Author Topic: Maka Maka: The Greatest RPG no one has played  (Read 15179 times)

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Re: Maka Maka: The Greatest RPG no one has played
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 09:08:08 PM »
Awesome as the game is, I have to admit Nocturne's difficulty can be flat-out cheap at times, even by RPG standards.
So I heard (and watched from various playthroughs and an LP). It's a matter of picking a skill build and sticking to it, for me.
I have a possible skill build for the protagonist that's a hybrid of magic and physical:
-Focus (for a power boost)-High-damage Physical attack (Divine Shot, Hades Blast, Freikugel)-One spell from each of the fire/ice/force/elec elements, but I'm not sure how useful those four elements will be in the later game compared to Allmighty and Expel.
-Fog Breath (must-have skill)-Either War Cry, Might, or Counter. This last skill is kind of filler to me.
I haven't played the game, obviously, so if anyone thinks my build is cool or crap, please say so. I've seen people go all physical or all magic before, but going with just one kind of damage kind of locks you into your strategy.

Formless God

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 04:20:03 AM »
Nocturne's on my list, but I'm so backlogged with other games I may never get to it, lol. P2 I heard was good, but I'm not sure if I should get it or not. If... I don't know too well, but if there's a fanslation for it, please point me to a link.

Here.

Awesome as the game is, I have to admit Nocturne's difficulty can be flat-out cheap at times, even by RPG standards.

Like, having to fight a certain boss twice because :
- I hit him with Divine Shot and the goddamn thing bounced back into my face. THEN the boss proceeded to Beast's Eye Attack Attack Attack and that's it.
- I got hit with FOUR critical Guillotines in a row on my way back to the Terminal, AFTER the battle.

So I heard (and watched from various playthroughs and an LP). It's a matter of picking a skill build and sticking to it, for me.
I have a possible skill build for the protagonist that's a hybrid of magic and physical:
-Focus (for a power boost)-High-damage Physical attack (Divine Shot, Hades Blast, Freikugel)-One spell from each of the fire/ice/force/elec elements, but I'm not sure how useful those four elements will be in the later game compared to Allmighty and Expel.
-Fog Breath (must-have skill)-Either War Cry, Might, or Counter. This last skill is kind of filler to me.
I haven't played the game, obviously, so if anyone thinks my build is cool or crap, please say so. I've seen people go all physical or all magic before, but going with just one kind of damage kind of locks you into your strategy.

Those four elements are okay but Almighty is beyond useless :V
Fog Breath and War Cry are useful (though I prefer Taunt + Dekaja more), but they cost too much MP. Leave them to your demons and give your MC Tarukaja and Rakukaja instead (Suku is too luck-based).
Might is a must-have. Dump Avenge/Counter for Magma Axis. It'll help in one fight, then replace it with Samarecarm/Life Surge or something.
It's up to you to pick your build, but make sure to enter the last dungeon with a physical build. Your magic won't leave a dent on the final boss (or even the ones before him).

(we need an SMT thread :V)

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 06:01:15 AM »
Here.

Like, having to fight a certain boss twice because :
- I hit him with Divine Shot and the goddamn thing bounced back into my face. THEN the boss proceeded to Beast's Eye Attack Attack Attack and that's it.
- I got hit with FOUR critical Guillotines in a row on my way back to the Terminal, AFTER the battle.

Those four elements are okay but Almighty is beyond useless :V
Fog Breath and War Cry are useful (though I prefer Taunt + Dekaja more), but they cost too much MP. Leave them to your demons and give your MC Tarukaja and Rakukaja instead (Suku is too luck-based).
Might is a must-have. Dump Avenge/Counter for Magma Axis. It'll help in one fight, then replace it with Samarecarm/Life Surge or something.
It's up to you to pick your build, but make sure to enter the last dungeon with a physical build. Your magic won't leave a dent on the final boss (or even the ones before him).

(we need an SMT thread :V )
-Thanks a bunch.
-That's more like bad luck than hardcore difficulty, if you were playing on Hard that would have been the end of you.
-You know what Nocturne guides need? A step by step breakdown of what abilities you need when, instead of just either being paragraphs of text or general lists of what skills you should use, it should break down the areas of the game you explore and suggest a build you need. Maybe I'll make a guide like that...But I never wrote a guide before so...Nyeh.
-And I agree, we neeeeeeed an SMT thread, especially since Strange Journey's coming out next month.

EDIT: Forgive the noob question, but why does this board like to smush paragraphs together like I never used the enter key at all? Honestly.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 09:33:18 AM »
Both of you need to stop posting here.