Author Topic: The Yugioh 5Ds topic  (Read 6209 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
The Yugioh 5Ds topic
« on: October 10, 2010, 02:25:37 AM »
because no one can resist card games on motorcycles.

Recently, we got a new theme song, and once again it's by Masaki Endoh!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ4aimzheNc

Things seem to be reaching their climax. What do you think the match ups will be?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Re: The Yugioh 5Ds topic
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 03:52:04 AM »
BELIEVE IN NEEEEEEXUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 05:44:23 AM »
Can't we have a general Yugioh thread? I'd rather not talk about an anime that Masaki Endoh was forced upon.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 01:02:48 PM »
VAGI-

I mean CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!!!

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 01:47:48 PM »
Love this series but haven't seen the last 5 episodes or so. Still amazed at how OP the Polar Star Gods are.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 02:22:14 PM »
Can't we have a general Yugioh thread? I'd rather not talk about an anime that Masaki Endoh was forced upon.

Well, TSO said one anime per thread. Depends on whether she considers DM, GX, 5Ds the same series or not.

Love this series but haven't seen the last 5 episodes or so. Still amazed at how OP the Polar Star Gods are.

They ranged from awesome to lulzy, it's worth watching IMO. The Gods arent that OP, unless your talking in series.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 03:29:55 PM »
They ranged from awesome to lulzy, it's worth watching IMO. The Gods arent that OP, unless your talking in series.

If you mean what they do in the anime, that's what I mean; I don't play the card game irl so I don't know what the cards do there.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 03:31:36 PM »
If you mean what they do in the anime, that's what I mean; I don't play the card game irl so I don't know what the cards do there.
Basically in the actual card game they nerfed them hardcore.

Still even if they still had thier show powers they wouldn't be broken compared to the real broken cards out there (asdofishfoiKRISTYA AND HONEST GO DIE IN A FIRE)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 05:14:48 PM »
Basically in the actual card game they nerfed them hardcore.

Still even if they still had thier show powers they wouldn't be broken compared to the real broken cards out there (asdofishfoiKRISTYA AND HONEST GO DIE IN A FIRE)
But sacking a HoP/Christia lock is so funny. I did that to a Hopless player and he just scooped. Seriously though, they wouldn't be that overpowered. Thanks to Stardust, every deck worth it's salt has an alternative way of getting rid of things that doesn't involve destroying. Most would rather synchro this piece of overpoweredness anyway.

btw, what rarity do you think Team Taiyo's cards will be at when they are released. It'd be funny if they were Ultra rare. Even funnier if they were common in the OCG and then bumped to Ultra in the TCG(I'm not letting that go.)

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 11:22:53 PM »
Most would rather synchro this piece of overpoweredness anyway.

I'm an MtG player and can tell that card is ridiculous. 2-for-1 before you even attack with it?
Quote from Myosotis:

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 11:27:55 PM »
I'm an MtG player and can tell that card is ridiculous. 2-for-1 before you even attack with it?
lol not 2 for 1

3 for 1 :smug:

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 02:27:04 AM »

You have no fing idea. Imagine having to deal with 3 of these in one turn(on the 1st or 2nd turn ,no less.) You now have a good picture of last format.

This is a video a of a guy summoning it 5 times first turn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6uFGHG4mFM
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 02:34:34 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 02:45:19 AM »
You have no fing idea. Imagine having to deal with 3 of these in one turn(on the 1st or 2nd turn ,no less.) You now have a good picture of last format.

This is a video a of a guy summoning it 5 times first turn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6uFGHG4mFM
The best(worst) part of that deck is that it can freely interchange to FTK mode :smug:

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 02:48:22 AM »
lol, but enough of the card game, this is supposed to be about the anime. The next episode I heard is supposed to be clip show. Also, Carly has a different voice actress.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 02:59:36 AM »
I picked up the show part way though (and by that I mean episode 120ish :V)

Apparently it looks like the Machine emperors have parts or something? I wonder if they're gonna stick to that for the final battle or if they've powered up and will only use the full form with unnerfed powers.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 03:06:45 AM »
I picked up the show part way though (and by that I mean episode 120ish :V)

Apparently it looks like the Machine emperors have parts or something? I wonder if they're gonna stick to that for the final battle or if they've powered up and will only use the full form with unnerfed powers.

You should watch it from the begining.
The consensus is that episodes 1-65 or so were the best in the series.

You remember the armour cards from the Doma arc? The machine emperors are like that, except not as manly because the duelist doesn't wear them.  Judging from the theme song,
Spoiler:
It seems they're going to fuse into one big emperor

Is there a shortcut for spoiler tags, typing them is annoying.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 03:14:47 AM »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 11:33:54 PM »
uh yeah I'll pass :V
I wonder if it sounds better as the fortune cup arc and the dark signer arc. :/

*currently under repair*