Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 147410 times)

ark

• みょん
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #960 on: July 22, 2011, 11:01:55 PM »
SA Lunatic no bombs 1cc (ReimuA)!

Contains a NDNB stage 4.

awesome

« Reply #961 on: July 23, 2011, 01:04:21 AM »
Finally did it!

After getting hit by Chen a THIRD time, I finally did it! Entering that blasted card with 4 bombs in stock...and then getting hit again. Dear Kanako, until I saw the (rare for me) successful deathbomb, I thought my heart was going to stop.

But I did it! SQUEEEEEEEEE! :*

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #962 on: July 23, 2011, 02:20:33 AM »
EoSD Hard 1cc Default lives. These bosses are loleasy compared to their lunatic counterparts. I mean, 1 death Patchy? Seriously.

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #963 on: July 23, 2011, 03:43:26 AM »
Woohoo! 1cced PCB on Hard (for the first time) with 4 lives 3 bombs to spare. I'm surprised I didn't do this earlier.

Replay here:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=14858

Though I can't BELIEVE that I died to Yuyuko's 4th nonspell (also for the first time).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 04:25:40 AM by Ozzy »

« Reply #964 on: July 23, 2011, 12:03:49 PM »
Catadioptric capture. Was pretty happy about that, although I died to the nonspell afterwards which was stupid.

« Reply #965 on: July 23, 2011, 12:38:28 PM »
Well. Finally got myself a decent fight against Stage 5 and Stage 4 of SA.
I also watched Heartbeams run of SA and his failures consoled me a bit. Its exactly the same failures I made. That means I haven't turned ungodly bad suddenly!  :)

« Reply #966 on: July 23, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
YES!! Finally!! After a lot of practice, frustration, rage, and far too many posts in the spell card help topic, I've finally pulled off my first proper 1cc of a Touhou game, Imperishable Night normal with Netherworld Team. (I say first proper 1cc becasue I did manage a 1cc of EoSD Easy with ReimuA, but I don't count that since I had max starting lives. I think I have a replay of it somewhere...)

Replay here: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=14862

Best run I'd had up until Stage 5 (only lost 1 life to Marisa, and that was Earth Light Ray, again). Lost a bunch of lives to Reisen though. I invariably mess up Visionary Tuning by misjudging where the gaps are going to be, or trying to move too far to a gap and the bullets phase back in on top of me. Idling Wave was my own stupidity, trying to pre-judge when the bullets would phase out and moving down too early. Invisible Full Moon is another one I keep misjudging, either the trajectory of the blue bullets, or the speed of the expanding circle of bullets. Wasn't overly confident going into Stage 6, as the run immediately before this one I went in with the same number of lives, and an extra bomb, though lost the extra life in the stage part. Got through the stage and Eirin unscathed, and the best battle I've had against Kaguya, in that I actually managed to beat her. I still absolutely hate Hourai Barrage -Rainbow Danmaku-, and didn't manage to survive most of Kaguya's Last Spells to tell whether I suck at those or not. Still, it's a 1cc, so I shouldn't be complaining!

Next target is to 1cc IN with the rest of the teams, and then probably Extra, which I suspect I'll regret very fast. After that, back to my original idea of 1cc'ing the games in order, so back to EoSD, and Sakuya's blasted knives.

J.O.B

« Reply #967 on: July 24, 2011, 09:23:57 AM »
I've decided to go for Lunatics now. Which one do you guys suggest I should go for (except MoF and UFO and preferably not IN)?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:26:14 AM by J.O.B »

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #968 on: July 24, 2011, 10:20:36 AM »
Why not IN? I'd say it's perfectly suited since you get a lot of ressources. Furthermore, you've got Spell Practice, which really helps since the final spellcards of the Stage 6 bosses tend to be somewhat tough, assuming you don't have an awful lot of bombs.

Either way, since you don't want to play MoF either (would also be a good choice), PCB would be your best bet I think. Quite a bit harder than IN, but you get a lot of Extra Lives and borders. If you cancel borders, it should be managable with adequate amounts of practice.

J.O.B

« Reply #969 on: July 24, 2011, 10:38:46 AM »
Not IN because IN is a bit boring for me.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #970 on: July 24, 2011, 11:53:40 AM »
Haha, I see, that's a pity. Since that leaves you with (not including PoFV, but the randomness in that game should allow you to greatly improve) EoSD, PCB and SA, I'd definitely go for PCB.

EoSD is just plain unforgiving when it comes to mistakes, so it's rather tough.

SA, on the other hand, still uses a bombing-system that allows you to be quite careful, but it would be somewhat overwhelming I think.

PCB gives you a lot of room for mistakes since you get more Extra Lives than in any other game on top of a free Bomb with every border, so I'd definitely go for it first.

Generally, IN would be the best choice, but the first Lunatic clear is a bit of a challenge, so you're going to need a bit of a motivation. A boring game wouldn't really do the trick there, I think.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:55:39 PM by Lepetit89 »

J.O.B

« Reply #971 on: July 24, 2011, 12:12:01 PM »
The stages I normally get to when trying for a 1cc are:
EoSD:4
PCB:4
IN:5/6
MoF:4
SA:5
UFO:2/3

So currently I think SA is my best bet. Especially after I died to Chen's midboss card twice.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #972 on: July 24, 2011, 12:26:02 PM »
Haha, probably just a freak occurence with Chen, but if you're that far already, SA is probably your best bet. Thought it might be too overwhelming, but all I've seen so far are the first 10 seconds, so nevermind that. Probably similiar to MoF.

J.O.B

« Reply #973 on: July 24, 2011, 12:30:34 PM »
Yeah, it was a freak occurence. I can do so much better than that. I think for SA I probably need to practice stage 5 and a bit of stage 4 and 6 then I'll be ready to go.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #974 on: July 24, 2011, 01:13:12 PM »
PCB Stage 4 takes some getting used to, but most of the stuff before the Prismrivers can be learned. Some enemies that shoot suicide bullets give easier patterns if you don't shoot them instead, which can lighten the load. Outside of that, practice Stages 2 and 3 so you know what's coming, and plan out where you might want to use bombs/borders.

You got that far in SA, huh? Impressive. While the game is a bit more strict when it comes to bombs, using them wisely makes them all the more powerful. Since you got Stage 4 open already, grind the hell out of Satori. A decent survival run on her really goes a long way toward getting through Stage 5.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

J.O.B

« Reply #975 on: July 24, 2011, 01:43:01 PM »
I don't really find SA to be that hard. Especially considering my first hard 1cc had 4 lives left.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #976 on: July 24, 2011, 01:53:19 PM »
SA is somewhat weird. My first 1CC on Normal took me ages to clear, but when I actively went for it on Hard after not going through the stages for ages I got it on my first or second try.

Scared of it on Lunatic, nonetheless, even though I have yet to try.

« Reply #977 on: July 24, 2011, 04:22:34 PM »
SA is somewhat weird. My first 1CC on Normal took me ages to clear, but when I actively went for it on Hard after not going through the stages for ages I got it on my first or second try.

Scared of it on Lunatic, nonetheless, even though I have yet to try.

I had it exactly the same way with Normal and Hard. Maybe the first time you 1cc Normal is when you've finally learned how to bombspam, and that strategy is pretty much enough for Hard as well? With no-bomb runs the difficulty gap is much greater, I could maybe perfect Normal with some luck, but I get raped on Hard (0/xx or 1/xx on most spellcards starting from DBDB...)

About Lunatic: I have 186 records on Kisume's spellcard, but the furthest I've ever made it is Orin's second-to-last. The gap in difficulty is damn huge.

ChanceWolf

• This level of reasoning...
  • ...is possible for Furudo Erika.
« Reply #978 on: July 24, 2011, 05:30:19 PM »
FINALLY managed to 1cc UFO on normal. Now only MoF is left, but... Nue, here I come :matsuri2:

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #979 on: July 24, 2011, 05:36:10 PM »
Good grief, that doesn't sound particularly motivating, but let's see how it goes.
The good thing about Hard Mode was that there weren't too many things that could catch you off-guard until Stage 4, so gettint to Stage 5 with a lot of lives wasn't too great an issue. Of course, it went downhill after that, but that's why the over-abundance of ressources was helpful in the first place.

Edit: And congratulations to the wolf above.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 05:38:53 PM by Lepetit89 »

« Reply #980 on: July 24, 2011, 11:09:50 PM »
1DNBNBB run of PCB Stage 6.

Curse you Sumizome Perfect Blossom.

But still, that's my first time ever capturing Deadly Dance, so Malky is happy.  :3

J.O.B

« Reply #981 on: July 25, 2011, 06:10:06 AM »
Woo BoWaP Lunatic cap 0.00 power.
First cap too by the way.

« Reply #982 on: July 25, 2011, 12:48:37 PM »
Right, got a semi-fal, semi-achievement here.

So after having an absolutely terrible Sakuya A 1cc attempt at PCB Normal a few days ago (which resulted in A LOT of derpy deaths and game over at Yuyuko, in contrast to my first 1cc of PCB with Reimu A where I finished with 6 lives in stock), I decided to try again.

Panic-bomb at CHEN (WTF)
1st death at Foggy London Dolls
More stage 4 derpy deaths
Fudged up stage 5, 2 deaths on Gaki

Right, so I enter stage 6 with 1 life and 1 bomb. Planning to save the bomb for ageless obsession, I don't bomb the beginning spam part for points due to lack of border (I kinda try to POC as much as possible in all my runs). Bam, life gone at the spam part, but at least I gain an extra life. Bombing Ageless obsession, I proceed to Yuyuko with 1 life and 4 bombs. Which isn't so bad, if I didn't die at Yuyuko's OPENER, losing four of those bombs. I proceed to use two bombs at Mortality, then another on the next nonspell due to stupidly getting trapped. One bomb left, I gotta get the next two captured. But I fail again and panic-bomb Swallowtail Butterfly.

Then I capture Repository of Hirokawa, AND Sumizome Perfect Blossom (for the 2nd or 3rd time ever). Finally I derp at bit at Resurrection butterfly but get saved twice from borders, ending the game with 0 lives and 0 bombs for my third PCB 1cc.

I really don't know if I'm getting worse or can't get used to Sakuya speed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:06:52 PM by GuppyForce »

« Reply #983 on: July 25, 2011, 06:36:30 PM »
SA Lunatic 1cc! This took some sweat and tears. I think I would've started going bald if I died on Subterranean Sun.

The replay is corrupt, at least when watching only stage 6. It shows me running straight into bullets at the first nonspell. Perhaps it's because I paused to stop my hands from shaking?

EDIT: Alright thanks for the info. When in doubt, bomb. Also, death on stage 6 score crows.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:51:47 PM by Vanhaomena69 »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #984 on: July 25, 2011, 07:24:05 PM »
No no, that's expected. Full-game replays always desync at Utsuho if you start playing the replay from Stage 6. You can get around this problem by instead starting from Stage 5 and letting it run normally (i.e. don't fast-forward or anything). Don't worry about it, go ahead and post a link to the replay here. And congrats dude.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #985 on: July 26, 2011, 07:23:34 PM »
I guess pulling off a 1cc on a plane while going through turbulence counts? xD

In all seriousness, I think I might just be getting marginally better at Yuyuko. Marginally. I lost 3 lives which is a lot better than I normally do. Still need to figure out her second card though.

ChanceWolf

• This level of reasoning...
  • ...is possible for Furudo Erika.
« Reply #986 on: July 27, 2011, 05:09:05 PM »
How insanely easy is MoF normal compared to UFO normal? It took quite a time to 1cc UFO normal, but now I tried MoF once and did it in the first try... Well, Extra time BV

« Reply #987 on: July 27, 2011, 06:17:44 PM »
Hey, I think I actually am getting better at Yuyuko. Marisa B 1cc! I got past stage 5 with 3 lives remaining and thought "Holy crap, Yuyuko's going to freaking murder me, I'm so screwed..." however I managed to beat the game by bombspamming until Ressurection Butterfly when I actually managed to pull off one of my better runs on the card. My Youmu fight, however, was horrible. I'm surprised I survived stage 6 after how much she owned me.
Now I have Extra unlocked with Sakuya A and Marisa B. Getting there, slowly. 

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #988 on: July 27, 2011, 06:21:58 PM »
EoSD Normal 1cc. I got nervous closer to the end and started bombspamming. also, death by spawning bullet on Red Magic. Replay.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:00:26 PM by スカーレットの兄弟-XephyrEnigma »
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #989 on: July 27, 2011, 07:27:13 PM »
Yessssssssssss! It's not a huge accomplishment, but I finally capped Double Black Death Butterfly on normal. Seriously, that spell (and the rest of the game) seem to have the difficulty pumped a little to high IMO.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>