Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 147673 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #750 on: June 18, 2011, 12:21:33 PM »
No, sir. I started with 3 lives.

Nice! I like that.

« Reply #751 on: June 18, 2011, 10:47:54 PM »
Attempted Lunatic VoWG and found that I have improved a lot. I seem to find the gaps between amulets much easier now, and I might have a good chance of capturing it if I use ReimuB. 2DNB is my best using ReimuA. My biggest problem seem to be reading ahead, it's always unexpected walls that gets me, not mistakes in movement. I keep getting hit at least once during her opener, but everything else Kanako got is not that bad for me now.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #752 on: June 18, 2011, 10:59:55 PM »
It was always mistakes in dodging that got me when I did the timeout.

But I barely play the card now, so I make mistakes with movement and reading often nowadays.

mikeKOSA

« Reply #753 on: June 19, 2011, 12:37:52 AM »
MoF Lunatic No Focus 1cc

Cleared with 3 lives left. No one attempted this yet? Maybe because it's too easy.

« Reply #754 on: June 19, 2011, 12:49:01 AM »
I tried it before and game overed on Kanako's final nonspell. Wasn't able to get a decent run again. It is very doable though, but almost everything becomes autobomb.

« Reply #756 on: June 19, 2011, 01:05:57 PM »
made a rusty attempt on pcb with more border manipulation and graze whoring, came out with 2 lives 3 bombs due to lack of concentration, compared to my highscore with 5 lives 0 bombs. the run i just did was 40mil away from my highscore, could surpass my score with more lives. but anyway nice accomplishment for a rusty run.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #757 on: June 19, 2011, 06:21:34 PM »
IN Stage 4A Lunatic 1DNB run.

That death was on Reimu's Last Spell, so all of the normal parts of the stage were perfected. I think that's a good enough accomplishment for now, though I'll have to see if that Last Spell is completely memorizeable (I've always had the sneaking suspicion it wasn't entirely).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #758 on: June 19, 2011, 10:59:31 PM »
IN Lunatic No Focus 2cc.

hey, it's a start. I got to Tewi on my first credit, but 0/0 No Focus Tewi wasn't happening for me. Screw you stage 4, and to a lesser extent Stage 2 and 3.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #759 on: June 20, 2011, 12:50:59 AM »
SA Extra Clear.

First clears feel so exhausting, both mentally and physically.

EDIT: Oh and I just noticed, don't mind the beginning part. I was just trying something new and it apparently didn't work, but I got past it with no death anyways (just a loss in power) so I decided to suck it up. I know how to do that part properly.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 01:00:30 AM by RegalStar »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #760 on: June 20, 2011, 01:14:03 AM »
I got to Danmaku Chimaera at 90FPS.

My god UFO Extra is so fun this way. Using ReimuB for her bomb damage. You just have to watch my (failed) run and try it...

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #761 on: June 20, 2011, 03:58:21 AM »
Two more Last Words captured!

Heaven Spider's Butterfly-Capturing Web
Ancient Duper

Both of these took me less than 10 tries to capture.

So far, that's 7 8 Last Words captured. Out of 10 I have unlocked so far. (Gotta work on Wriggle's, Keine's, and Kaguya's as well as unlocking the rest)

EDIT: Took me 84 attempts tonight (114 total) but I FINALLY CAPTURED TREE-OCEAN OF HOURAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm tired
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:47:14 AM by Railtori Komeiji »

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #762 on: June 20, 2011, 12:46:22 PM »
Since I like playing IN so much despite it mostly being easy,

IN Lunatic No Focus 1cc

The run is completely bad though.

« Reply #763 on: June 20, 2011, 10:46:26 PM »
FINALLY BEAT THE POFV LUNATIC MATCH MODE AI
Although it was Reimu vs. Yuka so I kind of feel that's like using Aya for Story Mode but whatever :V

(also Gensokyo.org isn't letting me upload this so I had to attach it here :/)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 10:57:29 PM by Sen »

« Reply #764 on: June 21, 2011, 12:49:57 AM »
I played myself a run of UFO Extra with MarisaB. It wasn't difficult but I found something awesome. MarisaB is actually quite competent at Unidentified Darkness. Turns out there is one thing she is good for.

She did turn the Red UFO card into a timeout adventure though. Well, I beat it but it didn't have much time left. I guess there might be another way but it would be fun to time it out one day. Even if it would be really easy to do.

« Reply #765 on: June 21, 2011, 11:12:29 PM »
Cleared EoSD Normal with Marisa A! Only Reimu B to go and I'll have all the characters unlocked for the extra =D

After screwing up so badly on Cirno (death on her first non spell, bomb on her second spell card) I thought I was dead for sure but I did a lot better than I expected on stages 4, 5 and 6 (maybe a little rusty on Patchy) and that got me the 1cc. I'm mainly focusing on unlocking the extra with all four characters right now, but after that I'm going to try and 1cc the game with default lives.

I think I'm in love with Marisa A. Because of her power I managed to capture Silent Selene AND Royal Flare in the same playthrough, getting to Flan with 3 lives and 3 bombs. Unfortunately things went really sour from there. 

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #766 on: June 22, 2011, 12:24:45 AM »
I think I'm in love with Marisa A. Because of her power I managed to capture Silent Selene AND Royal Flare in the same playthrough, getting to Flan with 3 lives and 3 bombs. Unfortunately things went really sour from there.

:D Just don't complain about her movement speed~

Replay?

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #767 on: June 22, 2011, 01:25:10 AM »
Would this be considered an accomplishment of some sort?

Entering MoF Stage 6 on my last life, score was high enough that I couldn't get any more extra lives. Lost that life on VoWG Hard

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #768 on: June 22, 2011, 10:09:26 AM »
I pretty much cleared Fantasy heaven with solo Marisa.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=14408

« Reply #769 on: June 22, 2011, 08:22:14 PM »
Cleared PCB on hard with 1bil+ score!!! i'm sure happy about this run and a few.

« Reply #770 on: June 22, 2011, 11:32:31 PM »
:D Just don't complain about her movement speed~

Replay?

I didn't save a replay of that particular run (and I need to learn how to upload them to the site anyway) but I'll try and get a better one up soon. I unlocked Reimu B's extra just today and also FINALLY got past Catadioptric, although I was so jumpy knowing that Counter Clock was coming next that I died to her easiest nonspell >>. I knew I'd have trouble jinxing.

On a related note, died a bomb-less death on Maze of Love...and that was it. That's the best I've done so far on that card.

« Reply #771 on: June 23, 2011, 06:19:52 AM »
Another of those partial fail partial accomplishment posts.  Wanted to make a better SA hard run, but it turned out to be a total flop (rammed sideways into Orin's bullets on her first nonspell twice for a gameover, among other things).  But I perfected stage 3's stage portion (including midboss) so that was cool :V

EDIT: Gave MoF Hard another runthrough because I haven't tried it since I first 1cc'd.  We'll just say my first 1cc was so bad that this run here almost doubled the score (325M-->610M).  I'm really pleased with this one though.  No death until a clipdeath on Aya spell 2, I think there was 1-2 deaths on Sanae and one on Kanako (second last spell, was at 0 power).  Also capped VoWG again, making it my second cap, my second consecutive cap, and my first cap outside of stage practice :3.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 04:13:38 PM by Stage 1 Fairy »

« Reply #772 on: June 23, 2011, 05:26:53 PM »
Second victory over Lunatic Match Mode: Cirno vs. Sakuya.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #773 on: June 24, 2011, 07:58:50 AM »
Out of nowhere. An EoSD MarisaA hard 1cc. First try today and I got it, with nothing left either. I've not been playing this game for some time and did that. I need to play lunatic on that game more often now. :V
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #774 on: June 24, 2011, 08:55:19 AM »
th06 Hard Mode all character and shot type clear.
FFTing Reimila.
Signature

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #775 on: June 24, 2011, 08:35:25 PM »
Gave Koishi a run at 60FPS today. I captured Genetics and Rorschach and Subterranean Rose and everything.
The only things stopping me from perfecting that run were the GODDAMN NONSPELLS DIE IN A FIRE.

« Reply #776 on: June 24, 2011, 10:56:49 PM »
EoSD Extra Marisa A, "Four of a Kind" capture. Thought the run was going to be really good, but then I ran into Flan because my left key wasn't working again. >> This computer's left key is weird; it only works if you press it further on the outside, aka away from the down key. Sometimes it doesn't respond and kills me. This was one of these times.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #777 on: June 26, 2011, 05:37:35 AM »

The last frontier.

« Reply #778 on: June 26, 2011, 11:10:25 PM »
Captured Four of a Kind again today. Almost captured Catadioptric, but only because I was concentrating really, really hard.

« Reply #779 on: June 27, 2011, 12:44:24 AM »
17/17 Last Words captured got the last 2 today (Reimu's & Yukari's)

Youtube

now to try timing a few of them out lol should be fun