Author Topic: Bug Report Thread  (Read 366039 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: Bug Report Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 12:13:55 AM »
Internet Explorer 9 works perfectly for me. Chrome screws everything up. Firefox is usually fine, but sometimes text appears weird. I find IE is faster and simpler than those others.
Uhh I've been on Chrome dev channel for over a year and a half now and I've never had any issues.  And it's what I test my designs against.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 02:13:49 AM »
I admit it's probably an IE9 issue I'm having, because Firefox displays space between lines perfectly. I don't know why different people's IE9 would show the site differently.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2012, 03:36:49 AM »
Quick question to TSO, just to make sure it's not something else, ya fiddling around with the server, right?
I'm getting 403s and timeouts every now and then since yesterday or something. Just to be sure
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 03:49:45 AM »
I changed a lot of backend stuff yesterday yes.  I'm not sure where the 403s are coming from, I'll keep an eye on it.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2012, 04:48:46 AM »
Hm, kay. The 403s happened today only, hour and a half ago or something, got me locked in the caf? without anything else MotK opening.
Only lasted a minute or two. And a timeout here and there. Just some additional info
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2012, 11:12:13 AM »
Yeah, I'm was getting 403's on TARC and LJ, at least. Just the main links to the boards though - links to threads within those boards work fine.

edit: Seems to be fine now though.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2012, 02:40:20 AM »
The 403s are likely caused by some tuning I need to do.  It'll have to wait until I get a few new toys together.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2012, 12:04:34 AM »
I've been finding myself 403'd out of the site for many hours at a time in the past few days. No idea if this is a common problem or something specific to how I do my thing.

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2012, 12:39:17 AM »
I've been finding myself 403'd out of the site for many hours at a time in the past few days. No idea if this is a common problem or something specific to how I do my thing.

This has been happening to me too.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2012, 01:30:22 AM »

The 403s are likely caused by some tuning I need to do.  It'll have to wait until I get a few new toys together.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2012, 04:22:18 AM »
There, should be resolved now.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2012, 05:32:15 PM »
yay o/

Tengukami

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2012, 05:36:25 PM »
Awesome!

From a purely tech-nerd POV, I'm curious to know what the issue was. Anything to do with moving away from Henrietta?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2012, 06:13:03 PM »
Partially.

The webchat script was moved to henrietta and it's rather tempermental.  I didn't want to run it as root (ports under 1024 you have to have root, and port 80 is http), so I tried to setup a proxy with Squid to share the same port between the normal webserver for the forum and the webchat script.  Squid is just something I'm unfamiliar with.  It worked but 10% of the time Squid would go "lol I dunno" and throw a 403 saying it couldn't access whatever.  So I reconfigured it a different way, by using a module in our webserver to redirect traffic to the webchat script if you went to webchat.ppirc.net.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2012, 09:30:32 PM »
The moral of the story is that you have to beat Ikamusume senseless until she does what you want.

Therefore, TSO is now...

Tengukami

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2012, 10:19:29 PM »
I do hear her shrimp fried rice is amazing
Spoiler:
de geso.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2012, 10:55:14 PM »
I'm having trouble with webchat, I keep getting redirected to this instead: http://domainnotfound.optimum.net/cablevassist/dnsassist/main/?domain=webchat.ppirc.net

EDIT: And now its working again.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:00:16 AM by capt. h »

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2012, 07:04:39 AM »
Issue 1: I'm still getting 403 errors.

Issue 2: The search function doesn't seem to be working. No matter what I run a search for, it doesn't seem to find anything; the search results page doesn't list any hits.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2012, 04:06:52 AM »
Search isn't working because I forgot to restart the search daemon, it should be working now.  As for 403s I need to know exactly where and when you were getting them so I can try to track them down.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 04:09:41 AM by helvetica »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2012, 04:14:30 AM »
Doesn't seem to be any real pattern to them. The boards I visit most are RPG, PSL, and HME, and that's where I've been seeing them, but that's only because I almost never visit other boards, so there's no guarantee it's limited to those three. Within those boards, I've had it hapen when refreshing a page, clicking on a topic, or clicking on the link from a topic back to the board.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2012, 01:10:39 AM »
On the off chance nobody noticed, the whole site was down for about 18 hours. <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Seventh Holy Scripture

• Err... d'ya need somethin' from me?
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2012, 01:12:51 AM »
Yeah, the disk was full and TSO was not around to look into it.

In the future, maybe the webserver logs ought to be rotated and autowiped instead of accumulating into 13 gigs of wasted space.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2012, 01:13:56 AM »
On the off chance nobody noticed, the whole site was down for about 18 hours. <_<

I'm sure every frequent visitor was aware of this. :V

Also thanks 7HS :D

UsadaLettuce

• 8|
  • Heroic Lily
    • Roger Rabbit!
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2012, 02:00:41 AM »
Noticed it a while ago while browsing on mobile.

Ibaraki Ibuki

• The Forum Fool
  • Happy Horned Hermit
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2012, 03:10:14 AM »

Search isn't working because I forgot to restart the search daemon, it should be working now. 
For some reason, search still seems to be down; it's not returning any results.
Some of Master's sayings:
Nothing happened, but that's still an extra.
Yesterday was not special; tomorrow will be.
Strange and romantic is the fate.

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2012, 04:32:48 AM »

Yeah, gave me one less thing to do throughout today. Glad it's back up now.

All I remembered was that it had something to do with database access. Not sure how overflow of serverlogs would have to do with it.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2012, 05:24:30 AM »
For some reason, search still seems to be down; it's not returning any results.

It's working for me now, so you may be having a different problem.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2012, 06:29:38 AM »
That.
Was REALLY painful.
During the 18 hours.

Seventh Holy Scripture

• Err... d'ya need somethin' from me?
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2012, 06:42:15 AM »
[23:36:44] <|7hs|> wtf i deleted a file in /var/log/lighttpd and it came back

:ohdear:

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2012, 06:49:12 AM »
So....I'm getting 500 Errors when I try to connect to IRC.
Is it me? or is it something serverside?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure