Re: Myths
« Reply #120 on: June 01, 2011, 07:25:12 PM »
What are we talking about again?  :wat:

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #121 on: June 01, 2011, 08:21:29 PM »
I can't really share personal experiences as I really haven't had any except for the shadows mentioned earlier, but I do know a couple of places in my city that are apparently haunted, one of which being my high school.

Also I just realized that most of the stories I've heard are related to buildings downtown, but I guess it makes sense considering it's the oldest part of the city.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2011, 01:13:21 AM »
Schools tend to be 'haunted' all the time, huh? It's like almost every school has its own ghost story. Whether they're true or if someone was just screwing around and passing a rumor in the first place, we won't know >.<

Hey Forte, I heard some people saying you have to be in an even-numbered group if you wanna tell ghost stories in real life. Is it true?
Madness?

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2011, 01:18:15 AM »
Schools tend to be 'haunted' all the time, huh? It's like almost every school has its own ghost story. Whether they're true or if someone was just screwing around and passing a rumor in the first place, we won't know >.<

Yeah, I was wondering about that. It seems that all schools hhave "7 mysteries", and most of the time these mysteries are relatively the same, the one most memorable to me is that girl in the bathroom.

I guess it's because of Moaning Myrtle, because I'm a Harry Potter dork.  :V
And because Ragna makes a good ghost girl.
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2011, 01:37:49 AM »
Speaking of toilet ghosts...

A friend of mine told me this. When he was much younger, back when his sister was in high school (she's in college now), he went to the school with his family once. Don't remember if it was a party or something, but then he said he couldn't take it anymore and had to pee real bad. But for some particular reason the toilet nearby was locked up so he had to run up to the second floor just to do so. And then when he came back downstairs, he asked the sister why it was locked in the first place... someone actually heard a voice in one of the stalls and when (s)he looked into the mirror there was blood all over (in the mirror, at least) and a girl was standing right behind him/her, or rather, hung onto the ceiling with the body dangling behind him/her. Ever since then, they locked it up. Don't know if it's useable again now...
Madness?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #125 on: June 02, 2011, 03:19:48 AM »
My friend, that was an occurrence of "Toilet Hanako".
She's a famous type of bathroom spirit that haunts school restrooms.
It doesn't matter if it's an elementary school or not, there's gonna be at least one.

Let's see...how did the story go.....Ah yes, now I remember.
Toilet Hanako is generally the spirit of a young woman who was ridiculed endlessly in life.
Oftentimes the poor girl will take her own life in a bathroom, and she'll haunt that bathroom for an unspecified period of time.
Similar spirits are the ever-infamous Bloody Mary, Red Mantle, and more.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
« Reply #126 on: June 02, 2011, 03:22:58 AM »
Ahhh, yes. That's the one. Moaning Myrtle more than likely was based off of the Toilet Hanako stories. Or it was a coinkydink.  Who knows? :V

And Ragna still makes a good ghost girl.

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2011, 03:32:14 AM »
I know, I've heard of the Toilet Hanako stories, but doesn't she only haunt Japanese toilets according to myths and all? Why come all the way here all of a sudden? :ohdear:

Mima is a better ghost girl
Madness?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2011, 03:37:28 AM »
Well,you know how Japanese culture and stuff has been spreading across the planet right?
What's there to stop their ghosts, myths, legends, and such from making the trip too?

Plus, I think there's a western counterpart to the Toilet Hanako story.
Similar events, cause, and result, just in a different place.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2011, 10:32:58 AM »
Culture doesn't limit anything. Toilets are always the place for ghosts. Living creatures "mark" their territory simply by smell, this is the same. Us human breaths out an air called "Yang Chi", which is basically telling the ghosts that "This place is mine" and keep them away. This is why ghosts don't haunt crowded places. There are some exception of course, but mostly crowded places aren't where ghosts want to be. Toilets, storerooms, abandoned houses on the other hand, the best places for them. So even if your school's toilet didn't have any bad history, it can still be haunted by ghosts.

This is a fact: Earth has a history of 4.5 billion years, and human has been on earth for at least 10000 years that had a decent "culture". How many people died? Countless, everywhere. There are no place on earth that doesn't have at least 2 corpses laying underground. So, ghosts are everywhere. But like I said, we don't see them because there are "rules". We have something keep us from them, and they're less likely to stay in my room where I sit on my chair 20/24. Where else should they stay? Toilet, we only come there now and then, some extreme household doesn't use the toilet for weeks. Perfect place, no?

Hanako-san is just a rumor about a ghost in the toilet, it doesn't mean only Japan has it. Heck, my elementary school had one too, the door was locked from inside and we heard sobbing, but when we took a peep through the gap below the door, there was nobody. The the toilet flushed and we screamed, running away.

I had been through 5 schools in my life and remembered quite a lot of "things", but nowhere had a "7 mysteries", because we're not in Japan lol.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2011, 05:32:02 PM »
Culture doesn't limit anything. Toilets are always the place for ghosts. Living creatures "mark" their territory simply by smell, this is the same. Us human breaths out an air called "Yang Chi", which is basically telling the ghosts that "This place is mine" and keep them away. This is why ghosts don't haunt crowded places. There are some exception of course, but mostly crowded places aren't where ghosts want to be. Toilets, storerooms, abandoned houses on the other hand, the best places for them. So even if your school's toilet didn't have any bad history, it can still be haunted by ghosts.

This is a fact: Earth has a history of 4.5 billion years, and human has been on earth for at least 10000 years that had a decent "culture". How many people died? Countless, everywhere. There are no place on earth that doesn't have at least 2 corpses laying underground. So, ghosts are everywhere. But like I said, we don't see them because there are "rules". We have something keep us from them, and they're less likely to stay in my room where I sit on my chair 20/24. Where else should they stay? Toilet, we only come there now and then, some extreme household doesn't use the toilet for weeks. Perfect place, no?

Hanako-san is just a rumor about a ghost in the toilet, it doesn't mean only Japan has it. Heck, my elementary school had one too, the door was locked from inside and we heard sobbing, but when we took a peep through the gap below the door, there was nobody. The the toilet flushed and we screamed, running away.

I had been through 5 schools in my life and remembered quite a lot of "things", but nowhere had a "7 mysteries", because we're not in Japan lol.

Heh, my school had a haunting place, now that I remember. it was this storage room with a small square metal door in the gym. In this place they kept the chairs for events and stuff. There's a rumor that goes around in elementary school that a man commited suicide in there and that he now haunts the room.

Once, in like 4th grade, the door was left open and a couple of the boys and I decided to go check it out. We stopped right at the door. There was this heavy feeling to that place, like something was telling us we were not allowed inside. A...kind of a sense of foreboding. We ran away instead of venturing to see what the hell was in there.

Mima is a better ghost girl

I'll fight you.

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2011, 05:47:07 PM »
Once, in like 4th grade, the door was left open and a couple of the boys and I decided to go check it out. We stopped right at the door. There was this heavy feeling to that place, like something was telling us we were not allowed inside. A...kind of a sense of foreboding. We ran away instead of venturing to see what the hell was in there.
You missed the fun. No really. My high school as this storeroom that was full of chairs (we need them to do long ceremonies outside). In my 11th grade I and some friends were told to bring out the chair. We went in and saw a boy (about our age) was sitting there in a corner. He didn't move and nothing seemed wrong about him. He was just standing there. After we brought out the chairs we told him to go out because we needed to close the door. He didn't answer but moved. He went out the room and walked upstairs, to the roof. We found it strange and took a look. The door to the roof was locked and chained and the boy disappeared. Of course we then made sure the rumour spread as fast as possible...

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2011, 06:24:50 PM »
I think ghosts only form if they have a reason to. If someone was perfectly happy with their life and doesn't mind dying, then they will pass on quietly. But if someone has a strong attachment to this world, or they have unfinished business, they'll become a ghost.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2011, 07:29:46 PM »
Well as far as I'm aware, there're a couple of stories related to certain places in my school that are backed by accounts from both students and teachers, so it seems less likely to be a rumour.

Of the stories and whatnot that I can remember, there is supposedly a ghost in the auditorium that has done things such as "sitting" in the audience when the whole place is dark and there's only a couple people doing whatever on stage, to the curtains slowly and inexplicably closing by themselves.  The backstage costume room is apparently haunted as well.

People have also heard footsteps in the hallways after hours and investigated to find no one else in the building.

Amusingly enough, there haven't been any stories related to the bathrooms at my school however the second supposedly haunted location more than makes up for that.  This location is in the tunnels under our school.  The tunnels were likely built during World War Two in case of bombing raids, but considering I live in Canada, they never really saw any use.  I've heard that the tunnels apparently extend all the way down to the riverfront and there's very little in the way of electrical wiring down there for lights.  People have claimed to see things such as orbs and the sound of scratching coming from the other side of a big locked metal door, but you never know.  It is a bit unnerving though in that when some locals filmed a ghost program documenting three of the haunted places downtown (a very old house, the theater, and my school), they found writing utensils and homework from the Sixties all laid out and organized in front of a lone stool.

So... yeah.  I honestly don't know if there are ghosts at my school, but these are the things I've heard about the potential hauntings.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 07:31:22 PM by Hakasu »

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2011, 10:37:25 PM »
Well, in my school, this happens, but not to me. Apparently when the school janitor was cleaning the toilet in one of the rooms in there, the door suddenly closes. The door wasn't locked but the janitor couldn't open it no matter what. He managed to get out safely by climbing the door.

My school have lots of ghosts stories. That's because the school building was previously a hospital. I think if you want to know if a school is haunted, check it's history, on before it was built.

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2011, 02:31:18 AM »
My cousin's school was built beside a graveyard. What's worse, they extended it and built a new block a few years back right into the graveyard. Then last year, when my cousin was totally stressed out, studying for a big exam, (maybe you're more vulnerable when you're under pressure or something?) she started seeing things walking outside the class. White blur-ish light and started hearing soft whispers when nobody is around, like warning her, threatening her and such. And once, she felt a heavy feeling when on the bus and when she was back home studying, she saw a floating face at her door (or window, I forgot). Luckily my uncle came in and saw her terrified, and somehow it just disappeared. They went to a medium after that to get help and soon she got better.

It was also that very school where this girl many years ago had to use the equipment in the school workshop for her project. It was the last day of school before the holidays and she didn't wanna ruin her holidays doing the project. As she was all alone, the door suddenly closed and was locked up. She got stuck in there for a long time... But now I heard that whole workshop is closed and they built an extra flight of stairs over it. I don't know if there have been any new rumours about the stairs, though.

My school had the same case too. Someone got locked up in a room and died in there, now it's the computer room for the teachers. Never heard any stories about it but all the computers are infected with so many types of viruses that no one dares to even insert a pendrive. Does that count? :V

Oh ya, still wondering bout my last question, is it true that when telling ghost stories, you must always be in a group of even-numbered people?
Madness?

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2011, 04:32:26 AM »
Yeah. maybe lots of get-locked accidents (even though is not an accident) happens in school. There's a friend of mine who has a "sixth sense", so he can see spirits. And then one of them tried to lock him up in a storage room, he was so scared and panicked, then he breaks the window in the door and escapes. It's a good thing that my school has door with glass.

Cystral Dragon

• [Prince of Nothing]
  • Hey you noticed me!
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2011, 09:20:12 PM »
We don't have anything at our school since it's a rich kid school but my friend and I tried to find a way to make our own schools, 7 mysteries. They all failed.
Well I should've made it Prince of Void.

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2011, 05:17:15 PM »
You can't "make" 7 mysteries for your school, unless... yes, unless you die yourself or doing something awesome enough to lure the ghosts in. (or kill someone)
There are many ways to do this, of course one of the easiest is an Ouija Board.

Doing disrespect things to a grave is fine too, like pissing on it, destroy it, dig it up,... There are a lot of story about a ghost that had its grave destroyed came back to haunt people. However, the "haunt" for this will be severe, actually, people that did such things on a grave will receive the most brutal end. Not sure about other country, but in Vietnam, I've heard at least 3 stories about this. One, a farmer accidentally had his ox destroyed a unknown grave. Two, a kid took a bet and pissed on a grave. Three, a thief dug a grave up, cut off one arm of the corpse (they believe it will have them sneaking in the house without being noticed). The results were:
1. The whole family got killed brutally, their bodies looked like got stomped hard by some animal.
2. The kid disappeared, and found buried alive in that very grave.
3. The whole family died, one hand cut off.

All stories had the offenders mentally challenged with noises, regular haunting at nights, strange things with the electronic devices: the mobile recorded itself, 2-3 minutes and only 50-60 KB (the age of the ghost when it died) then got killed.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2011, 05:29:51 PM »
And that's why when I go to the graveyard I do the best I can to not step on a grave. I do believe in those things, aside from the fact that I have a lot of respect for the dead. And if I have to sit on a grave, I always apologize afterwards. For example, when I visit my aunts' graves, there's a grave with a nice cement slate covering it, with the name of who was there and stuff, so i tend to sit there. I always feel unease when I do and I always apologize to the person who's in there.