Author Topic: You know what tomorrow is right?  (Read 60695 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
You know what tomorrow is right?
« on: April 20, 2010, 01:23:20 PM »
One year anniversary of MotK 3.0 - Drug Dealing Dingo. What we do will depend on how much of a nap I get when I get home.

What should we do?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:05:36 PM by Black★Ruro Shooter »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Matsuri

Re: You know what tomorrow is right?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 01:37:35 PM »
I'll see if I can't come up with anything.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:24:14 PM by Matsuri♡Sakuragi »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 01:46:41 PM »
Make the logo legible.

Allow embedded YouTube for the day in one thread. You could announce it by starting the thread.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 01:53:36 PM »
Make the logo legible.

Looks fine to me?

Matsuri

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »
Allow embedded YouTube for the day in one thread. You could announce it by starting the thread.

First person to RickRoll/McRoll gets Unfunnied for a month. :P

Tengukami

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 01:58:12 PM »
This is what I see:

Knowing the place is called "Maidens of the Kaleidoscope" already, I can pretty much make out those words in the logo. But at first glance, it's really hard to tell.

I would eliminate the glowing white horizontal line running through all the letters in the name. The star behind "THE" is fine.

Then again it could be my eyes.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 02:20:08 PM »
Make the logo legible.

Talk to Gap, she's the mastermind.

No.  The permissions required to embed Youtube requires me to give people the rights to write raw HTML, and like hell am I going to let that happen.  Even if I could limit it to one thread (which I could by making a subforum just for it, but that's a lot of work), you can do some horrible things with raw HTML rights.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 02:23:27 PM by ♪ Yagami Hayate ♫ »

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 02:53:39 PM »
Change the board font to Hymnos.

Nothing can possibly go wrong.

Alternately, make everything Nanoha-themed. :]

EDIT: Ahahaha, I have an idea. Make a fake "Board Room" and pretend there's some horrible glitch that makes it so that we can't make it invisible to our regular members, and give them a taste of what we talk about: deep and scintillating conversations about Nanoha, Pangya, or something else, with absolutely no work getting done.

Or change the board theme to swaying palm tree .gif files and get an MSPaint version of the same logo. Whatever works, really.

Tengukami

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 03:02:47 PM »
Set up a Stickam window at the top of a thread and go on cam, while people post in thread. You could respond to them on cam.

Barring that, embed a MIDI version of "Beloved Tomboyish Daughter" as autoloading background music for the site, refreshed every time someone clicks a link.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 03:10:35 PM »
Talk to Gap, she's the mastermind.

She made a fixed one and posted it. It's been sitting here for literally two weeks.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:08:16 PM by Black★Ruro Shooter »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 03:15:31 PM »
She made a fixed one and posted it in her farewell post. It's been sitting there for literally two weeks.

I know, and his pestering reminded me to replace it (which I have).  But he's complaining about the line itself making the title hard to read.

Change the board font to Hymnos.

Nothing can possibly go wrong.

Alternately, make everything Nanoha-themed. :]

EDIT: Ahahaha, I have an idea. Make a fake "Board Room" and pretend there's some horrible glitch that makes it so that we can't make it invisible to our regular members, and give them a taste of what we talk about: deep and scintillating conversations about Nanoha, Pangya, or something else, with absolutely no work getting done.

Or change the board theme to swaying palm tree .gif files and get an MSPaint version of the same logo. Whatever works, really.

Nanoha <3 <3 <3
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 03:20:36 PM by ♪ Yagami Hayate ♫ »

Tengukami

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 03:18:34 PM »
I'm sorry, pestering?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 03:19:03 PM »
No embedding videos. It'd be nice to be able to load the page without lag.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 03:21:23 PM »

Tengukami

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 03:21:46 PM »
No embedding videos. It'd be nice to be able to load the page without lag.

Yeah, that idea already isn't going to happen anyway, so your dial-up is safe from clogging.

Also, I wasn't "complaining" about the logo so much as pointing out what I see might need fixing about it, but whatever. Not a deal breaker for me.

Also also, if you do go with swaying palmtree gifs and Comic Sans, make the background manilla paper. Preferably tiled.

Benny1

• Die The Death! Sentence to death! Great equalizer is The Death!
  • Dlanor of the Ten Wedges
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 03:25:37 PM »
I won't lie, that fake board room thing would be hilarious.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 03:30:08 PM »
Feel free to hate on our alt accounts and non-existant people. I expect the fake Boardroom will have topics that will be obviously trolling.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 03:30:23 PM »
Yeah, that idea already isn't going to happen anyway, so your dial-up is safe from clogging.

Also, I wasn't "complaining" so much as pointing out what I see in the logo, but whatever. Not a deal breaker for me.

I like using hyperbole.  It is a fun word.

Hint: if I say you're "complaining", "whining", "pestering", etc., you're not.  I'm just a :derp: head.  If you're really being a whiny baby I'll use a lot harsher words.

Tengukami

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 03:34:08 PM »
Feel free to hate on our alt accounts and non-existant people. I expect the fake Boardroom will have topics that will be obviously trolling.

You know, it occurs to me that this very topic could be prime fuel for the Board Room, except in the form of "What new features can we add to the site?". Some ideas could be awesome, and other horrendous. Also, there could be talk of a peace treaty struck with DS.

I like using hyperbole.  It is a fun word.

I like pronouncing it "hyper-bowl" to see who will correct me.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 03:50:53 PM »
I like pronouncing it "hyper-bowl" to see who will correct me.

Hyper-Bowl-E is better.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 04:06:53 PM »
Any plans involving a fake board room should have a few topics that hint (subtly or not-so-subtly) at Suwako being the real head admin. >_>
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Tengukami

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 04:21:15 PM »
Any plans involving a fake board room should have a few topics that hint (subtly or not-so-subtly) at Suwako being the real head admin. >_>

Yes! And personally, I rather like the fake board room idea. So long as we keep the topics within bounds. I rather like taking a cue from Google on this one, with regards to bizarre new features. Only instead of announcing a new feature or three, TSO could, for example, be like "I've finally been able to set up a 3D chat world, ala Second Life, just for us. It should be up and running in a few days" and then others chime in with their own ideas, that there should be flying bats in the world that randomly attack people and if they kill you, you're banned, so you need to acquire weapons by going on quests and shit.

Or "So I found a way to enable audio posting, where people could leave playable voice clips instead of posts in threads" and then other people suggesting that this should actually replace text posting altogether.

Or you could go the bug route, with "So apparently there's this weird patch of code that I found in the site where people born between 15 and 25 June 1980 have full admin rights. I keep trying to fix this, but it keeps reverting back for some reason. I have no idea what's causing it."

Matsuri

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 05:01:49 PM »
That sounds good o/

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 06:09:54 PM »
I don't know how practical this is, or if you can do mass group edits or have to do one on one, but make everyone IP for the day? And for the record, I am in full support of doing anything that has anything to do with Nanoha.

Or maybe surprise everyone by kicking off Eirin's Danmaku Dating Service Season 2!
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 06:29:39 PM »
I would totally like to pull a prank where I remake shrinemaiden into a Nanoha fansite, but I think people would hate me again :ohdear:

Tengukami

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 06:31:14 PM »
Pretty likely.

I do like the development blog site idea, but there still needs to be an "Oopsies! You weren't supposed to see this!" thing leading to it.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 06:39:16 PM »
I would totally like to pull a prank where I remake shrinemaiden into a Nanoha fansite, but I think people would hate me again :ohdear:

Just open a separate board strictly for everything Nanoha related and put it at the top of the Outside the Border category. :3

And then after the festivities maybe we can turn it into a general anime/manga board if we don't just get rid of it.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Matsuri

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 06:44:42 PM »
Just open a separate board strictly for everything Nanoha related and put it at the top of the Outside the Border category. :3

And then after the festivities maybe we can turn it into a general anime/manga board if we don't just get rid of it.

I like it.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 06:46:37 PM »

I should restart fatechan.net as something Nanoha related now that my imageboards died BV

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 07:19:45 PM »

Y'know, the title of this thread made me think of Suwako in more ways than one :]

Though, I myself would welcome the resurgence of Emperor Norton I. :derp:

Speaking of: we should make the fake mod board some kind of hotbed for a subversive, Illuminati-esque movement, with Ammy going on rants about how the capitalist foreign investors will soon see their downfall on the horizon, while Edible goes on a secret undercover mission to track down and tap into the vast amounts of evil energy stored within the cursed gold ingots that have been passed down from generation to generation of the JP Morgan-Chase conglomerate.