Author Topic: EA's fail over Sim City  (Read 16290 times)

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
Re: EA's fail over Sim City
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2013, 12:30:17 AM »
Found this article on Forbes, it seems that some people decided that offline mode didn't work out with what they wanted:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/03/17/ea-admits-simcity-could-have-run-offline-went-against-developers-vision/

Find it interesting how the article notes that EA and Maxis have been saying opposing statements. I'm beginning to wonder of Maxis is covering a shoehorned EA DRM programming order or not.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2013, 02:08:36 AM »
I'm beginning to wonder of Maxis is covering a shoehorned EA DRM programming order or not.
Of course they are, that much should be clear to everyone by now. DICE employees have been quite open in the past about how restrictive and imposing EA can be with their demands.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2013, 12:02:36 AM »
Well I suppose it's better compensation than nothing at all.

In the meantime EA's CEO resigned. He states it's mostly due to financial under-performance, but I am sure the company's track record under his reign has more to do with it.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2013, 12:56:43 AM »
I haven't really followed EA that much since most the games they release now aren't that much of interest... but it seems like they've really gone rotten if to be ranked the worst company of America.

Though if the company is really that bad, I doubt that jettisoning the CEO will really help that much to get them out of the gutter.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2013, 02:24:13 AM »
I'm kinda glad. There's been what seems to be one major issue per each major release over a stretch of time I really can't quantify at the moment. It's been damaging for the series involved with the issues and for the people enjoyed previous entries/games for that series/company.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2013, 03:03:38 AM »
I haven't really followed EA that much since most the games they release now aren't that much of interest... but it seems like they've really gone rotten if to be ranked the worst company of America.

That was for ME3's ending, though they are up for it again this year (just after this happened)

This resignation is probably for SW:ToR and their Facebook games. Simcity still sold enough for them to brag about, but lost micro transactions/subscriptions will hurt.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2013, 05:05:18 AM »
So, EA tries to make up for its blunders. Thoughts?
Anyone who gets BF3 will find themselves unable to play unless they pay more $50 :derp:

Also it's absolutely hilarious that they're offering SimCity 4 as an option
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2013, 07:24:21 AM »
Well I suppose it's better compensation than nothing at all.

In the meantime EA's CEO resigned. He states it's mostly due to financial under-performance, but I am sure the company's track record under his reign has more to do with it.
I prefer Jimothy's take on this.
Good night, Molag Bal, daedric prince of Electronic Arts. We wait in terror for the rise of your successor.
I think that says it all...