Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Magical Girl!  (Read 80702 times)

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
Re: I Wanna Be The Magical Girl!
« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2011, 09:48:34 PM »
>Hear him out, we've trolled him long enough :V
>"Sinister forces, you say?"
>"More sinister than you could ever imagine Miss Sue but I'm sure you're at least somewhat aware of it by now!  An ancient evil is about to arise again and someone has to stop it before it's too late!"

> Dlobok or w/e was a Rat-thing, the other girl was something with feathers, a Bird, and this guy is hyper. Chipmunk or something like one :V
>There are clues as to what Lorelei really is, if you look carefully enough~ ;)
>As for Dlobok... You don't even have to look hard. :P
>Bare in mind the parser loves theme naming and punny and/or referential names.  It makes it easier to remember who's who. >.>
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #271 on: January 20, 2011, 09:59:15 PM »
Ok, I thought hyper teach was with the baddies :V Nice curve-ball :3

> "From how your talking, I assume your more friend then foe. Would that be correct?
> "Is it safe to assume that Dlobok was one of them, one of the sinister forces?"

Meh, Kobold, Rat, close enough :V And unless it's important to the plot, what type of bird the girl is isn't THAT big of a deal to me. References are win though ^-^

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #272 on: January 20, 2011, 10:31:44 PM »
Wikipedia: According to the Roman poets Virgil (Aeneid, book v.864) and Ovid, the Sirenum scopuli were three small rocky islands where the Sirens of Greek mythology lived and lured sailors to their deaths. "The Sirenum Scopuli are sharp rocks that stand about a stone's throw from the south side of the island" of Capri, was Joseph Addison's confident identification.[1].

> I think we know what Lorelei is now. I expected her to be a harpy though...

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #273 on: January 20, 2011, 10:43:44 PM »
Wikipedia: According to the Roman poets Virgil (Aeneid, book v.864) and Ovid, the Sirenum scopuli were three small rocky islands where the Sirens of Greek mythology lived and lured sailors to their deaths. "The Sirenum Scopuli are sharp rocks that stand about a stone's throw from the south side of the island" of Capri, was Joseph Addison's confident identification.[1].

Might also be a reference to Mystia.

> Try to pick out any animal-like features on Hopkins.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #274 on: January 20, 2011, 11:19:59 PM »

True, but she did say she came from Sirenum Scopuli...

And I think Mr. Hopkins is a bunny. :3

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #275 on: January 20, 2011, 11:49:46 PM »
The siren thing was pretty obvious, but I hadn't examined Hopkins name closely enough. Well done.

>"You seem to be pretty well in the know about these things, don't you?"

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #276 on: January 21, 2011, 12:36:59 AM »
Siren's generally use singing to lead others to death, Mystia's lastname is Lorelei IIRC. Wikipedia also mentions "Lorelei is a mermaid name which belonged to the mermaid who lured wary fisherman to their death by singing the most beautiful song they had ever heard."

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #277 on: January 21, 2011, 01:06:36 AM »
As long as we're figuring out what everyone is, what about Paprika?

Hmm...

Oh wait, Lorelei said Paprika's a wolf :getdown:

Moerin

« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2011, 07:25:29 AM »
Ok, I thought hyper teach was with the baddies :V Nice curve-ball :3

> "From how your talking, I assume your more friend then foe. Would that be correct?
> "Is it safe to assume that Dlobok was one of them, one of the sinister forces?"

Meh, Kobold, Rat, close enough :V And unless it's important to the plot, what type of bird the girl is isn't THAT big of a deal to me. References are win though ^-^
>Just keep in mind that knowledge is power, and the difference between what you know and what you don't know can sometimes be the difference between life and death.
>"I am neither friend nor foe but what matters right now is that we are currently on the same side."
>"It IS safe to assume that he was at least an agent of them!"

>Harpies are cool and all, but how can you argue with such a beautiful singing voice~?

>The parser regretfully admits to not thinking of Mystia's surname at all until after Lorelei had been named.  Still, fun coincidence I guess.
>You look over him and... He looks perfectly human.  Short blonde hair, brown eyes, kinda youngish (around his mid-to-late twenties, you estimate), tall and thin... Nope, nothing out of the ordinary.

The siren thing was pretty obvious, but I hadn't examined Hopkins name closely enough. Well done.

>"You seem to be pretty well in the know about these things, don't you?"
>"It's my business to be in the know about these things Miss Sue."

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2011, 05:11:28 PM »
>"Oh, you're teaching a class on this stuff? Convenient! Can I transfer into it this quarter?"
>"Actually, I've run into three people like you around here. Are there any more you know about?"

« Reply #280 on: January 21, 2011, 10:09:42 PM »
("Neither enemy nor friend! I come from a world where such things are meaningl --" *brick'd*)

> "How did you block my mind-reading? I mean, in case I run into someone else who can do it."

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #281 on: January 22, 2011, 06:29:04 PM »
>"Actually, I've run into three people like you around here. Are there any more you know about?"
Haven't we only met two so far?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #282 on: January 22, 2011, 06:54:09 PM »
Dlobok, Lorelei, Hopkins.

Moerin

« Reply #283 on: January 23, 2011, 02:20:54 AM »
>"Oh, you're teaching a class on this stuff? Convenient! Can I transfer into it this quarter?"
>"You seem to have misunderstood me Miss Sue. The only thing I teach here is English apart from that one time I had to show the lunch ladies how to make a proper cup of tea!"
>"Really?  I was unaware that there were any others from my organization here."

("Neither enemy nor friend! I come from a world where such things are meaningl --" *brick'd*)

> "How did you block my mind-reading? I mean, in case I run into someone else who can do it."
>"I can think in many different languages including some long dead ones.  But it's as simple as trying to think of something other than what the mind reader is looking for.  Of course like all simple things it's a lot harder to get the hang of than it initially seems."

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #284 on: January 23, 2011, 02:38:30 AM »
>"Probably not your organization that's here, then. You know about Mr Dlobok, right?"

Moerin

« Reply #285 on: January 23, 2011, 03:21:51 AM »
>"Probably not your organization that's here, then. You know about Mr Dlobok, right?"
"Oh yes rather esteemed colleague shame about what happened to him really.  Thankfully you got to him before I could what with the whole healing beam thing.  At least this way I'll still have someone to discuss the finer points of Russian literature with."

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #286 on: January 23, 2011, 03:33:42 AM »
>"Do you know about Paprika?"

Moerin

« Reply #287 on: January 23, 2011, 03:38:19 AM »
>"Do you know about Paprika?"
>"I know that she's got the underground terrified at the very least.  Sanctuary's supernatural community usually likes to lie low but there's been a noticable increase in strange attacks at night and bizarre murders.  I think she has something pretty big backing her because there's no way a simple werewolf would cause this by herself."

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #288 on: January 23, 2011, 03:46:22 AM »
>Nod. "She's got friends, too. Three others like her."

Moerin

« Reply #289 on: January 23, 2011, 03:54:34 AM »
>Nod. "She's got friends, too. Three others like her."
>"So I've heard but I can never seem to dig up any information about them nor what they're trying to do.  I can't even pick out any kind of pattern out of the victims that have been showing up."

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #290 on: January 23, 2011, 03:59:54 AM »
>"Do you know what they're looking for?"

Moerin

« Reply #291 on: January 23, 2011, 04:01:55 AM »
>"Do you know what they're looking for?"
>He sighs loudly.
>"If I had any idea I would have made a move against them by now."

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #292 on: January 23, 2011, 04:04:49 AM »
>"Life energy, according to Dlobok."

Moerin

« Reply #293 on: January 23, 2011, 04:09:36 AM »
>"Life energy, according to Dlobok."
>"Well that would explain all of the bizarre murders as of late..."
>He mutters something to himself, before continuing.
>"But that begs the question of what they're planning to do with it...  Did Dlobok mention anything of the sort?"

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #294 on: January 23, 2011, 04:27:03 AM »
>"Bizarre murders?"
>"No, Dlobok said that his Master didn't tell him the plan."

« Reply #295 on: January 23, 2011, 07:50:47 AM »
> Go for Light Side Points dialogue option.
> Should we tell him we've recruited Lorelei?

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #296 on: January 23, 2011, 10:03:43 AM »

> No, don't trust him.

>"But that begs the question of what they're planning to do with it...  Did Dlobok mention anything of the sort?"

> Didn't someone, somewhere mention a master they wanted to bring back? Doesn't matter, though, as it's vague as hell.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #297 on: January 23, 2011, 04:54:11 PM »
>Someone did mention it, and I've kinda been holding back on it in case he's a double agent or something.
>"Actually, do you know where Paprika stays? I kinda need to deal with her."

Moerin

« Reply #298 on: January 23, 2011, 05:31:31 PM »
>"Bizarre murders?"
>"No, Dlobok said that his Master didn't tell him the plan."
>"There have been reports of some rather strange slayings in the bad part of town.  Mutilated bodies have been found several with... Parts missing."
>"...Master?  I haven't heard about any "master"..."

> No, don't trust him.

> Didn't someone, somewhere mention a master they wanted to bring back? Doesn't matter, though, as it's vague as hell.
>All will be revealed in time.  Hopefully.

>Someone did mention it, and I've kinda been holding back on it in case he's a double agent or something.
>"Actually, do you know where Paprika stays? I kinda need to deal with her."
>"I've been looking into it myself and I think I've almost narrowed it down.  I keep hearing rumours that she's settled at some bar somewhere something like "The Hooded Monk" or... Something."

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #299 on: January 23, 2011, 05:41:24 PM »
>Or the Twig and Berries?
>Nod. "I'll look into that."