Author Topic: Touhou Grand Theft Auto  (Read 285167 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: Touhou Grand Theft Auto
« Reply #330 on: May 04, 2011, 12:05:33 AM »
Not that I know of. GTA4 also uses a very different engine (RAGE instead of RenderWare) and converting would have to be done manually.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #331 on: May 04, 2011, 12:25:45 AM »
Its because I remember seeing something when GTA 4 came out, I had all the touhou modding sites saved, but my computer crashed and currently running on a whole new computer. Would it be possible to get the links to as many mod sites as possible including japanese ones.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #332 on: May 04, 2011, 12:31:13 AM »
I'd suggest Gosuke Factory and GTA SA Modding Center (both Japanese). I got a LOT of models through these sites (so many that I'm still arranging all of them).
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #333 on: May 04, 2011, 01:44:32 AM »
I was wondering is there like a GTA 4 version, is there a way to convert the SA to 4?

I wish there was, but as EP says, its likely not worth it, at least for now. I personally would love having Touhou in GTA 4 however since you could go much higher in detail for the characters, plus the physics would be better for modding. Too bad Microsoft had to be a butthole and work as hard as they can to stop us from modding.
Still using Windows XP in the year 2050
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #334 on: May 04, 2011, 02:07:32 AM »
I wish there was, but as EP says, its likely not worth it, at least for now. I personally would love having Touhou in GTA 4 however since you could go much higher in detail for the characters, plus the physics would be better for modding. Too bad Microsoft had to be a butthole and work as hard as they can to stop us from modding.
I'd also blame Rockstar. Granted, GFWL sucks terribly (which is why Fable 3, an MSFT-published product, is on Steam as well), but really we should blame Rockstar for not being friendly to the PC modding community with the use of patches that may have (slightly) improved performance but also forced the modders to create new loopholes to get things working. Plus it has always been favouring of consoles, and we don't know when or if RDR or LA Noire, let alone GTA V, will even arrive on PC.

As for GTA: SA, I have ideas to change the gang names too. Already changed player ranks to Tempest's custom ones, and for gangs I already have some ideas:
Grove St (yours) - Hakurei Shrine (mostly reskins and fairies)
Ballas (Orin, zombie fairies; main enemy) - Team (9) (Cirno, Rumia, Daiyousei chibi models?)
Vagos (hispanic enemies) - Tengu (Aya, Momi, Hatate - they're both in highlands)
Aztecas (Cesar, lowriders) - Yakumo Estate (or Moriya)
Triads (Chinese) - Moriya Shrine (or Yakumo / Satori)
Da Nang (Vietnamese, boat mission) - Netherworld + Higan (Yuyuko, Youmu, Shikieiki, Komachi - NICE BOAT)
Rifa (hispanics in San Fierro ) - Eientei (Eirin, Kaguya, Reisen, Tewi)
Mafia (some missions) - Scarlet Devil Mansion residents (Remi, Flan, Sakuya, Patchy?)
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #335 on: May 04, 2011, 03:06:42 AM »
I'd also blame Rockstar. Granted, GFWL sucks terribly (which is why Fable 3, an MSFT-published product, is on Steam as well), but really we should blame Rockstar for not being friendly to the PC modding community with the use of patches that may have (slightly) improved performance but also forced the modders to create new loopholes to get things working. Plus it has always been favouring of consoles, and we don't know when or if RDR or LA Noire, let alone GTA V, will even arrive on PC.

As for GTA: SA, I have ideas to change the gang names too. Already changed player ranks to Tempest's custom ones, and for gangs I already have some ideas:
Grove St (yours) - Hakurei Shrine (mostly reskins and fairies)
Ballas (Orin, zombie fairies; main enemy) - Team ⑨ (Cirno, Rumia, Daiyousei chibi models?)
Vagos (hispanic enemies) - Tengu (Aya, Momi, Hatate - they're both in highlands)
Aztecas (Cesar, lowriders) - Yakumo Estate (or Moriya)
Triads (Chinese) - Moriya Shrine (or Yakumo / Satori)
Da Nang (Vietnamese, boat mission) - Netherworld + Higan (Yuyuko, Youmu, Shikieiki, Komachi - NICE BOAT)
Rifa (hispanics in San Fierro ) - Eientei (Eirin, Kaguya, Reisen, Tewi)
Mafia (some missions) - Scarlet Devil Mansion residents (Remi, Flan, Sakuya, Patchy?)

Yep, I knew I was forgetting another company. Cursing Rockstar. Though with enough time, people will get through the tighter loopholes for easy modding. They BETTER make GTA V for the PC. I don't ever play console games, which means they would lose many sales for those like me.

Stop making such great ideas for GTA:SA! Hehe, I wish I could watch your progress and see how you did things so I could do things my own way if time ever came around to it.
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #336 on: May 04, 2011, 03:09:50 AM »
Yep, I knew I was forgetting another company. Cursing Rockstar. Though with enough time, people will get through the tighter loopholes for easy modding. They BETTER make GTA V for the PC. I don't ever play console games, which means they would lose many sales for those like me.

Stop making such great ideas for GTA:SA! Hehe, I wish I could watch your progress and see how you did things so I could do things my own way if time ever came around to it.
I don't even have a current-gen console (Wii doesn't count XD) so PC is my connection to current gaming trends.

As for the mods, I'll send screenshots and other files along the way. At the very least.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #337 on: May 04, 2011, 06:29:32 PM »
I don't even have a current-gen console (Wii doesn't count XD) so PC is my connection to current gaming trends.

As for the mods, I'll send screenshots and other files along the way. At the very least.

My newest console is the PS2. I haven't touched it for two years and even if I did, I don't have the power cord anymore for it XD.
 :3
Hmm, I just noticed the Marquee tool in this reply box....lets try it out XD hehe, /move XD, too bad HTML wasn't like that
As for GTA Touhou, I'll likely be gone not being able to play for the rest of today. Then again, I have a laptop, its just not fully using Touhou except for CLEO and gta3.img. So here goes my last few words of the day, ta ta!
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #338 on: May 04, 2011, 06:32:19 PM »
I guess you had fun with the forum's formatting options! :D

I have a free day from exams today so a little more testing can be done. Man with all this talk about testing I could pull a GlaDOS persona....
Bad command or file name

Zinx Nightstar

• Sorcerer Of Night Who Has Lived Of A 1000 Years
  • Hello mortals, i am Odoru Higanbana.
« Reply #339 on: May 05, 2011, 06:07:43 PM »
hey guys i am playing samp and have seen many other cleo mods used in samp but when i tried it with touhou mod it didn't work <_< is there a way to put touhou mod work on samp also?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #340 on: May 05, 2011, 06:28:15 PM »
hey guys i am playing samp and have seen many other cleo mods used in samp but when i tried it with touhou mod it didn't work <_< is there a way to put touhou mod work on samp also?
Not sure yet. Flinix is trying to figure this out, and so far it'll run if you remove CLEO scripts and the ASI hook for it.

However this doesn't guarantee the full mod.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #341 on: May 05, 2011, 07:03:33 PM »
Not sure yet. Flinix is trying to figure this out, and so far it'll run if you remove CLEO scripts and the ASI hook for it.

However this doesn't guarantee the full mod.

Remember that having the CLEO mods  do work in SAMP, its just they have no effects and others can't see the spell being cast except for your character moving the way they do. For these to work properly, it is required to have filter scripts made to hold these spells so when cast by the players, everyone can see it and be affected by it.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #342 on: May 08, 2011, 03:35:20 AM »
Well this is a bummer. My Windows 7 OS randomly started freezing unexpectedly a few weeks ago. Since I never used it much since I use Windows XP more often, I didn't worry about it. Now Windows XP seems like it may have a virus or something of some sort as it is hard to tell with the symptoms. So I load a live CD of Kubuntu to start backing up just to be safe...I encounter freezing at random times doing next to nothing. Odd, I try my Linux Mint CD and seem to be able to use it for a little while before freezing. Now I'm on Puppy Linux. (And you might ask "how many frikkin Linux OS's do I have). I'm thinking its bad memory or bad capacitors near the processor. I'll have to check later though. Because of this mess though, I can not play Touhou GTA: Gensokyo City until I either repair this one (which I'm still on, but its like the PS3, hehe. The PS3 ain't got no games [jokingly saying]), or transfer the Carmageddon files you gave me along with my 9001 MMD models. XD

EDIT ICHI: HAHA!! The forum site thinks I'm on Ubuntu XD. I personally dislike Ubuntu (don't know why, it was my first Linux OS). Maybe Shrinemaiden should add more Linux OS's to the identifier. It's Puppy Linux, not Ubuntu! XD
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 03:38:31 AM by Flinix »
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #343 on: May 08, 2011, 03:51:36 PM »
Well this is a bummer. My Windows 7 OS randomly started freezing unexpectedly a few weeks ago. Since I never used it much since I use Windows XP more often, I didn't worry about it. Now Windows XP seems like it may have a virus or something of some sort as it is hard to tell with the symptoms. So I load a live CD of Kubuntu to start backing up just to be safe...I encounter freezing at random times doing next to nothing. Odd, I try my Linux Mint CD and seem to be able to use it for a little while before freezing. Now I'm on Puppy Linux. (And you might ask "how many frikkin Linux OS's do I have). I'm thinking its bad memory or bad capacitors near the processor. I'll have to check later though. Because of this mess though, I can not play Touhou GTA: Gensokyo City until I either repair this one (which I'm still on, but its like the PS3, hehe. The PS3 ain't got no games [jokingly saying]), or transfer the Carmageddon files you gave me along with my 9001 MMD models. XD

EDIT ICHI: HAHA!! The forum site thinks I'm on Ubuntu XD. I personally dislike Ubuntu (don't know why, it was my first Linux OS). Maybe Shrinemaiden should add more Linux OS's to the identifier. It's Puppy Linux, not Ubuntu! XD
Sorry to hear the news. I don't wonder about the number of Linux distros though. I've run through my fair share of them (mostly was on SUSE and Ubuntu, though, and plan to move to Debian).

Sounds like a hardware problem. For memory, well, there's always Memtest86+ for that.

I think the forum has recognized specifically the Ubuntu, Gentoo, and SUSE distros from what I've seen. I don't like Ubuntu (desktop) anymore either after 10.10 killed the realtime kernel I used often. After 11.04 failed to stick a viable alternative I moved to Fedora, which is good but given the prevalence of DEBs over RPMs nowadays....
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #344 on: May 09, 2011, 01:48:19 AM »
Sorry to hear the news. I don't wonder about the number of Linux distros though. I've run through my fair share of them (mostly was on SUSE and Ubuntu, though, and plan to move to Debian).

Sounds like a hardware problem. For memory, well, there's always Memtest86+ for that.

I think the forum has recognized specifically the Ubuntu, Gentoo, and SUSE distros from what I've seen. I don't like Ubuntu (desktop) anymore either after 10.10 killed the realtime kernel I used often. After 11.04 failed to stick a viable alternative I moved to Fedora, which is good but given the prevalence of DEBs over RPMs nowadays....

Back on my XP partition for the time being. Having used it for a few hours, it appears stable again, but it will be something to keep an eye on.

I have a friend who is a big Ubuntu user and has also come to dislike 10.10 and up. I had originally used 9.04. If I used Ubuntu again, I will definitely use 9.04 for a few reasons over 10.10. I wonder how many other people have started to dislike Ubuntu with these newer releases. Thank goodness for the wide variety of distros out there. As a note, I'd rather use my Sli-Taz (a 25MB Linux OS which has a very powerful GUI surprisingly) over Ubuntu 10.10 and up. XD

Anyways, I shall take a break from Touhou GTA: Gensokyo City and play a little bit of GTA IV for once in over a month.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #345 on: May 09, 2011, 01:52:37 AM »
Back on my XP partition for the time being. Having used it for a few hours, it appears stable again, but it will be something to keep an eye on.

I have a friend who is a big Ubuntu user and has also come to dislike 10.10 and up. I had originally used 9.04. If I used Ubuntu again, I will definitely use 9.04 for a few reasons over 10.10. I wonder how many other people have started to dislike Ubuntu with these newer releases. Thank goodness for the wide variety of distros out there. As a note, I'd rather use my Sli-Taz (a 25MB Linux OS which has a very powerful GUI surprisingly) over Ubuntu 10.10 and up. XD

Anyways, I shall take a break from Touhou GTA: Gensokyo City and play a little bit of GTA IV for once in over a month.
Building a new system for the time being as well, now that semester is over.

I dislike Ubuntu's commitment to new releases every six months...a bit shaky, really (looks at the 11.04 interface which started in 10.10 netbook remix and is still very buggy). I still like 10.04 LTS a lot though and keep it around as a boot CD (and maybe I'll use the Server edition of that if I ever build a home server out of a recycled desktop I have).
I prefer Damn Small Linux personally for ultra-small (<100MB) distros.

As for GTA IV, I would get to that but my current system can't run it (but the one I'm building definitely will...maybe not at max settings though).
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #346 on: May 09, 2011, 03:29:10 AM »
Building a new system for the time being as well, now that semester is over.

I dislike Ubuntu's commitment to new releases every six months...a bit shaky, really (looks at the 11.04 interface which started in 10.10 netbook remix and is still very buggy). I still like 10.04 LTS a lot though and keep it around as a boot CD (and maybe I'll use the Server edition of that if I ever build a home server out of a recycled desktop I have).
I prefer Damn Small Linux personally for ultra-small (<100MB) distros.

As for GTA IV, I would get to that but my current system can't run it (but the one I'm building definitely will...maybe not at max settings though).

Hehe, you think I can run GTA IV either? I have everything at minimum and I barely get 20 FPS. This is on a half broken laptop (since that's the fastest thing I have) , flipped over and wide open with two desktop heat sinks better cooling the CPU and GPU than the on-board heat sink, and then my home-made RAM heatsinks to keep the computer from restarting immediately after 15 minutes of playing making them get ungodly hot. Its a horrible setup, but if I want to play, that's what I have to do since my desktop, the one that completely rejected my lovely nVidia 8400GT, gets 1 frame every two-three seconds at best! XD
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 03:36:54 AM by Flinix »
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #347 on: May 09, 2011, 05:00:24 AM »
Hehe, you think I can run GTA IV either? I have everything at minimum and I barely get 20 FPS. This is on a half broken laptop (since that's the fastest thing I have) , flipped over and wide open with two desktop heat sinks better cooling the CPU and GPU than the on-board heat sink, and then my home-made RAM heatsinks to keep the computer from restarting immediately after 15 minutes of playing making them get ungodly hot. Its a horrible setup, but if I want to play, that's what I have to do since my desktop, the one that completely rejected my lovely nVidia 8400GT, gets 1 frame every two-three seconds at best! XD
That cooling system's a bit crazy! I take it they are overclocked to ungodly levels?
Besides on my crappy system it crashes upon map load ???
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 06:32:27 AM by Miniscule Meiling's Picture Session »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #348 on: May 09, 2011, 06:45:42 AM »
That cooling system's a bit crazy! I take it they are overclocked to ungodly levels?

I knew you'd ask that, and no is the answer. For some reason, the components of that laptop just get really hot, no reason given either. Before I made this little setup here, the laptop would always either just immediately restart the whole computer or exit the game at a certain temperature. The temperatures were probably 86C at peak. The RAM was the culprit in causing a random shutoff/restart, which is why I made the RAM heatsinks...out of the PCI card filler panels from my desktop. I cut them to the right length, then to make them stay on the stick (because I will not use tape or glue for obvious reasons), I took office triangle paper clips (the black spring loaded things with silver detachable handles) and did a little bit of grinding to remove the access metal sticking out which held the removable silver clips.

Another laptop that can get 8-12 FPS on GTA IV  has an even worse cooling system than my cooling system madness one. All I was doing was installing the game on it and I hit temperatures breaking 100C. I don't even want to know what it was at during the game. XD The laptop however breaking 100C never shut off or restarted like the one with the massive cooling setup. The RAM I guess never got hot enough to cause that problem. The 100C and 86C were reads from the CPU, as the memory does not have temperature sensors on them obviously.

I'm talking too much technical stuff again! This is not a computer forum website, Peanut Butter!!

私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #349 on: May 09, 2011, 07:03:50 AM »
I knew you'd ask that, and no is the answer. For some reason, the components of that laptop just get really hot, no reason given either. Before I made this little setup here, the laptop would always either just immediately restart the whole computer or exit the game at a certain temperature. The temperatures were probably 86C at peak. The RAM was the culprit in causing a random shutoff/restart, which is why I made the RAM heatsinks...out of the PCI card filler panels from my desktop. I cut them to the right length, then to make them stay on the stick (because I will not use tape or glue for obvious reasons), I took office triangle paper clips (the black spring loaded things with silver detachable handles) and did a little bit of grinding to remove the access metal sticking out which held the removable silver clips.

Another laptop that can get 8-12 FPS on GTA IV  has an even worse cooling system than my cooling system madness one. All I was doing was installing the game on it and I hit temperatures breaking 100C. I don't even want to know what it was at during the game. XD The laptop however breaking 100C never shut off or restarted like the one with the massive cooling setup. The RAM I guess never got hot enough to cause that problem. The 100C and 86C were reads from the CPU, as the memory does not have temperature sensors on them obviously.

I'm talking too much technical stuff again! This is not a computer forum website, Peanut Butter!!
...:o

I'd also blame really hot parts as well as bad aerodynamics in that case...assuming an old laptop it probably has a P4 in it, and those were notorious for running hot (and that, along with AMD64, was why Intel went to multi-core in 2006).

For technical stuff in this forum I'll kindly redirect you to the computer thread.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #350 on: May 09, 2011, 07:54:21 AM »
...:o

I'd also blame really hot parts as well as bad aerodynamics in that case...assuming an old laptop it probably has a P4 in it, and those were notorious for running hot (and that, along with AMD64, was why Intel went to multi-core in 2006).

For technical stuff in this forum I'll kindly redirect you to the computer thread.

Actually, its a Compaq Presario CQ50 with a 2.0GHz AMD Turion X2 RM-70. Its not new, but its not a P4 either XD

This thread...just...died. Where are those updates you said you'd post XD
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:09:02 AM by Flinix »
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #351 on: May 24, 2011, 12:44:20 AM »
This thread...just...died. Where are those updates you said you'd post XD
Updates, right!

As said earlier I just did the EoSD skins so far. Configuring the new system is taking priority ATM.

Also decided that I will finalize GTA: SA Carmageddon for now and soon release another vid (mixed Touhou mod and stock + ENB?) with the modded files I used in a link or the sort. I'd rather work on the Sega-style handling mod for now.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #352 on: May 26, 2011, 12:23:30 AM »
Updates, right!

As said earlier I just did the EoSD skins so far. Configuring the new system is taking priority ATM.

Also decided that I will finalize GTA: SA Carmageddon for now and soon release another vid (mixed Touhou mod and stock + ENB?) with the modded files I used in a link or the sort. I'd rather work on the Sega-style handling mod for now.

Another video should be enjoying to watch. Will be awaiting delivery of said video.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #353 on: May 26, 2011, 01:02:54 AM »
Another video should be enjoying to watch. Will be awaiting delivery of said video.
Very well! I got GTA: SA working, Touhou mod and all, on my new rig, but Steam and GTA4 don't wish to cooperate. Progress should come in due course!
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #354 on: May 30, 2011, 05:28:44 PM »
Very well! I got GTA: SA working, Touhou mod and all, on my new rig, but Steam and GTA4 don't wish to cooperate. Progress should come in due course!

So how many FPS are you getting on Touhou GTA: Gensokyo City? 60-80? Also, have you tried testing texture memory drops on the new rig yet? Would like to see if an improved rig would allow the game to not do that anymore...or at least not as often.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #355 on: May 30, 2011, 05:40:46 PM »
So how many FPS are you getting on Touhou GTA: Gensokyo City? 60-80? Also, have you tried testing texture memory drops on the new rig yet? Would like to see if an improved rig would allow the game to not do that anymore...or at least not as often.
Hm, I have not checked at all, since I kept having issues with booting. Holding out for now.

FPS-wise, I'm not too sure (didn't have FRAPS running to check) but it was very smooth on max settings (except AA).

As for texture drops, I still see them quite a bit, even on a 1GB GDDR5 6870. Not as often as on the x201, but still a bit noticeable. May be how the game assigns texture memory (heard some stories of similar drops for users of HD texture packs).
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #356 on: May 31, 2011, 08:21:28 AM »
Hm, I have not checked at all, since I kept having issues with booting. Holding out for now.

FPS-wise, I'm not too sure (didn't have FRAPS running to check) but it was very smooth on max settings (except AA).

As for texture drops, I still see them quite a bit, even on a 1GB GDDR5 6870. Not as often as on the x201, but still a bit noticeable. May be how the game assigns texture memory (heard some stories of similar drops for users of HD texture packs).

Depressing really, not being able to play a simple game with enhancement, without problems. Tisk tisk tisk, jk. I feel with the popularity of Touhou and its massive input to GTA, I kinda see GTA IV or GTA V becoming the next major project in model replacement and spell card abilities, especially since MUCH higher quality can be achieved. The first thing that has to be done though is getting around GTA IV's blocking of modding. Once this is done easily, I think we'll see some mod booming.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #357 on: May 31, 2011, 06:23:15 PM »
Depressing really, not being able to play a simple game with enhancement, without problems. Tisk tisk tisk, jk. I feel with the popularity of Touhou and its massive input to GTA, I kinda see GTA IV or GTA V becoming the next major project in model replacement and spell card abilities, especially since MUCH higher quality can be achieved. The first thing that has to be done though is getting around GTA IV's blocking of modding. Once this is done easily, I think we'll see some mod booming.
That'd be nice if there was such a mod for GTA IV, but again it is difficult to get models and everything working. Unlike GTA: SA where the executable is the only thing that matters, for GTA IV we also need things such as ASI loaders and XLiveless, which often have conflicting issues with newer versions of the game. Plus thanks to this Live integration isn't exactly that easy (a slight pain for those of us with the DLC versions of the Episodes, and more for online players). Terribly confusing - no wonder why there are very few model mods (but plenty of texture ones).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:40:33 PM by 칼장 (ナイフ長) »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #358 on: May 31, 2011, 06:43:20 PM »
That'd be nice if there was such a mod for GTA IV, but again it is difficult to get models and everything working. Unlike GTA: SA where the executable is the only thing that matters, for GTA IV we also need things such as ASI loaders and XLiveless, which often have conflicting issues with newer versions of the game. Plus thanks to this Live integration isn't exactly that easy (a slight pain for those of us with the DLC versions of the Episodes, and more for online players).
Also, I'm not terribly sure there is a full scripting engine in GTA IV yet.

As for GTA V, first we have to see whether Rockstar will even consider the PC platform again, given the lack of LA Noire and especially RDR :(

Given that if Rockstar doesn't consider PC as one of its platforms, I'm going to be one ticked GTA fan (because keyboards and mice are much easier to control with than those joysticks and lack of available buttons.[plus I refuse to own those devices for just one game]) Maybe by then, emulators will be of standard without requiring much power to run on the PC or  with even some sort of project to get PS3/Xbox OS's running on PC hardware.<---that would be neat wouldn't it? (don't tell me it's already been done XD)
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #359 on: May 31, 2011, 07:40:16 PM »
Given that if Rockstar doesn't consider PC as one of its platforms, I'm going to be one ticked GTA fan (because keyboards and mice are much easier to control with than those joysticks and lack of available buttons.[plus I refuse to own those devices for just one game]) Maybe by then, emulators will be of standard without requiring much power to run on the PC or  with even some sort of project to get PS3/Xbox OS's running on PC hardware.<---that would be neat wouldn't it? (don't tell me it's already been done XD)
Well, looks like my recent edit was a bit late!

Emulating the 360 and/or PS3 won't be too hard as long as the security system is cracked. It'll definitely take a quad-core or better to run them, though. The PS3's hypervisor has been breached at least once IIRC (hence the end to the Other OS feature >:( ), so PS3s running like PCs is more possible than the 360 doing the same ATM.

Back to GTA:
Another thing to note is which studio made the games - the main GTAs and their episodes were done by R* North and eventually ported to PC (though GTA IV's port was done by R* Toronto). By contrast R* San Diego was primarily behind RDR and assisted the Australian Team Bondi for LA Noire - neither got ports. The last game they made that got a PC port was Midnight Club II, which suggests that maybe they're not interested in ports. R* Leeds did GTA: LCS, VCS, and CTW, which had some assistance from North but remained on consoles (in the last case, handhelds + iOS). R* Toronto has been silent recently though, hinting at a PC port.
Bad command or file name