Author Topic: 30 minutes or it's free!  (Read 145776 times)

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
30 minutes or it's free!
« on: February 15, 2010, 06:53:23 AM »
> Congratulations!  You have just started working for Gensokyo Delivery Corps., Gensokyo's premier (and only) courier service.  Based out of the Human Village, the GDC is responsible for delivering packages and parcels all throughout Gensokyo.  Given that the GDC is a new business, the citizens of Gensokyo are still getting used to the ins and outs of shipping packages.  The GDC motto is ?Delivery at any cost!?  So far, there has only been 3 known fatalities of delivery personnel.  There are still some bugs to be worked out.
> You are a young human who just started working for the GDC.  After a successful first day yesterday, you finally have a name-badge with your actual name on it.  Unfortunately, being that you are human and have rarely left the Human Village, you are quite unfamiliar with the layout of Gensokyo.  As in, you have no idea where anything is.  Part of the problem delivering packages will be to find your way to your destination.
> You are currently standing near your desk in the central office at the GDC.  On your desk is your COURIER BAG.  Other ?runners? mill around the area, filing paperwork and arranging routes.  Your first delivery today needs to be picked up from Kourindou.
>_

Toasty

Re: 30 minutes or it's free!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 07:22:48 AM »
>Grab COURIER BAG
>The forest of magic is not only near the village, but well known, right?
>If so, go there and ask the nearest magical person (who is not murderous/a fairy) about kourindou
>If not, what about the hakurei shrine?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 07:23:27 AM »
> Read out our name and declare 'TODAY I WILL DELIVER!!!'

Drake

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 07:27:17 AM »
>read "Conn Segnare" from name tag

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 07:30:51 AM »
> Read out our name and declare 'TODAY I WILL DELIVER!!!'

> "MY NAME IS TOSHIRO, AND TODAY I WILL DELIVER!"
> You gather a few odd stares from other runners, but no one says anything.

>Grab COURIER BAG
>The forest of magic is not only near the village, but well known, right?
>If so, go there and ask the nearest magical person (who is not murderous/a fairy) about kourindou
>If not, what about the hakurei shrine?

> You obtain COURIER BAG
> The Forest of Magic lies to the Northwest of the village, that much you know.
> Actually, you are quite familiar with Kourindou; you go there quite often to browse and obtain new and unique items.

>read "Conn Segnare" from name tag

> You should probably get going.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 07:32:14 AM »
>Leave office.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 07:32:41 AM »
>Head to Kourindo

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 07:33:57 AM »
> Make out with MANnosuke
> Check quests

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 07:35:08 AM »
Oh, this ought to be good.

> Examine self.
> Examine COURIER BAG.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 07:36:51 AM »
> Confirm existence of equipment between the legs.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 07:37:54 AM »
>Skills

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 07:55:21 AM »
>Leave office.

> You leave the GDC office and step into the Human Village.  Given the warm spring weather, the village is alive with bustle.  Shopkeepers and street vendors do business quickly and holler for new patrons.  The smell of breakfast wafts gently over the street from several food carts.  The residential district lies south of the shopping district.

>Head to Kourindo

> You head west toward Kourindou.  The sounds of commerce fade and soon you are surrounded only only by sunshine and silence. 
> You arrive at Kourindou at the edge of the Forest of Magic.  It is a small shop that is in a perpetual state of disrepair, maybe if Ol' Rinn had more people buy things he could fix the place up.
> You enter the shop.  Rinnosuke greets you, "Oh, To-chan.  You're working for that courier now?  I guess you're here for the package."
> Ugh, your mother calls you To-chan.  It's not a name you're fond of.

> Make out with MANnosuke
> Check quests

> Your current quests are:
> DELIVER!
> Collect first package for delivery at Kourindou

> Examine self.
> Examine COURIER BAG.

> You examine yourself as best you can without a mirror.  You are currently wearing your NEW SHOES, which are black and leather, BLACK PANTS and a GREY SHIRT, which is thankfully short-sleeved for the warm weather.  You're also wearing your SWEET HAT.
> Your bag is slung over your right shoulder on its only strap and pulled tight.  The body is black while the flap is white with a thick red stripe running down it.

> Confirm existence of equipment between the legs.

> It's been there your whole life, and it isn't about to fall off now!

>Skills

> Your skills include:
> Dedication
- You stick with a task until it's finished.  Leaving things half-complete just isn't your style.
> Bravery
- Or maybe it's just false bravado?  Sometimes it's easy to confuse the two.  Regardless, you took the courier job knowing what dangers a human may face outside the Village, that has to stand for something, right?
> Learning
- You pick up on things very quickly, and have a knack for remembering how to get around places you've been to.

>_

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 07:57:48 AM »
>"Why yes I am."
>Take the package
>Pump up our manly spirit
>"DEEEEEEEELIVERY!!!!!!"

Toasty

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 08:15:32 AM »
>But before you leave, ask rinnosuke about Marisa

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 08:20:40 AM »
>Check store stock.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 10:38:23 AM »
> ASSES SEXUALITY

> If we can't allready, make a note to learn how to fly from any one of the large number of magical girls around
Wotters gonna' wot

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 10:42:19 AM »
> ASSES SEXUALITY

> If we can't allready, make a note to learn how to fly from any one of the large number of magical girls around
>Also, do a handstand.

Fightest

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 12:01:14 PM »

> Sure, flying's useful. For a girl. We're too manly to do anything but walk uphill, both ways, through the snow, barefoot.
[edit] > Also, examine package for destination details.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 12:16:59 PM by Fightest »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 12:24:01 PM »
> '30 minutes or it's free!'

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 03:11:38 PM »
>"Why yes I am."
>Take the package
>Pump up our manly spirit
>"DEEEEEEEELIVERY!!!!!!"

> "Well good for you, there isn't a better way to get out there and see Gensokyo."  He hands you a small parcel wrapped in brown paper.
> You obtain SMALL PARCEL.
> You psyche yourself up.  Delivery's a man's job, and you're a man! "DEEEEEEEELIVERY!!!!!!"
> Rinnosuke politely asks you not to yell in his store again, as it's quite small and he can hear you just fine if you just talk.

>But before you leave, ask rinnosuke about Marisa

> "Ah, she's a good kid: friendly and energetic.  She's always willing to help people out when they're in trouble, and she always helps out Reimu whenever there's an incident.  Well, she does have some sticky fingers, if you know what I mean.  I keep a close watch on her whenever she comes in."
> That and she seems to like mushrooms.  A lot.

>Check store stock.

> You take stock of Kourindou.  It appears to be a slow day.  The store contains:
> Large subwoofer
> 10,000 piece jigsaw puzzle
> Shikigami's Radiance "Charming Siege from All Sides"
> Large box of various hair care products
> Novelty Foam Cowboy Hat
> Green frilly hat
> White box with "Master Grade Gundam" written on it
> Butterfly fan
> Bag of socks
> "I'm expecting a new shipment of items later today," replies Rinnosuke.

> ASSES SEXUALITY

> Like everyone else in Gensokyo, you prefer the company of the fairer sex.
> Considering how terrified you were when you rode on Genji with Reimu, learning to fly is not something you wish to do right now.

>Also, do a handstand.

> You do a handstand.  Your bag slips off your shoulder and knocks you on the head and you collapse.  Rinnosuke chuckles.

> Sure, flying's useful. For a girl. We're too manly to do anything but walk uphill, both ways, through the snow, barefoot.
[edit] > Also, examine package for destination details.

> It appears to be quite useful, but none of the other runners can fly, so there's no need to give yourself the extra advantage.
> You check the parcel.  It is addressed: "Sanae Kochiya, Moriya Shrine"
> You've heard of the Moriya Shrine: it showed up a few years ago and is situated near the peak of Youkai Mountain.  However, you've never been there and know nothing about it.

> '30 minutes or it's free!'

Thank goodness this isn't your actual motto, or else you'd be in trouble!

Fightest

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 03:17:16 PM »
> We need directions. Salute Rinnosuke, leave, and let's run back to the village.
> Ask the first knowledgeable person we see for directions to the Moriya Shrine, as well as any recommendations about getting there.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 03:20:02 PM »
>Does the main office had a map? If so, make a note to check in there when possible.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 03:34:33 PM »
>Does the main office had a map? If so, make a note to check in there when possible.

> There is a map, but due to the nature of Gensokyo the map is not exact.  Everything appears to be in the correct location, but size and scale can be quite inaccurate.  You make a note to check it when you return to the village anyway.

> We need directions. Salute Rinnosuke, leave, and let's run back to the village.
> Ask the first knowledgeable person we see for directions to the Moriya Shrine, as well as any recommendations about getting there.

> You salute Rinnosuke and attempt to leave.
> "To-chan, before you go, can you use spell cards?"
> You reply that you aren't sure what he's talking about.
> "I see.  Let me give a brief run-down.  As you know, Gensokyo is mostly inhabited by youkai, some are friendly and some are not, especially towards humans.  A spell card is a powerful magic spell that can keep your opponent at bay and give you time to escape, or can be used in conjunction with other attacks to defeat them.  It's non-lethal to youkai but I'm not sure how well a human would stand up to it.  It would be best for you if you could learn to use them.  You should talk to Reimu or Marisa about it.  Sanae should be able to help you as well, since that's where you're heading.  Youkai Mountain is at the Northern end of Gensokyo, in case you were wondering."
> That sounds like a lot swallow.  Humans can use magic?  Youkai have other ways of fighting with humans besides physical combat?  You are feeling slightly less sure of yourself.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 03:39:42 PM »
>"I'm a lover, not a fighter, sir~"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 03:43:47 PM »
> Gunwink Rinnosuke with extra wink since we don't have a gun.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 03:45:03 PM »
>"I'm a lover, not a fighter, sir~"

> "I'm well aware of that To-chan, and spell cards aren't something that humans should be using as saber rattling to provoke youkai.  For defense purposes though, you can never be too safe.  I'm surprised that you hadn't heard of spell cards before."

> Gunwink Rinnosuke with extra wink since we don't have a gun.

> You close your eyes and point at Rinnosuke.  You are unable to gauge his reaction.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »
>Reopen eyes
>"Well, nobody ever bothers to tell us village sorts about these things. I'll see what I can find on the way."

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 04:51:14 PM »
>Bid Rinnosuke farewell
>Leave Kourindou
>Head to Marisa's place, she's probably the closest here.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2010, 05:52:58 PM »
>Reopen eyes
>"Well, nobody ever bothers to tell us village sorts about these things. I'll see what I can find on the way."

> "Yes, it's something I recommend you look into.  Take care!"

>Bid Rinnosuke farewell
>Leave Kourindou
>Head to Marisa's place, she's probably the closest here.

> You bid Rinnosuke farewell and depart Kourindou.  You are standing at the border of the Forest of Magic when the realization strikes you that you have no idea where Marisa lives.
> You slip back into Kourindou and ask Rinnosuke.
> "Marisa?  She's just north of here.  Follow the trail out front into the Forest and turn left at the first fork, you can't miss it.  I don't think she's open yet, it's still pretty early."
> You thank Rinnosuke and set off towards Marisa's house. 
> His directions lead you directly to a house.  It is a quaint little affair, earthen and adorned with vines from the surrounding trees.  A worn sign out from reads "Kirisame Magic Shop" in faint lettering.  A large M is emblazoned on the front door.  This must be the place.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2010, 05:58:44 PM »
>Knock on the door.