Author Topic: 'Vampirish Night' Demo Movie  (Read 32516 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: 'Vampirish Night' Demo Movie
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 08:05:23 AM »
uuuuuh eeeerrr you people DO realize the gameplay itself isn't 3D, like, at all, don't you? it's just ReimuA's gap hax on automatic for both you and the danmaku. a cilinder is just a plain surface!

having said that, it does look good.

duh >=P.
I know it's just a 2d shooter with a 3d spin

I was saying that the tempest-esque movement (which is also called 3d in some ways) makes it so that you can stream in one direction endlessly, kinda like your mention of SA Reimu A.. Only much better since there's no god-awful 3 second delay between screens.

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 08:31:59 AM »
Yeah. That looks pretty awesome. Only time will tell if it plays just as well though

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 10:32:43 AM »
Looks pretty interesting. I noticed the other video on the channel hadn't gotten anywhere near the same attention despite being released same day. Its a demo video of a horizontal-scrolling shooter called Scarlet Meister.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F4EYakIu5M

Polttopallo

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 11:08:25 AM »
Looks pretty interesting. I noticed the other video on the channel hadn't gotten anywhere near the same attention despite being released same day. Its a demo video of a horizontal-scrolling shooter called Scarlet Meister.

Maybe because its old game? I played Scarlet Meister demo back in 2008. If I remember right the full version came out early 2009. It was not playable for me, heavy slowdown in stage 1. :(

edit: the game is still for sale at Messe Sanoh Doujinshop. Cost 750 yen
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 11:17:07 AM by Dodgeball »

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 07:04:03 PM »
Oooooh, love the 2.5D gameplay. Looking forward to this, looks incredibly fun.

i'm the only one who immediately thought of pokemon puzzle league
You wish. :V

Drake

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 07:48:32 PM »
I still win. Now I now who's played those games.

It looks as if it's leaving the Touhou-style danmaku and is using more conventional stuff. The game will probably give you walls on purpose so that you can't just stream everything, and either way it doesn't look like there's much streaming to be done. I also noticed that circling the stage and moving about it are two different things, which means either they're controlled differently, or the game will limit you at certain points, or it forces you into using only one style at any given time.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2010, 03:14:50 AM »
It looks as if it's leaving the Touhou-style danmaku and is using more conventional stuff. The game will probably give you walls on purpose so that you can't just stream everything, and either way it doesn't look like there's much streaming to be done. I also noticed that circling the stage and moving about it are two different things, which means either they're controlled differently, or the game will limit you at certain points, or it forces you into using only one style at any given time.
The game will limit you at certain points.

The normal movement is when it's the normal fairies.

The cylindric movement is reserved for miniboss spheres and bosses.

That's what I'm assuming.

Also, the way the camera turns clockwise while Flandre flies left and vice versa rubs me the wrong way.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 03:23:54 AM »
They gave Koakuma spell cards. That's good enough for me.

Goddammit Midboss characters are awesome. They're the one characters the fanbase cannot ruin completely. One person gives them personality, everyone has to follow that persona. It's awesome.

(Then the Hentai walks into the room............... :ohdear:)

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 03:28:59 AM »
I dunno about you guys, but the sight of Flandre's horrendously off-center hitbox is filling my heart with dread.

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2010, 07:52:10 AM »
I dunno about you guys, but the sight of Flandre's horrendously off-center hitbox is filling my heart with dread.

After getting used to IN's Scarlet team's Saku-Ass/Remi-Head hitbox change, I'm ready for a hitbox anywhere

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2010, 08:36:24 AM »
After getting used to IN's Scarlet team's Saku-Ass/Remi-Head hitbox change, I'm ready for a hitbox anywhere

When Aya Jumps forwards in UNL, Her Hitbox is suddenly, like, 3 feet ahead of her. if you use Patchouli's silent selena it hit's both the phantom hitbox and the one where it should be. there is a video on it, I will find it later.
Wotters gonna' wot

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2010, 09:23:11 AM »
The characters in general look pretty awful IMO. I mean, Zun art is kinda weird, but those are just portraits, the in-game sprites look fine... The actual in game models for this game though look really...ugh..

still though it's probably in development, and the game looks like it could be fun regardless.

Montblanc

• I'll drive my toe into your eye socket,
  • And I'll Spin in it~
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2010, 05:26:08 PM »
=p This looks like it will spur horrendously addictive play out of me.

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2010, 10:02:30 PM »
They should use the whole sprite as the hitbox.   :V

Edit:  Or in this case the whole model.

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2010, 01:51:10 AM »
You wish. :V
This. :V

The characters in general look pretty awful IMO. I mean, Zun art is kinda weird, but those are just portraits, the in-game sprites look fine... The actual in game models for this game though look really...ugh..

still though it's probably in development, and the game looks like it could be fun regardless.
which is exactly why I'm not going to play this

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2010, 02:40:49 AM »
which is exactly why I'm not going to play this
Because it looks like it might be fun?

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2010, 05:38:23 AM »
Honestly, I think the fancy moving camera would annoy me to no end. That and the fact that there would be no walling, which was already mentioned. The danmaku does look pretty neat though.

Matsuri

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2010, 03:06:36 PM »

It's also a hilariously blatant and bad ripoff of DeathSmiles. :V
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 03:12:01 PM by Matsuri »

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2010, 03:30:03 PM »
When Aya Jumps forwards in UNL, Her Hitbox is suddenly, like, 3 feet ahead of her. if you use Patchouli's silent selena it hit's both the phantom hitbox and the one where it should be. there is a video on it, I will find it later.

Here's the Aya hitbox link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ5Ps17jBPY

It only works on her 22BC alt move.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 04:17:47 PM by Furienify »

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2010, 03:31:21 PM »

wtf?

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2010, 07:26:23 PM »

Oh god..

The worst is that I love that Skillcard... D:

ShinyaKyoto

• Yukari Yakumo's Slave
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2010, 12:53:33 PM »
I look forward for this game being that it has one of my favorite characters playable.  :D

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2010, 10:35:06 PM »
Actually I was more reminded of the Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Special Stages than anything else 'cause it actually has you dodging stuff, albeit on a much smaller scale. I loved playing those stages to bits and pieces, so this looks very interesting to me as well

Also, while I do agree that it's essentially the same as a two dimensional game, one difference between this and a regular 2D shooter is that it loops around. I'm aware that you could loop pacman style in a 2D styled game too, although this cylinder could better take advantage of such a mechanic, since it can be designed assuming the full loop as opposed to being forced to work within the confines of a rather a rigidly formed box. It doesn't actually look like they're using this concept to its fullest potential though, which actually seems like a bit of a shameful waste.

One other thing of note: I think the gaps between the bullets seem much larger than they do in the actual games, while the hitbox still appears to be about the same size. This could be a bit easier for reasons completely unrelated to the game's perceived dimensionality.

ShinyaKyoto

• Yukari Yakumo's Slave
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2010, 10:39:09 PM »
Does anyone know when this game comes out or is it already out?

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2010, 06:27:50 AM »
It looks like the video was pulled. Hmm...

Polttopallo

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2010, 05:20:05 PM »
It looks like the video was pulled. Hmm...

Probably got scared when people found out that he used KgZ music in his previous game Scarlet Meister. The guy didn't even know about it :/

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2010, 05:06:29 PM »
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~hardback/index.html

どうしようもない自己の都合により開発(というか同人自体)を無期限停止します.つまり例大祭落とします.楽しみにして下さったかたには申し訳ありません.

"For unavoidable personal reasons I have stopped development of Vampirish Night indefinitely (or should I say stopped doujin activity completely). Basically I won't be making it to reitaisai. My apologies to everyone who was looking forward to it."

Well shit. See also: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1145731/1

Drake

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2010, 06:31:05 PM »
Okay, this makes no sense at all. They didn't even realize that he had given credit to him. I mean, not to contact him about it is kind of odd, but to go to these childish extremes instead of just fucking contacting him is ridiculous.

Some of the guys in Newgrounds are bloody fucking retarded in their suggestions and only made things worse for everyone. Thanks a lot, guys. You spammed up a shitload of videos on Youtube not even belonging to the guy you're trying to harass when you don't even realize the whole fucking story in the first place.

Jesus christ.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2010, 06:39:22 PM »
Through the songs were NOT for commerical use.

So yeah... can anyone on this board make decent remixes?
If so we could contact the creator and create the songs for his game then.

wait nevermind stupid idea.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2010, 06:57:43 PM »
Well!

If the only problem is miscommunication, then spread the news.

Tell the fans of Touhou about what's happened and do not leave out any important details. Same to the ones over at Newgrounds.

Once we clarify it and if we're quick enough, we can retrieve what's lost and tell the person making the games that everything is all-clear, then we will see an exciting game to play and such.

...besides, isn't it good publicity for your music to be featured in a *Japanese game*? I don't know, I would just think of the poison of oneself to acknowledge that it's a joyful thing.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!