Author Topic: DAMMIT AMNESIA Y U SO SCARY (like a bau5)  (Read 9935 times)

Re: DAMMIT AMNESIA Y U SO SCARY (like a bau5)
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 09:35:16 PM »
I heard if you linger in a certain map for too long a kaenrk will spawn and it can walk on ground, so you have to escape it by barricading doors behind you or something while you run away...
I've never heard this before, thinking it's just a rumor, as I've watched my fair share of lets plays without that ever happening.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 10:51:20 PM »
Okay, this thread has probaly turned into an amnesia disscussion thread by now :V .
I wish i knew why frictional games has made a creepy alexander portrait when you open a cabinet and it contains bones, and your sanity lowers BTW

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 11:18:43 PM »
I've never seen the creepy Alex portrait. I just know that it's in the game because of the wiki.
Kaernks aren't supposed to move on the ground. Might have been a glitch.
They can actually be killed? Well that's new to me...

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2012, 05:19:59 AM »
I'm looking for scary stuff that I can enjoy over the summer (dunno why demand for scary stuff peaks at around Summer in Korea, but yeah)
Two games I've started (somewhat) recently; Ao Oni (which is free), and Cry of Fear (Half-life mod, very long with multiple ending). If you want a popular game with good atmosphere I advise one of the first two Silent Hill games (if you can get your hands on them). Also check out PewDiePie's vids. He's got a good list of horror games he lets plays (so you can get a taste and see if you want to dive into that particular game).
Not meaning to derail, Amnesia and other horror games go well together (also, Penumbra did "Amnesia," but I've heard their other games were lacking in comparison).
Alternatively, you can actually kill them by beating them over the head with a crate or barrel. At least, according to the wiki.
Yeah I highly doubt that (it might shove them out of the map though).
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2012, 08:39:33 PM »
Yeah I highly doubt that (it might shove them out of the map though).
From the wiki
The Kaernk can be 'killed' by grabbing a barrel and standing in the water a ways from the monster, then waiting until the Kaernk is 1 splash away before throwing the barrel at its "feet". A sickly yellow splash will occur if this is successful, and the creature will cease to chase you. A crate or box that is bashed repeatedly onto the Kaernk will also accomplish this feat. This does not work with smaller items however, as they usually just anger the monster instead.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2012, 11:33:56 PM »
Okay guys this is uneeded sh*t but im creating my own custom story called 'Another Murderer...'. I cant remember  what the title is inspired by but i belive the name is based on one of Sakuya's spellcards.
Anyways the story is you're the cunning master of a large mansion. One morning you wake up with low sanity and low health. You had a large party last night with lots of people invited to it. When you wake up you realise your room is one of the few places in the mansion which is completely wrecked. You travel further and further in the mansion to find out why, and you eventually realise there is a 'being' in the area which kills people. So you try to escape. You succeed in doing so and you migrate to America, hoping to escape the being in your mansion.
There will be jumpscares in it but not the ones where a gatherer or teleporting naked guys spawn randomly in front of you. It will be realistic jumpscares. Also my younger brother is the tester. Im too scared to test :getdown:. But fondue why are you making it then if you're not going to test it?
Me: Bitch i do what i want :V
Any suggestions?