Author Topic: Fangame Challenges - Discussion (Round 1 + still gauging interest)  (Read 2682 times)

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
I am intending to start a challenge thread for Touhou danmaku fangames, in the vein of the past challenge threads, but I want to get some advice and suggestions before beginning. Here's roughly how it will go:

* 2-3 challenges per round, lasting for somewhere between 2-3 weeks, some of which would be considered "bonus" challenges.
* The main challenges would be restricted to free danmaku games of reasonable quality. The bonus challenges would remove this restriction.

I've got an idea of most of the games I want to cover. Having said that, I wouldn't mind suggestions as well as your opinions on this idea.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:13:38 AM by Arcorann »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
Re: Fangame Challenges - Discussion (gauging interest)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 02:07:21 AM »
I would looove to see some Moedan challenges! Awesome potential with the combining of spell cards.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 02:59:13 PM »
Sounds potentially interesting. It'd give people (including me) a reason to try out more of the fan games, too.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 11:22:50 AM »
I would looove to see some Moedan challenges! Awesome potential with the combining of spell cards.
Seconding this, if this thread is still alive that is.

Also, obligatory Phantasmagoria Trues suggestion, since it's so good.

Youkai Kori Kassen would be possible too, with the potential of spellcard practice and alot of different difficulty routes.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 07:05:21 AM »
Quick reminder that the first round has been up for nearly six days, and exactly one person has posted so far. At this rate an extension is very likely.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
Re: Fangame Challenges - Discussion (Round 1 + still gauging interest)
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 02:29:31 AM »
Round 1 extended, now ending no earlier than the 25th. Still disappointed with the turnout.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Re: Fangame Challenges - Discussion (Round 1 + still gauging interest)
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 03:54:04 PM »
Marine Benefit plx :)
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>