Author Topic: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=  (Read 169785 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=
« Reply #390 on: January 25, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »
>No hugs yet. It would just be random and awkward right now.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #391 on: January 25, 2010, 09:48:19 PM »

Alright, scrap that then. More questions first!

> "Flandre, have you ever, EVER had a connection with someone outside besides your family? You'd need to have at least one friend, right?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #392 on: January 25, 2010, 09:55:48 PM »
> Whats Yumigami doing right now?

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #393 on: January 25, 2010, 10:19:03 PM »
> "Do you miss the others?"
> Try and give her a friendly hug (unless her power would snap Chen like a twig).

Alright, scrap that then. More questions first!

> "Flandre, have you ever, EVER had a connection with someone outside besides your family? You'd need to have at least one friend, right?"

You ponder a hug, but decide against it. Besides, You have heard she still has troubles controlling her KILL EVERYTHING powers. Instead you ask more questions.

"It is rather quieter without all the fairies, and especially without Sakuya around. She was always nice. Well, I did occasionally speak with the Shrine Maiden and the witch Marisa, they were rather nice to me when I wasn't acting out, and sometimes even when I was."

> Whats Yumigami doing right now?

Yumigami appears to be napping again. Lazy rabbit.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #394 on: January 26, 2010, 12:22:43 AM »
> Sigh at that lazy bastard.
> "Well I guess it was better than being completely isolated correct?"

Chaore

« Reply #395 on: January 26, 2010, 12:38:39 AM »
> Sigh at that lazy bastard.
> "Well I guess it was better than being completely isolated correct?"

You can't help but sigh. You're going to have trouble with this one, you can tell.

"Yes, but I suppose that would be a given. Everything the Shrine Maiden touched seemed to improve."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #396 on: January 26, 2010, 12:46:10 AM »
> "I'd love to stay and chat longer, but I'm afraid I've got some business to attend to.  I'll come back down to chat the next time I visit the mansion.  I promise."

Chaore

« Reply #397 on: January 26, 2010, 12:48:39 AM »
> "I'd love to stay and chat longer, but I'm afraid I've got some business to attend to.  I'll come back down to chat the next time I visit the mansion.  I promise."

Flandre nods. "Alright. Please, do come next time you're here."

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #398 on: January 26, 2010, 01:08:06 AM »
> Ask Patchy about Flan's tiredness.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #399 on: January 26, 2010, 01:13:57 AM »
> "Don't worry.  I will."
> Bid Flandre farewell and head for the library.

Chaore

« Reply #400 on: January 26, 2010, 01:23:09 AM »
> Ask Patchy about Flan's tiredness.

> "Don't worry.  I will."
> Bid Flandre farewell and head for the library.

You ensure Flandre you'll visit your next visit here, and head to the library to ask Patchy about Flandre's tiredness.

"Oh? ...Yes, She has been sleeping more lately. I think its DUE to her control getting better. Shes no longer leaking so much energy when awake, that she feels compelled to sleep to lose control and lose energy. Its probably why she is also eating less... Regardless, It seems like the sudden shift in her system is causing it."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #401 on: January 26, 2010, 01:35:10 AM »
> "I see...  There won't be any negative effects correct?"

Chaore

« Reply #402 on: January 26, 2010, 01:42:56 AM »
> "I see...  There won't be any negative effects correct?"

"I don't imagine, Once she manages to adjust. In the mean time, I would suppose she'll just be a bit more sluggish. Which, given before, isn't that bad."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #403 on: January 26, 2010, 01:27:39 PM »
> "Won't she need blood? Is her power strong enough to provide energy and nutrition?"
> "Say, she had pretty peculiar wings. Can she still fly with those? Or did she need magic to fly too?"
> De-summon Yumigami and test out the new shark familiar.

Chaore

« Reply #404 on: January 26, 2010, 08:16:19 PM »
> "Won't she need blood? Is her power strong enough to provide energy and nutrition?"
> "Say, she had pretty peculiar wings. Can she still fly with those? Or did she need magic to fly too?"
> De-summon Yumigami and test out the new shark familiar.

"She still eats, just less. Its mostly a lower-state of power use, not a complete substitution of power. She can't fly with what remains of her wings, no. She wasn't particularly adept, so she can't fly in Gensokyo's current state."

You unsummon Yumigami and pull out the shark familiar. It of course, is hidden in the floor when you summon it.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #405 on: January 26, 2010, 08:27:23 PM »
> Have the shark stay on an upper floor, than go to the floor directly below it too see if we an see it swimming on the cieling. It will be silly.
Wotters gonna' wot

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #406 on: January 26, 2010, 08:32:17 PM »
> Have the shark stay on an upper floor, than go to the floor directly below it too see if we an see it swimming on the cieling. It will be silly.

> If this causes damage to the Mansion, quickly apologize to Patchouli.

Chaore

« Reply #407 on: January 26, 2010, 09:50:43 PM »

> If this causes damage to the Mansion, quickly apologize to Patchouli.

You have the shark do this. You can notice the dorsal fin swimming on the ceiling. You almost apologize before Patchouli reminds you of the instant-healing effect the swimming seems to have on it's environment. The damage doesn't last.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #408 on: January 26, 2010, 10:14:59 PM »
> Un-summon shark.
> Ask Patchouli for her advice regarding th bottomless pit Underground.

Chaore

« Reply #409 on: January 26, 2010, 10:49:44 PM »
> Un-summon shark.
> Ask Patchouli for her advice regarding th bottomless pit Underground.

You Un-summon the land shark. You also ask Patchouli on her advice on the Underground pit.

"A bottomless pit? Even with most magic, that should be impossible. It would require an infinite loop of a space, and just a regular loop would be horrific to try and upkeep. It isn't a matter of being strong at all, it happens to be a downright myth. I'm not sure what could possibly be done."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #410 on: January 26, 2010, 11:01:44 PM »
> Welp, I think it's official: SHE did this. She's the only one who could flip the birdy at the Laws of Magic in such a way.
> "Does this mean we'll have to ignore it until we find the original caster?"
> "Also, Patchouli, do you possess knowledge of the Hakurei bloodline and their power? Does one need to fulfill certain requirements to become a Border Shrine Maiden?"

Chaore

« Reply #411 on: January 26, 2010, 11:24:42 PM »
> Welp, I think it's official: SHE did this. She's the only one who could flip the birdy at the Laws of Magic in such a way.
> "Does this mean we'll have to ignore it until we find the original caster?"
> "Also, Patchouli, do you possess knowledge of the Hakurei bloodline and their power? Does one need to fulfill certain requirements to become a Border Shrine Maiden?"

You certainly consider it a possibility.

"If its remained harmless for so long, it may be best to avoid disturbing it. If someone really has managed this, I don't think they're to be trifled with so easily. Though, if you really want to solve it, I would suggest any time but now.

As for the Hakurei Bloodline... Well, yes, Reimu told me most of the specifics that weren't common knowledge. Essentially, the Hakurei Bloodline was simply chosen as the best fit to guard the border. They built a shrine to gain faith for themselves and the border, and typically grew in strength with the faith of the shrine. It gave them an advantage that up until Sanae appeared, couldn't be matched. The shrine was connected solely to the bloodline, essentially, they were humans run on faith, all the advantages without the worry of running out.

The Hakurei Orb was developed sometime later to be used by the shrine maidens, and is also only capable of use by them. I imagine, since Reimu died, it has disappeared. To become the border shrine's maiden however, doesn't necessarily require this. You just need to be human and a shrine maiden. If Reimu's turtle is still there, or anyone else capable of teaching someone in the arts of the shrine maiden, you could easily make a new one. The problem is they wouldn't be a Hakurei. On top of the outrage of the shrine tradition being broken, they won't have the advantages Reimu had. They'll be far less capable of solving incidents, and now, that could get them killed, especially since strong arming people into the spell card system again will be tough."

You suspect to help her after all this, you'll definitely need to take care of the business with Yukari.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #412 on: January 26, 2010, 11:32:53 PM »
> "You said the border and the Maidens get stronger with faith, yes? Can't the border be restored with the faith of the residents? If they all started to have faith in Gensokyo again, shoudn't it slightly fix the border?"
> "And if that person already had experience with magic? Wouldn't that give them a slight edge to restore Gensokyo and enforce the Spellcard System?"
> Could Chen apply for the job of Shrine Maiden now? She has gained the ability to turn into a human after all. Just hide your youkai origins from the humans and they won't notice a thing. And maybe a name change and a dye job would hide us from Marisa....

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #413 on: January 26, 2010, 11:38:59 PM »
>Oh we're gonna give Marisa a dye job, alright...
>Decide to call the Land Shark Mack the Knife.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #414 on: January 26, 2010, 11:42:20 PM »

^ YES!!!

(SMRPG references FTW, although in that case Jonathan 'Johnny' Jones could also be possible. He was a pirate shark after all)

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #415 on: January 26, 2010, 11:45:30 PM »
No, I think Purvis means the classic Jazz tune. Could be either or both, though.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #416 on: January 26, 2010, 11:46:26 PM »
^ YES!!!

(SMRPG references FTW, although in that case Jonathan 'Johnny' Jones could also be possible. He was a pirate shark after all)

>SMRPG? Heh.
>Contemplate if being hunam Chen is really worth it all. Or being a shrine maiden in general? What do they even do aside from sweep and wear silly clothes?

Chaore

« Reply #417 on: January 26, 2010, 11:50:20 PM »
> "You said the border and the Maidens get stronger with faith, yes? Can't the border be restored with the faith of the residents? If they all started to have faith in Gensokyo again, shoudn't it slightly fix the border?"
> "And if that person already had experience with magic? Wouldn't that give them a slight edge to restore Gensokyo and enforce the Spellcard System?"
> Could Chen apply for the job of Shrine Maiden now? She has gained the ability to turn into a human after all. Just hide your youkai origins from the humans and they won't notice a thing. And maybe a name change and a dye job would hide us from Marisa....

Patchy shakes her head.

"Unfortunately, its not that simple. The barrier is the first real issue, sure, youkai can give faith as well, but human's faith is far more plentiful. A typical human in terms of faith, is equal to perhaps fifty humans. This is just the AVERAGE human and Youkai, as well. Some people are understandably worth more in terms of faith, though god knows why, even when Reimu explained it I didn't get it. With the barrier up around the village, I don't believe we'll be able to gather enough to immediately do anything, none the less over good time. Shrines also exist only as focus points, like praying to existing gods. Without a shrine maiden to properly allocate the faith, as well as make sure the faith even gets there, its pointless. I don't imagine nobody tried giving faith to the shrine, after all.

As far as already knowing magic... Well. If they're already strong, It'll give them an edge in regaining control. The Spellcard System will take a while no matter what to convince to return. Its just downright impossible with a weak maiden."

You're not sure about applying as the Shrine Maiden. For one thing, You are a youkai, and if you were ever found out, who knows the outrage that would occur. You'll certainly have an easier time with that new technique, but you're uncertain if it would hold. You're not even sure if youkai actually are physically incapable of being Shrine Maidens. It is a potential possibility, if you run out of options or prefer.

>Oh we're gonna give Marisa a dye job, alright...

^ YES!!!

You do owe her for that Master Spark.

You contemplate Mack the Knife. You're not sure if it fits her, though. You settle on Mackette.

>SMRPG? Heh.
>Contemplate if being hunam Chen is really worth it all. Or being a shrine maiden in general? What do they even do aside from sweep and wear silly clothes?

You contemplate further. Its really weird not having a tail and ears, and you certainly don't feel as strong in that form. As for being a Shrine Maiden, you do know Reimu had to beat people up and stuff. You're not sure if you'd like it.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #418 on: January 27, 2010, 12:00:20 AM »
>SMRPG? Heh.

Oh, so that is where that boss got it's name....

> Sum up possible candidates for Shrine Maiden. Sanae is already a Goddess, so she's out. Sakuya is presumably deceased. Reimu's death is official. Youmu is only half a human. Meira doesn't even deserve it. Rika, Rikako, Chiyuri and Yumemi are all in the Outside World. Akyu has a way to short life span. And Marisa wants our head on a silver platter.

Though, won't Mokou be an option? She was once a normal human, and works at the human village regulary. The Hourai Elixer only gave her magic and immortality, but she's still essentialy a human. I don't think the humans would mind if she became Shrine Maiden.

Chaore

« Reply #419 on: January 27, 2010, 12:05:13 AM »
> Sum up possible candidates for Shrine Maiden. Sanae is already a Goddess, so she's out. Sakuya is presumably deceased. Reimu's death is official. Youmu is only half a human. Meira doesn't even deserve it. Rika, Rikako, Chiyuri and Yumemi are all in the Outside World. Akyu has a way to short life span. And Marisa wants our head on a silver platter.

Though, won't Mokou be an option? She was once a normal human, and works at the human village regulary. The Hourai Elixer only gave her magic and immortality, but she's still essentialy a human. I don't think the humans would mind if she became Shrine Maiden.

You decide to ponder your possibilities. You count out the dead and obviously out. Youmu would never leave Yuyuko, anyway. You're also not sure about all those scientists. Though, you're not sure if they ever left. Akyu would simply keel over dead, if she hasn't already. Marisa and you aren't done with business, besides, you have a feeling she'd never agree to it.

Mokou you're a bit iffy on. The obvious part is trying to get her to agree. She may have lost her rival, but this has only caused her to become more reckless. You don't think she'd want to stop and wait on a shrine.

At that, the village were always a bunch of dicks to her. They likely still see her as a youkai instead of a human, sadly.

You really hate to say it, but the only good human is probably in the human village.