Author Topic: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye  (Read 172162 times)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: (Shiki)Eiki Quest the 3rd - Text Adventure of the Demonic Eye
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 03:03:35 AM »
>Shiki: "This is not about resolving an incident; that has already been done. You are using that job as an excuse for your anger."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2011, 03:39:35 AM »
>Shiki: "Oh? Being the Hakurei maiden does not give you that right-this is beyond resolving incidents-so what does?"
>Reptile Wrangler: "Making sure incidents STAY resolved and I know what the hell happened, that's what!"
>Shiki: "This is not about resolving an incident; that has already been done. You are using that job as an excuse for your anger."
>You're not sure if she ignored you or simply did not hear you.

>Which one has more of a sneaky or self-centered personality, as far as we're aware? If there's a clear winner, take them down.
>Suwako is sneakier, hands down.
>You focus your attacks on Suwako-wait how'd she get behind you?
>You get hit by a danmaku bullet. Ow.

>Manzano Yuyutains: "Oh, a pity! But perhaps we could hear what she looks like?"
>"Well, she has elbow-length blonde hair, purple eyes, and a black dress like the one I'm wearing right now.

>Beat.
>"Ah, and did a girl named Renko visit here recently?"
>"Yes, she did! Why do you ask?"
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 08:39:39 PM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2011, 04:16:13 AM »
Shiki: It would seem that there's no avoiding a fight. Open fire!

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 05:20:29 AM »
>Shiki: It would seem that there's no avoiding a fight. Open fire!
>You fire upon Reimu!
>"Crap, you too?!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2011, 06:47:13 AM »
>Hindbrain Harrier: "And you loved it. I saw how you lived there, free of worry, able to move freely among people and have as many friends as you wanted, all in the same place if you liked. You had neighbors, sis. People you could talk with and mix with freely, as many as you wanted. I saw you go to fairs and visit markets, I watched you volunteer with other animal lovers. When you wanted to be reclusive, you could. But you didn't have to. Tell me that it wasn't better, that you weren't happier and more free than you had ever been in your life."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:05:25 AM by It's Purvis! »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2011, 07:04:46 AM »
>Shiki: "I will not stand by while you enact your petty vengence!"
>Try to coordinate our position with those of the Moriya shrine group such that Reimu is under fire from all sides.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2011, 06:44:35 PM »
>Hindbrain Harrier: "And you loved it. I saw how you lived there, free of worry, able to move freely among people and have as many friends as you wanted, all in the same place if you liked. You had neighbors, sis. People you could talk with and mix with freely, as many as you wanted. I saw you go to fairs and visit markets, I watched you volunteer with other animal lovers. When you wanted to be reclusive, you could. But you didn't have to. Tell me that it wasn't better, that you weren't happier and more free than you had ever been in your life."
>"I honestly am content with the life I have now, and I know you think I am lying to myself about it. I don't intend to run away from what I truly am. Besides, what were you doing? Were you happier than you had ever been in your entire life?"

>Shiki: "I will not stand by while you enact your petty vengeance!"
>"This isn't petty vengeance!"

>Try to coordinate our position with those of the Moriya shrine group such that Reimu is under fire from all sides.
>You move until Reimu finds herself under fire from all sides.
>"Spirit Sign 「Fantasy Seal」!"
>She bombs, releasing several balls or white and colored light that split up and head towards Kanako, Suwako, and yourself!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2011, 07:14:41 PM »
>Id Insinuator: Shake head.
>"Now you're dodging the question. I asked you, was it better then? And it was. I'm not going to pretand it wasn't. Will you?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 12:24:43 AM »
>Id Insinuator: Shake head.
>"Now you're dodging the question. I asked you, was it better then? And it was. I'm not going to pretend it wasn't. Will you?"
>"No, I won't. It certainly doesn't mean I can't be satisfied with what I have now. Now, answer my question. What were you doing? Just wandering the world? And were you happier than you had ever been in your entire life?"
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:26:36 AM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2011, 12:50:52 AM »
>Shiki: "Then what would you claim this to be?"
>Evade and return fire.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2011, 12:52:06 AM »
>Superego Sucker: "Yeah. Seeing things and people that no one around here has even imagined. It was wonderful, Satori. Do you remember what a pyramid was? I got see one! And...was it the happiest? Overall, yes. I was free, I was unburdened. I had friends all over the world. I could come to you whenever I wanted. And it was the same for you, maybe on not so grand a scale, but in essence it was."

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2011, 03:58:55 AM »
>Sacramento Yuyutains: File all this away for the future. Surely it will be useful!
>"Oh, apparently Yukari dear and the Yama heard about someone telling tales about her, and mentioned you as well. Quite a good hunch!
>Density Dreamer: "Oi, what's Yuugi been up to these days?"

>Serpent Stringer: "Punishment and answers! How many times do I have to repeat myself?!"
>Keep moving! What's our situation?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 04:01:27 AM by IronE-Nazrin »
There was something here once. Wonder what...

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2011, 04:16:28 AM »
>Shiki: "Kanako has agreed to explain herself, and punishment is not within your right to give!"
>Okay, now we're just repeating ourself. this is getting nowhere. Force seems to be the only option right now, so keep firing!

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2011, 08:39:11 PM »
>Superego Sucker: "Yeah. Seeing things and people that no one around here has even imagined. It was wonderful, Satori. Do you remember what a pyramid was? I got see one! And...was it the happiest? Overall, yes. I was free, I was unburdened. I had friends all over the world. I could come to you whenever I wanted. And it was the same for you, maybe on not so grand a scale, but in essence it was."
>"Friends like who?"

>Sacramento Yuyutains: File all this away for the future. Surely it will be useful!
>Filed.

>"Oh, apparently Yukari dear and the Yama heard about someone telling tales about her, and mentioned you as well. Quite a good hunch!"
>"Huh, interesting."

>Density Dreamer: "Oi, what's Yuugi been up to these days?"
>"Nothing much. Just maintaining the city and stuff."

>Shiki: "Then what would you claim this to be?"
>Serpent Stringer: "Punishment and answers! How many times do I have to repeat myself?!"
>Shiki: "Kanako has agreed to explain herself, and punishment is not within your right to give!"
>"How so?!"

>Evade and return fire.
>You attempt to evade the light ball, but it relentlessly pursues you and you get hit anyways. You take it like a woman and keep firing.

>Okay, now we're just repeating ourselves. this is getting nowhere. Force seems to be the only option right now, so keep firing!
>And you continue firing.

>Keep moving! What's our situation?
>You have just bombed, so there's no danmaku immediately around you and for a few seconds you'll be invincible.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 08:48:23 PM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2011, 08:55:59 PM »
>Superego Striker: "People all over the world I met. Friends I've encountered and stayed with, people I helped with little things. So on. I could detail a few if you like, but I don't think you knew many of them."

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2011, 09:00:17 PM »
>Armpits: "Assuming I can even trust that explanation before beating them, you can talk while you fight, can't you?!"
>Blitz Suwako.
>"Not to mention that's nothing about froggy talking!"

>Wyuyuming Range: "Oh, and I should probably ask as well - what does that Renko girl look like? I think it would be good to speak with both of them~"
>Premiere Pettanko: What would 'maintaining the city' imply, as far as we recall? Worth making an educated guess as to where she might be...
There was something here once. Wonder what...

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2011, 12:53:02 AM »
>Shiki: "Does it take more than one being willing to explain?"
>Once Reimu's invulnerability period ends, laser attack!

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2011, 04:49:43 AM »
I am never using the party mechanic again.

>Superego Striker: "People all over the world I met. Friends I've encountered and stayed with, people I helped with little things. So on. I could detail a few if you like, but I don't think you knew many of them."
>"How close were they to you, do you think?"

>Armpits: "Assuming I can even trust that explanation before beating them, you can talk while you fight, can't you?!"
>Blitz Suwako.
>You blitz Suwako, who moves backwards to keep her distance from you. She then continues to shoot danmaku at you, but is then smacked by one of your light balls.

>"Not to mention that's nothing about froggy talking!"
>Shiki: "Does it take more than one being willing to explain?"
>"It takes more than one person not willing to cause another incident!"

>Wyuyuming Range: "Oh, and I should probably ask as well - what does that Renko girl look like? I think it would be good to speak with both of them~"
>"She has short brown hair and a ridiculously colorful sundress."

>Premiere Pettanko: What would 'maintaining the city' imply, as far as we recall? Worth making an educated guess as to where she might be...
>"Maintaining the city" includes things like stopping riots and brawls and governance.

>Once Reimu's invulnerability period ends, laser attack!
>You wait until Reimu's invulnerability period ends, then shoot several lasers in her direction. She gets trapped in several bullets. "Crap..."
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 10:39:22 PM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2011, 05:04:10 AM »
Hey, I'm not the one who decided to turn everyone in the party against each other.

>Shiki: Keep the pressure on her!
>"You don't know that they'll cause another incident, and if they do, that will be your time to act, not now!"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2011, 10:44:00 PM »
Hey, I'm not the one who decided to turn everyone in the party against each other.
It was more of the splitting up that was the problem.

>Shiki: Keep the pressure on her!
>You keep firing upon her. She shouts "Spirit Sign 「Fantasy Seal」!"

>"You don't know that they'll cause another incident, and if they do, that will be your time to act, not now!"
>"I prefer preventing incidents than resolving them!"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2011, 12:36:53 AM »
It was more of the splitting up that was the problem.

That wasn't my idea, either (I was intending just a quick conversation between Shiki and Koishi before they rejoined the others, but, well, yeah).

>Shiki: Get the hell out of the way.
>Once the invincibility period ends, go back to coordinating fire with the others.
>"So what are you going to do, then? Attack everyone in Gensokyo on a regular basis?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2011, 02:22:36 AM »
>Superego Soliciter: "Close enough, I miss some of them."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2011, 02:26:46 AM »
>Koishi: "And she took them away. She took yours away, too. She didn't even ask, just did it."

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2011, 02:56:40 AM »
That wasn't my idea, either (I was intending just a quick conversation between Shiki and Koishi before they rejoined the others, but, well, yeah).
I'm not blaming you for anything.

>Shiki: Get the hell out of the way.
>You get the hell out of the way. The light ball relentlessly pursues you, and you fly from it until it disintegrates on its own.

>Once the invincibility period ends, go back to coordinating fire with the others.
>You wait until Reimu's invincibility period ends, then continue firing at Reimu with Kanako and Suwako, who've been rather silent...Reimu carefully and slowly weaves through the bullets, but it looks like she might get hit again soon enough.

>"So what are you going to do, then? Attack everyone in Gensokyo on a regular basis?"
>"No, not everybody. Just those most likely to cause another incident!"

>Superego Soliciter: "Close enough, I miss some of them."
>Koishi: "And she took them away. She took yours away, too. She didn't even ask, just did it."
>"...I don't mind at all. She did what she thought was right, and so did you. And I know that you think that I'm too weak-willed to stand up for my own opinion. This is my own opinion."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2011, 03:26:48 AM »
>Shiki: "And how would you know who those are?"
>Laser her again.
>Koishi: "Oh, really? No, you're wrong. You wanted what I gave you, and she took it away for her own desires."
>"And yeys, I did what was right. She didn't. And what do you think is right?"

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2011, 03:45:38 AM »
>Shiki: "And how would you know who those are?"
>"People who have caused incidents before and are likely to do them again!"

>Laser her again.
>You laser her again. She sidesteps it but is then hit by a danmaku bullet.
>"Damn!"

>Koishi: "Oh, really? No, you're wrong. You wanted what I gave you, and she took it away for her own desires."
>"...Many people were satisfied with this life, and you took it away for your own desires. How are you two different?"

>"And yes, I did what was right. She didn't. And what do you think is right?"
>"Neither what you did or what Okuu did was right or wrong. You did what you thought was right. She did what you thought was wrong. Likewise, she undid what she thought was wrong."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 03:50:41 AM by Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2011, 05:22:17 AM »
>Koishi: "And what do you 'think' is right?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2011, 06:14:16 PM »
Disregard everything guy said relating to Koishi.

>"You're lying to me again, sis. You're telling me that you want to be a prisoner, and we both know it's not true. I can understand your hesitation a little, you don't want to be a burden. You never did. Why else did you choose to hide away in that rocky prison? Why else do you do consent to hide from people? Why do you not really stand up for yourself? So I did, and I helped you at the same time. And you loved it. Your actions in that paradise prove it beyond any protest you can give me. You loved it. You were free and happy, and so was everyone else. It was better, for us and all others."
>"And that crow, that damn stupid crow, tore it down. She forced our curse back upon us, she took away what everyone had there. Why? Because she couldn't live without power. She's the enemy of all satori, whether you've forgiven her or not. Every time you look toward that awful city and wince at just imagining the weight of all the thoughts there, every time you miss the sun on your shoulders, every time you think of the friends you've lost, you know in your heart is was she who tore them from you. And how has the world improved for it, sis? What did it get back in exchange for cursing us anew?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2011, 01:17:33 AM »
Okay, just what are you trying to do here, Purvis?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2011, 02:18:12 AM »
Stay in character. Koishi has no reason whatsoever to concede anything at all. Especially when she's fully convinced that Satori isn't being fully honest for her own reasons.