Author Topic: dangerous patchouli  (Read 3463 times)

dangerous patchouli
« on: September 16, 2015, 07:27:57 AM »
to whoever played the game:

It is possible to beat the boss rush without cheating? i can only reached stage 5 and that survival spell is inhumane for me.
It is also possible to beat machosism mode without cheating? (you can only be invulnerable if your hp is greater than 1 and that hit will kill you (except spikes)) I cant even beat stage 1
It is possible to clear every spell card in the game using suwako or patchouli? thanks

Re: dangerous patchouli
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 01:05:28 PM »
why didn't you use "save&load" and "retry" function?

try more and you will beat it ( I was always told like this)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 02:02:52 PM »
Masochism mode definitely has an apt name. I haven't played Dangerous Patchouli yet (I really should...) but it's a sequel to Dangerous Suwako and, whilst the tricks in Dangerous Suwako generally got a little less silly and the stages a bit more fun after maso stage 1, it's still very much giving you a taste of what's to come; it's entirely beatable, but it's going to take a long time and have a lot of shenanigans and cruelty. If you aren't a masochist you probably would not have a good time :V

I had a blast but I loved the suffering. <3 Mmnph it hurts so good
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 02:13:04 PM »
if you feel bosses difficult.
try this:
select Patchouli,
select the earth sign,
walk to somewhere you like ,then hold Z(jump) to float,
press (not hold) X (shot) to put an amulet in front,
walk in the amulet,
press S to select the fire sign,
hold X to shot for a few seconds,
press A to select the earth sign and go on,
you can beat most bosses like this.

Tenshi and Raiko's survival card are difficult,though.

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
  • Double Spoiler was my birthday present.
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 09:54:22 PM »
It's definitely possible, Suwako can be used for the earlier bosses, but when the bullet storm gets too dense to shoot through, the earth and fire strategy definitely works.
Edit: I might want to mention that the third room you get to in Masochism mode appears to be unbeatable. It has moving platforms pass by a key block but you can't open the door. There are spikes everywhere.
Editagain: okay never mind, I had an outdated version (1.10) and just updated to most recent (1.21), it's fixed. You can download the update at their website.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 11:11:01 PM by WodofGar »

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 05:09:40 AM »
i beat tenshi in boss rush using suwako i used ring to cover myself from bullets, but the boss fight last 15 mins ( i enjoy the boss theme for 15 mins) the problem is the other survival spell, even in 100hp, i still died

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 05:12:24 AM »
Unsure about that, haven't gotten that far in boss rush. But Swacker's rings work pretty well if you need to be moving, the amulets are good for stationary and they have a chance to deal some damage.

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 02:26:42 PM »
3 life spellcard
you may let Tenshi dig and dig until she goes down to the thorns.
if you hit her 3 times you will die by her last spellcard

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 12:13:38 AM »
what will happen if you beat tenshi and you still fall in the spikes?

by the way the hard part is the raiko survival spell, even at 110 hp, im still owned

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 12:19:32 AM »
The spikes kill you instantly XD
SO DON'T DO IT!!!