Author Topic: When you want/have to dress up all fancy-like, what do you do?  (Read 15141 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: When you want/have to dress up all fancy-like, what do you do?
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2010, 05:56:13 PM »
I dress up everyday, being a grownup sucks ;_;

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2010, 06:04:37 PM »
Attire in my office is business casual, but I'll suit up for meetings and whatnot if I deem it appropriate.

Kimchii

• Perfect Freeze
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2010, 10:14:13 PM »
I wear a white dress shirt with a clip-on black tie and black dress pants. For shoes I just wear black sneakers.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2010, 12:02:21 AM »
I'll coord you three proper ladylike outfits when I get home from school   ^.^
Zettai Ryouiki Reiddyne needs to happen btw

(also major jealousface, I have manly runner's legs  :getdown: )
It might happen. Emphasis on might though.

I run too! Still, it's distance and I run slow, so it just lead to toned legs. If I stretch out a bit without actually running, they look girlish.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2010, 12:37:25 AM »
Excuse me but....     :yumemi:  oh crap...

Ugh, I really want to get some more EGL stuff now.  T-T

I try to avoid cases where I have to dress up, because I have problems with it.  =/

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2010, 01:11:13 AM »
I have, like, one fancy dress shirt and some nice pants and a nice belt for those sort of occasions... which don't happen very often so... it's pretty rare I dress up-dress up. :V
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

PC

• riot pls nerf trondamere
  • poultry shout too strong
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2010, 01:56:59 AM »

I run too! Still, it's distance and I run slow, so it just lead to toned legs. If I stretch out a bit without actually running, they look girlish.

ohey your pretty pretty victorian maiden outfit is done- it's more of a classic/steampunk type style

Also might as in you have the legs to pull it off and want to do so, right? RIGHT

(Heh, I don't actually run that much, and when I do is either power sprinting or walk/jog type thing around neighborhood. No endurance skill whatsoever so no distance s-sob)

I try to avoid cases where I have to dress up, because I have problems with it.  =/
I hear ya, been doing nothing but looking at adorable unaffordable burando all night

D'awww, poor Momi  :ohdear:

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2010, 02:04:24 AM »
pinstripe long sleeve shirts with quarter length khakis and a nice pair of sandals

it says : I am rich, and I know where to hang my shit.
girls whores dig this, trust me.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Aliquantic

• Bose-Einstein condensate
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2010, 02:19:17 AM »
ohey your pretty pretty victorian maiden outfit is done- it's more of a classic/steampunk type style

I... I'm surprised to say that but I could actually wear that, despite not being keen at all on very cute clothes (despite being stuck with wearing clothes made or meant for people half my age a lot of the time, sigh). Well done, and thanks!  :3

(And I was a dancer and a runner, so I can sympathize with the big legs syndrome :ohdear: At least I can wear boots and still be able to actually move around...)

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2010, 04:33:22 AM »
I... Do not like dressing up. I don't even tend to like jeans, I hate anything that requires a belt, has zippers that are annoying to zip up or buttons that are tough to close (And for some reason EVERY SINGLE TIME zippers or buttons are on pants they're really annoying for me)

I usually wear T-shirts and sweat pants. And yes I have a preference for darker colors (LOL UR SO EMO yeah whatever) but I won't object to light ones unless they're of particularly annoying shades/tones/whatever the hell.

When I really have to dress up, I'll usually wear what is like... Still a t-shirt, but with a really awesome design on the front with lots of gold. And some dress pants which I don't even remember. Good luck getting me to anything that requires better than that.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2010, 12:30:06 PM »
Excuse me but....     :yumemi:  oh crap...

Hey, now. Just promise me if it does happen no one will get too frisky. I take the TV stuff very casually and with plenty of self humor and deprecation.

Call it plain (well, relatively speaking) but if I wound up in the goth loli stuff I would prefer the simple black/white scheme. Too many colors and designs look a bit too ridiculous.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2010, 01:46:13 PM »
I'm a Scot, so I wear a kilt.
Kilts are awesome and manly things.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2010, 11:23:49 PM »
I... put on a skirt, I guess?

Actually, this is a problem, because my big sister (not by blood) is having her wedding in a few weeks and I don't know what to wear aaaaaaaaaa :(((((((((((((((((

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2010, 11:26:40 PM »
I... put on a skirt, I guess?

Actually, this is a problem, because my big sister (not by blood) is having her wedding in a few weeks and I don't know what to wear aaaaaaaaaa :(((((((((((((((((

a tux, obviously

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2010, 11:30:56 PM »
Oh god I would freaking love that

Unfortunately this is a very traditional wedding thrown by conservative Southern Baptists who will probably take a girl in a tuxedo as a sign of the antichrist coming forth and overturning every gender role known to man :<

I don't want to hijack the thread, but this has been on my mind for a while :ohdear:

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2010, 11:50:09 PM »
Unfortunately this is a very traditional wedding thrown by conservative Southern Baptists who will probably take a girl in a tuxedo as a sign of the antichrist coming forth and overturning every gender role known to man :<
Too bad, I was going to say.... the only way you should go is......   AYA SHAMEIMARURO, ACE PHOTOGRAPHER  ~<3

Matsuri

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2010, 12:57:00 AM »
Too bad, I was going to say.... the only way you should go is......   AYA SHAMEIMARURO, ACE PHOTOGRAPHER  ~<3

The best answer.

Seriously though, how bad would it be to wear women's formal clothes? I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with conservative Southern Baptists, but I mean come on, do they expect you to wear a dress or something? >_o

As for myself, the way I dress on a daily basis is nice enough to wear to wear to church or someplace a little more formal than college, but still casual enough for me to be comfortable wearing it. I suppose for more formal occasions I'll dress a little nicer than that, but that's so very rare.

I totally wouldn't mind wearing a tuxedo and a cape sometime. :>

though I suppose it's worth mentioning that if I know for sure that I'm not leaving the house for a day, I'll simply wear my pajamas all day

i have no shame in that :<
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 12:58:51 AM by Satori Komatsuri »

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2010, 07:34:08 AM »
My school's dress code requires formal attire, so a normal day at school for me would be khakis, dress shoes, and tucked-in button-down/polo shirt or a sweater. It sounds like a drag at first but I'm used to it by now so I barely even notice. On super-important dressup days, blue blazer + khakis + white dress shirt + navy tie.

Other than that, I'm generally in a t-shirt, sneakers, and jeans/shorts depending on the weather. For a night out though, it's pretty hard to go wrong with unbuttoned button-down shirt over a matching undershirt + jeans. :3

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2010, 02:24:09 PM »
though I suppose it's worth mentioning that if I know for sure that I'm not leaving the house for a day, I'll simply wear my pajamas all day

i have no shame in that :<

My dad gives me crap and teases me with "you finally going to wake up yet?" when I do that.  Why bother getting out of your super comfy PJs if you don't plan on leaving the house that day?

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

TakuTaku

• Currently Incognito
  • I'm always losing to win
    • ah.
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2010, 05:08:10 PM »
My dad gives me crap and teases me with "you finally going to wake up yet?" when I do that.  Why bother getting out of your super comfy PJs if you don't plan on leaving the house that day?

I forget to bathe when I do this.

DevArt | Twitter
freelance artist looking for work

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2010, 05:53:10 PM »
I usually wear what I would if I go out somewhere important (only if it's REALLY important, I won't wear jeans). This being said, I practically dress up everyday unless you count winter time when I wear a fleece 3 times out of the week when I go out.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

PC

• riot pls nerf trondamere
  • poultry shout too strong
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2010, 08:20:12 PM »
I totally wouldn't mind wearing a tuxedo and a cape sometime. :>
you can never go wrong with top hat, pocketwatch, and monocle combo. Never.

Also I love pajamas, the last few days have been really cold so I've been coming straight home from school and changing into warm fuzzy EVERYTHING <3 (teehee it's not like I leave the house for anything besides that anyway).

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2010, 10:18:05 PM »
Black suit, white dress shirt, black silk tie.

Snazzy.

I really need some new ties, though.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2010, 08:23:23 PM »
you can never go wrong with top hat, pocketwatch, and monocle combo. Never.

Now now, Luke, a true gentleman knows that every puzzle has an answer!
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.