Author Topic: "Games you're playing right now" Thread or something  (Read 142519 times)

Re: "Games you're playing right now" Thread or something
« Reply #900 on: June 16, 2010, 04:47:27 PM »
Well I'm only at World 4 and I've skipped over a couple levels out of laziness, so I haven't really heard the whole thing, but uh, it just doesn't seem that great from what I've heard so far on the grounds that none of the songs really stick in my mind (aside from the ones taken from other games). The music in the Bowser Jr. levels is pretty neat though I guess.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #901 on: June 16, 2010, 04:56:57 PM »
The opening Galaxies to Worlds 5 and 6 have good themes, so etc.
The theme for the timer-collection Speedy challenges continues to be my favorite.

And then you have the one that you wish would STOP getting stuck in your head.

« Reply #902 on: June 16, 2010, 06:33:42 PM »
I didn't really like the Spin Dig/Boulder Bowl theme that much. It's okay, just not really that memorable for me. Isn't it actually a remix of something from the original Galaxy? It sounds kinda familiar. Tbh I didn't like those galaxies much in general. Diggaleg was pretty fun though.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #903 on: June 16, 2010, 07:06:23 PM »
Currently doing the post 120 star stuff in Galaxy 2. I think the game's objectively better than 1, but the familiarity prevented it from 'wow-ing' me in the same way that the original did. Also seconding the preference for 1's soundtrack. It was more... awe-inspiring, where as 2's is decent and fitting but hasn't left much of an impression on me bar a couple of themes.

Spoiler:
Throwback Galaxy was sex.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #904 on: June 16, 2010, 07:12:27 PM »
Spoiler:
Throwback Galaxy was sex.
Disagree vehemently.

Isn't it actually a remix of something from the original Galaxy?
I don't think so.  (And hey, that's not one of the ones I said was good.~)
I'm told that one of the tracks was inspired by DK: Jungle Beat, but having not played that game I don't know which one.  As it stands, I think it's the only VG track that has ever reminded me of Lucretia MacEvil.

« Reply #905 on: June 16, 2010, 07:59:23 PM »
I don't think so.  (And hey, that's not one of the ones I said was good.~)
Now that I listen to it again I'm pretty sure it's kinda based on the music that plays in Galaxy when you're Fire or Ice Mario

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #906 on: June 16, 2010, 09:01:54 PM »
Wound up buying a Wii along with FFCC: The Crystal Bearers, not a bad game, but learning the ropes is a little frustrating. Such is the risk when dealing with motion controls, though.

Getting to throw shit around with your powers, despite the issue of getting used to the controls, though, THAT is satisfying. :]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 09:04:28 PM by Vuvuzentilli⑨n »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
« Reply #907 on: June 18, 2010, 01:54:13 AM »
I found a copy of Ikaruga at Gamestop the other day, so I've been having some fun with that.

Vanishing Sock Puppet

• Phantasmic Scribbler
  • brb exploding in a black hole
    • The Sock Drawer
« Reply #908 on: June 18, 2010, 06:04:09 AM »
I found a copy of Ikaruga at Gamestop the other day, so I've been having some fun with that.

That's a lucky find. I just about given up all hope of randomly running into a used copy of that game a while ago. Hope you enjoy it.

Since my roommate just recently left, taking his Wii with him, I've been going back to my good old black gamecube, playing some games I didn't really give too much time to...

Like this one. HENSHIN A GO-GO BABY!

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #909 on: June 18, 2010, 08:09:52 PM »
Finished Galaxy 2 with all
Spoiler:
stars. Pleasantly surprised at
Spoiler:
The Perfect Run
, which was a worthy climax, though I think getting the Comet Coin in Fleet Glide Galaxy actually cost me more lives.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #910 on: June 18, 2010, 09:42:39 PM »
I think getting the Comet Coin in Fleet Glide Galaxy actually cost me more lives.
Ugh, that Galaxy.  Thinking back, the concept behind it would have been much more awesome if I was good at controlling Fluzzard :V

Spoiler:
While grinding up the 9999 Star Bits I picked up 52 lives for The Ultimate Test.  I was down to 5 when I beat it.  I took so long the game didn't register my Clear Time.  And most of it was stupid mistakes ;.;

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #911 on: June 19, 2010, 04:27:27 AM »
I think it's supposed to be Final Fantasy Legends 2 DS. Just a guess, though.

Yes, this would be correct.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #912 on: June 19, 2010, 11:25:45 AM »
Ugh, that Galaxy.  Thinking back, the concept behind it would have been much more awesome if I was good at controlling Fluzzard :V

Spoiler:
While grinding up the 9999 Star Bits I picked up 52 lives for The Ultimate Test.  I was down to 5 when I beat it.  I took so long the game didn't register my Clear Time.  And most of it was stupid mistakes ;.;
Yeah, the Fluzzard galaxies themselves are actually rather well designed, but I find him/her/it an absolute bitch to control (relative to everything else in the game, at least).

Spoiler:
I had about 40 lives after Star Bit grinding in the Melty Molton Monster boulder course and only lost 7 or 8, though I lucked out in getting past the final area on my first time reaching it. Pretty much all my other deaths were stupid screw-ups at the part with the wave generators. Also, there's a 1UP behind Rosalina's house apparently.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:48:25 AM by A Huge Battleship »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #913 on: June 19, 2010, 01:57:30 PM »
Spoiler:
I had about 40 lives after Star Bit grinding in the Melty Molton Monster boulder course and only lost 7 or 8, though I lucked out in getting past the final area on my first time reaching it. Pretty much all my other deaths were stupid screw-ups at the part with the wave generators. Also, there's a 1UP behind Rosalina's house apparently.
The other good place to pick up lives and Star Bits is Twisting Turning Double Time.  It's a Comet Star, but it overrated its difficulty so much that there are easy-to-pluck lives everywhere.  If you DO die, you'll still be able to come out with more lives than you had and you'll be able to pick up the Star Bits again too.

Spoiler:
Most of my deaths came because it was late at night and I decided to be smrt with forgetting how to do the first and third parts.  Or stupidly running into hammers at the end.  But being able to use Cloud Mario to bypass most of the fourth part was an absolute GODSEND, as was being able to skip the double rollers at the beginning of the fifth part.  And I found the 1up behind Rosalina's house.

I'm replaying the game for time trials and I'm running into Luigi's ghost a lot.  It's a fun extra to try and keep ahead of him (and it's not easy).

« Reply #914 on: June 19, 2010, 11:03:16 PM »
Phantom Brave must have the most orgasm-worthy music in history. Anything beyond that would probably just blow my mind.

Tenpei Sato, right? I didn't notice the music when I played Disgaea (kinda sad, I know), but the violin part of the first song in Prinny really caught my attention. I enjoyed most of the music in Prinny so I wouldn't be surprised if his other games are just as good in terms of the soundtrack.

« Reply #915 on: June 24, 2010, 01:20:00 AM »
I decided I'm going to try SMT: Nocturne again starting tomorrow. I never really played that far into it before because I always got into some other game soon after, but I really want to finish it.

Also since I don't know if I'll be replaying or not, I'm going to pick Hard. Damn, I have terrible luck, I'm probably going to be posting in that FFFFFFFFFFFFF... topic a lot.

Now I need a good nickname for after the MC becomes a demon near the beginning. I'm going to be unoriginal on the actual name though since I used Minato on P3 most of the time and I used that Seta Souji name on P4.

« Reply #916 on: June 24, 2010, 12:31:53 PM »
I'll be attempting Persona 4 soon (as soon as my brother is done with the PS3). Its pretty odd how just because you like Final Fantasy a lot of people shovel stuff like P4 and Disgaea down your throat (real life friends recommends me games... shouldn't complain.  :))

Other than that. I played Mega Man X3 today. First time i played i didn't realize how fun it was. I went ahead and defeated all the Maverick bosses as well as Bit and Byte no-damage, x-buster only. Truly a fun and challenging experience. (Even though those Blast Hornet bee's became quite annoying and Volt Catfish's sparks seemed luck-based)

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #917 on: June 24, 2010, 05:01:07 PM »
I'm playing the first Baldur's Gate.  Got Minsc on my team.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #918 on: June 24, 2010, 07:41:56 PM »
Super Luigi Galaxy 1: 18☆
Kirby Superstar Ultra: 99% (I HAVE TO DO ALL THE HELPER TO HEROES?!?! [gunshot to head emoticon here, I don't know the code])

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #919 on: June 24, 2010, 08:28:29 PM »
I'm playing the first Baldur's Gate.  Got Minsc on my team.
Fun times!  And that means you're already in Nashkel, which means the mines, and by the end of the mines you should hit level 2 and stop dying when people cough on you!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #920 on: June 24, 2010, 09:26:10 PM »
Kirby Superstar Ultra: 99% (I HAVE TO DO ALL THE HELPER TO HEROES?!?! [gunshot to head emoticon here, I don't know the code])
I can't even do one. Hell, I can't beat the normal arena with Kirby.

I beat Persona 4 and almost every Touhou on Normal, and I fail at a Kirby game.

WHAT

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #921 on: June 25, 2010, 06:46:32 AM »

WHAT

That is indeed rather eyebrow raising...

Anyway's trying out this Cosmic Break thing. Damn you sibladeko and Choja.

Formless God

« Reply #922 on: June 25, 2010, 07:17:23 AM »
I decided I'm going to try SMT: Nocturne again starting tomorrow. I never really played that far into it before because I always got into some other game soon after, but I really want to finish it.
I'll be attempting Persona 4 soon (as soon as my brother is done with the PS3). Its pretty odd how just because you like Final Fantasy a lot of people shovel stuff like P4 and Disgaea down your throat (real life friends recommends me games... shouldn't complain.  :))
=w=b
As soon as I got into SMT, all my FF games went into the trash can. Persona 4 is an okay acceptable game, weaker than 3, and is nowhere nearly as good as the "true" titles. Check out Nocturne if you can.

Also since I don't know if I'll be replaying or not, I'm going to pick Hard. Damn, I have terrible luck, I'm probably going to be posting in that FFFFFFFFFFFFF... topic a lot.

Now I need a good nickname for after the MC becomes a demon near the beginning. I'm going to be unoriginal on the actual name though since I used Minato on P3 most of the time and I used that Seta Souji name on P4.
Hito Shura :V
Hard Mode in a RPG is seriously lame though. It's more luckshit and no skills.

Bananamatic

« Reply #923 on: June 25, 2010, 08:44:37 AM »

WHAT
genre difference
that's why people think touhou is so hard, they don't play shmups
you might be good at RPGs, but you don't play platformers, so you will naturally suck at Kirby

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #924 on: June 25, 2010, 09:46:32 AM »
you might be good at RPGs, but you don't play platformers, so you will naturally suck at Kirby
but you don't play platformers
I remember beating five (in numbers 5) Castlevanias (all three DS titles, Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow), Yoshi's Island DS and New Super Mario Bros.

Bananamatic

« Reply #925 on: June 25, 2010, 10:29:58 AM »
Different physics and general game mechanics then? :V

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #926 on: June 25, 2010, 11:41:02 AM »

WHAT
Who are you having trouble with?

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #927 on: June 25, 2010, 12:19:17 PM »
The Arena.

Just... the Arena.

But I haven't played that game in a long time, so it isn't worth bothering.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #928 on: June 25, 2010, 01:51:14 PM »
As soon as I got into SMT, all my FF games went into the trash can. Persona 4 is an okay acceptable game, weaker than 3, and is nowhere nearly as good as the "true" titles. Check out Nocturne if you can.
You know, I really liked P4, more than 3.  But I'm not that big an automatic SMT fan, and I liked it for blending so many elements together extremely well, especially character development.  SMT tends towards hardcore RPGs, and they're not for everyone.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Vanishing Sock Puppet

• Phantasmic Scribbler
  • brb exploding in a black hole
    • The Sock Drawer
« Reply #929 on: June 25, 2010, 06:41:50 PM »
Just started playing Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. It's taking a little bit to get used to, since I'm still not accustom to Roguelike controls, but it's pretty enjoyable. The farthest I've gotten to was floor four and...

...Is that a ghost with my name? Why does that ghost have my...HEY! That asshole is attacking me! Stop hitting me...me!

You die...

FUCK YOU GHOST ME!