Author Topic: Mirai Nikki/ Future Diary Thread  (Read 3814 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Mirai Nikki/ Future Diary Thread
« on: December 29, 2010, 02:16:58 PM »
If you're  curious about the series, you can learn about it here

I figured since it recently ended, there might a little discussion about it.
EDIT: Okay, very well.

Personally I thought it was better then I expected, though I had low expectations to begin with(for reference, I was okay with how the most recent arc in Bleach had concluded. Ever since they revealed that
Spoiler:
you can't revive people and all that paralell universe stuff
, I thought it was to end worse than Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles(pretty confusing for those who have not read.) However, the ending was fairly simple and I feel like I know what happened. it wasn't perfect by any means, as people on other forums have said, it was a bit too happy, and certain things like
Spoiler:
infusing the 2nd Yuuno's memories with the 3rd Yunno
made me wonder...for lack of a better term, pushed my suspension of disbelief, it seemed
Spoiler:
the 3rd Yuuno's native memories would interfere, and it makes the 1st Yuuno's suicide pointless
. Then there's the fact that
Spoiler:
it takes 10,000 years into the future, showing that Yukki has done nothing but angst about Yuuno, shirking from his duties as god. I think it should only have been 1 year, or maybe a few weeks, I'm pretty sure it would have had the same impact. Yuuno's entrance was lulzy though, as random as it was I won't complain about that.It made the ending better, kind of like the fake ninja tank spoilers for naruto a while back.
I would have rather had Yukki
Spoiler:
pull a TTGL and have Yukki wander around the world and taking care as god doing what he was supposed to. Overall, the ending was okay, given my low expectations, for it could only be so good after
Spoiler:
the revelation that dead people have to stay dead.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 03:30:02 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Mirai Nikki/ Future Diary Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 02:18:21 PM »
Uh, if you want a discussion, start one. How about a little more information? What is it? What do you think of it? The OP as it is is pretty weak and thin.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 03:09:54 PM »
The ending wasn't too bad, but I thought that it could've been a bit better.

In case people are wondering.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 03:23:56 PM »
I'm just pretending the epilogue part didn't happen.  It angers me less that way.

After
Spoiler:
Akise
kicked the bucket it took a non-stop ticket to Crazytown, for worst in some cases alas.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 03:26:55 PM »
The ending wasn't too bad, but I thought that it could've been a bit better.

In case people are wondering.
[/quote

Pretty much. I felt that it dug itself into hole with the
Spoiler:
not being able to ressurect people,
, that it would be lucky to an ending that wasn't complete crap. I dropped it when one manga died.but I figured 5 chapters wasn't too much more to read

Also, I'll add the link into the OP.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Drake

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 09:29:44 PM »
I don't care what you guys say, I loved the majority of this series and the ending was good, despite there possibly being minor but intricate inconsistencies. It's quite understandable given the premise of the whole thing.

When it was suggested to me a while back, I read all of it. In a few sittings. Or at least, I thought I had and the last two chapters hadn't been released. Much rage.
This was a good end.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 12:29:56 AM »
I clicked on this topic, realised I'd seen a fanart of Yuno by FLIPFLOPS ages ago and decided to read the first few chapters. 5 hours later and I've finished the whole thing.

Yeah, really REALLY enjoyed it, despite the glaring flaws. When the two leads began tearing shit up together, I found myself in my long sought-after heaven of finding a story with
Spoiler:
two mass-murdering MC lovers who I really liked.
The writing/direction was incredibly awful at times, with some scenes making me wonder how any rational human being could've sat down and thought, "Yep, this'll do", but it held together when it mattered most so I'll do a Yuno and
Spoiler:
selectively remove the crappy parts from my memory.

The series was fairly bleak throughout, so I figured we'd be getting a bittersweet ending. For that reason, the only way I can make peace with the 'epilogue' is by believing that
Spoiler:
the survival game still went ahead in world 3, Yuno slaughtered everyone else in record time (hence Deus still being in one piece), was duly rewarded with god powers and then did the time/space warp to meet Yukki.
Alternatively, the chapter ended on page 35!

Well, at least it didn't end with a
Spoiler:
terrible Mai Hime style mass resurrection.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 12:36:52 AM by A Huge Battleship »