Author Topic: [Music] Piano Arrangements  (Read 5039 times)

[Music] Piano Arrangements
« on: November 25, 2012, 08:47:28 AM »
Hello friends.

I'm not the greatest musician out there but I make Touhou piano arrangements. If you regularly visit r/touhou on Reddit, you may have seen my submissions.

You can listen to my works on my SoundCloud page here:
http://www.soundcloud.com/oneandonliee

You can download any Touhou arrangements from my MediaFire folder. It will be updated each time I submit a new arrangement.
http://www.mediafire.com/?5s8rvky3q3cm0

If you guys have any interest, have a little visit.

Kip

Re: [Music] Piano Arrangements
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 07:48:42 PM »
I must say, you're pretty good! I know from experience that Touhou songs are hard to play properly on the piano (It's taking me AGES to get Eastern Dream down pat) but you do a fantastic job at arranging the themes for the instrument. I can't give you much in the advice department at all because I am only an amateur at the piano myself, but really you do an awesome job. My favorite so far of yours is probably your Border of Life arrangement or your Septette for the Dead Princess arrangement.

Keep up the sweet piano playing, dude~! :3

Drake

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 10:04:56 PM »
What piano VST you use? It's pretty soft and crisp.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 12:19:28 AM »
I must say, you're pretty good! I know from experience that Touhou songs are hard to play properly on the piano (It's taking me AGES to get Eastern Dream down pat) but you do a fantastic job at arranging the themes for the instrument. I can't give you much in the advice department at all because I am only an amateur at the piano myself, but really you do an awesome job. My favorite so far of yours is probably your Border of Life arrangement or your Septette for the Dead Princess arrangement.

Keep up the sweet piano playing, dude~! :3
Thanks, it is in fact pretty hard to play some of ZUN's music. For this reason I can only record a good sounding track if I record it in separate parts. I can't actually play through from beginning to end for two reasons. First, I make a lot of mistakes, Second, I usually compose various parts so it's sometimes impossible to play the entire arrangement on one piano.

And I see you prefer the slower arrangements. I've been wondering myself if listeners like the slower arrangements which are new interpretations, or the faster ones which are more similar to the original songs.

What piano VST you use? It's pretty soft and crisp.
The program I use is Reason by Propellerhead. From what I understand, they aren't VSTs per se so they can't be used in other programs. Browsing through the files, I've learned the instruments can be accessed through a file called "Factory Sound Bank.rfl". The .rfl file extension seems to be a Reason file type so it might really be usable with Reason only. Regardless, the instrument name is "Hall Piano", though that might not really help if you don't use Reason.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 06:41:27 AM »
Pretty nice stuff. I have several interests here.

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 04:18:43 PM »
Nice stuff indeed.
I really liked your arrangements of Border of Life and Green-Eyed Jealousy.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 07:39:51 PM »
Good job man, my favorite for now was Green-Eyed Jealousy
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 11:14:43 PM »
Hello friends.

These are some works in progress. I've edited together 30-second samples of 5 arrangements I have saved and neglected.  Which of these arrangements would you like to hear finished next?

http://soundcloud.com/oneandonliee/touhou-samples/s-sCQaE

0:00 - Colorful Path, Reimu's theme from PoFV
0:30 - Romantic Children, stage 3 theme from Mystic Square
1:00 - Love-Colored Master Spark, Marisa's theme from IN
1:30 - Lunatic Princess, Kaguya's theme from IN
2:00 - The Gensokyo the Gods Loved, stage 3 theme from MoF

I've asked on Reddit as well. I might give it another day before tallying everything together.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 11:52:55 PM »
Order of preference
Love-Coloured Master Spark > The Gensokyo the Gods Loved > Lunatic Princess > the rest

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 10:58:01 PM »
Order of preference
Love-Coloured Master Spark > The Gensokyo the Gods Loved > Lunatic Princess > the rest
Thanks for the input Pesco. For anyone else wondering, I'll be working on Gensokyo and I'll update when it's finished and uploaded. Gensokyo the song, not the place, btw. >_>

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 09:17:43 PM »
Hello, it's been a while.

I should have mentioned this before, but I'm not one of those musicians that can dish out a song everyday. It's pretty hard for me to figure out how to do some arrangements, it takes me a few weeks at the least.

I was supposed to work on The Gensokyo the Gods Loved but I've been having some massive trouble arranging it. To fill the silence, I've come up with this song which is a combination of "Voile, the Magic Library" and "Love-Colored Magic/Master Spark". Uncreatively named, "The Love-Colored Magic Library".
http://soundcloud.com/oneandonliee/the-love-colored-magic-library

The MediaFire folder has been updated to include this song.
http://www.mediafire.com/?5s8rvky3q3cm0

I'll still try to work on Gensokyo, but some parts just don't sound right to me. I'm also not sure at all what I'm supposed to do for the solo because I'm not that great a pianist. Wish me luck.