Author Topic: Touhou Grand Theft Auto  (Read 285159 times)

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
Re: Touhou Grand Theft Auto
« Reply #360 on: May 31, 2011, 08:15:31 PM »
Well, looks like my recent edit was a bit late!

Emulating the 360 and/or PS3 won't be too hard as long as the security system is cracked. It'll definitely take a quad-core or better to run them, though. The PS3's hypervisor has been breached at least once IIRC (hence the end to the Other OS feature >:( ), so PS3s running like PCs is more possible than the 360 doing the same ATM.

Back to GTA:
Another thing to note is which studio made the games - the main GTAs and their episodes were done by R* North and eventually ported to PC (though GTA IV's port was done by R* Toronto). By contrast R* San Diego was primarily behind RDR and assisted the Australian Team Bondi for LA Noire - neither got ports. The last game they made that got a PC port was Midnight Club II, which suggests that maybe they're not interested in ports. R* Leeds did GTA: LCS, VCS, and CTW, which had some assistance from North but remained on consoles (in the last case, handhelds + iOS). R* Toronto has been silent recently though, hinting at a PC port.

This is slightly off subject, but do you know of any model mods for GTA: LCS for the PSP? I have a little program to be able to edit files of an .ISO or .CSO file. It would be interesting to be able to do this, only because the PSP seems more likely to get continued support for GTA games over the PC. One of my 5 PSP's got stolen...the only one that had GTA: LCS, luckily I had made an ISO backup using certain PSP homebrew which originally led to me playing with the ISO files as well as patching other ISO's of Project Diva.

Still using Windows XP in the year 2050
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #361 on: May 31, 2011, 08:32:23 PM »
This is slightly off subject, but do you know of any model mods for GTA: LCS for the PSP? I have a little program to be able to edit files of an .ISO or .CSO file. It would be interesting to be able to do this, only because the PSP seems more likely to get continued support for GTA games over the PC. One of my 5 PSP's got stolen...the only one that had GTA: LCS, luckily I had made an ISO backup using certain PSP homebrew which originally led to me playing with the ISO files as well as patching other ISO's of Project Diva.
No, I don't know of any. It'd be really nice to have them though!

PSP is about over thanks to the NGP (upcoming Sony handheld running a custom Android and with touch screen).

As for the PSP files I prefer CSOs due to the smaller size. Never played LCS or VCS on PSP though - I was more interested in imports, emulators, and fighting games.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #362 on: June 01, 2011, 04:34:01 AM »
No, I don't know of any. It'd be really nice to have them though!

PSP is about over thanks to the NGP (upcoming Sony handheld running a custom Android and with touch screen).

As for the PSP files I prefer CSOs due to the smaller size. Never played LCS or VCS on PSP though - I was more interested in imports, emulators, and fighting games.

Android, Android, Android! I'm so sick of all these devices running it. Yeah, the software license is free which is why its so popular in the first place, but come on, what happened to strictly Linux based devices such as my Archos 605 WiFi. Isn't Android somewhat based off of Linux? So if you have a custom Android...what in the world is that called then?

Obtaining one of these new PSPs would likely only happen if I got one broken (like I get most of my stuff). I'm only at a PSP 2000, so I'm way behind in PSP technology as well, not just computers.

CSO's save a few hundred Megs, but require more power to use since the PSP pretty much has to decompress what it's reading the entire time. I have an 8GB stick, so room isn't an issue yet.
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #363 on: June 01, 2011, 04:46:49 AM »
Android, Android, Android! I'm so sick of all these devices running it. Yeah, the software license is free which is why its so popular in the first place, but come on, what happened to strictly Linux based devices such as my Archos 605 WiFi. Isn't Android somewhat based off of Linux? So if you have a custom Android...what in the world is that called then?
I personally hate Android for its security flaws, occasional licence ambiguity (see Java implementation) and Google's way of letting carriers control everything, rather than iOS's more centralized method.
Custom Android is ...Android? It's confusing....

Obtaining one of these new PSPs would likely only happen if I got one broken (like I get most of my stuff). I'm only at a PSP 2000, so I'm way behind in PSP technology as well, not just computers.

CSO's save a few hundred Megs, but require more power to use since the PSP pretty much has to decompress what it's reading the entire time. I have an 8GB stick, so room isn't an issue yet.
That's still better than my PSP 1000! You get that extra 32MB RAM and a proper D-pad :parsee:

Didn't have any problems with CSOs.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 04:55:52 AM by 칼장 (ナイフ長) »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #364 on: June 01, 2011, 05:33:00 AM »
That's still better than my PSP 1000! You get that extra 32MB RAM and a proper D-pad :parsee:

Didn't have any problems with CSOs.

I have a PSP 1000.....................with a broken screen. I traded my other working PSP 1000 for a Mac G3 Laptop. I got some parts from the laptop plus an extra HDD and then sold the laptop for 40 bucks (mainly the battery and power cord since I pulled the second HDD out before selling it.). I wouldn't have sold the laptop if it worked fine, but it would never display an equivalent Windows POST, whatever the Mac POST screen would be called (because I do not have really any knowledge of Mac systems).

Having 5 PSPs total at one time, I am not down to 2 and a half. XD Broken screen 1000, working 2000 with no UMD drive (no it's not the Japanese version), and another 1000....which only consists of the motherboard and daughterboard and the bottom half of the frame. The board works which is why I kept it.

Speaking of PSP 1000 screens, I was on eBay a short while before looking at your last reply and found this posting which I thought you might like since I did. XD They used Ibuki Suika in a picture for "Big Sale" as their heading of the item description. I personally thought it was cute. I wonder if that person knows it's Touhou, or if they just randomly found it. What do you think? Hehe
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #365 on: June 01, 2011, 06:00:05 AM »
I have a PSP 1000.....................with a broken screen. I traded my other working PSP 1000 for a Mac G3 Laptop. I got some parts from the laptop plus an extra HDD and then sold the laptop for 40 bucks (mainly the battery and power cord since I pulled the second HDD out before selling it.). I wouldn't have sold the laptop if it worked fine, but it would never display an equivalent Windows POST, whatever the Mac POST screen would be called (because I do not have really any knowledge of Mac systems).
Macs do not POST in the BIOS sense because they don't have a PC BIOS, just ROMs (PowerPC) or EFI1.1 (Intel). They do however have similar methods of indications, such as a built-in Apple Hardware Test (often put on the Applications discs), beeps, and (on the pre-1997 Macs) death chimes.

Having 5 PSPs total at one time, I am not down to 2 and a half. XD Broken screen 1000, working 2000 with no UMD drive (no it's not the Japanese version), and another 1000....which only consists of the motherboard and daughterboard and the bottom half of the frame. The board works which is why I kept it.

Speaking of PSP 1000 screens, I was on eBay a short while before looking at your last reply and found this posting which I thought you might like since I did. XD They used Ibuki Suika in a picture for "Big Sale" as their heading of the item description. I personally thought it was cute. I wonder if that person knows it's Touhou, or if they just randomly found it. What do you think? Hehe
Ehe, cute Suika!

I think it's a good idea to get this to fix that broken 1000 screen. Also do a Dpad mod because it is shit on the 1000.

This PSP discussion should also go in tech thread IMO.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #366 on: June 01, 2011, 06:17:47 AM »
Macs do not POST in the BIOS sense because they don't have a PC BIOS, just ROMs (PowerPC) or EFI1.1 (Intel). They do however have similar methods of indications, such as a built-in Apple Hardware Test (often put on the Applications discs), beeps, and (on the pre-1997 Macs) death chimes.
Ehe, cute Suika!

HAHA, death chimes? Is this equivalent to a PC speaker screaming at you saying a problem, such as overheating?

I think it's a good idea to get this to fix that broken 1000 screen. Also do a Dpad mod because it is shit on the 1000.

I will fix it one day. When I focused on PSPs, I had them coming in like crazy, some given to me since they never worked and they didn't want them back since they upgraded to a newer model, in other words free parts which led to free PSPs XD. I likely won't be messing with them as much as I used to though. Once my PSP 2000 goes out, I may focus on getting the other one working, but for now it's far back in my priority list.

This PSP discussion should also go in tech thread IMO.

You say IMO a lot, but I still don't get its abbreviation meaning. Can you fill me in on that please?
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #367 on: June 01, 2011, 06:24:46 AM »
HAHA, death chimes? Is this equivalent to a PC speaker screaming at you saying a problem, such as overheating?
Basically, yeah. Sometimes it was accompanied by a "Sad Mac" face that had the error code in hex. Newer Macs, however, make the standard PC beeps (eg. MacBook Pro without RAM = 1 long beep every 5 seconds).
Wikipedia article on Death Chimes

I will fix it one day. When I focused on PSPs, I had them coming in like crazy, some given to me since they never worked and they didn't want them back since they upgraded to a newer model, in other words free parts which led to free PSPs XD. I likely won't be messing with them as much as I used to though. Once my PSP 2000 goes out, I may focus on getting the other one working, but for now it's far back in my priority list.
Yeah, it's better to stay with the PSP 2000 since the major beef about the 1000 (namely the D-pad) was fixed on that model.

You say IMO a lot, but I still don't get its abbreviation meaning. Can you fill me in on that please?
IMO = "In My Opinion".
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #368 on: June 01, 2011, 06:41:44 AM »
Basically, yeah. Sometimes it was accompanied by a "Sad Mac" face that had the error code in hex. Newer Macs, however, make the standard PC beeps (eg. MacBook Pro without RAM = 1 long beep every 5 seconds).
Wikipedia article on Death Chimes

OK< RIGHT NOW, give me a broken Mac pre 1998 of each model...I want to hear some of these sounds...just because. Sounds almost like an insult to the Mac user when something goes out making sounds like a bongo drum ending in a fart sound....I mean really? The sad icon is something I've encountered before when repairing iPods, specifically the really old iPod mini first generation.

Yeah, it's better to stay with the PSP 2000 since the major beef about the 1000 (namely the D-pad) was fixed on that model.

The D-pad was noticeably lower into the frame of the PSP, but it never really game me a harder time to worry about it. Then again, I have fairly large hands making it easier to hit diagonals with more surface area of my thumb on application of pressure.

IMO = "In My Opinion".

Thank you, that clears a few things up.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #369 on: June 01, 2011, 06:48:42 AM »
OK< RIGHT NOW, give me a broken Mac pre 1998 of each model...I want to hear some of these sounds...just because. Sounds almost like an insult to the Mac user when something goes out making sounds like a bongo drum ending in a fart sound....I mean really? The sad icon is something I've encountered before when repairing iPods, specifically the really old iPod mini first generation.
General rundown of death chimes
I would really recommend the MacTracker app, but the latest version for Windows is 5.0.9, and the developer is not intending on continuing ports at all. You lose out on an interface change and info on newer systems, but at least it's on both OS X and iOS under their respective App Stores.

The D-pad was noticeably lower into the frame of the PSP, but it never really game me a harder time to worry about it. Then again, I have fairly large hands making it easier to hit diagonals with more surface area of my thumb on application of pressure.
I take it that you haven't played many fighters on the system then. It was a total nightmare to play on the D-pad - as a result, Capcom made a little shimmy for SFA3 MAX while Arc System Works added an Easy Controls option in its port of Guilty Gear X2 ^ Accent Core Plus. Both also supported analog control.
But the emulators I played with a lot (Neo Geo, CPS1, CPS2) did not have similar assistance (and analog was anything but precise), so fighting on them was hard.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 06:53:19 AM by 칼장 (ナイフ長) »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #370 on: June 01, 2011, 07:09:32 AM »
General rundown of death chimes
I would really recommend the MacTracker app, but the latest version for Windows is 5.0.9, and the developer is not intending on continuing ports at all. You lose out on an interface change and info on newer systems, but at least it's on both OS X and iOS under their respective App Stores.

I won't be using this anytime soon...I like to find out such information the long way. In a few related videos I saw after seeing the on you linked, I saw this and found i pretty funny.

I take it that you haven't played many fighters on the system then. It was a total nightmare to play on the D-pad - as a result, Capcom made a little shimmy for SFA3 MAX while Arc System Works added an Easy Controls option in its port of Guilty Gear X2 ^ Accent Core Plus. Both also supported analog control.
But the emulators I played with a lot (Neo Geo, CPS1, CPS2) did not have similar assistance (and analog was anything but precise), so fighting on them was hard.

You are correct in your assumption that I haven't used the PSP 1000 to play a lot of fighting games, but then again....I haven't really played that many games on the 1000 as it is. I run more home-brew than I do games. This was when I was trying to turn my PSP into a computer about a year or so ago. I have Mac OS 8.6 through that one emulator as well as Windows 3.1, 95 and 98 though DOSBOX which worked fairly fine. Windows 98 booted like Windows Vista though, hehe.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #371 on: June 01, 2011, 07:22:13 AM »
I saw this and found i pretty funny.
Aha. The comments on any Mac/PC thing are just terrible to read over, however; thanks stupid Mac fanboys for drinking Steve's Kool-Aid and even stupider PC fanatics for making their clone! Makes it hard for those of us who use multiple OSes on a daily basis.

...as well as Windows 3.1, 95 and 98 though DOSBOX which worked fairly fine. Windows 98 booted like Windows Vista though, hehe.
I thought Bochs was ported to the PSP, not Dosbox. But 98 booting in forever and a day...not surprised.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #372 on: June 02, 2011, 02:18:33 AM »
I thought Bochs was ported to the PSP, not Dosbox. But 98 booting in forever and a day...not surprised.

Bochs was ported for PSP, but so was DOSBOX. Win98 takes roughly 6-7 minutes to fully boot to a usable stage. I think I've blue screened once while on it...It was beyond funny since I was showing my tech instructor about Windows on PSP right when it happened. The operating systems on the PSP would be SO MUCH more useful if the Memory card could be used as RAM, such as like a page file. The only other thing would be drivers and the availability of being able to access the memory card.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #373 on: June 02, 2011, 02:28:57 AM »
Bochs was ported for PSP, but so was DOSBOX. Win98 takes roughly 6-7 minutes to fully boot to a usable stage. I think I've blue screened once while on it...It was beyond funny since I was showing my tech instructor about Windows on PSP right when it happened. The operating systems on the PSP would be SO MUCH more useful if the Memory card could be used as RAM, such as like a page file. The only other thing would be drivers and the availability of being able to access the memory card.
Oh, didn't stay with the PSP community long enough for that.

I think the weak MIPS CPU of the PSP is more to blame, since it has to convert everything from x86 instructions, and dynamic recompilation would be hard to implement. But using the memory stick as swap space would be nice too.

Getting more impetus for Touhou GTA. I'll have to work from VMs for now (Parallels FTW). Currently getting more music - I am considering sorting the radio stations out by genre (rock, trance, vocal, classical, etc) rather than by circle (current).
Bad command or file name

Moekou

• Hourai Doll
  • Nyo~
« Reply #374 on: June 03, 2011, 12:33:59 AM »
Thanks, I was looking for something like this, since I always screwed something up when I tried patching manually.
Never forget these eternal words of wisdom: "Take it easy!"

« Reply #375 on: June 03, 2011, 01:33:43 PM »
Cool i will download this

« Reply #376 on: June 03, 2011, 01:54:52 PM »
Torrent Does Not Work Help me please

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #377 on: June 03, 2011, 03:52:25 PM »
It's faster if you download via megaupload instead of waiting weeks for the torrent to complete.

« Reply #378 on: June 03, 2011, 04:52:04 PM »
I have a problem i did not download whole touhou mod but i got Spell and i want Instructions for spells how to use them. I tried spell musou_huin but when i type Musou game freeze

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #379 on: June 03, 2011, 05:45:59 PM »
I have a problem i did not download whole touhou mod but i got Spell and i want Instructions for spells how to use them. I tried spell musou_huin but when i type Musou game freeze
(1) Download the whole mod, preferably.
(2) Copy "reimu.txd" into the models/txd directory. Same for udon.txd if you want to use the Grand Patriot's Elixir spell.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:55:48 PM by HARU Channel Syndications »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #380 on: June 03, 2011, 07:03:36 PM »
(2) Copy "reimu.txd" into the models/txd directory. Same for udon.txd if you want to use the Grand Patriot's Elixir spell.

My game freezes on a couple of these spell cards, never were resolved. I think if they have everything in the correct place, it may be configuration of some sort, whether it be something of the hardware to failure of hardware acceleration through software...who knows.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #381 on: June 03, 2011, 07:20:25 PM »
My game freezes on a couple of these spell cards, never were resolved. I think if they have everything in the correct place, it may be configuration of some sort, whether it be something of the hardware to failure of hardware acceleration through software...who knows.
That's not good...I have mine fully configured and it works fine on Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD cards (so GPU is no issue - RAM and CPU may be though, since all the systems I tested have 8GB and use Intel CPUs).

I also have it running in WinXP SP2 compatibility mode in Win7. Funny enough, XP fails on some of these spells.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 07:25:41 PM by HARU Channel Syndications »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #382 on: June 04, 2011, 02:45:12 AM »
That's not good...I have mine fully configured and it works fine on Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD cards (so GPU is no issue - RAM and CPU may be though, since all the systems I tested have 8GB and use Intel CPUs).

I also have it running in WinXP SP2 compatibility mode in Win7. Funny enough, XP fails on some of these spells.

Running XP here may be part of the issue, if some of these mods were created by users of Win7, there's a great possibility that they may only work properly in a Win7 environment....just a thought.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #383 on: June 04, 2011, 02:50:48 AM »
Running XP here may be part of the issue, if some of these mods were created by users of Win7, there's a great possibility that they may only work properly in a Win7 environment....just a thought.
That's probably what it is. All my Win7 systems worked with every spell just fine, but some of them crashed on XP. In other words, I think we need more testers to see which ones will and won't work with XP (and likely 2k3) systems. Vista users should be fine though.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #384 on: June 04, 2011, 03:04:41 AM »
That's probably what it is. All my Win7 systems worked with every spell just fine, but some of them crashed on XP. In other words, I think we need more testers to see which ones will and won't work with XP (and likely 2k3) systems. Vista users should be fine though.

Yeah, the one advantage to using Vista....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-*boom*

I don't necessarily think anyone is going to be using Win2k with GTA. Does GTAS: SA even support Win2k? Hehe, im asking a question I could simply Google, but its just that I've never heard of Win2k support for any games...at least for people to use it. I guess it is so close to WinXP that it's included.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #385 on: June 04, 2011, 03:14:56 AM »
Yeah, the one advantage to using Vista....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-*boom*

I don't necessarily think anyone is going to be using Win2k with GTA. Does GTAS: SA even support Win2k? Hehe, im asking a question I could simply Google, but its just that I've never heard of Win2k support for any games...at least for people to use it. I guess it is so close to WinXP that it's included.
It does...IIRC it even supports 98SE! :o

Then again few gamed on Win2k given its business lean.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #386 on: June 04, 2011, 03:23:18 AM »
It does...IIRC it even supports 98SE! :o

Then again few gamed on Win2k given its business lean.

What about ME? hehe. It can play the games, until ME-tan drops a few memory blocks in her stack. XD
私は本当にお金を必要とする

« Reply #387 on: June 04, 2011, 09:47:38 AM »

Thank You but musou does not work

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #388 on: June 04, 2011, 09:52:40 AM »
Thank You but musou does not work
OK...
Try re-copying the entire contents of the CLEO and models folders from the Touhou GTA archive over to your install, overwriting anything in the process.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #389 on: June 05, 2011, 05:41:09 AM »
OK...
Try re-copying the entire contents of the CLEO and models folders from the Touhou GTA archive over to your install, overwriting anything in the process.

You could also attach your version of a few files here like you did for the flying one for me. It worked fine after you gave me your copy.
私は本当にお金を必要とする