Author Topic: 12.3 patch 1.10 released  (Read 23533 times)

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
12.3 patch 1.10 released
« on: January 24, 2010, 01:31:22 AM »
http://www.tasofro.net/touhou123/download.html

So I was playing around a little with Sakuya, and "Phantasmic Killer" seems to have lost its delay, (it's become more of a Killing Doll +)

Also Alice's bullets have changed, and her 5B no longer goes full screen.  That's all I can see for now (I really only played one through Sakuya's arcade.)

Badass bookworms

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: 12.3 patch 1.10 released
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 01:44:24 AM »
Sanae is MASSIVELY changed. Like half of her moveset and many of her skills are different. 6C and 4C summon Kanako and Suwako, respectively.

Suika's Missing Purple Power doesn't last as long, Cirno's Perfect Freeze and 623 Sword alt were vastly improved, Suwako has many changes as well, for the better.

Aah, there is an awful lot of changes. I think every character has at least ONE difference. Hmm... Suika's j2A changed. Reimu's spinkick requires additional inputting for the extra kick, like how Youmu's 214 works.

Ahh... Alice's Lemming Parade has higher damage. Many of Sakuya's alts have been improved. Yukari's Eye of Omniscience has a new C version that actives on blockstun instead of hitstun. Yukari's Flesh Dismantler is much better.

And a lot more stuff x3

« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 01:46:26 AM by NeoGenesis »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 01:55:39 AM »
And it broke the no weather thing. |3

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 01:59:36 AM »
Actually, if you want to see the changes, you should probably just check the wiki at

http://swr.mizuumi.net/index.php/Main_Page

They are not all documented yet, but there are certainly too many changes to reasonably list here.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 05:24:28 PM »
It won't install for me... I keep getting an error. It looks like it might be the "you can't have any special characters in your path name" error, but I don't have any of the symbols listed in my path name, so I don't know why I'm getting this error.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 08:18:28 PM »
Sweet, new 12.3 patch. Can't really try it though since I'm not at home.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 10:04:46 PM »
Cirno's sword is now even more awesome. :3

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 10:05:27 PM »
Meiling can OHKO now ^_______^

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 12:45:19 AM »
It won't install for me... I keep getting an error. It looks like it might be the "you can't have any special characters in your path name" error, but I don't have any of the symbols listed in my path name, so I don't know why I'm getting this error.
Switch out of Japanese locale, it'll work then.

The only noticable change I saw was Alice's bullets and some melee moves. =/

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 01:03:13 AM »
wait

Where'd my SWR characters go? D;

Does this mean I have to re-unlock all their UNL cards? DDD;
Welp, this is a good excuse to finally take that everything-unlocked data.

Juuust kidding. I fixed it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 01:06:07 AM by KrackoCloud »

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 02:06:14 AM »
The only things I'm concerned about:

Engine tweaks: The engine is handling highjump-melee ('tiger knee'd') moves differently. A lot of the characters feel different to handle overall.

Sanae- Melee improved, bullet coverage improved as well. No longer bottom tier.

Yukari- 66C was downgraded a bit, and 623 was absolutely neutered. This is great, though, those two moves gave actual legit Yukari players terrible names.

Suika- 236B firepunch nerf, Giant Loli nerf, Loliball nerf, 2B nerf. Yesssss. I have waited for this day for so very long. Eat that, stupid easymodo drunken loli. >:(

Meiling- 6A and 66A improved, several skills tweaked. 6A's new range improves her blockstrings.

Alice- So many random changes, all of them seem arbitrary.

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 02:12:46 AM »
Alice didn't even make high-tier in SWR, if I recall correctly.

She was horribly nerfed for some reason in the shift to UNL.

Now she's even more nerfed in 1.10.

WHY

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 02:19:15 AM »
Any news on a full English patch yet?

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 02:55:50 AM »
Nope, and if SWR is any indication, not for a while.

Badass bookworms

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 03:42:05 AM »
They have a lot of it completed, they were just waiting for the 1.10 balance patch before releasing. Mauve's working on it again.

Alice had nice potential in SWR. C dolls taking two orbs of spirit on full block? Good grief. She could manage with some care in UNL, along with liberal use of 236 spinners/boomerangs, 66A, 214BC stabbing dolls and 22BC SP dolls. This new Alice is just mega weird, though.

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 04:02:35 AM »
We need an official english-translated changelog. Now.

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 04:15:54 AM »
They have a lot of it completed, they were just waiting for the 1.10 balance patch before releasing. Mauve's working on it again.

Alice had nice potential in SWR. C dolls taking two orbs of spirit on full block? Good grief. She could manage with some care in UNL, along with liberal use of 236 spinners/boomerangs, 66A, 214BC stabbing dolls and 22BC SP dolls. This new Alice is just mega weird, though.
Oh.  Wait, they knew of this patch?  Huh.

Also yeah, I kinda hate how Alice's 5B no longer goes full screen.  I mean she had a hard time dealing with close range before, now she really doesn't have a decent long range outside of her C dolls laser either.

EDIT:  Meiling seems to have been sped up massively.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 04:42:15 AM by Hideki101 »

Badass bookworms

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 04:18:44 AM »
I'm pretty sure Patchouli's Royal Diamond Ring has changed, as well as her Autumn Edge (214B/C). Iku's animation has changed to a more windy effect though I probably wouldn't have noticed if not for the wiki. I think Tenshi's Non-Conceptual Saber (623B/C) is also changed too. That's all I can remember off the top of my head right now, after a quick battle with each character in the game.

Edit: Oh and Reimu's teleporting thing (421B/C) has a new effect to its animation.

Edit 2: Alice can use 4C and send a doll behind her.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 04:45:29 AM by Tyltalis »

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 05:15:38 AM »
Hey fellas. I just read on the wikia that the SWR/UNL wikia is being CLOSED ~_~.
from what i gathered on poosh http://www.pooshlmer.com/wakaba/res/428345.html#428592

Dicks are dicks but dam i hope the data is moved somewhere at least

See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Just a GBZero

• <Kaisou> ...Yeah, kinda small, but I think it works...
  • Too much manga now means not enough manga
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 05:59:40 AM »
Anyone planning on backing up the wiki?  I was thinking of it myself, but wanted to see if others were doing it first.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 06:05:53 AM »
Might as well just move everything to the main wiki. It might take a bit of rearranging but it should be fine.

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 06:13:16 AM »
Anyone planning on backing up the wiki?  I was thinking of it myself, but wanted to see if others were doing it first.

If you've got the skills for this, that'd be great. I don't know how to do it myself. NForza's suggestion could work as well though I'm worried about wikifags trying to screw it all up.

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 06:15:43 AM »
We need an official english-translated changelog. Now.

Been looking for it. Isn't on Tasofro's blog.

Edit: Derp, notepad file basically says 'lots of bugs and balance tweaks' how useful.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:29:53 AM by Furienify »

Just a GBZero

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2010, 06:56:32 AM »
If you've got the skills for this, that'd be great. I don't know how to do it myself. NForza's suggestion could work as well though I'm worried about wikifags trying to screw it all up.
The thing is, I have no idea where to start.  I'd be constantly looking up stuff if I did it, and no guarantee I would get it backup in time, or at all.  I'm good with NForza's idea though.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 07:42:41 AM »
no need fellas
http://hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Main_Page
is goin to be the new wikia soon. I was at the new IRC for the fighters and this is what they gave me.
no need to worry.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Just a GBZero

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2010, 07:48:59 AM »
A bit of late info, considering I backed up everything to my harddrive allready.  Thanks for the link though.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2010, 09:10:48 AM »
Remilia's C chain skillcard now have a "GET OVER HERE" effect which is awesome. It's a dead simple setup for her 2A 2C j2C 66 j2A. Easy as pie pudding :V

Her backdash got sped way the fuck up, and her charge 5B might be usable now. Maybe. Bats have homing again but probably not enough to matter.

As a side note, I am beaming with smug cynical satisfaction at anyone who actually thought there would be a new character in 1.10.

Also, this should probably be in Help Me Eirin.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 09:12:21 AM by stuff mania »

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 03:27:31 PM »
Woah.

With this patch the game became so much faster and fluid. The air combat is different and it's so easier to control the characters and chain combos. Suwako became more useful. Alice is really weird, even the AI didn't knew what she wants to do.

But... *sniff* Sanae...
How GOOD she became! She's fast, her attacks are cool, and and I can actually use her!
*sniff* My waifu!! You became so cool!! ;_;

(Yes, I did got some tears in my eyes while I was trying her out, she became really fun to play.)

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 02:54:49 AM »
New Sanae is pretty awesome. Definitely going to use her more now.

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 03:01:17 AM »
I was maining Gap/China/Sanae. Sanae buffs are just amazing. I am not required to hide beneath the Airy... uh. Sweet Moriya, what word do I use for this. Tube! There we go. I do not need to ascend to the top of the stage and drop the Airy Tube every few seconds. It was a major drain on spirit, anyways.

New Sanae has many options. Many. Working on pure aggro deck as is. Did I mention 22BC rice packets can be chained into eachother now? 66C 22BC (To Breaking Point) in the corner is fun.