Author Topic: Touhou Project 12.5 - ダブルスポイラー ~ Double Spoiler. A spoiling article, ayaya  (Read 148340 times)

So sweeeet!
This sweet smell is, like, so cunning. It, like, totally makes me wanna slack off.
I'll just, like, grab some sweet potatoes and go home today.
hatate is a fuken prep, also she's awesome

I like her more than Aya already.

JormundElver

• Baron Von Parakeet
Just finished, 10-8 gave me the most trouble it looks like :/

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
...does she really speak like this?

She speaks like an average Japanese girl (using a lot of trailing off endings, and a conversational tone). Which apparently means teenybopper to some translators? >_>;

Ugh, i'm not going to like this. It's the translation equivalent of giving a southern drawl to people who speak with an Osaka dialect.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 09:38:09 PM by Ruukoto »
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

One thing I'm curious about.
Spoiler:
Does Hatate have a different recollection in 9-7 than Aya?

JormundElver

• Baron Von Parakeet
One thing I'm curious about.
Spoiler:
Does Hatate have a different recollection in 9-7 than Aya?

Spoiler:
nope

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
I went in and revised the Stage 1 translations so they're a bit more natural. NOBODY uses 'like' that much in real conversation.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
I went in and revised the Stage 1 translations so they're a bit more natural. NOBODY uses 'like' that much in real conversation.
You're lying, you haven't been in Southern California long enough. :(
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Well, Hatate really doesn't get out much. Doesn't her profile says she stopped ever leaving her house until this happened? 

In other words, she even thinks to herself with "like," in every sentence  :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

IcedFairy

Kanako bless you.  Few things are as terrible as over localization....

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Well, Hatate really doesn't get out much. Doesn't her profile says she stopped ever leaving her house until this happened? 

In other words, she even thinks to herself with "like," in every sentence  :V

Neither does Alice, but she doesn't sound like a 'tard.

In comparison to Aya, Hatate talks more casually, but in comparison to the rest of the cast she's not much different. It's overcompensation.

Excuse-me, but where is the replay folder?

I'm quite certain that people spoke about it in here, but I haven't read anything.... =X

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Excuse-me, but where is the replay folder?

I'm quite certain that people spoke about it in here, but I haven't read anything.... =X

C:\WiNDOWS\Profiles\[your name]\Application Data\Shanghai Alice\th125

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid

HEY. >:< I, like, use like a lot in real conversa--

... oh, that's why. >_>

Letty Whiterock

Kanako bless you.  Few things are as terrible as over localization....
If you think the overusage of "like" is "over localization", then go to your local mall and just listen. It's not "over localization." It's "localization."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
C:\WiNDOWS\Profiles\[your name]\Application Data\Shanghai Alice\th125
Also, Application Data is a hidden folder in Windows XP; not sure if it is on other OSes.

Also, in Windows XP, you start in Documents And Settings, then go to the [your name] part. But yeah, it's pretty obscure.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
If you think the overusage of "like" is "over localization", then go to your local mall and just listen. It's not "over localization." It's "localization."

It's still way exaggerated, to the point of having been in every sentence and occurring in awkward points. Even if 'like' is fairly common, there IS a different between the average person and a valley girl. Or else we wouldn't even have the stereotype.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
99% of the people at the local malls don't talk like that.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Even if 'like' is fairly common, there IS a different between the average person and a valley girl.

Just for, like, this, I will. like, use like in every sentence I utter, even at, like, awkward points, like. Like.

>:D

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Just for, like, this, I will. like, use like in every sentence I utter, even at, like, awkward points, like. Like.

>:D

I should like, totally unfriend you for that. That's like, soooo mean. >:|

Tengukami

Also, Application Data is a hidden folder in Windows XP; not sure if it is on other OSes.

Also, in Windows XP, you start in Documents And Settings, then go to the [your name] part. But yeah, it's pretty obscure.

Ah I see. I was translating from Linux to Windows.

For us, it's /home/[name]/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/[name]/Application Data/Shanghai Alice/th125

EDIT: ZUN laughing at people playing Double Spoiler uploaded to YouTube.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 10:54:03 PM by Tengu-天照-kami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Ah I see. I was translating from Linux to Windows.

For us, it's /home/[name]/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/[name]/Application Data/Shanghai Alice/th125

EDIT: ZUN laughing at people playing Double Spoiler uploaded to YouTube.
This is pure gold :smug:

I have, like, lived in, like, Southern California for, like, my entire life so far, and, like, nobody uses the word like, like, that much. Maybe I, like, need to, like, get out more. Or something.

Also I don't like Like Likes. Losing shields is annoying.

Tengukami

This is pure gold :smug:

Yeah, I'm happy with how it turned out. I apparently didn't notice the 10 minute limit in YouTube's upload conditions (up to 1GB, but no longer than 10 minutes?) so I had to trim off the last 2 minutes and 49 seconds. In Linux, this means using Kino and ffmpeg. After trimming, I went with higher quality but heavier file size. So naturally it took a couple hours for YouTube to upload and then process the video.

You guys are doing great, YouTube, don't change a thing.

IcedFairy

It's still just as wrong as making Osaka-ben a southern accent.  If you don't have a match in the language it's better to fail to convey the subtleties then to get it all wrong by tossing in something that has vaguely similar cultural baggage attached.

And even in SC there's probably only two girls in the mall abusing like that badly.  The rest of us only abuse it about once a paragraph.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Yeah, I'm happy with how it turned out. I apparently didn't notice the 10 minute limit in YouTube's upload conditions (up to 1GB, but no longer than 10 minutes?) so I had to trim off the last 2 minutes and 49 seconds. In Linux, this means using Kino and ffmpeg. After trimming, I went with higher quality but heavier file size. So naturally it took a couple hours for YouTube to upload and then process the video.

You guys are doing great, YouTube, don't change a thing.
Man that guy doing Yamae's cards was just so bad...

HOLD BOTH BUTTONS AND A DIRECTIONAAA

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Quote from: Hatate
Like like like like totally
Ahahaha, oh man, these are hilarious. I think I quite like this new character. :D
Having said that, her legs may be influencing my decision somewhat.

It's still just as wrong as making Osaka-ben a southern accent.  If you don't have a match in the language it's better to fail to convey the subtleties then to get it all wrong by tossing in something that has vaguely similar cultural baggage attached.

And even in SC there's probably only two girls in the mall abusing like that badly.  The rest of us only abuse it about once a paragraph.
You guys are taking it too seriously. Ridiculous is good. :V
Let's fight.

I always thought Ini Miney's hat looks more like a bunch of dough.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
I always thought Ini Miney's hat looks more like a bunch of dough.
That's because it is, judging from her "augh" animation~

I, like, totally agree with Sapz.  We're already in a universe where ancient world-breaking monsters team up with prickish shrine maidens by amplifying their collective powers with a cell phone.  Like, teenybopping Hatate is no biggie, y'know?
DS is already hilarious enough, with, like, the
Spoiler:
mini-Suikas
and the
Spoiler:
giant Suika
and the
Spoiler:
Seamless Ceiling perdition
and the
Spoiler:
nukemaku
and the
Spoiler:
paparazzi-hating shrine maiden
and etc.; why not keep this personality in?

--

Serious question:  Can you really score less than the Norma scores without actively trying to do so
Spoiler:
or using Hatate
?  You can almost always take single shots that break the stage Normae.