Author Topic: [Competition] Rondono-chan's Weekly Foggy Maiden Grand Rounds Challenge!  (Read 2047 times)

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
DING DONG DANG DONG

I say! My sisters Hourai, Shanghai, France and Orlean get their own pages and I don't?! This is unheard of! This most upsetting! No...No, no, NO! This is unacceptable!

I, Rondo-...I mean, London, declare this corner of the Atelier....yes, yes, this corner, from the blue biscuit tin up to the teapot....yes, where I drew the blue chalk outline...yes, right the-...don't step on it, please don't! Or I shall be most upset! Now...where was...oh yes, I, London, declare this corner of the Atelier to be my sovereign space, in the name of her most tsundere worshipfulness Mistress Alice!

What will I do with it, you ask? Oh yes, of course it will be most interesting. You will-....I say, come back, please do. I have yet to reach the most important bit! Yes, yes, it is a most promising endeavour! Yes, this is where I, London, shall host the challenge to end all challenges!

Rondono-cha-...I mean, London's Weekly Foggy Maiden Grand Rounds Challenge!

Even the name boasts overtones of profound aesthetic grandeur. Oh yes, it will be a contest featuring only the finest blossoms of beauty and refinement! Artists will come from all over to....

....You're not listening, are you! Wake up! You simple, boorish, provincial....thing! You dare sleep before a lady?! Aaaah, what shall I do with you?! Pray, tell!

Aaaah, fine....I was not hoping much from the followers of Hourai and Shanghai anyway...just listen for a few more moments...surely you can manage that much, yes? Yes? Capital. Listen, please do.

The challenge is this - I shall provide you with a simple sketch depicting the beginnings of a story. Your task is to provide its continuation in pencil, ink, paint...whatever medium you feel will deliver your story best. It need be no more than a page, maybe two or three if you are feeling particularly keen. You submit your pieces here in this thread and your name will be added to the voting options. Visitors will vote for their favourite continuation. At the end of the week, the entry with the highest number of votes will be chosen as the winner and the 'canon' continuation, and a new round begins wherein more possible continuations are drawn and submitted. As such, each week, the story continues.

For the voters, your task is to choose whichever piece you like best, for whatever reason....as long as it's not something bloody stupid like 'the artist treated me to lunch at the Fitzroy' (Heads will roll otherwise!). You may also discuss possibilities, provide ideas, challenge the artists, taunt them even....whatever you think will amuse me!

Simple enough? I hope so. Have at it! Let the Grand Rounds begin!

Rondono-chan's Weekly Foggy Maiden Grand Rounds Challenge!
Week 1

Marin The Magus

• The magician of dimensional dreams
  • Energetic Satorin~ Shougorori~
Re: [Competition] Rondono-chan's Weekly Foggy Maiden Grand Rounds Challenge!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 06:53:45 PM »
Wehee I wanna participate   :3
I... have a question...If I win once during this, do I have to participate the next week? Because there is gonna be a week that I will be on vacations... (I know this may be a stupid question, but...)   

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
Re: [Competition] Rondono-chan's Weekly Foggy Maiden Grand Rounds Challenge!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 09:05:56 PM »
Nope, the only thing that carries over from one round to the next is the story, nothing else. You can choose not to participate in subsequent rounds, no problem~