Author Topic: Nintendo Switch / NX Reveal Thread  (Read 9783 times)

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
Re: Nintendo Switch / NX Reveal Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2016, 01:50:40 PM »
We'll see how long it takes me to lose this in the couch or something knowing me.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2016, 06:31:29 PM »
My ambivalence knows no bounds! I'm just hoping its tricks turn out for the best since the Wii U has always just felt like a good vehicle for the virtual console.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2016, 06:40:53 PM »
I smell Inovation. I heard that in Japan when Nintendo unveiled the Nintendo Switch their shares immiediately incresed by 1% , this means basically is worth more 1M ( maybe Billion ) than before ( which i bet is a ridiculously giant number  ) :D
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2016, 12:55:46 PM »
There was actually a ~5% drop I think.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2016, 12:59:06 PM »
If it's meant to replace (rather than co-exist with) 3DS, RIP Etrian Odyssey.

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2016, 02:35:12 AM »
If it's meant to replace (rather than co-exist with) 3DS, RIP Etrian Odyssey.
Also possibly RIP it as well.
Initial reactions were too big to be viable handheld... Also battery life, if it wants to be a home console it will need to draw quite a lot of power.
So more like the Gamecube or WiiU I guess, portable, not handheld.  Did actually use a GC with attachable screen back in high school. 

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2016, 05:16:07 PM »
Initial reactions were too big to be viable handheld
By that metric I think the 3DS is too big to be a viable handheld.  Unless you're wearing cargo pants or something it doesn't fit in a pocket and stays at home, so the 3DS is just as portable as a Wii U for me.

Personally the portability is a plus for me, if Splat2n is playable on a single screen it'll be great when my nephew and I are squadding together when he's visiting.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2016, 10:31:11 PM »
You must have lousy pockets. I don't have any issue carting around an XL in any of my pockets.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2016, 12:22:22 AM »
By that metric I think the 3DS is too big to be a viable handheld.  Unless you're wearing cargo pants or something it doesn't fit in a pocket and stays at home, so the 3DS is just as portable as a Wii U for me.

Personally the portability is a plus for me, if Splat2n is playable on a single screen it'll be great when my nephew and I are squadding together when he's visiting.

3DS doesn't really fit in a pants pocket, but it does fit in a jacket pocket pretty cleanly. Whereas this wouldn't. Like at all.

You must have lousy pockets. I don't have any issue carting around an XL in any of my pockets.

For real? I'm trying it out right now and I CAN fit my 3DS in my jeans pocket, but it's a tight and uncomfortable fit and definitely couldn't have a dust cover on it so it would get lint in it. And mine is not an XL.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2016, 02:36:06 AM »
Did JNCO come back in style or something, or do you just wear baggy pants? My jeans are just big enough that I could pull them past my hips while still buttoned (I still need to wear a belt because they are a bit loose at the waist) and even my smartphone (Galaxy Note 4) is tight in my pockets while sitting, nevermind something several times thicker.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2016, 03:04:54 PM »
Be like me and bring your 3DS XL when purse shopping to make sure it fits as manatory criteria  :V