Author Topic: Reisen Quest: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 89042 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Reisen Quest: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #360 on: January 17, 2010, 08:54:40 PM »
> Calm it further until Nitori comes back
> Think about how Kagua might react if her pet brings back a pet

>The wolf is about as calm as it's going to get now. It's also uselessly dazed, you don't think it could walk straight if it wanted to right now.
>Well, they never told you that you couldn't have a pet... You don't know how the other rabbits would react to a wild animal that would happily dine on a rabbit, though. At the same time, you aren't sure how long you could keep its mind influenced.

>No, this wolf needs to be set free. Let it go, now it has calmed down.
>Unless we want to eat it

>You could probably set it free now, you doubt it would try to do anything other than run after the two of you have been through.

>Ponder the likelihood of a fox wanting to eat a wolf

>You aren't sure what Ran would think of it, and she's the only fox you know. Although it isn't wise to judge animal youkai too strongly on their heritage; you expect Chen probably loves candy a lot more than a typical cat, for instance.

>Ponder the likelihood of a rabbit wanting to eat a wolf

>Meat isn't too popular at Eientei, most rabbits find it an acquired taste. But you don't think anyone would turn their noses up at a stir fry or something. Well...assuming wolf tastes good; you don't have any idea.

>_

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
  • Or does everyone else post too slow
« Reply #361 on: January 17, 2010, 08:57:16 PM »
>LETS FIND OUT.

The five magic rolling stones

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #362 on: January 17, 2010, 08:58:42 PM »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
  • Or does everyone else post too slow
« Reply #363 on: January 17, 2010, 08:59:05 PM »
>what wolf tastes like, of course

The five magic rolling stones

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #364 on: January 17, 2010, 09:01:22 PM »
>Well, how exactly are we going to find out? Feeding to Yakumu residence, Eientei, or just eating it right now?
>If we're going to the Yakumo's, we should probably try to get at least one fish first.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #365 on: January 17, 2010, 09:01:32 PM »
>On second thought, let's not bite into something that is prone to biting into creatures of our species for sustenance purposes
> Back off from the wolf, but keep eyes locked and wait for Nitori to return
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #366 on: January 17, 2010, 09:01:58 PM »
> Letting it go would be stupid after all we went through, so we should consider if it would be possible to tame it
> Momiji might help us communicate with the wolf, so we should ask Nitori where Momiji can be found
> Oh, and now that we have the time, examine the wolf closely

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #367 on: January 17, 2010, 09:05:29 PM »
> Leave the poor wolf and get on with whatever we were supposed to be doing. It's not like we even need it to placate Rumia with. We've got the ruined meat for that.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #368 on: January 17, 2010, 09:06:35 PM »
>The question in that case would be if Rumia would accept horribly burnt and overcooked meat.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #369 on: January 17, 2010, 09:09:18 PM »
>Of course she would, she's Rumia

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #370 on: January 17, 2010, 09:10:11 PM »
> We might consider at least leaving that wolf in Momiji's care. You never know when you might need a wolf
> If we think we don't have time to look for Momiji, leave it up to Nitori to get the wolf to her

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #371 on: January 17, 2010, 09:15:50 PM »
>[/size=7]LETS FIND OUT.[/size]

>Find out which, though? D:
>what wolf tastes like, of course
>Well, how exactly are we going to find out? Feeding to Yakumu residence, Eientei, or just eating it right now?
>If we're going to the Yakumo's, we should probably try to get at least one fish first.
>On second thought, let's not bite into something that is prone to biting into creatures of our species for sustenance purposes
> Back off from the wolf, but keep eyes locked and wait for Nitori to return

>You ponder finding out whether it is worth eating, and decide to put off such questions for now.
>A couple minutes pass before you hear snow crunching, and see Nitori returning, carrying a length of rope over her shoulder. "Wow," says Nitori. "You're like a snake charmer or Satori."

> Letting it go would be stupid after all we went through, so we should consider if it would be possible to tame it
> Momiji might help us communicate with the wolf, so we should ask Nitori where Momiji can be found
> Oh, and now that we have the time, examine the wolf closely

>You've heard of people taming wolves, and wonder if you could pull it off.
>"I dunno if Momiji can talk to them or not," says Nitori. "I could go try to find her if you want."
>While waiting ot Nitori to come, you looked over the wolf. You aren't a good judge of lupines at all, but it doesn't seem to be wounded and it's ribs aren't showing, so it seems to be okay. Maybe it's sick, but you'd have no way to tell beyond some obvious sign.

> Leave the poor wolf and get on with whatever we were supposed to be doing. It's not like we even need it to placate Rumia with. We've got the ruined meat for that.

>You wouldn't give that Ruined Roast to Tewi.

>The question in that case would be if Rumia would accept horribly burnt and overcooked meat.

>Of course she would, she's Rumia

>You've had no dealings with Rumia, you wouldn't know what she'd eat. But you've heard stories that she's really weird.

> We might consider at least leaving that wolf in Momiji's care. You never know when you might need a wolf
> If we think we don't have time to look for Momiji, leave it up to Nitori to get the wolf to her

>You don't know if Momiji could do anything with it or not, although Nitori seems to think there's a possibility.
>You have all day, really. You don't have any appointments aside from getting the Yakumo family some fish.

>_

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #372 on: January 17, 2010, 09:25:21 PM »
> Make a leash out of the rope, put it on the wolf and try to lead it back to the warehouse
> If it can't walk by itself, carry it to the warehouse
> Once it's in there, tie the rope somewhere so it can't get away for now, then get back to carrying scrapmetal before we care about anything else
> Tell Nitori to go and call Momiji while we deal with the metal

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #373 on: January 17, 2010, 09:30:20 PM »
>Add sidequest: Give Ruined Roast to Tewi

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #374 on: January 17, 2010, 09:31:44 PM »
>It'd really be something if we managed to get Tewi to take a bite of that lump of inedible flesh. On the other hand, it would also be very satisfying if we actually pulled it off.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #375 on: January 17, 2010, 09:45:05 PM »
> Make a leash out of the rope, put it on the wolf and try to lead it back to the warehouse
> If it can't walk by itself, carry it to the warehouse
> Once it's in there, tie the rope somewhere so it can't get away for now, then get back to carrying scrapmetal before we care about anything else
> Tell Nitori to go and call Momiji while we deal with the metal

>You make a leash out of the rope and slip it around the wolf's neck. It immediately starts to buck and struggle against it; it clearly does not like this thing and it endangers the calm you created in its mind.
>You suspect if it didn't like being petted, it'll outright hate being carried. It looks kinda heavy, anyways. You don't think you're going to get it to the warehouse like this.

>It'd really be something if we managed to get Tewi to take a bite of that lump of inedible flesh. On the other hand, it would also be very satisfying if we actually pulled it off.

>That would be so satisfying, but you have no idea how you'd do it.

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #376 on: January 17, 2010, 09:54:42 PM »
> That sidequest is quite easily done. Giving it to Tewi to do whatever she wants with it is far simpler than making her eat it.

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #377 on: January 17, 2010, 09:56:41 PM »
> Take off the leash and calm the wolf a bit again
> The burned meat is still meat, so take some out and look if it reacts to it
> If it does, lure it to the warehouse with the meat

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #378 on: January 17, 2010, 10:00:58 PM »
> That sidequest is quite easily done. Giving it to Tewi to do whatever she wants with it is far simpler than making her eat it.

>You'd have to find her, first.

> Take off the leash and calm the wolf a bit again
> The burned meat is still meat, so take some out and look if it reacts to it
> If it does, lure it to the warehouse with the meat

>You take the leash off, and set to calming the animal again. It's a little easier to do this time, it's already becalmed, and you have some idea how to do it with this wold now.
>You do not have this item.
>"What're you trying to do?" Nitori asks.

>_
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:21:26 PM by Purvist Samurai »

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #379 on: January 17, 2010, 10:06:37 PM »
//Argh, damn, left the meat with Ran, someone kill me

> Try swinging the rope like a pendulum an look if the wolf will follow it
> Nitori's still there, right? Ask her for ideas on how to get the wolf to move

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #380 on: January 17, 2010, 10:23:37 PM »
//Argh, damn, left the meat with Ran, someone kill me

> Try swinging the rope like a pendulum an look if the wolf will follow it
> Nitori's still there, right? Ask her for ideas on how to get the wolf to move

>It kinda follows the rope, but in its current state of mind it doesn't have a great deal of interest in such things.
>Nitori is there. "Well, uh, I could bring Momiji here, if I can find her. You wanted her, right?"

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #381 on: January 17, 2010, 10:30:36 PM »
> "Yes, bring Momiji here"
> Sing to the wolf

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #382 on: January 17, 2010, 10:32:55 PM »
> Try if you can lure the wolf into the direction of the warehouse a few steps at a time by swinging the rope
> If that fails, wait for Nitori to return once again while calming the wolf if it starts to get agitated

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #383 on: January 17, 2010, 11:25:55 PM »
> "Yes, bring Momiji here"
> Sing to the wolf

>"On it!" Nitori says, as she dashes off.
>You sing to the wolf! It does not seem perturbed by this.

> Try if you can lure the wolf into the direction of the warehouse a few steps at a time by swinging the rope
> If that fails, wait for Nitori to return once again while calming the wolf if it starts to get agitated

>You try to get the wolf to follow the rope, but it does not seem very interested in moving from the spot it's in right now.
>You hear footsteps approaching. Glancing over, you can see Momoji and Nitori drawing near. "Wow," says Momiji, "I've never seen someone get so close to one like that before."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #384 on: January 17, 2010, 11:53:39 PM »
>Internally ponder what Momizi's day job/social life must be like if all it takes to get her to appear is "hey Reisen caught a wolf come see!"
>Make sure these thoughts are not given voice
>"I was hoping you'd know what to do with it. I don't know if you could maybe communicate with it, or have an idea of where it could be taken..."

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #385 on: January 18, 2010, 12:06:25 AM »
>"On the other hand, I'm curious about why it was hiding in a pile of scrap metal."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #386 on: January 18, 2010, 12:10:09 AM »
>Internally ponder what Momizi's day job/social life must be like if all it takes to get her to appear is "hey Reisen caught a wolf come see!"
>Make sure these thoughts are not given voice
>"I was hoping you'd know what to do with it. I don't know if you could maybe communicate with it, or have an idea of where it could be taken..."

>Either she has a heart of gold, or very little to do. Alternately, Nitori might have twisted her arm. Regardless, you're happy she's here.
>"Well, uh, I can talk with them a little bit," says Momiji. "But it sure look like you did a number on him. What'd you do, exactly?"

>"On the other hand, I'm curious about why it was hiding in a pile of scrap metal."

>"Probably thought it was a good place to sleep," says Momiji. "Or maybe he just likes tight spots."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #387 on: January 18, 2010, 12:16:38 AM »
>"Shot around him to intimidate him, messed with some wavelengths to confuse him. I did brain him with a piece of metal, but only as a last resort to get him still enough that I could try to calm him down."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #388 on: January 18, 2010, 12:24:59 AM »
>"Shot around him to intimidate him, messed with some wavelengths to confuse him. I did brain him with a piece of metal, but only as a last resort to get him still enough that I could try to calm him down."

>Momiji nods. "He's really out of it right now. Think you could undo what you did?"

>_

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #389 on: January 18, 2010, 12:45:20 AM »
>If at all possible, undo what we did but keep the wolf calm while doing so.