Author Topic: Defend the Maiden - Assassin  (Read 18663 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Defend the Maiden - Assassin
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2010, 05:15:58 PM »
K4U only has one vote on her I believe.

Kiro, has, however, convinced me to changed my running list. What L-? is K4U at? I also note that her suggestion of a breaking strategy is basically a very easy "pro-town" thing to do without actually contributing to the game.

You still haven't answered why you think Kiro is Assassin. I can only assume you still want to lynch him since you didn't unvote.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2010, 05:17:00 PM »
I did so answer that. Reread my post. else be called an idiot in an unnecessarily hostile way.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2010, 05:20:10 PM »
I reread and find it lacking. Wanna challenge rule 1?

##Unvote
##Vote UK

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2010, 05:21:11 PM »
Explain your vote on me then?

Why is it YOU can get away with gut but I...um...can't?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2010, 05:35:29 PM »
Rou is an idiot. I believe RIGHT AFTER I said that thing about the set up metaingness, I said it would be a bad idea and unlikely.
Then why did you bother bringing it up at all? It's either a stupid accusation or fishing for responses.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2010, 05:39:51 PM »
RVS lulz, mostly. And slight reaction fishing.

Actually, though, my question to you is...how does scum benefit from any of my conduct?

Also, ##Unvote, Vote K4U

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 06:28:59 PM »
Actually, though, my question to you is...how does scum benefit from any of my conduct?
Answering that would be giving you clues you don't need.

What's the case on K4U beyond 'she hasn't srsposted yet'?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2010, 06:32:04 PM »
##Unvote Vote Rou

Sorry, that's just you saying "I'm the assassin and if I explain my reads and how anything someone does benefits scum, I'll give away the fact that I got nothing."

The case on K4U, at least my aspect, was that she made some easy "pro-town" posts that actually have very little benefit to town, but make her appear pro town, if that makes sense?

but, my case on you is mostly hypocrisy I think.

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2010, 06:47:17 PM »
The First "Just woke up" Votecount

1. Affinity (0) - Kiro
2. Uncertain Kitten (2) - Roukanken, Pesco
3. Pesco (1) - huh what, Roukanken
4. Huh What (1) - Kitten4u
5. Roukanken (1) - Pesco, UncertainKitten
6. Kiro (1) - UncertainKitten, Affinity
7. Kitten4u (1) - Pesco, Kiro, UncertainKitten

There are only 24 hours left in the day.
With Seven alive, you need Four votes on one person for a majority.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 06:49:58 PM by Zakeri »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2010, 07:05:28 PM »
Sorry, that's just you saying "I'm the assassin and if I explain my reads and how anything someone does benefits scum, I'll give away the fact that I got nothing."
If you got insta-suspected for suggesting it it's likely you were right. If it gets ignored, it's a worst a null-read.

Does that work?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2010, 08:24:27 PM »
Wait...so let me get your thought process here. I say the mod could make affinity the assassin. And if I got suspected for accusing Affinity of being the assassin, a character NO ONE KNOWS except the assassin himself...I'd...what?

I'm missing something here Rou.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2010, 08:33:05 PM »
I meant as the VIP, because if you were Assassin you're obviously fishing for VIP. If suggesting Affinity as the Assassin leads to everyone beating the crap out of you it suggests they know for sure he's not the assassin, and there's only one way they'd know that.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2010, 08:34:51 PM »
Well, that'd be a rather stupid thing to do since it would lead to my lynch, wouldn't it?

Please, think these things through Rou.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2010, 08:40:30 PM »
Well, that'd be a rather stupid thing to do since it would lead to my lynch, wouldn't it?
The assassin can shoot after they've been lynched, UK. They don't need to survive to win. Kiro clarified as much.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2010, 08:41:18 PM »
Still a pretty stupid tactic since I'd only get one shot, and town's proper response would be to defend him to redirect my shot.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2010, 08:47:07 PM »
Still a pretty stupid tactic since I'd only get one shot, and town's proper response would be to defend him to redirect my shot.
You know this setup from MS, and several players here don't, so you could take advantage of them not knowing 'proper' responses. Plus RVS shenanigans.

This discussion has descended past the point of being any use. We're taking up the thread again. >_>
Vote stays on UK unless K4U's lurking continues.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2010, 08:48:02 PM »
* AnncertainKoulter sighs

Vote stays on Rou til he stops being the assassin

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2010, 08:52:05 PM »
Vote stays on UK unless K4U's lurking continues.

And HW's lurking?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2010, 08:59:47 PM »
And HW's lurking?
I forgot he existed. >_>

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2010, 11:04:54 PM »
That's because I don't.

Actually, I was making a post earlier but then I realized I wasn't saying anything worthwhile so I decided to put it off. Then I got distracted. <_< Professional excuses, right there.

Anyway ##Unvote

##Vote Roukanken
I'm not sure why voting UK for mod outguessing makes sense. I guess it's D1, but I didn't really consider that to be a serious suggestion so I'm not sure how it makes her look like the assassin. I guess it kind of spreads suspicion to paranoid people, but otherwise I don't see it.

I meant as the VIP, because if you were Assassin you're obviously fishing for VIP. If suggesting Affinity as the Assassin leads to everyone beating the crap out of you it suggests they know for sure he's not the assassin, and there's only one way they'd know that.
Why would they do that, though? It would be a tad obvious if town ganged up on anybody who voted for the VIP, as well as stupid, considering town can vote VIP too to trick the assassin. I doubt this would be as effective at VIP fishing as you apparently think.

(Also for some reason your posts come off really confusing/derpy to me for some reason and I'm having trouble understanding them. But I'm only half awake today so that might have something to do with it. Ugh.)

I disagree with the complaints about K4U. Not adding anything may not be exactly helpful, but at this point it doesn't really make her look like the assassin either. If she made that post in the middle of a heavy discussion to look like she existed without contributing or something I could see why, but there was little going on around the time she posted.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2010, 11:24:18 PM »
I second huh what's opinion on the K4U votes.  I also find it odd that people did not vote for huh what prior to his previous post over K4U even though they posted the same amount of content then, and I would like everyone who did to answer this question.

I don't like Roukanken for that "okay let's stop here but I still win because my reasons are concrete and immune to discussion".   Also, the change from "what case on K4U" to "I'll vote for her soon" is kind of sudden and awkward.  Furthermore, he has far less on the content of other people's posts than to mod-guessing thing.  The second reason smacks of scum trying to blend in and so...

[##Vote: Roukanken

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2010, 11:26:17 PM »
EBWOP:

##Unvote
##Vote: Roukanken (L-1)

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2010, 11:27:07 PM »
Quote from: Rou
unless K4U's lurking continues.

K4u's lurking will definitely continue.

Anyway, I find it hilarious that people are trying to make a case on me for not having solid opinions on someone on the first page of the game, but whatever.  It doesn't really matter.  I slept on it and I have come to a conclusion.  Discussion is anti-town.  Lurking is pro-town.  Confusing everyone is pro-town.  In other words, we want to play this game like people would play a normal mafia game as sucm.

With that said ##Unvote

And since we want to play like scum would posting WoT is a good thing!  So, I will go ahead and explain why I think we should play like this.

Townies/gaurds/king know the set-up.  The assassin/scum doesn't.  While we may not know who all the gaurds are we do know who the king is and therefore we are more informed than the assassin.  In other words, the assassin needs to get information in order to use its shot right.  Townies don't really need information as much.  Some is useful for finding the assassin, but we can live without it (really we can).  The assassin needs information way more than townies do and if it doesn't get it it will undoubtly lose.  Townies can get away with random lynching more or less, but since the assassin desperately needs this information it will probably become easy to spot at some point.

In other words, giving info helps the assassin way more than it helps the town.  The assassin's the only one that needs to make an informed decision (with townies it only helps a little).  Therefore discussion is anti-town and likely scummy.  Well, I'd like to say the latter, but since everyone seems to feel like playing this like you would play normal mafier I really can't.

Anyway, I'll drop my vote on someone if I happen to feel like it, but until then I'll be keeping it on no one.  I won't be posting my reads.  The only time you'll get an opinion on anyone is when I drop a vote on them.  You can safely assume that I think they are likely to be the assassin.  I may or may not explain why I think they're the assassin.  It will depend on the situation.

So yeah, I'll continue to be pro-town and lurk.  You all should join me.

---

And since I know this will recieve crys of "K4u is acting scummy so I'm going to vote for her!" please explain to me how the assassin benefits from shutting down discussion and calling it anti-town.  Seriously, think about it.  Because it feels obvious to me that discussion is anti-town; there is absolutely no reason for those with more information to share it with the one that doesn't in this game.

---

Ninja'd by people saying things that don't change my opinion on how this should be played.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2010, 11:31:10 PM »
Discussion is anti-town.  Lurking is pro-town.
This basically reduces the game to a coin toss of 'let's hope we manage to randomly lynch the assassin before they get bored and shoot into the crowd'. Apologies for trying to come up with something more entertaining than Silent Mafia. -_-

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2010, 11:33:00 PM »
But if you're the assassin, then doesn't this pretty much allow you to get away without posting anything that could possibly draw suspicion towards you while we bicker and give you information? I doubt this is the case since you're encouraging other people to do this as well, but it's still worth noting imo.

Also, if we were to just lynch randomly it would kind of take a lot of fun away from the game, since nobody likes coinflips. Though I guess saying this makes me a scrub.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2010, 11:40:08 PM »
This basically reduces the game to a coin toss of 'let's hope we manage to randomly lynch the assassin before they get bored and shoot into the crowd'. Apologies for trying to come up with something more entertaining than Silent Mafia. -_-

*shrug*

Once I realized how broken the set-up was I figured that's what it would come down to.  The assassin's only motive is to figure out who he/she needs to kill, and since it doesn't know who that person is they need discussion to figure it out akin to how townies in a normal game of mafia need discussion to figure out who the scum is.  The only difference here is that the assassin can't mob us, gain a majority of the votes and get us lynched.

And since the assassin's only motive is to figure this out the only way I can think of to find it is to do nothing and see who squirms.

ninja

Quote from: huh what
But if you're the assassin, then doesn't this pretty much allow you to get away without posting anything that could possibly draw suspicion towards you while we bicker and give you information? I doubt this is the case since you're encouraging other people to do this as well, but it's still worth noting imo.

Yeah, if I was the assassin I'd get no info if you guys decided to listen to me.  And I really think you guys should listen to me.  This seems to be the optimal strategy.
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2010, 01:07:25 AM »
There's a lot I could talk about, but I think I'll just focus on the Assassin hunting since there's only one correct target.

K4U: I'm not going to argue with you about what the optimal strategy could be and just say why I'm still going to vote you: Your attitude is one that suggests you don't care about finding the right lynch because you weren't ready to reveal who you'd vote for in #52. Everyone has at least some content up to your post so why haven't you offered up who you'd vote for at the very least? In other words, you stayed back for the first 24 hours, then just spent all this time defending your tactics without putting pressure on who you think the Assassin is. It's inherently unhelpful and scummy.

Yeah, if I was the assassin I'd get no info if you guys decided to listen to me.

Not true. Vote counts leave a record for the Assassin to follow. Couple that with the few things any confirmed dead Guards say and the Assassin may still be able to complete the picture. Here's what I think you're not acknowledging: talking about who the Assassin is doesn't have to lead to who the VIP is if we're careful. I've accused you and not mentioned a single other person in this post.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2010, 01:44:56 AM »
Quote from: Kiro
Everyone has at least some content up to your post so why haven't you offered up who you'd vote for at the very least?

Vote counts leave a record for the Assassin to follow.

You answered this question yourself.  This is exactly why I'm not going to vote and why I absolutely refuse to post any content at all.  That is the optimal strategy.  Discussion is anti-town.

without putting pressure on who you think the Assassin is. It's inherently unhelpful and scummy.

I highly doubt I'll ever be able to identify the assassin as long as you people keep being anti-town.  Let me put it like this:

-Both sides are looking for one person and only one person.
-One side has information the other side doesn't.

In other words, both sides will play similarly if we use "discussion" because both sides are out to do similar things.  The only difference is that one side has more info, but if that side lets on that they have more info then they will lose the game basically.  So, if we absolutely refuse to give the assassin any info at all then they will probably lose unless they get a lucky shot.  However, the assassin will likely try to get informaiton.  This is my strategy: do nothing see who squirms.  Because that is quite literally the only difference between the assassin and everyone else.  I don't see how you can possibly analyze anyone's motives without putting the assassin in an unfavorable position.

Again, discussion is anti-town.  Stop suggesting that people do it.
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2010, 01:50:34 AM »
So who do we lynch today?

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2010, 01:55:04 AM »
So who do we lynch today?

If I had figured that out I would have voted for someone.  Until then I'm not posting my views on anyone.  At all.
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr