Author Topic: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Touhou Ten Desires [TRIAL], an article full of desires and SPOILERS!  (Read 274406 times)

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
Fanarts are starting to pop up on deviantart.

http://fav.me/d3e2dxv

http://fav.me/d3e284o
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Sanae, too  :3
It all makes sense now, He's a super lolicon.
Guys, am I good at figuring things out or what?

Back on topic though, Finally got 10D, The music is sheer eargasm, It's actually easy for me to play, and Sanae's my favorite character to play as. God I love spread-types.

also fanarts been around for 4 hours on booru.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:27:02 PM by Kips McKipzerson »

I will also ask... does Kogasa have a spell card on Hard or Lunatic? Cause she has none on Normal, which is a bit of a shame.

She does.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
Replay function doesn't work? When I play a replay it simply won't replay and I have to play myself.

Also, am I really the only person who notices this? Picking up this life part in stage 1 doesn't add a life part. I can reproduce this every single time and think this happens on more locations than this one

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Kimchii

• Perfect Freeze

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Replays work fine here.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
Fanarts are starting to pop up on deviantart.

Yeah, the 'wow, that was fast' pool on Danbooru is getting a number of pictures flung in there too; not surprised really.

And thank you for that, Koa. Since I cleared Normal only losing 1 life, I might as well try Hard.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
http://keine-keine.deviantart.com/#/d3e284o
more touhou 13 deviantart fan art :V

Sorry, I ninja'd you to that one.  :V

...okay, just because I can 1CC Normal mode without much trouble apparently doesn't mean that I'm ready for Hard mode yet. Seems like I need to learn get better at bombing before I got hit instead of after. :V

Also, am I really the only person who notices this? Picking up this life part in stage 1 doesn't add a life part. I can reproduce this every single time and think this happens on more locations than this one
Look at the counter below the life meter, and you'll notice it has changed from 0/10 to 1/10. Also, no problems with replays here, though I can't seem to get the changes I make in custom.exe to apply to the game for whatever reason; anyone else encountered this glitch?

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
=DD Must. Try. Downloading now...

Sampson

• Magical Pudding Sage
  • Fulfilling flan fantasies everywhere!
I think ZUN the difficulty of getting lives into account and made Normal easier because of it

So I guess 10D is the opposite of UFO.  You get hardly any extends, but you aren't running from an ungodly magnitude of bullets all the time. :P

Kogasa's spellcard on Hard/Lunatic is a more colorful version of Byakuren's first card.

And it's actually always doable unlike UFO's usual ridiculous random wallcrap usually with the very rare handed to you capture. This one's just easy.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:38:00 PM by Chaotic Phoenixma »

Youmu's weird.  The hit range on her charged shot is short vertically but surprisingly wide.  Her normal shot isn't anything spectacular.  She could be the most powerful if you can use her right - but it requires staying fairly close to bosses (you can't hit them from the bottom).  It doesn't start charging until the old slash finishes, so to get the most damage, you actually need to fire regularly for a moment after starting each slash.  Bomb is awesome-looking.

Also note that in trance she's just constantly slashing, which is pretty awesome.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
...okay, just because I can 1CC Normal mode without much trouble apparently doesn't mean that I'm ready for Hard mode yet. Seems like I need to learn get better at bombing before I got hit instead of after. :V
Look at the counter below the life meter, and you'll notice it has changed from 0/10 to 1/10. Also, no problems with replays here, though I can't seem to get the changes I make in custom.exe to apply to the game for whatever reason; anyone else encountered this glitch?
10 life parts for 1 life? Am I a retard (probably) or does that mean no obtainable lives in the demo? Cause I have definetely not seen so many life parts. Maybe the size of the orbs matter, since they shrink over time. Altough I picked up this life part as quick as I could...

Marin The Magus

• The magician of dimensional dreams
  • Energetic Satorin~ Shougorori~
It all makes sense now, He's a super lolicon.
KONO RORIKON DOMOMEEEEEE

10 life parts for 1 life? Am I a retard (probably) or does that mean no obtainable lives in the demo? Cause I have definetely not seen so many life parts. Maybe the size of the orbs matter, since they shrink over time. Altough I picked up this life part as quick as I could...
I think that there's a total of 13 life parts you can get in the demo; at least that's the maximum amount I have ended with on Normal mode. Some are dropped by big fairies during the stage portions, but most seem to be dropped after boss spellcards.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Also, no problems with replays here, though I can't seem to get the changes I make in custom.exe to apply to the game for whatever reason; anyone else encountered this glitch?

I can't get custom.exe to open, which is the same problem I had in UFO. However, it's fun to play windowed - sort of balances out the difficulty.

Also note that in trance she's just constantly slashing, which is pretty awesome.

I just finished trying Youmu, and I agree she's tricky. Once you get to 3.0, though, you can pretty much just strafe back and forth unfocused and wipe out anything. Trance is also a huge payoff in that constant slashing - does a lot of damage from up close.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

CK Crash

• boozer
I'm personally enjoying the divine spirits more than I did the UFOs. However, it looks like playing for score will involve playing near the PoC for 90% of the game, unless there's some other method to increasing the Trance meter that I'm unaware of. Youmu is also pretty awesome for the easier difficulties, but being unable to shoot while focused will be ridiculous during the late-game denser spells.

ALSO MUSIC I LIKE HOW IT CHANGES DURING TRANCE AND ALL THE SONGS ARE AWESOME EXCEPT FOR STAGE 3 BUT IT BECOMES AWESOME DURING TRANCE SO THAT'S OKAY

Kimchii

• Perfect Freeze
Sorry, I ninja'd you to that one.  :V
Oops, didn't see that one in your post  :derp:
http://ninamo-chan.deviantart.com/art/Kyouko-sketch-205003850
http://kurai-raven.deviantart.com/#/d3e1u3m
Miyako works at McDonalds now. She is competing with Orin, who currently owns Wendy's.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Nah, you can get lives in the demo.  I think there are some bonus enemies in the latter part of Stage 2 that drop life shards if you kill the bomb shard giving ones fast enough.  That, and of course you get shards for capping spells except final spells, unless it was only some of them and I just didn't pay enough attention... 

Also, Trance mode.  Remember, once you've got a full 3-point meter, you can press C to manually enter it and if you do so when the life shards are up, you can grab em for 2x the shards while being invincible and blasting everything to bits.  =)
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
She is competing with Orin, who currently owns Wendy's.

I laughed more than I should.

Kimchii

• Perfect Freeze
ALSO MUSIC I LIKE HOW IT CHANGES DURING TRANCE AND ALL THE SONGS ARE AWESOME EXCEPT FOR STAGE 3 BUT IT BECOMES AWESOME DURING TRANCE SO THAT'S OKAY

When I first went into trance mode I thought that I was high or something. The music got slower and yeahhhh

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
When I first went into trance mode I thought that I was high or something. The music got slower and yeahhhh

Maybe them spirits make you high?  :derp:

Cup

Kyouko. quickly won her way into my top  favorites. She's an echo for crying out load! That's just neat.

Plus her danmaku is amazingly fun. The most creative boss gimmick I've seen in a while.

あさらぎシジェ

• MS Paint Lasers incoming!
  • Surprisingly different
    • [あさらぎ Works]
Oh yeah,
AND THERE'S NO GRAVESTONE DANMAKU. THANK YOU GOD.

Edit: Damn you post warning. :(
Oh, by the way. I've found some new tea.

everfeather

• Patron saint of ferrets
I'm personally enjoying the divine spirits more than I did the UFOs. However, it looks like playing for score will involve playing near the PoC for 90% of the game, unless there's some other method to increasing the Trance meter that I'm unaware of. Youmu is also pretty awesome for the easier difficulties, but being unable to shoot while focused will be ridiculous during the late-game denser spells.

yeah, i'm attempting score runs as well (even though i'm not great) on normal. Even with memorizing the stage. You have to shoot unfocused, while grazing the boss, and staying at the PoC all through the entire stage. This get's VERY difficult with the advent of so much randomness in lots of the stage (especially with the random appearing ying yangs and various other things).

Additionally the current implementation of the manual trance seems odd to me. The first time I can get it up seems to be right before yuyuko. So it would make sense to pop it and grab the bomb and life pieces at 2x value. However doing this right before a spellcard sets you up to fail the bonus. This seems extremely counter intuitive.

additionally something to note, at a certain point during the demo I was at 0/15 heart pieces.... : / not sure I like where this is going; however, the system has huge potential imo.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 11:04:00 PM by everfeather »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
After I finally convinced my computer to behave and not automatically delete the .exe thinking (erroneously, of course) it was infected, I can put all of today's anxiety toward waiting for the trial to good use. Lunatic Mode, straight away! Go!

Okay, so I didn't 1cc it on my first try, but I did get to the Stage 3 Boss. Also of note is that I perfected (a.k.a. NDNBNT) Stage 1 on said first try. Granted, the No Trance bit was more because I'm still wrapping my head around how to keep track of it. And am I reading this right, is there really an auto-Trance feature when you get killed? Amidst all the divine spirits, you suddenly become a "vengeful" one upon death. :V

I still need to 1cc the trial before I can completely judge it, but so far I'm quite impressed. Lunatic Mode still feels challenging, despite what ZUN claims about the difficulty. And let's not forget this is only the first half of the game - wait until we see how hard the final boss becomes, I'm calling this one right here. I'm also glad that the spirit mechanic isn't quite like the UFOs that some here may have hoped for (you know who you are). Similar in that you have to go up the screen to get them, but that's all they share. And once again ZUN composed some great pieces of music. Now if only I knew enough Japanese, I'd help out with the translations too.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
Thanks for the clarification. 1 Life in 3 stages is kinda harsh, but I guess it will work out.

The title theme is actually the best theme this time :3

That and Yuyuko's new theme are my favourites so far
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 11:16:02 PM by Suikama »

Until we get to hear the remixed Corpse Voyage Be Of Good Cheer in the full version.

Orin will be in the game. And I'll be annoyed if she isn't.