Author Topic: Sound recording issue  (Read 1139 times)

Sound recording issue
« on: May 05, 2011, 03:17:17 AM »
This is a problem I've been having for a while, but I'd like to try to get it fixed.

Earlier vids had the sound record just fine. But now, sound is being recorded at a much lower volume for some reason and viewers have to turn the volume up a lot just to hear the sound in videos. This has been affecting all my Touhou vids. Not sure if it would affect other games and stuff yet since I don't think I've even tried them from the time this started.

Don't remember if this started sometime before or after I ran a recovery on this computer once, but I've been having the issue regardless. I don't recall changing any of the settings to something different, but it's not something I can rule out. Though I'm certain that after the recovery, I changed the settings to the exact same settings I used before.

I've been using Fraps to record vids.

I'll answer questions as needed if I know something about it. It is late here though, so I might not be able to answer them till tomorrow possibly.

This may not affect my  recording and uploading, but I'd still like to get this thing fixed.

Momiji

• Cya
Re: Sound recording issue
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 06:59:33 AM »
I'm not too familiar with it, but were you somehow doing some sort've sound nomalization with your screen captures before, and in the process of the recovery the settings were defaulted off?  You may also want to check your recording mixer settings.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 11:20:21 AM »
Also, your system volume might be affecting the recording volume - I know it does on my computer, I have to increase the volume every time I want to record something from Stereo Mix.

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 02:12:35 PM »
Just tried these. Didn't work. Volume's still recording low. Also tried BWR and a little bit of Portal 2(which seemed to lag while recording, but I'm not sure if that's a 60 FPS or 30 FPS game). Portal 2's sound worked fine. And BWR either recorded just as low as Touhou or a little better.