Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 ~ The Genius of Sappheiros -- Translation Thread  (Read 122326 times)

Kirin

• Fallen Angel
  • I, the Fallen Angel, will knock you all down!
Re: 東方蒼神縁起 ~ The Genius of Sappheiros -- Translation Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2010, 06:28:12 AM »
And so, we have the updated versions of map_roma.csv and map_trans.csv, now in shiny new v1.06 format.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2010, 06:40:46 PM »
And so, we have the updated versions of map_roma.csv and map_trans.csv, now in shiny new v1.06 format.
Title post updated. I'll probably make an edited version combining content from both tables and ask everyone how it is before finalizing it.

Is that fine with you?
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2010, 01:27:33 AM »
All right, here you go. I just made a new column and put my translations there. Change terms as you see fit.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ul66d4

Kirin

• Fallen Angel
  • I, the Fallen Angel, will knock you all down!
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2010, 01:54:35 AM »
Title post updated. I'll probably make an edited version combining content from both tables and ask everyone how it is before finalizing it.

Is that fine with you?

No worries. Go ahead.

« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2010, 11:05:34 AM »
SCN0101 ported to .csv, and SCN0201 done.

I'll try to keep this updated with each file as I finish them (except maybe for the really small ones).

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2010, 07:12:46 PM »
Sorry for the delay. Somewhere along the line MotK stopped notifying me of replies.

Anyway, here's the updated condtable: http://sce.inkwash.net/uploads/misc/condtable-openoffice.ods
From the change list Choja sent me, it doesn't look like the linetable was changed at all, so that should be fine with the version I already posted……

Is there a change list for the item table? I'd really rather not have to redo that whole thing.

Also
dfe.csv http://sce.inkwash.net/uploads/misc/dfe.csv
let.csv http://sce.inkwash.net/uploads/misc/let.csv
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 08:04:32 PM by Nazerine »

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2010, 10:44:42 PM »
Sorry for the delay. Somewhere along the line MotK stopped notifying me of replies.

Is there a change list for the item table? I'd really rather not have to redo that whole thing.
Nah, it's okay. Anyways, here are the diff lists.

1.04 -> 1.05:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?n7q73u4t717aou7

1.05 -> 1.06:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ohl4lrh5hk636a5

Will post Kirin's table, Forza's table, Deranged's table, and your tables in the title post.

Also will send csv tables to hacking fairy after I get home from college and make another preliminary translation patch (this time, going for character length and typeface aestheticism). If you have the game and you want to test it, PM me with the subject GOS PRE-ENG2 and when I get the patch, I'll PM it to you (BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP). In Kirin's tables case, I will be using the literal version to test the main purpose of this patch.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2010, 11:39:41 PM »
hey which new item.csv should i do now

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2010, 12:14:35 AM »
hey which new item.csv should i do now
PM me your 1.04/1.05 current table and I'll PM you back the 1.06 table and the 1.06 original table.

Spoiler:
yeah i know
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 12:16:12 AM by Nat Tea »
Horie dorie~

N-Forza

« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2010, 02:07:11 AM »
In progress? At least as far as my involvement, I'm done with my tables.

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2010, 02:07:50 AM »
Alright, I've just received a rather large load of scripts from my ECO project, which means I'll now be a bit busy. Neither one is taking priority at the moment for me, but I'm looking at the 1.06 tables right now. I'll try to do a bit of both if there's no rush for it right now. But I might have to let go of the monster.csv script until I finish the abilities.csv. If anyone wants to pick that up before I get around to it, feel free.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2010, 02:14:00 AM »
In progress? At least as far as my involvement, I'm done with my tables.
Yeah, uh I haven't changed the title post yet, ahaha.

I am running sort of late!
Horie dorie~

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2010, 05:45:56 AM »
Deranged's tables are now updated on the title post. Thank you, Deranged!

Nazerine's tables are now updated on the title post. Thank you, Nazerine!

N-Forza's tables are now updated on the title post. Thank you, N-Forza!

Syanas: Okay, I have opened up the slot for monster.csv at your request.

Tomorrow, I'll upload System.7z and System.rar (the System folder of Image because that's the only stuff that needs editing, actually).

EDIT:
I SOUND LIKE A ROBOT.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 10:01:11 AM by Nat Tea »
Horie dorie~

Just a GBZero

• <Kaisou> ...Yeah, kinda small, but I think it works...
  • Too much manga now means not enough manga
« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2010, 10:35:21 AM »
I'm up for the image editing, but cant translate them.  Currently I am isolating the files needed to be translated, so if anyone needs them just ask.  Or I may just post them when I finish,

Edit: Finished with the isolation of files needed to be translated, only one question I have, should the stuff in the weapon folder be translated, mainly because I'm not sure if its in game itself, or just for the developers.

Edit 2: There is a bit of stuff outside the system folder that needs to be translated, but not much
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 10:45:35 AM by GBZero »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2010, 11:00:07 AM »
I'm up for the image editing, but cant translate them.  Currently I am isolating the files needed to be translated, so if anyone needs them just ask.  Or I may just post them when I finish,

Apparently you didn't read the opening post

The image packs are already available

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2010, 11:07:19 AM »

Edit: Finished with the isolation of files needed to be translated, only one question I have, should the stuff in the weapon folder be translated, mainly because I'm not sure if its in game itself, or just for the developers.

Edit 2: There is a bit of stuff outside the system folder that needs to be translated, but not much
First note: No, do not edit the names in the pictures in the weapon folder, they don't do anything except signify if a character cannot use that weapon. The only way a player can see those is if they hack the game to allow characters to equip unusable weapon types.

Second note: The only things outside the system folder that I know requires translating and editing is Aya's dialogue balloons. If there's anything else you found, list out the filenames.
Horie dorie~

Just a GBZero

• <Kaisou> ...Yeah, kinda small, but I think it works...
  • Too much manga now means not enough manga
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2010, 11:14:51 AM »
Did a full tree for the files.  Look at attached txt file.  Most notable is the 99_フィールド folder in the object_01 folder, which is located in the character folder.

Also I uploaded the stuff as of now, in 7z and rar formats, as the style in the opening post
7z http://www.mediafire.com/?3ebdnbsk839j6q7
rar http://www.mediafire.com/?zwwzbyftun2jzx6
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 11:21:57 AM by GBZero »

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2010, 11:23:55 AM »
Did a full tree for the files.  Look at attached txt file.  Most notable is the 99_フィールド folder in the object_01 folder, which is located in the character folder.
Well, you've got me there, but that's the only spot you've got me. No idea what that's doing outside of System, actually.

Oh right, here. Hacking fairy only sent me the last three files, but it's just something to know:
_Img is the 1.04 version images, Img is the 1.05 images. 'only in _Img' means the file has been deleted (or is a relic from a mistake in my extractor), 'only in Img' means the file was added. 'Differ' means just that.

-----------------------------------------
Only in _Img/Img/Character/event/009_さとり: 009_20.png
Only in _Img/Img/Character/event/010_妖夢: 010_60.png
Only in _Img/Img/Character/event/010_妖夢: 010_ダッシュ用煙_右向き.png
Only in _Img/Img/Character/event/010_妖夢: 010_ダッシュ用煙_左向き.png
Only in _Img/Img/Character/event/010_妖夢: 010_弧月ジャンプ.png
Only in _Img/Img/Character/event/010_妖夢: 010_弧月接地.png
Only in _Img/Img/Character/event: 011妹紅
Only in _Img/Img/Character/event/083_阿求: 083_険しい顔の歩行絵の.png
Files Img/Img/Character/object_01/07_魔法陣/Object_301回復魔方陣.png and _Img/Img/Character/object_01/07_魔法陣/Object_301回復魔方陣.png differ
Only in Img/Img/Character/object_01/07_魔法陣: Object_302回復魔方陣02.png
Files Img/Img/Chipset/000/GUIDELINE.png and _Img/Img/Chipset/000/GUIDELINE.png differ
Files Img/Img/Chipset/20_汎用ダンジョン/MAP_21a_汎用洞窟壁赤.png and _Img/Img/Chipset/20_汎用ダンジョン/MAP_21a_汎用洞窟壁赤.png differ
Only in Img/Img/Chipset/20_汎用ダンジョン: MAP_21a_汎用洞窟壁赤作業用.png
Files Img/Img/Chipset/20_汎用ダンジョン/MAP_21b_汎用洞窟階段赤.png and _Img/Img/Chipset/20_汎用ダンジョン/MAP_21b_汎用洞窟階段赤.png differ
Files Img/Img/Chipset/20_汎用ダンジョン/MAP_21c_汎用洞窟赤地面.png and _Img/Img/Chipset/20_汎用ダンジョン/MAP_21c_汎用洞窟赤地面.png differ
Only in _Img/Img/System/Menu: FingerCursor.png
Only in _Img/Img/System/Menu: Formation_Cursor.png
Only in _Img/Img/System/Menu: Grow_00.png
Only in _Img/Img/System/Menu: Grow_A_LR.png
Only in _Img/Img/System/Menu: Grow_B_cmd.png
Only in _Img/Img/System/Menu: Grow_B_slot.png
Only in _Img/Img/System/Menu: Grow_C_gage.png
Only in _Img/Img/System/Menu: Grow_C_shadow.png
Only in _Img/Img/System/Menu: Grow_C_ya.png
Only in _Img/Img/System/Menu: Grow_D_bg.png
Only in _Img/Img/System/Menu: Grow_D_carabp.png
Only in _Img/Img/System/Menu: Grow_etc.png
Only in _Img/Img/System/Menu: Grow_shadow.png
Files Img/Img/System/Menu/Serv2_00.png and _Img/Img/System/Menu/Serv2_00.png differ
Files Img/Img/System/Menu/Serv3_00.png and _Img/Img/System/Menu/Serv3_00.png differ
Files Img/Img/System/Menu/Serv4_00.png and _Img/Img/System/Menu/Serv4_00.png differ
-----------------------------------------

Everything listed is either files that no longer exist or aren't relevent to translations, with the exception of the last three. So here's the last 3 files mentioned.

Also sent a package of csvs to hacking fairy.

N-Forza: Oof. Missing \n's in your msg_help.csv table.

One more thing:

<mauve> oh.
<mauve> by the way
<NaturallyOccurringChoja> ?
<mauve> http://www26.atwiki.jp/touhou_souzin/pages/70.html <- this page is useful to the translators since it describes references and such
<mauve> while a lot of them are kind of obvious and durrrrr
<mauve> (this is from final fantasy!)
<mauve> some of them might be useful.

Going to sleep. Will be back in say 10 to 12 hours.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 11:26:55 AM by Nat Tea »
Horie dorie~

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2010, 12:05:29 PM »
You know, rereading the references page again, I just realized some fun things.

ネイリング is romanized as "Nairing," but it actually was supposed to read "N?gling," the sword given to Beowulf by the Hro?gar after the defeat of Grendel's mother. Incidentally, the reference page states that Beowulf used N?gling in the fight against the dragon. I don't actually remember if this was the case, as it's literally been years since I last read the epic. Hmm.

オートクレール, romanized "Ootokureeru," is the "Hauteclere," the sword of knight Olivier in The Song of Roland. The references page, for some reason, likens the Hauteclere to the Alondite. I'm not even so sure how The Song of Roland relates to Arthurian myth, anyway.

マイトスタッフ, a really early staff weapon that grant a lot of ATK for the time you could get it, is the Might Staff. It's very much based on the RO weapon of the same name, which granted an insanely high ATK boost but forced all your attacks to use 1 SP.

オーガーキラー and ルーンアクス, "Ogre Killer" and "Rune Axe" respectively, are tagged as "Same name as an FF weapon?" In fact, the former, Ogre Killer, is the Ogre Axe weapon found in the original SaGa games, whereas the Rune Axe is a commonplace Square weapon, found both in some FF games and some SaGa games.

シウコアトル is romanized "Shiukoatoru," which can be loosely translated to "Xiuhcoatl," the spiritual form of the Aztec deity of fire, Xiuhtecuhtli. It was a serpentine dragon that is commonly titled the "Turquoise Serpent."

屠殺者, or "Slaughterer," was a title bestowed to the spear Areadbhar, which in turn was the name given to the spear of Lugh's, "Gae Assal," in a certain narrative. The spear itself was taken from the Persian King Pisear.

Lots of enemy references, too.

There's an enemy named Medea (メディア), though one might think this was based on Greek mythology, it's actually based on Fate/stay night's Caster, whose true name was Medea.

There are Oliphaunts and Ents that show up as encounters too. Obviously, they were drawn from Tolkien's Lord of the Rings.

Lots of enemy graphics were inspired from Gegege Kitarou, too. The "Master" (達人) enemy is based off Haborym from Tactics Ogre, and just like him, it uses petrification attacks. Hell's Guard was inspired from three things: Pet Shop from JJBA, Horus the Black Flame Dragon from the YGO card game and also Compulsory Evacuation Device also from the YGO card game.

...And a shitton of skill references too, I'm not surprised!

« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2010, 02:51:51 PM »
SCN0211, SCN0301 and SCN0302 done. SCN0302 is basically the first part of SCN0301 with a few different lines.

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2010, 03:23:10 PM »
@Hime:
The item names are literally loaded with this stuff--I think my favorite's still the Mambele.
Also, oh, that's N?gling? Well dang. Icelandic messing up my generic Germanic and telling me that would be written ナイリング, not ネイリング. Fixed that :T

Edit: oh, I completely forgot! In one of the files I posted yesterday, there's something which claims to be both strong against magic and weak against magic. Which is exactly what it says in Japanese, just there, the first one is spelled with the full compound, and the second is spelled with just one character……my guess is that the first means spells and the second means magic-element attacks, but I really don't know.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 03:32:20 PM by Nazerine »

« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2010, 04:17:05 PM »
Edit: oh, I completely forgot! In one of the files I posted yesterday, there's something which claims to be both strong against magic and weak against magic. Which is exactly what it says in Japanese, just there, the first one is spelled with the full compound, and the second is spelled with just one character??my guess is that the first means spells and the second means magic-element attacks, but I really don't know.

Not entirely sure if these are it, but sounds like the item you're referring to means "strong against magic (魔法)" and "weak against mystic (魔)", where mystic is one of the elements in the game.

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2010, 04:21:18 PM »
That's it exactly--thanks. This makes things a little awkward, as I have been translating "mystic" as "magic"????

(which is why I've been asking for a list of the standard translations for these things since the start of the project)

N-Forza

« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2010, 10:35:58 PM »
I didn't put /ns in my translation because I didn't know where they would parse in the text boxes in the game, and I figured it would be better left to the tester or whoever.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2010, 03:18:29 AM »
This is me being silly. This is me being silly and stupid.

Here's the message I sent to hacking fairy:
item.csv:
Whoops. I rushed that table and I thought that the Unicode characters would convert to SJIS. I transferred both item and skill tables from 1.04. Skills worked fine, but some items have a weird format thing in their description.

music.csv:
That was not intentional, I might have messed it up somewhere. Sorry about that.

Dialogue:
For right now, I've encountered four points where the game will inadvertedly crash after the mentioned line is said:
1) SCN0101.csv - "Yeesh... When it's this\nhot, I don't feel like doing\nany work at all..." (Reimu)
2) SCN0101.csv - "Whew..." (Reimu)
3) SCN0201.csv - "Wah!?" (Meiling)
4) SCN0201.csv - "Let's get rid of this run-down\ndoghouse and move onwards." (Reimu)

The unedited dialogue scenes work fine, but the translated files have a sort of a problem. Any ideas?

---

Anyways, here's some pictures:
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/5015/growth000012.png - Dialogue file crashes after this line.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1158/growth000013.png - No paragraph breaks, testing length of a single line.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8509/growth000014.png - No balloon.
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5640/growth000015.png - No balloon.
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/723/growth000016.png - No balloon.
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2155/growth000017.png - No balloon.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/1173/growth000018.png - Grammar error. There's another for "its".

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4391/growth000019.png - No balloon.
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3408/growth000020.png - Balloon goes past the window border. Paragraph break?

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/7416/growth000022.png - Item translation test.
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/771/growth000023.png - Item translation test.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7686/growth000024.png - Proper help book test with paragraph breaks.
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/421/growth000026.png - Status effect message stretches outside balloon.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7130/growth000028.png - Proper help book test with paragraph breaks.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9069/growth000031.png - Skill translation test.
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1601/growth000032.png - Skill translation test.
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5339/growth000033.png - Skill translation test.
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6200/growth000034.png - Skill translation test.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8866/growth000035.png - Item translation problem.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/453/growth000036.png - Item translation + alchemy test.
Horie dorie~

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2010, 05:45:56 AM »
Just wanted to stop by and thank everyone for their hard work.

:3

« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2010, 02:13:42 PM »
SCN0401, 0501 and 0601 done. Satori's always good for some laughs.

Although I didn't explicitly mention it, feel free to edit my scripts and such, especially for grammatical errors/typos; I'm sure those aren't the only ones that are present.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2010, 03:28:25 AM »
Hey Deranged, the game seems to have a major problem that causes it to crash.

From hacking fairy:
The problem seems to be that the game IS using commas. I modified the srsdb file directly with a hex editor. Changed the line "W-Wait, you're not going\nto fool me like that!" to "W-Wait. you're not going\nto fool me like that!" (Yes, the full string was present. It is not being cut off.) and it got past that crash. It then crashed at "I will not allow intruders\nto advance beyond this point,\neven if it's you all!". Changing the first line to "W-Wait\, you're not going\nto fool me like that!" (e.g. an escaped comma) didn't fix it.

I have no idea why it is crashing on those lines with commas and not other lines with commas. Using a full-width comma might fix it, but I don't know the Shift-JIS code for one (if it even exists).

In other words, the game, not the converter, is using the commas inside the dialogue to make new cells for columns that obviously don't exist, thus crashing the game. Any ideas on how to circumvent this?
Horie dorie~

« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2010, 04:05:04 AM »
In other words, the game, not the converter, is using the commas inside the dialogue to make new cells for columns that obviously don't exist, thus crashing the game. Any ideas on how to circumvent this?

Does it always crash on the same lines with commas? If it does, and they're few enough in number, they can probably be rephrased to remove it, although it'll take some serious playtesting. I could use Japanese ascii commas instead of normal ones (、) but it probably would look weird with English text.

Translating everything from now on to not have any commas whatsoever... might be a bit unreasonable, but if its there's no other solutions, I'm probably willing to stick to it.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2010, 06:01:30 AM »
Does it always crash on the same lines with commas? If it does, and they're few enough in number, they can probably be rephrased to remove it, although it'll take some serious playtesting. I could use Japanese ascii commas instead of normal ones (、) but it probably would look weird with English text.

Translating everything from now on to not have any commas whatsoever... might be a bit unreasonable, but if its there's no other solutions, I'm probably willing to stick to it.
Yes, that last resort option is really unreasonable!

And yes, the game does crash on the same lines. Here's the pictures I emailed to hacking fairy inquiring about it.

SCN0101.csv
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8633/growth000038.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2526/growth000039.jpg

SCN0201.csv
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/6282/growth000041.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7022/growth000042.jpg
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2549/growth000040.jpg
Game crashes at Line 54.
Horie dorie~