they aren't even good. I want a different link for the project, cause I don't want to register. I'll do so anyway.
LOL SHORTENED
Patchiouli
Inaba
Mokou
Yuyuoko
Reimu (because armpits)
Nitori

Very nice detailed drawing of the future remade model layouts. I have yet to play TF2, but when I do, I planned on throwing in Touhou models like I have with Grand theft auto, now known as "Touhou GTA: Gensokyo City". There are other models, besides this that linked to the above website, were created...I think at least. Pictures are the only thing I can say that with though, so don't quote me on that.
Still using Windows XP in the year 2050
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 02:17:47 AM »
Very nice detailed drawing of the future remade model layouts. I have yet to play TF2, but when I do, I planned on throwing in Touhou models like I have with Grand theft auto, now known as "Touhou GTA: Gensokyo City". There are other models, besides this that linked to the above website, were created...I think at least. Pictures are the only thing I can say that with though, so don't quote me on that.
Go play TF2 now, even without the Touhou mod.

Good luck with modelling!
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 07:43:15 AM »

LOL SHORTENED
Patchiouli
Inaba
Mokou
Yuyuoko
Reimu (because armpits)
Nitori

He made no one buy his models. Pulp Fortress did steal them and sell them, but we don't like him anyway and it ever comes up, we technically own the models anyway. There's no different link for the project. There's a Steam group, but that's not the center of activity. There's no Eirin, because if you read the thread with the concepts, it's still being worked on.

Models other than what we made? Or are you talking about the Yuuka, Okuu, Koishi, and Nue models? Because those are alts and right now, we just want to get the base models down before thinking about alts.

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 01:03:56 PM »
aya with pants = do not want. Otherwise the sketches are fantabulous.

To whomever have not tried the 2010 skins: I've played them for a long time, and they are horrendous.

I'd donate a little after I see some progress on this project. Keep it up!

"Eh, who needs brains in danmaku? Power, that's all you need!" -Kirisame Marisa

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 04:52:08 AM »
To whomever have not tried the 2010 skins: I've played them for a long time, and they are horrendous.

Yes... Yes they were... But I still persisted with those models for almost two years... Constantly looking back at the website for any updates to no avail :V
If this is really going to be better than... That... You have my full support!

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 01:04:20 AM »
aya with pants = do not want. Otherwise the sketches are fantabulous.

I'd donate a little after I see some progress on this project. Keep it up!

The pants thing is partially due to hitbox issues. If she was wearing a skirt, attempting to shoot between her legs would result in her grazing the bullets.

Yeah. I went there.

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 02:34:42 PM »
The pants thing is partially due to hitbox issues. If she was wearing a skirt, attempting to shoot between her legs would result in her grazing the bullets.

Yeah. I went there.

Fair enough, although I think that's a small issue.

"Eh, who needs brains in danmaku? Power, that's all you need!" -Kirisame Marisa

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 06:38:27 PM »
Are the models aiming for improved hat compatibility with the frequent hat releases that Valve gives out?  Or are we going to be getting odd clipping until the project produces a proper model for said new hats?
This Space For Rent

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 08:39:29 AM »
Are the models aiming for improved hat compatibility with the frequent hat releases that Valve gives out?  Or are we going to be getting odd clipping until the project produces a proper model for said new hats?

The models will hopefully be compatible with hats. I foresee a few problems arising such as Sakuya + Magistrate's Mullet, Yuyuko + Hound Dog, or any other hat that includes hair, but that's unavoidable.

Stitchpunk

• A Yoshi
  • Boom, ⑨-shot!
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 12:12:32 AM »
Is it possible to make a separate source mod for TF2 like the ones done for HL2?

Reason being, Ive been following this mod for awhile, but Im personally not a fan of covering up the game's original content. If Touhou Fortress could somehow be its own game, that which everyone within it were seeing all the same models, maybe with a couple of the many fan maps already made included in, it would be much more appealing to me. But of course, this could be a stupid question since I do not have the experience in knowing so.
Run n Jump

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 01:31:16 AM »
BTW, are you the person who runs this page ? If so, could you please update the touhou wiki links to point to the new wiki ?

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 04:05:42 AM »
Is it possible to make a separate source mod for TF2 like the ones done for HL2?

Reason being, Ive been following this mod for awhile, but Im personally not a fan of covering up the game's original content. If Touhou Fortress could somehow be its own game, that which everyone within it were seeing all the same models, maybe with a couple of the many fan maps already made included in, it would be much more appealing to me. But of course, this could be a stupid question since I do not have the experience in knowing so.

That I have no clue. You'd probably be able to get answers out of Luci for that one.

BTW, are you the person who runs this page? If so, could you please update the touhou wiki links to point to the new wiki ?

No. The group no longer has anything to do with that site.