Author Topic: Touhou Grand Theft Auto  (Read 285154 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: Touhou Grand Theft Auto
« Reply #210 on: April 21, 2011, 07:55:27 PM »
Maybe you should introduce your RL friend to this forum website and then we could test a few things back and forth, who knows.
Eh, I guess. Though he isn't nearly as much into Touhou as most of us here are. Plus he doesn't have the PC version of GTA: SA yet, and hasn't really given the intent to get it either.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #211 on: April 21, 2011, 11:09:09 PM »
Eh, I guess. Though he isn't nearly as much into Touhou as most of us here are. Plus he doesn't have the PC version of GTA: SA yet, and hasn't really given the intent to get it either.

nVidia Melody supports .3ds, .obj, and .ply files. Too bad it didn't support many more, I'd just load one model and save it to a different format otherwise, haha.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:04:09 AM by Flinix »
Still using Windows XP in the year 2050
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #212 on: April 21, 2011, 11:31:11 PM »
Quote from: Flinix (deleted in editing, and paraphrased)
Does he plan on buying it?
From his hints at finding a place to get the files, well...probably not. Pretty bad idea too since Steam sells it rather decently (even though the exec needs to be changed to a V1 one - but even then it still runs from the Steam launcher)
EDIT: Thanks for the note on Melody. This makes things tough since many of the models I got also came in MQOs for originals.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:03:43 AM by Okuu's ~ wait, WHAT Photo Lab? »
Bad command or file name

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #213 on: April 21, 2011, 11:46:19 PM »
(BTW, what's with the ICH edits? Is this an attempt at German? From what little I do know of it, it seems incorrect grammatically speaking.)
(Edit: Oh, Japanese. That'd be ichi instead)

Model import progress - yeah, only two were replaced (giant Patchy-bot -> Patchaev, no-texture Aya -> Sgt. Nitori) so far. The rest was spent beating puzzles made by devious AIs.

EDIT on Steam (also deleted in edit - was expressing criticism against "get-broken-game-there-patch-it-elsewhere"): Two words: supporting developers. They made the game, and while it may be broken, one IMO should give credit where it's due if they get their money's worth out of it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:07:38 AM by Okuu's ~ wait, WHAT Photo Lab? »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #214 on: April 21, 2011, 11:56:21 PM »
(BTW, what's with the ICH edits? Is this an attempt at German? From what little I do know of it, but it seems incorrect.)
(Edit: Oh, Japanese. That'd be ichi instead)

Model import progress - yeah, only two were replaced (giant Patchy-bot -> Patchaev, no-texture Aya -> Sgt. Nitori) so far. The rest was spent beating puzzles made by devious AIs.

EDIT on Steam: Two words: supporting developers. They made the game, and while it may be broken, one IMO should give credit where it's due if they get their money's worth out of it.
Oh, and I'd revert that second bit of the latest edit as well for potentially touching on sensitive subjects here.

Haha, I don't know a lot of Japanese as you can see. I never hear the last "i" in anime though, maybe I don't pay enough attention or the last "i" is just silent.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:00:13 AM by Flinix »
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2011, 12:01:12 AM »
Haha, I don't know a lot of Japanese as you can see. I never hear the last "i" in anime though, maybe I don't pay enough attention or the last "i" is just silent.
It's not often said in conversational Japanese but when writing is still in there.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:10:58 AM by Okuu's ~ wait, WHAT Photo Lab? »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2011, 12:07:17 AM »
It's not often said in conversational Japanese but when writing is still in there.

I am confused right now, what's going on?
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #217 on: April 22, 2011, 12:10:29 AM »
I am confused right now, what's going on?
In regards to this thread: Off-topic and we summoned the Edit Monster.
In regards to Japanese: there is no ch syllable in Japanese (Chi/ti is closest). The ending i is shortened in speech for colloquial reasons. Also helps them speak as fast as they do (compared to Korean and moreso US English, it's a bit hard to follow, and I'm a rather quick speaker....)
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #218 on: April 22, 2011, 12:16:19 AM »
In regards to this thread: Off-topic and we summoned the Edit Monster.
In regards to Japanese: there is no ch syllable in Japanese (Chi/ti is closest). The ending i is shortened in speech for colloquial reasons. Also helps them speak as fast as they do (compared to Korean and moreso US English, it's a bit hard to follow, and I'm a rather quick speaker....)

Edit monster, what in the world is an edit monster...stop confusing me...blows up in desu
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #219 on: April 22, 2011, 12:20:38 AM »
Edit monster, what in the world is an edit monster...stop confusing me...blows up in desu
You're not helping the issue by changing your avvy between Chen, Musou Kakyou Reimu, and now a donation-hungry Reimu.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #220 on: April 22, 2011, 12:25:37 AM »
You're not helping the issue by changing your avvy between Chen, Musou Kakyou Reimu, and now a donation-hungry Reimu.

I'm sorry, shall I stop posting for a little while. I never read forum rules when I first get to a forum website because I usually never stay as long as I have here, but I read a portion just now, in other words, oops.

Yeah, maybe I should hibernate from the site for a bit if I'm causing problems, sorry all

EDIT: What if I said I felt a little bad about staying though?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:37:19 AM by Flinix »
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2011, 12:27:55 AM »
Um, you don't exactly have to withdraw for a bit. Continue onwards, and just try to avoid the same next time.
Bad command or file name

pineyappled

« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2011, 12:51:35 AM »
Um, is it possible to set Patchybot as a player model?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2011, 12:57:24 AM »
It is. Go to the CLEO Skin loader menu (Q + E + TAB, though I use mouse wheel down instead of E due to keyboard wiring), select Normal Peds, and scroll down until you see WMYCON (IIRC). Select that and you have yourself Patchy-bot.

I never liked that model, though. It was funny but FAR too large and distracting from the other player models.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2011, 01:01:55 AM »

Looks like we have an Akita Neru on the board
私は本当にお金を必要とする

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2011, 01:06:55 AM »
It is. Go to the CLEO Skin loader menu (Q + E + TAB, though I use mouse wheel down instead of E due to keyboard wiring), select Normal Peds, and scroll down until you see WMYCON (IIRC). Select that and you have yourself Patchy-bot.

I never liked that model, though. It was funny but FAR too large and distracting from the other player models.

*Agrees with the fact that the model was too large and offsetting to the rest of the models.*  It would probably be neat if it were ever able to replace a car model and add joint movements so once in a great while, you see the bot running with traffic
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2011, 01:09:51 AM »
*Agrees with the fact that the model was too large and offsetting to the rest of the models.*  It would probably be neat if it were ever able to replace a car model and add joint movements so once in a great while, you see the bot running with traffic
One of the mods I saw but didn't download turned Remilia into an autobike, on that note.

The Patchy-bot was the first model I replaced - ended up with KCE's Patchaev (Patchy in tracksuit) instead. OK, so it doesn't look like a construction worker, but then again default Patchys tend to spawn in the same areas, so....
Also, with 20x population settings seeing a wall of bots is a little too much while lots of pedestrians are OK.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2011, 01:23:01 AM »
One of the mods I saw but didn't download turned Remilia into an autobike, on that note.

The Patchy-bot was the first model I replaced - ended up with KCE's Patchaev (Patchy in tracksuit) instead. OK, so it doesn't look like a construction worker, but then again default Patchys tend to spawn in the same areas, so....
Also, with 20x population settings seeing a wall of bots is a little too much while lots of pedestrians are OK.

We should have someone take screenshots of the game and the streets with each noticeable step in your modification. Playing with your 10x population seems like normal now.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #228 on: April 22, 2011, 01:38:40 AM »
We should have someone take screenshots of the game and the streets with each noticeable step in your modification. Playing with your 10x population seems like normal now.
Well, I can take snapshots myself for the most part but more helping hands doesn't hurt, right? Indeed it's hard to go back to default settings XD

Maybe this will come as the GTA Gensokyo: Ridiculously Absurd Edition or the sort.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:50:26 AM by Okuu's ~ wait, WHAT Photo Lab? »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #229 on: April 22, 2011, 01:51:07 AM »
Well, I can take snapshots myself for the most part. Indeed it's hard to go back to default settings XD

Maybe this will come as the GTA Gensokyo: Ridiculously Absurd Edition or the sort.

I like that name XD Currently doing the Smash and Boom Carmageddon combo right now. Have you done that yet?
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #230 on: April 22, 2011, 02:23:14 AM »
I like that name XD Currently doing the Smash and Boom Carmageddon combo right now. Have you done that yet?
Tried it, and found it quite funny!

OK, enough thinking with portals, it's time to get those mods installed! (Also helps that it's a long weekend, whoooo!)
Starting with the CLEO extra skins...so far success! But I have to figure out how to rearrange them, or they will be sorted by insertion time, and after the Rinnosuke model (last one in list).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:55:32 AM by Okuu's ~ wait, WHAT Photo Lab? »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #231 on: April 22, 2011, 03:07:05 AM »
Tried it, and found it quite funny!

OK, enough thinking with portals, it's time to get those mods installed! (Also helps that it's a long weekend, whoooo!)
Starting with the CLEO extra skins...so far success! But I have to figure out how to rearrange them, or they will be sorted by insertion time, and after the Rinnosuke model (last one in list).

I wish I had the time you had to mess with the files right now. My grandfather insists that I list his silver dollars on eBay, right in the middle of homework XD
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 03:17:36 AM by Flinix »
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #232 on: April 22, 2011, 03:41:16 AM »
I wish I had the time you had to mess with the files right now. My grandfather insists that I list his silver dollars on eBay, right in the middle of homework XD
Ouch.

But even though I have a long weekend it is filled with a 6-page politics paper and more importantly finals preparation. So I'm not sure how much I can put into this.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #233 on: April 22, 2011, 07:45:46 AM »
Ouch.

But even though I have a long weekend it is filled with a 6-page politics paper and more importantly finals preparation. So I'm not sure how much I can put into this.

HAHA!! After 5 days of trying to get this stupid function working...I finally got it. Giggity Giggity Goo! Now that the big part is out of the way, I can relax and play some Touhou GTA: Gensokyo City XD

I too have final exams to study, though I tend to procrastinate and study the last minute. I still do halfway decent even so. This is one busy weekend since I just remembered I have to work one lawn service job tomorrow...good thing its small and an easy 25 bucks.

For now, since it's almost 4a.m., I'm just going to sit in a car while flying at 200 mph in Touhou GTA for the rest of the night

EDIT ICHI: Damn it, I can't decide on an avi picture since I have SO MANY that I want to use all at the same time...grr
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 07:52:21 AM by Flinix »
私は本当にお金を必要とする

« Reply #234 on: April 22, 2011, 05:36:57 PM »
just like @Flinix i also play SA-MP i dont have any problems i just need to remove the whole CLEO folder to go online

2 screens

as u see the second pic has some load problems (only if u come with hydra xD)
for the rest everything works fine

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #235 on: April 22, 2011, 05:41:31 PM »
just like @Flinix i also play SA-MP i dont have any problems i just need to remove the whole CLEO folder to go online

2 screens

But without CLEO we don't have crazy Laevateinn madness and train summoning! Not to mention skin switching!

As Flinix suggested I'd have two installs, one Touhou and another SAMP.

Most servers aren't configured with the correct CLEO mods, so having that on hand will not go well with them. We're still trying to figure out MP with the full Touhou mod here.
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #236 on: April 22, 2011, 06:25:58 PM »
But without CLEO we don't have crazy Laevateinn madness and train summoning! Not to mention skin switching!

As Flinix suggested I'd have two installs, one Touhou and another SAMP.

Most servers aren't configured with the correct CLEO mods, so having that on hand will not go well with them. We're still trying to figure out MP with the full Touhou mod here.

We DO have Laevateinn madness and train summoning!, well not the train part as I've said earlier the actual spawning of the train crashes the game in SAMP. Skin switching would have to rely on the server when you choose your model to play as, then have a menu to choose a different skin in the middle of gameplay.

2 screens

Removing the CLEO folder wasn't necessary to play SAMP. The only files that cause SAMP to not work is the skin_o files. I just put them in a new folder inside the CLEO directory since they are required to change skins in offline mode. Because I leave the CLEO folder active, I can still fly, pull out a laevateinn, use gungnir, Non-Directional Lasers and a few more. People just can't see it nor does it actually effect other objects in game since the Touhou Mod isn't built into the filterscript files of the server I have played on.

So because we have another SAMP player here, what servers do you play on? My small list is:

1. )BlackTurbo's World of Looney Fun! - For some reason, I like San Fierro Airport in this server since it seems to be the only place people go to, plus its got lots of planes and I've always liked airplanes especially when there's a lot of people to shoot down XDDD
2. )Impluse99 - I got banned from this server recently though. I had always played with the Touhou mod in place. Then I decide to log in with my desktop and laptop so I could start testing whether or not having the mods yourself would work for the other player to see them and be affected by them. Turns out I got banned for "armor hacking" as soon as I logged in, when I did nothing different. Oh well
3. )GamerX 0.3c - This is my most played one since I like to race and there is active racing schedule on this server, plus there are a lot of good drivers in the races.

Percentage chance rate to get a reply from speedy105: 0.0000045% XD
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 12:06:47 AM by Flinix »
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #237 on: April 23, 2011, 12:09:53 AM »
Percentage chance rate to get a reply from speedy105: 0.0000045% XD
Surprisingly true.

As for the model insertion, it turns out that they are sorted by offset. Given that offsets are affected by insertion time, I guess this means I'll have to export the existing ones, arrange them, and create a new skin.img! Great!

EDIT: Made a post over in the MotK Council Meeting (RAVE/GBA) thread about the possibility of having an MotK SAMP server (albeit under Linux). This may ease things.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 12:33:10 AM by Okuu's ~ wait, WHAT Photo Lab? »
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #238 on: April 23, 2011, 07:35:08 AM »
Surprisingly true.

As for the model insertion, it turns out that they are sorted by offset. Given that offsets are affected by insertion time, I guess this means I'll have to export the existing ones, arrange them, and create a new skin.img! Great!

EDIT: Made a post over in the MotK Council Meeting (RAVE/GBA) thread about the possibility of having an MotK SAMP server (albeit under Linux). This may ease things.

Haha! If I knew where that was, that would help XD. I haven't navigated the site much more than this forum and a few others. Thank for helping start something

Sounds like a pain for the models. I guess patience is the key while doing this. Good thing I have the patience built from when I used to have dial-up two years ago.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #239 on: April 23, 2011, 07:42:14 AM »
Haha! If I knew where that was, that would help XD. I haven't navigated the site much more than this forum and a few others. Thank for helping start something

Sounds like a pain for the models. I guess patience is the key while doing this. Good thing I have the patience built from when I used to have dial-up two years ago.
Link to thread.

Models are even more of a pain. Found out a good way to get them imported:
(1) Import to skin.img via GTASA Ultimate Editor
(2) Rebuild
(3) Go to IMGTool and delete the extra spaces after the file name (that seems to cause model crashes)
(4) DON'T rebuild
(5) Test in GTA: SA
(6) Repeat PER MODEL (multiple imports crash CLEO Skin Switcher >.<)

...and this is just the testing bit! For the actual importing I'll have to make a new IMG if I want it in a particular order like I do now! GAH!

Was contemplating sleeping but I guess I'll continue model imports and tests a little more.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 07:43:58 AM by Okuu's ~ wait, WHAT Photo Lab? »
Bad command or file name