Author Topic: Magic Players Here?  (Read 2951 times)

Re: Magic Players Here?
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 08:52:07 PM »
Eh, you can just play casual, Rumia. Though if you want to play competitive Legacy or Vintage, yeah, it's pricey.  The nice part is, most of Vintage tournaments are so-called "X proxy" or "all proxy" tournaments, where X is anywhere from 10 to 25. They know the power and other stuff are incredibly hard to come by, so they let you print out a "proxy" of the card and tape/glue it on top of a basic land or whatever and play it as a copy of said card.

Hyorinryu: There is in fact! The YVD of Magic is called MWS, and the link to its website is here. I would recommend you find someone in your area to play paper-magic with first or play Duels of the Planeswalkers on X-Box Live Arcade or Steam; the game's a fair bit more complex than Yugioh in both rules and strategy. That's part of why I love it though -- because it's so complex and so many different cards, there's a wealth of viable deck ideas for any level of competitiveness.
E come vivo? Vivo!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 09:39:22 PM »
Casual is, well, casual. It's fun but there's not as much thrill in the fight to win. I've grown to like drafting more than constructed.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 11:27:19 PM »
so me and a friend are working on making our own Duel Decks: Mirrodin Pure vs. New Phyrexia

We've picked out the rares for the first version so far, but that's about it.

Mirrodin Pure

Indomitable Archangel
Contested War Zone
Mirran Crusader
Red Sun's Zenith
Spoiler:
Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer
Mimic Vat
Steel Hellkite

New Phyrexia

Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon
Inkmoth Nexus
Phyrexian Crusader
Hand of the Praetors
Spoiler:
Phyrexian Swarmlord
Putrefax
Bonehoard

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 11:35:30 PM »
Also sup Kern/Jin-Gitaxias welcome to my new hellbent deck ill be making :getdown:.

Also looking at Kern again, *ups i have 9 poison/1life RESET GAME* -> *next turn PROLIFERATE PROLIFERATE PROLIFERATE PROLIFERATE PROLIFERATE PROLIFERATE PROLIFERATE, RESET GAME READY WHEN NEEDED*  :justasplanned:

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2011, 03:52:18 AM »
I really don't think Karn is that good, he's just so expensive...

Rumia: Yeah, I know what you mean. I love drafting, it puts everyone on an equal playing field (unless you crack Tezzeret). Though you should really look into the proxy tournaments.

Lumber: Looks like it's a case of aggro vs. aggro. A knockdown, no-holds-barred brawl. Just the way it should be with a world at stake. Let me see what I can suggest.

Mirran:
Burn the Impure
Tumble Magnet
Galvanic Blast
Arrest
Signal Pest
Accorder Paladin
Divine Offering
Leonin Relic-Warder
Master's Call
Oxidda Scrapmelter
Myrsmith