Author Topic: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=  (Read 168712 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Still Chen's Day Out! =^_^=
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 03:43:31 AM »
>BEFORE WE STEP OUT!
>"Oh! Do you know about Meira? Because she's a huge jerk!"

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 03:45:54 AM »
>BEFORE WE STEP OUT!
>"Oh! Do you know about Meira? Because she's a huge jerk!"

You bend space time to do this.

"Meira? I've never heard of her..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 03:59:08 AM »
>"She's a great big jerk who tried to steal the power of the Hakurei shrine. And she had a sword and a weird familiar, but we beat her up so don't worry about her too much. But I dunno if she's learned her lesson. And if gets away she might try to come here and do something else dumb."

Chaore

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010, 04:18:00 AM »
>"She's a great big jerk who tried to steal the power of the Hakurei shrine. And she had a sword and a weird familiar, but we beat her up so don't worry about her too much. But I dunno if she's learned her lesson. And if gets away she might try to come here and do something else dumb."

"....Really now, Well, If I see her. I'll be sure to let her know what I think of her disrespect to the Hakurei shrine..."

Suddenly you think the pond dropped several degrees.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2010, 07:44:53 AM »
> Ack, why does all the interesting stuff happen when I'm not here? And this voice was right about to call us killing Reimu as well. Oh well.
> Add quest: What can change the nature of a Chen? to find out the comprehensive history of what happened from day 1 of THE INCIDENT to the current day.
> Start here: "Sanae, could you please describe, to the best of your ability, what happened during THE INCIDENT, and what happened afterwards. How much time has passed since then?"

Chaore

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2010, 01:58:49 PM »
> Ack, why does all the interesting stuff happen when I'm not here? And this voice was right about to call us killing Reimu as well. Oh well.
> Add quest: What can change the nature of a Chen? to find out the comprehensive history of what happened from day 1 of THE INCIDENT to the current day.
> Start here: "Sanae, could you please describe, to the best of your ability, what happened during THE INCIDENT, and what happened afterwards. How much time has passed since then?"

You add another quest. Then ask Sanae what she knows.

"As for specifics, not much, I can give you a timeline of events though.

The start of THE INCIDENT was the SDM massacre, which left everyone worried and without a perpetrator. SHE then attacked the Moriya Shrine, which was followed directly by the Underground. Eientei went next, and at the same time the Human Village vanished. Byakuren's temple went down next, the first group to try and fight back. Then SHE tried to attack Kourindou, I'm not sure why SHE did it, but SHE was repelled. Then Reimu gathered everyone she could and pulled into the Final Battle.

After that, everyone went a bit nuts fighting over land. The Tengu immediately became under siege by everyone, expecting they were weak from trying to defend us. ...SHE never actually fought them, and slipped right past, so they weren't at all weakened. The fighting lasted for a year or two before the Oni came and everyone thought better. In the meantime, Wriggle had taken control of the Forest, and the fairies migrated. Most of the poltergeist and related chose to move on rather than stay. About the fourth year in, the air started to lose it's magic. Flying became impossible to most people. Up until now, anyone not on the mountain or in the forest has had to literally fight for their land, so no one else has grouped up as far as I know. Does that help?"

You're not sure. Does it?

Fightest

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2010, 02:02:34 PM »
> It does, it gives us a timeline, and a sequence of events. Details of the attacks would be nice, but Sanae probably doesn't know them.
> "Were you present in any of the attacks?"

Chaore

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2010, 02:06:15 PM »
> It does, it gives us a timeline, and a sequence of events. Details of the attacks would be nice, but Sanae probably doesn't know them.
> "Were you present in any of the attacks?"

Sanae blinks. "Huh- Oh, Yes, I was present during the Moriya Shrine attack, but nothing else."

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2010, 03:13:57 PM »
> 'Where did Kourin get the steel iron balls to chase of her? On the other hand, she did have a peculiar relationship with him, maybe Kourin woo'd her into leaving him alone. Either way, he gained my full respect....'

Fightest

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2010, 03:29:28 PM »
Sanae blinks. "Huh- Oh, Yes, I was present during the Moriya Shrine attack, but nothing else."

> "Please describe it to the best of your ability. I understand it may be hard for you."

Chaore

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2010, 03:54:56 PM »
> 'Where did Kourin get the steel iron balls to chase of her? On the other hand, she did have a peculiar relationship with him, maybe Kourin woo'd her into leaving him alone. Either way, he gained my full respect....'

"I didn't hear anything about that, but it doesn't sound like it came out too good for her."

Actually, You're pretty sure you remembered hearing something about a tank.

Yeah, You're pretty sure it was a tank.

> "Please describe it to the best of your ability. I understand it may be hard for you."

"...ah? Well... She just kind of walked up to the shrine. At this point, Lady Suwako and Kanako had figured out what happened at the SDM. I don't know why, but they all agreed to sit down and have some tea before fighting. They told me to go inside to get some snacks, and then everything kind of exploded and the shrine went down. I tried to get out of the rubble to help, but Lady Suwako told me to stay out of the fight. The fight lasted for a long time, and I don't know why anyone didn't come to help. Lady Kanako... well... just kind of lost her faith after a bit, I don't know why, she still had plenty, but it just shifted to Suwako. It caught them both by surprise, so I don't think it was intentional. Then Lady Suwako had the advantage. But... She well...

-Did something-. By all means I still can't grasp what she did, but there was this black light and something was sticking in Lady Suwako... Then all the faith shifted to me. I was confused and had no idea what to do and she just turned that thing towards me. So I used a miracle and ended up here. I didn't exactly get what happened until THE INCIDENT was over, so I only managed to do a bit of clean up here and there."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2010, 04:02:12 PM »
"I didn't hear anything about that, but it doesn't sound like it came out too good for her."

Actually, You're pretty sure you remembered hearing something about a tank.

Yeah, You're pretty sure it was a tank.

*A few weeks before the incident*

Rika: NIGGA STOLE MAH TANK!!!!

(Yes, I think it has to be Evil Eye Sigma, since any other tank would be owned by Yukari. It would be pretty strange if someone can kill gods but isn't capable of destroying one measly human weapon. Evil Eye Sigma on the other hand is the hardest boos in the series so far, if my sources are correct, and is insanely powerful story wise.)

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2010, 04:06:03 PM »
> 'Is there any way to more properly describe this dark light and the being that resides within, or can't it be depicted in normal words?'

Chaore

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2010, 04:26:22 PM »
> 'Is there any way to more properly describe this dark light and the being that resides within, or can't it be depicted in normal words?'

"It well... It felt like the complete opposite of a god, like the negative charge of one. The complete anti-thesis of a faith-based being. Its... Whatever it was, it seems like it was the perfect weapon to fight a god."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2010, 05:09:13 PM »
"It well... It felt like the complete opposite of a god, like the negative charge of one. The complete anti-thesis of a faith-based being. Its... Whatever it was, it seems like it was the perfect weapon to fight a god."

Woop-dee-doo, more Eldtrich Abominations. Though it's quite fitting for Yukari, since her powers do look like something from a Lovecraft or Steven King story.

Fightest

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2010, 05:15:46 PM »
Woop-dee-doo, more Eldtrich Abominations. Though it's quite fitting for Yukari, since her powers do look like something from a Lovecraft or Steven King story.

> Honestly, we need to reinstate the Shrine Maiden with her power over barriers. Barriers are borders' natural predators, philosophically speaking, so once we've got that done, we've got Yukari on the defensive. Beyond that...
> "Sanae, there seems to be something within me that should not be there. Can you see or somehow sense it?"

Chaore

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2010, 05:27:03 PM »
> Honestly, we need to reinstate the Shrine Maiden with her power over barriers. Barriers are borders' natural predators, philosophically speaking, so once we've got that done, we've got Yukari on the defensive. Beyond that...
> "Sanae, there seems to be something within me that should not be there. Can you see or somehow sense it?"

You are rather irked by the strange amount of breaking that is going around lately. You're not sure if its directly related to the lack of a shrine maiden, but you can't imagine its helping.

Sanae blinks. "Not- Oh, I think I recall this. You mean that odd part of you? I see that, Its like its not exactly part of you, but grown in with you."

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2010, 05:27:47 PM »
> Ask Sanae to check us for breast cancer

Fightest

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2010, 05:45:31 PM »

> And then ask for its removal, or directions on how to do so.

Chaore

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2010, 05:47:54 PM »

"What? Oh, the rumors about miracles causing breast cancer were myths. In reality, miracles tend to cure them. Using the pin was perfectly safe."

> And then ask for its removal, or directions on how to do so.

"Well the Miracle should have el- Oh you meant about that thing in you. I uh... Actually am not sure if a miracle to remove it would be prudent, if it was enough of a part of you to not be 'cured' by the pin's miracle, it may be better to look for a different direction. You'd probably need something meant to sever it's tie to you, and someone fairly knowledgable in the subject."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2010, 06:07:15 PM »
"What? Oh, the rumors about miracles causing breast cancer were myths. In reality, miracles tend to cure them. Using the pin was perfectly safe."

"Well the Miracle should have el- Oh you meant about that thing in you. I uh... Actually am not sure if a miracle to remove it would be prudent, if it was enough of a part of you to not be 'cured' by the pin's miracle, it may be better to look for a different direction. You'd probably need something meant to sever it's tie to you, and someone fairly knowledgable in the subject."

> Well, Youmu has that confusion/non-material splicing sword of hers, maybe that would do the trick. Or it would clear up more memories.
> Alice isn't officialy confirmed dead yet, only Patchy and Byakuren. Though I'd trust those two more about this subject, Alice's grimoire might have a solution.

Fightest

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2010, 06:25:07 PM »
> Alice isn't officialy confirmed dead yet, only Patchy and Byakuren. Though I'd trust those two more about this subject, Alice's grimoire might have a solution.

> No deaths should be confirmed based on our memories, since those things are unreliable as hell. Confirmed deaths are those that we've seen with our own eyes, after examining the corpse.

Chaore

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2010, 06:33:22 PM »
> Well, Youmu has that confusion/non-material splicing sword of hers, maybe that would do the trick. Or it would clear up more memories.

You're not sure if Youmu's sword would be able to cut a familiar out... If anything, You're not even sure its a mode she can switch to! You'll take something that isn't also meant to just kill things.

You HAVE no idea if Alice really is dead, though, Wriggle would've mentioned her you think...

> No deaths should be confirmed based on our memories, since those things are unreliable as hell. Confirmed deaths are those that we've seen with our own eyes, after examining the corpse.

Well, You did kill Byakuren yourself.

You're pretty sure on that, given Marisa said that as well.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2010, 08:18:57 PM »
> Ask Sanae if she still counts as a human or as a goddess. If she's already a goddess (or almost is one) can she still take the job of shrine maiden? Or do you really have to be a human for that?
> Propose Sanae the offer that she could move into the Hakyrei Shrine once this is all over. If those stories about Genji are all true then there's also a pond behind there. It's also slightly more easy-access for humans than the Moriya Shrine, giving her more faith.
> Wait, what happened to Genji anyway? Don't tell me Meira/SHE turned him into turtle soup.....

Chaore

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2010, 09:36:27 PM »
> Ask Sanae if she still counts as a human or as a goddess. If she's already a goddess (or almost is one) can she still take the job of shrine maiden? Or do you really have to be a human for that?
> Propose Sanae the offer that she could move into the Hakurei Shrine once this is all over. If those stories about Genji are all true then there's also a pond behind there. It's also slightly more easy-access for humans than the Moriya Shrine, giving her more faith.
> Wait, what happened to Genji anyway? Don't tell me Meira/SHE turned him into turtle soup.....

You pitch your spree of questions to Sanae with a gusto.

You're pretty sure Genji is probably either dead or still there. Who knows.

"...Well, I never formally counted as human, but I'm pretty much a Faith-based being at this point, so a goddess. As far as moving to the Hakurei shrine... I don't think the pond there would be treated the same way as this one to allow me to stay like I am, but I can eventually move there as the shrine's goddess. As far as if I can be a shrine maiden... Well, I'm not entirely sure a goddess can be a Shrine Maiden, but I don't think it'd go to well."

Fightest

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2010, 10:32:13 PM »
Well, You did kill Byakuren yourself.

You're pretty sure on that, given Marisa said that as well.

> Pff, that's a memory, and our brain is like a leaky sieve. Who knows if it might be a leaky sieve that wants to throw in red herrings? And Marisa is hardly a reliable source in her current state.
> "Okay, Sanae, thank you very much for your help. A final question then - do you know where Kourin resides these days?"
> Before leaving: "Oh, I guess I haven't told you what my objective is, have I? I'm going to kill Yukari. I'm gathering like-minded allies to facilitate this goal. Can I trust you to step up when the time comes?"

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2010, 10:42:45 PM »
> "If you can't, we will get you faith. We promise."

Chaore

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2010, 11:57:13 PM »
> Pff, that's a memory, and our brain is like a leaky sieve. Who knows if it might be a leaky sieve that wants to throw in red herrings? And Marisa is hardly a reliable source in her current state.
> "Okay, Sanae, thank you very much for your help. A final question then - do you know where Kourin resides these days?"
> Before leaving: "Oh, I guess I haven't told you what my objective is, have I? I'm going to kill Yukari. I'm gathering like-minded allies to facilitate this goal. Can I trust you to step up when the time comes?"

Sanae grins. "The same place as always, if SHE couldn't move him, who would?"

You then break the big question. Sanae looks confused for a bit before nodding. "Uh...sure, I'll probably be able to help..."

> "If you can't, we will get you faith. We promise."

"Thank you, I'll promise to help however I still can."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2010, 12:01:36 AM »
> Hug Sanae and thank her for the help.
> Leave the divine pond.
> Summon Roc, and head for Kourindou. Though even in the air, you'd better keep a look out and stay focussed. That tank might have anti-air weaponry.

Chaore

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2010, 12:10:58 AM »
> Hug Sanae and thank her for the help.
> Leave the divine pond.
> Summon Roc, and head for Kourindou. Though even in the air, you'd better keep a look out and stay focussed. That tank might have anti-air weaponry.

You would, But that snake looks pretty damn hungry. Is there no one in this world who is not a hazard to hug?!

You exit the pond and head for Kourindou. You get to enjoy watching the Tengu look confused on how you passed them too.

You eventually arrive at Kourindou. The outside looks the same except for the proud tank resting outside. Its obviously broken now, but it fought a good fight. You can't tell what kind of tank it is, it's design is completely foreign to both the outside world and gensokyo.

Not that there were many tanks in the first place.