Author Topic: Parsee Quest (Part 5)  (Read 69275 times)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Parsee Quest (Part 5)
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2011, 06:28:58 PM »
>"So apparently that seal's off, according to Patchouli (or that Librarian if we don't know her name). This is pretty bad, isn't it?"

> 'If that's the case, then it's no wonder she hasn't started another incident.'

>"I've been pondering the idea of sending her against Konngara."

> 'Well, if that would keep Lumia from trying anything...'

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2011, 06:31:17 PM »
>"You think Reimu could take her? And...hey, who are these Youkai Sages, anyways?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2011, 06:42:41 PM »
>"You think Reimu could take her? And...hey, who are these Youkai Sages, anyways?"

> 'If she was quick enough to not get eaten, she could take her.'
> 'The Youkai Sages are a group of extremely powerful youkai and magicians.  While Yukari-sama deals with business both in and out, the Youkai Sages deal with conflicts that occur within Gensokyo itself.  They come and go and get involved as they please; Yukari-sama is the only one to have ever seen them in person, as they usually send out representatives, avatars, or familiars.  I believe the last time they were involved in anything it was the the oni went underground.'

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2011, 06:47:23 PM »
>"Huh. Kinda surprising they're letting Kikuri and Lumia run around like they are. Are they not that powerful on their own,or under vows or something?"
>What time is it? And how tired are we?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #244 on: February 27, 2011, 06:52:30 PM »
>"Huh. Kinda surprising they're letting Kikuri and Lumia run around like they are. Are they not that powerful on their own,or under vows or something?"
>What time is it? And how tired are we?

> 'They don't deal with Gensokyo exclusively, I forgot to mention.  I believe they act on their own.'
> You're not sure what time it is, probably night by now.  You're tired.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2011, 07:03:33 PM »
>Aren't we outside, talking to Ran? Should be easy to discern night, at least.
>"So, back to Lumia. I'm thinking, maybe we can get her on our side. She the kind of person who'd go for that, or is she more likely to make us have to knock her on her ass first? I think I have an angle that can work. She knows about oni, right? Like, the basics?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2011, 07:07:11 PM »
>Aren't we outside, talking to Ran? Should be easy to discern night, at least.
>"So, back to Lumia. I'm thinking, maybe we can get her on our side. She the kind of person who'd go for that, or is she more likely to make us have to knock her on her ass first? I think I have an angle that can work. She knows about oni, right? Like, the basics?"

> Yes, you are, but Kikuri being in the sky and blocking out the light makes it impossible to accurately tell the time of day.
> 'She's the kind of person who wouldn't care if Gensokyo went up in flames.  You'd have to give her a very good reason for her to do anything for you.  She's old enough; she probably does know about oni.'

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #247 on: February 27, 2011, 07:09:37 PM »
>"Well, I think Yukari gave us an out, then. See, there's no way she doesn't know about the Red White. And, she's an oni now. She was bad enough before, when she was just a human. Now? Well...I sure as hell don't want to be on her bad side. Do you? You think Lumia would? Because from what it sounds like, she has a whole lot of making up to do to get off her bad side. Think she's smart enough to listen to that?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #248 on: February 27, 2011, 07:24:05 PM »
>"Well, I think Yukari gave us an out, then. See, there's no way she doesn't know about the Red White. And, she's an oni now. She was bad enough before, when she was just a human. Now? Well...I sure as hell don't want to be on her bad side. Do you? You think Lumia would? Because from what it sounds like, she has a whole lot of making up to do to get off her bad side. Think she's smart enough to listen to that?"

> 'She's smart enough, all right.  She won't get off with just being sealed again after this point, and she knows it.  Lumia may be strong but even she has her weaknesses.'

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #249 on: February 27, 2011, 07:27:58 PM »
>"You think she's smart enough to cooperate? Or, do you think she's going to stab us in the back, even if we take the obvious precautions. Because I intend to tell a few other people about this plan, and make sure she knows it. So if any of us don't come back, she's in deep trouble."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #250 on: February 27, 2011, 07:34:17 PM »
>"You think she's smart enough to cooperate? Or, do you think she's going to stab us in the back, even if we take the obvious precautions. Because I intend to tell a few other people about this plan, and make sure she knows it. So if any of us don't come back, she's in deep trouble."

> 'She'd be smart enough to cooperate to keep herself alive, but she'd backstab you as soon as the danger passed.'

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #251 on: February 27, 2011, 07:36:16 PM »
>Nod.
>"Maybe it'd just be safer to beat the crap out of her first. That'd probably have the side effect of getting her to knock it off, too."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #252 on: February 27, 2011, 07:46:11 PM »
>Nod.
>"Maybe it'd just be safer to beat the crap out of her first. That'd probably have the side effect of getting her to knock it off, too."

> 'Be careful.  In sealed form she was extremely sensitive to light, but not as much now.  She thrives in dark places, so try leading her out into the open where she can't hide as easily.'

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2011, 07:57:45 PM »
>"As long as you have my back, I should be alright."
>Consider the bottle of spring for a moment.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2011, 07:59:25 PM »
>"As long as you have my back, I should be alright."
>Consider the bottle of spring for a moment.

> 'Thank you.'
> You think about the bottle of spring.  It's not exactly light, but...

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2011, 08:00:56 PM »
>"Was she fast?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2011, 08:10:55 PM »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2011, 08:35:24 PM »
>"Well, I guess it'll be risky. But maybe that librarian can help. Yeah, I think this'll be what I do tomorrow, if nothing else comes up."
>Presuming Ran has nothing to add, go into proper smalltalk; hell, we can talk about bridges all night if we have to, until it is time to retire. Should sleepiness get to us before we can really work up the will to get to bed, Ran will do.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2011, 09:23:45 PM »
>"Well, I guess it'll be risky. But maybe that librarian can help. Yeah, I think this'll be what I do tomorrow, if nothing else comes up."
>Presuming Ran has nothing to add, go into proper smalltalk; hell, we can talk about bridges all night if we have to, until it is time to retire. Should sleepiness get to us before we can really work up the will to get to bed, Ran will do.

> You figure that Patchy can help you.  If nothing comes up, you'll be heading back to the SDM tomorrow.
> Ran has nothing else to add, so you engage in smalltalk with her.  After a long conversation about bridges, you find yourself too sleep to continue and doze off before you can head into the house.
> You have another dream.  The fluffy-winged girl is laughing and setting fire to the Forest of Magic and then the maid girl stumbles out covered in ash and soot and holding Mokou, who is bloodied and not breathing.  You're run away but then you find yourself on top of Youkai Mountain except there's nothing but Suwakos and thousands of those creepy hats she wears and they're all drooling and an onabashira slams into your back and you're sent falling down the mountain like a broken doll, and then you're caught by Flandre who crushes you into little pieces and then you're Kogasa's umbrella which is out in a barren wasteland and has been snapped in half like a twig; Sanae is crying shards of stained glass and saying how she's going to exterminate every youkai she finds and then you're in the Ancient City but it's abandoned and destroyed and then a gap opens and you're sent plunging into an abysswheretherearenothingbuteyes
> Did you fall asleep outside?  You feel a cold draft, but you're warm.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #259 on: February 27, 2011, 09:30:04 PM »
>Small Eep of surprise.
>Try to gain bearings.
>Shiver.
>Stare ahead wide-eyed.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #260 on: February 27, 2011, 09:38:28 PM »
>Small Eep of surprise.
>Try to gain bearings.
>Shiver.
>Stare ahead wide-eyed.

> Eep!
> You shiver and try to keep yourself calm.
> Even though you feel warm, you're freezing at the same time.  You keep shivering.
> It's still as dark out as ever, and there's a cold wind blowing.  There's even some snow falling.  You're asleep on Ran's tails right now, and it feels like someone has draped a blanket over you.
> Ran is still asleep.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #261 on: February 27, 2011, 09:44:20 PM »
>Check for actual blanketness.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #262 on: February 27, 2011, 09:48:57 PM »
>Check for actual blanketness.

> There really is a blanket.  You don't remember taking one outside with you when you went to give Ran the tofu.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #263 on: February 27, 2011, 09:55:50 PM »
>Do we have it on properly?
>How rested do we feel?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #264 on: February 27, 2011, 10:00:19 PM »
>Do we have it on properly?
>How rested do we feel?

> Yes.
> You feel nice and rested, but that dream left you feeling shaky.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #265 on: February 27, 2011, 10:14:05 PM »
>Stare at the sky a bit. Try to calm down. Take some solace in sleep snuggles with Ran.
>Ponder why the hell there's a winged person who keeps showing up in our dreams.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #266 on: February 27, 2011, 10:23:54 PM »
>Stare at the sky a bit. Try to calm down. Take some solace in sleep snuggles with Ran.
>Ponder why the hell there's a winged person who keeps showing up in our dreams.

> You stare at the sky and try to calm yourself by snuggling into one of Ran's tails.
> The sky actually looks pretty when it's snowing like that.
> That winged girl has been showing up in all of your dreams lately.  Why?

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #267 on: February 27, 2011, 10:29:54 PM »
>Do we have any artistic skill? Could we get away with drawing that?
>Does Ran seem cold?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #268 on: February 27, 2011, 10:33:48 PM »
>Do we have any artistic skill? Could we get away with drawing that?
>Does Ran seem cold?

> You're good at drawing, but not the best.
> No.  You don't think she'd be anyway, with fur like that.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #269 on: February 27, 2011, 10:44:44 PM »
>Make a mental note to ask later. Maybe we can find a tent or something.
>Gather up the blanket, try to extract self from Ran without waking her
>Head inside. And close that window.
>Ascertain where Chen is, so we don't wake her, then have a look around the house.