Author Topic: Danmakufu lag  (Read 3232 times)

Danmakufu lag
« on: November 20, 2012, 10:01:46 PM »
Today I was 1cc'ing The Last Comer on Danmakufu (it's for 0.12m), but the game lagged fuckily in some parts (sometimes dropping to ~30fps), while in most parts it ran at 60fps, but the lag still annoyed a lot. I know Danmakufu 0.12m is really old and very bad optimized, but is there a way to fix this (or at least make it better than it currently is)? I still have a hope because there are many options in config.exe that I don't know the function due to being in Japanese (I'm already playing in 16 bits though). It's annoying how I can run resource-hog commercial games but I'm having lag issues with a damn Danmakufu script.  :ohdear:

Specs: http://puu.sh/1ssIh (my videocard is overclocked btw)

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Re: Danmakufu lag
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 10:26:10 PM »
A generic suggestion: Do you have your videocard drivers and/or your DirectX updated? Also did you enable your videocard to be used when you play Danmakufuu. I don't know if all videoboards have this characteristic but with my geforce I need to "force" its use for some applications, otherelse it'll use the onboard videocard to save energy.
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 11:20:13 PM »
Less generic suggestion:

Load the TLC script. go into Options. There are two options at the bottom, Super Flat Mode and Flat Mode. Turn one or both of them on and see if that improves performance.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 11:41:41 PM »
Pretty sure everything's up to date. I tried to take another look at the videocard's application thingy but it sucks really bad and only have a profiles thing, that I just changed into Gaming profile, and seems to have helped a bit. And I just enabled both Flat modes and went to fight Jesus to see if it helped... it seemed to help a bit as well, but soon at the fight I got a script error, and when I came back the Extra/Practice wasn't unlocked anymore. But thank you guys for the help.