Author Topic: Practice  (Read 2030 times)

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
Practice
« on: March 13, 2010, 02:45:11 AM »
I'm trying to get better at touhou and I'm wondering which game is the best to practice with.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
Re: Practice
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 03:23:40 AM »
If you haven't been doing so already, I would say to go through Imperishable Night and unlock as many spellcards as you can across all difficulties (see how far you can get on Lunatic with 7 lives and multiple continues, even), and try to capture as many of them as you can in Spell Practice.  It's a good start to your Touhou career, as it introduces you to a nice assortment of patterns does a pretty good job of teaching you some important dodging tricks early on.

For non-patterned dodging, Phantasmagoria of Flower View is the way to go, as its barrages teach you how to read random clusters and how to judge when it's time to bomb (and, as any veteran will tell you, bomb judgement is very important in any game).

Of course, if you're trying to 1cc a specific game, that game is probably the one to practice, and otherwise, if you have no specific goals other than to "get better", you can't go wrong with spreading yourself out across the series.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
Re: Practice
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 03:52:35 AM »
ok thanks