Author Topic: Will it be possible for a .hack virutal reality MMORPG soon?  (Read 4099 times)

ReimuHakurei

Will it be possible for a .hack virutal reality MMORPG soon?
« on: August 18, 2012, 03:41:51 PM »
As our technology is getting greater faster, will it be possible for the game .hack to be made into a virutal reality MMORPG?

It would be great to see us feeling like we are the characters and very much feel were in the game playing instead of looking at our HD screens playing with a controller.

Problems I see here are hackers and once you feel like your in the game how  do you get back out to your real self? Hackers could affect us in a way and I wouldn't be surprised if someone managed to make data drain hack that could send you into a coma (Maybe I am just going over my head with this one) but it might be possible.

Anyways overall do you think soon it will be possible for a .hack virutal reality MMORPG??? =D

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Will it be possible for a .hack virutal reality MMORPG soon?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 03:53:53 PM »
I'd say give it about 10-20 years.
Sure, I'll be a middle-aged old fart by then, but I'll still play!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

ReimuHakurei

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 04:10:45 PM »
I'd say give it about 10-20 years.
Sure, I'll be a middle-aged old fart by then, but I'll still play!

Right on! I couldn't care if I was in my 50s or 60s I'd still play the game of The World. =D

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 04:14:29 PM »
Haha, hell yeah man. You know how it is, 'once a gamer, always a gamer!'
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 04:23:27 PM »
I would seriously love that. Playing in VR, broom broom, hack and slash, skiiiiiiiiit. Count me out if anything coma-related happens though. :V

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

ReimuHakurei

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 05:20:12 PM »
Haha, hell yeah man. You know how it is, 'once a gamer, always a gamer!'

True that, I will be a gamer until last bits of my life. =D

ReimuHakurei

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 05:22:43 PM »
I would seriously love that. Playing in VR, broom broom, hack and slash, skiiiiiiiiit. Count me out if anything coma-related happens though. :V

Same here but I will still play it even if a coma related report does happen. xD I wouldn't want to miss out in the fun of playing The World MMORPG VR ;3

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 05:25:50 PM »
Y'know, you could've responded to those in the same post.

But yeah, even if there's coma reports, I'll keep rocking along. Knowing my luck, I'll be the first of this little group to go. :V
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 10:49:46 PM »
I'd be happy if they just made an MMORPG out of the .hack universe.  I remember reading somewhere that they didn't think it would take off because "The World" was merely the stage for the story to unfold, and an actual game wouldn't have the same appeal because it wouldn't have the story that the .hack series does.  I still think it'd be really fun, though...  Keep the combo system from GU and the magic/element system from IMOQ.  Magic was really lacking in GU and it was easy to avoid spells, so they could just implement the accuracy/evasion system from IMOQ, since all spells were automatically locked on to the targets.  I'm sure if they tried, they could work something out story-wise.  They could focus on the lore of The World, but have intentional "glitches" hidden throughout the game, like strong enemies appearing in weak areas and hidden bosses and junk like that, as well as the regular enemies and bosses.

Or they could just make another .hack game for the PS3... or we could get Versus localized...

But yeah, even if there's coma reports, I'll keep rocking along. Knowing my luck, I'll be the first of this little group to go. :V

And thus, the "Maidens of the Kaleidoscope" guild start their journey to save their fallen comrade...

Zerviscos

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 01:49:10 AM »
I'd be happy if they just made an MMORPG out of the .hack universe.  I remember reading somewhere that they didn't think it would take off because "The World" was merely the stage for the story to unfold, and an actual game wouldn't have the same appeal because it wouldn't have the story that the .hack series does.  I still think it'd be really fun, though...  Keep the combo system from GU and the magic/element system from IMOQ.  Magic was really lacking in GU and it was easy to avoid spells, so they could just implement the accuracy/evasion system from IMOQ, since all spells were automatically locked on to the targets.  I'm sure if they tried, they could work something out story-wise.  They could focus on the lore of The World, but have intentional "glitches" hidden throughout the game, like strong enemies appearing in weak areas and hidden bosses and junk like that, as well as the regular enemies and bosses.
If I remember correctly, CyberConnect2 actually HAD plans for a MMORPG of .hack/The World. It was called .hack//Fragment, that was right after the original .hack//series on PS2(eg. .hack//Infection) but was only released in Japan, plus was also cancelled all together. I don't know why though. :V

Or they could just make another .hack game for the PS3... or we could get Versus localized...
Lol. Versus if no RPG genre yet will satisfy me.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 01:52:15 AM by Invisible »

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 01:57:52 AM »
I remember seeing a video a long time ago with a Japanese hacker who combined a Kinect, Wiimote, Headset, and MikuMikuDance to put himself into the MMD world as Miku, aka VR. So yes, an MMO like The World is totally possible, but I'm not sure if they're going to do it soon. I'll link the video as soon as I find it.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS33cENjyRs
Here's the video
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:00:09 AM by Amae Koromo »

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 09:23:23 AM »
If I remember correctly, CyberConnect2 actually HAD plans for a MMORPG of .hack/The World. It was called .hack//Fragment, that was right after the original .hack//series on PS2(eg. .hack//Infection) but was only released in Japan, plus was also cancelled all together. I don't know why though. :V

From what I've read, it was more to "test the water" with an MMO based on IMOQ, but it wasn't really all that "Massively Multiplayer".  It was the same engine that the IMOQ games used, and you could either play "Offline" (solo) or "Online" with a party of 3.  It got cancelled because it didn't do very good and I think it was a bit buggy.  The character creation wasn't all that diverse, either.

I remember seeing a video a long time ago with a Japanese hacker who combined a Kinect, Wiimote, Headset, and MikuMikuDance to put himself into the MMD world as Miku, aka VR. So yes, an MMO like The World is totally possible, but I'm not sure if they're going to do it soon. I'll link the video as soon as I find it.

Here's the video

That actually looks really fun...

Zerviscos

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »
Ugh my desktop keyboard broke...*iPad....hnggghhhghh*

From what I've read, it was more to "test the water" with an MMO based on IMOQ, but it wasn't really all that "Massively Multiplayer".  It was the same engine that the IMOQ games used, and you could either play "Offline" (solo) or "Online" with a party of 3.  It got cancelled because it didn't do very good and I think it was a bit buggy.  The character creation wasn't all that diverse, either.

That actually looks really fun...
Pretty much like Phantasy Star?

Here's the video
I am LOLing and amazed at the same time. :V