Author Topic: Chen's Day Out! ヾ(^∇^)  (Read 175756 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Chen's Day Out! ヾ(^∇^)
« Reply #780 on: January 17, 2010, 11:44:00 PM »
> Plan to get rid of Meira: smoke her out. If she comes after us, just leave, she's only one person, we're an army of bugs and fairies. She'll tire out before we do. Surround the barrier, then start fires just outside across the whole circumference, the barrier will keep some of the smoke inside itself, allowing it to accumulate. Don't even bother fighting her.

You're not even sure she'd need to leave the barrier, that thing was capable of getting far enough to hit the ice wall, after all.

> "I'd ask Marisa for help with this, but I just learned she's got some kind of murderous vendetta against me...  Have you heard anything about me before or after the incident?  I may have had some lapses in memory..."

"Eh? Well... No, Not really. I've been having to take care of the library while Mistress is out~ I don't get vacations, you know!"

> 'I'm not sure how she was capable of making that thing, but I think she corrupted the Maiden's power to summon the power of the gods, bringing in horrific beings instead. The Bug Queen described it quite accurately as 'something that should have never existed'. To think she can do this with the Maiden's power. I knew the Maiden was strong, but this is ridiculous! A person like her should never have this might....'

I'm happy Meira doesn't know Fantasy Dream, or else she'll be effectively invincible.......She doesn't know about it, right? ....Right?

"Hmm... No, No. I don't think its like that, the power to use a god's might is generally a two-way thing. You need a god's approval to wield their power. While they're certainly horrific gods out there, I don't think any would actually summon themselves if you called on them. I think this is something else. She probably can't use the power of the god's, at least, not yet."

> Mwahaha.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #781 on: January 17, 2010, 11:48:30 PM »
> "Hah...  It seems like things just won't get any better...  Do you have an idea of what the monstrosity could be then?"
> Make mental note to attempt to open the basement door again on your way out.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #782 on: January 17, 2010, 11:49:59 PM »
You're not even sure she'd need to leave the barrier, that thing was capable of getting far enough to hit the ice wall, after all.

> Shrug. It seems to need her concentration to target, so it's much the same thing. Even if it doesn't need her concentration to target, it's still unidirectional, and can't cover the entire circumference by itself. If it's omnidirectional and independent, then we abandon this whole Hakurei Shrine thing, and come up with another plan.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #783 on: January 17, 2010, 11:52:41 PM »
> Mwahaha.

Oh dear Shinki, I'm starting to give you ideas, aren't I? :-[

> Like Kasu said, ask what Demon thinks it is.
> 'Is there anything powerful enough to destroy such a thing? Would an Oni be enough? And if we only slay the usurper, would it dissapear?'
> 'Also, Demon, I want to ask you something about this mansion once we're done talking about the monster.'
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:54:20 PM by OkashiiNaito »

Chaore

« Reply #784 on: January 17, 2010, 11:59:00 PM »
> "Hah...  It seems like things just won't get any better...  Do you have an idea of what the monstrosity could be then?"
> Make mental note to attempt to open the basement door again on your way out.

Demon sips her tea before continuing.

"Well, Its kind of obvious. Its either a Shikigami or a Familiar. Most shikigami tend to have more conventional powers however, and are almost never stronger than their owner. So chances are it is some kind of familiar. The issue is it breaks standard fare, It seems to have a shape, but doesn't seem to have one, right?

Like this, It is probably more a manifestation of a familiar that is failing for some reason. Either the contract is messed up, or the familiar itself is distorted in some way. Whatever this is still seems to be able to manifest despite this however, and is effectively not there or non-existent. So you can't force it to disappear via wounds, just by owner control."

> Shrug. It seems to need her concentration to target, so it's much the same thing. Even if it doesn't need her concentration to target, it's still unidirectional, and can't cover the entire circumference by itself. If it's omnidirectional and independent, then we abandon this whole Hakurei Shrine thing, and come up with another plan.

It'd take a while, but you might be able to pull this off. If it really is like a familiar though...

Oh dear Shinki, I'm starting to give you ideas, aren't I? :-[

> Like Kasu said, ask what Demon thinks it is.
> 'Is there anything powerful enough to destroy such a thing? Would an Oni be enough? And if we only slay the usurper, would it dissapear?'
> 'Also, Demon, I want to ask you something about this mansion once we're done talking about the monster.'

> Mwahaha.

"You might be able to completely distort it's presence, but it'd be pretty tough to manage. If you managed to kill it's summoner, its going to disappear for sure. And sure, What about it?"

Fightest

« Reply #785 on: January 18, 2010, 12:03:22 AM »
> Yep, this voice wants to go with the smoke-her-out plan. Simplest, with least play on uncertainties. Although we'll need to test the response capabilities of the familiar first. Of course, backup plans involving Oni are always welcome.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #786 on: January 18, 2010, 12:06:36 AM »
> 'Well, Demon, my late Mistress once told me a fairy tale. No not the Gap Youkai, my real mistress, Ran. She told me of a horrible monster that lived in the basement of an abandoned mansion. This beast was merciless, and kidnapped people if they were bad. She told me that if I ever brought mice again into the house, the monster would come and kidnap me. Demon...the thing in the basement.....is that the monster?'

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #787 on: January 18, 2010, 12:07:50 AM »
> Yep, this voice wants to go with the smoke-her-out plan. Simplest, with least play on uncertainties. Although we'll need to test the response capabilities of the familiar first. Of course, backup plans involving Oni are always welcome.

Count me in. It'll give us bonus points in cunning!

Chaore

« Reply #788 on: January 18, 2010, 12:13:30 AM »

You make a note to get this started then.

> 'Well, Demon, my late Mistress once told me a fairy tale. No not the Gap Youkai, my real mistress, Ran. She told me of a horrible monster that lived in the basement of an abandoned mansion. This beast was merciless, and kidnapped people if they were bad. She told me that if I ever brought mice again into the house, the monster would come and kidnap me. Demon...the thing in the basement.....is that the monster?'

"W...well, its just a fairy tale and... Just don't go in the basement!"

Demon looks panicked at your question.

Count me in. It'll give us bonus points in cunning!

> Whadda you think this is, King's Quest?

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #789 on: January 18, 2010, 12:21:15 AM »
Demon sips her tea before continuing.

"Well, Its kind of obvious. Its either a Shikigami or a Familiar. Most shikigami tend to have more conventional powers however, and are almost never stronger than their owner. So chances are it is some kind of familiar. The issue is it breaks standard fare, It seems to have a shape, but doesn't seem to have one, right?

Like this, It is probably more a manifestation of a familiar that is failing for some reason. Either the contract is messed up, or the familiar itself is distorted in some way. Whatever this is still seems to be able to manifest despite this however, and is effectively not there or non-existent. So you can't force it to disappear via wounds, just by owner control."

It'd take a while, but you might be able to pull this off. If it really is like a familiar though...

I'm starting to get the impression Meira is using Fantasy Heaven on her 'familiar'.

> Ask if Demon has anymore advise on the situation, and if she could provide us with a tome that might help us in the upcoming battle.
> Bid Demon farewell, and promise her to keep a look out for her mistress and to stay out of the basement.
> Stay. Out. Of. The. Basement. We don't want to be kidnapped by the Boogieman, do we? Instead, if we manage to capture Meira, throw her into the basement >:D
> Check Roc if he's healed.
> If so, head for Tengu Village to ask Suika for backup.

EDIT: > Could Demon possibly know something about Shark familiars, poisoned lakes and endless pits?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 12:26:34 AM by OkashiiNaito »

Chaore

« Reply #790 on: January 18, 2010, 12:29:34 AM »
I'm starting to get the impression Meira is using Fantasy Heaven on her 'familiar'.

> Ask if Demon has anymore advise on the situation, and if she could provide us with a tome that might help us in the upcoming battle.
> Bid Demon farewell, and promise her to keep a look out for her mistress and to stay out of the basement.
> Stay. Out. Of. The. Basement. We don't want to be kidnapped by the Boogieman, do we? Instead, if we manage to capture Meira, throw her into the basement >:D
> Check Roc if he's healed.
> If so, head for Tengu Village to ask Suika for backup.

"Well. I'd try to work on the broken familiar if you're going to fight her. Maybe get rid of what shes using to summon it? I don't think messing up a contract you're connected to is usually a smart idea. Other than that, I'd just hope you're strong enough to fight her. I don't know any other good tomes you'd learn easily..."

You bid farewell to Demon and leave rather quickly. That basement frightens you.

THE ROC appears to be still out. This is rather inconvenient to have to rely on him. If only you had alternatives...

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #791 on: January 18, 2010, 12:38:59 AM »
> Ponder what Meira would use as her contract item. A hidden amulet or scroll? A stone? The Shrine itself? Her sword?

Chaore

« Reply #792 on: January 18, 2010, 12:43:39 AM »
> Ponder what Meira would use as her contract item. A hidden amulet or scroll? A stone? The Shrine itself? Her sword?

It'd probably be something portable, like your pentagram stone. It also needs to be on her person. This could be a wide variety of objects, though her sword isn't an impossibility.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #793 on: January 18, 2010, 12:47:01 AM »
> Run over to the bugs and fairies and start sharing your 'smoke out the usurper' plan with them.

Every time I say usurper I suddenly picture Meira with Zant's helmet....

Chaore

« Reply #794 on: January 18, 2010, 12:58:04 AM »
> Run over to the bugs and fairies and start sharing your 'smoke out the usurper' plan with them.

Every time I say usurper I suddenly picture Meira with Zant's helmet....

You head over to what remains of the group- Cirno and Wriggle are still there- and pitch the idea to them. They get the idea and begining making more detailed versions. In the end, its Fairies making fires around the barrier, with Bugs ready to rush Meira if she comes out. It'll take a while for them to get everything ready.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #795 on: January 18, 2010, 01:00:58 AM »
> In between this time, head for Tengu Village. Even if Roc isn't ready yet, you can already start walking to the direction. Better than just standing there doing nothing. Once Roc is up and running again, fly to Tengu Village.
> Skip forward to Tengu Village and meet up with Suika.

Chaore

« Reply #796 on: January 18, 2010, 01:04:14 AM »
> In between this time, head for Tengu Village. Even if Roc isn't ready yet, you can already start walking to the direction. Better than just standing there doing nothing. Once Roc is up and running again, fly to Tengu Village.
> Skip forward to Tengu Village and meet up with Suika.

Eventually you get to the Tengu Village and meet up with Suika. She waves.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #797 on: January 18, 2010, 01:08:55 AM »
> 'Suika, you're not gonna like this....but someone nicked Reimu's shrine. And her powers. And her favorite tea cup.' *brace for inevitable explosion of rage*
> Explain the situation in it's entirety to Suika, and tell her about the plan. Ask if she would want to help.
> Also, ask if the Tengu could forge a weapon for you, like a sword or knife. Would help against Lady Slash-a-lot.

Chaore

« Reply #798 on: January 18, 2010, 01:15:16 AM »
> 'Suika, you're not gonna like this....but someone nicked Reimu's shrine. And her powers. And her favorite tea cup.' *brace for inevitable explosion of rage*
> Explain the situation in it's entirety to Suika, and tell her about the plan. Ask if she would want to help.
> Also, ask if the Tengu could forge a weapon for you, like a sword or knife. Would help against Lady Slash-a-lot.

Suika blinks, then takes a swig from her gourd. "Its going to be one of those days, innit."

You explain the situation to Suika. "Ah, Jeez. Shes messing with the damn barrier? And shes got some kind of unstoppable doom boat. Who the hell is this Meira broad, And why haven't we heard of her before? I'm in for helping, aye, aye."

You pitch the idea about getting you a weapon.

"Eh? Don't- Oh, Right. Swords kinda beat out claws don't they. Uhhhh. Maybe, I might be able to pick you up something from their armory."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #799 on: January 18, 2010, 01:19:41 AM »
> Nyaaa in glee for getting Suika to help and for getting a weapon.

I'm surprised Suika took it so well. Also, she now did start taking swigs again, which is good according to Yuugi, right?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:24:21 AM by OkashiiNaito »

Chaore

« Reply #800 on: January 18, 2010, 01:22:31 AM »
> Nyaaa in glee for getting Suika to help and for getting a weapon.

You Nyaa. Suika gives an Oni Laugh.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #801 on: January 18, 2010, 01:46:53 AM »
> Head for the armory with Suika and obtain the most badass looking sword you can carry.
> Ask Suika about SDM's basement.

Chaore

« Reply #802 on: January 18, 2010, 01:56:32 AM »
> Head for the armory with Suika and obtain the most badass looking sword you can carry.
> Ask Suika about SDM's basement.

You and Suika head to the armory. Unsurprisingly, its filled with a bunch of spare swords. You pick out the least damaged and newest looking one. Its of a different make then most of the swords you've seen.

Suika raises a brow. "Sure you want that one? Tengu 'parently found it somewhere. Most find it hard to wield."

You ask about the basement.

"Ah? I heard Marisa went down there once. Dunno what happened there.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #803 on: January 18, 2010, 02:03:29 AM »
> Oooooo.  This sword may have some kinda power. =D
> Head for the shrine.
> "By the way Suika... Were you aware Marisa has a vendetta against me?"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #804 on: January 18, 2010, 02:11:08 AM »
> Examine sword. Is it a kantana? Is it ethereal or blazing red? Does it have some initials on it? Like Y.K. or T.H.? (or in reverse if you go for Japanese spelling). Perhaps even Myon or Tenko?

Chaore

« Reply #805 on: January 18, 2010, 02:18:34 AM »
> Oooooo.  This sword may have some kinda power. =D
> Head for the shrine.
> "By the way Suika... Were you aware Marisa has a vendetta against me?"

It might. You don't know.

Its only been a while, Are you sure you wish to leave now?

"Wait what? I dinn't know she was alive, Why would I know that?"

> Examine sword. Is it a kantana? Is it ethereal or blazing red? Does it have some initials on it? Like Y.K. or T.H.? (or in reverse if you go for Japanese spelling). Perhaps even Myon or Tenko?

Well. No. Its definitely not a Katana. Its completely unlike any weapon you've seen before. Its too thick, and it doesn't swing like any Katana. Its like it's weight is supposed to give it cutting power or something.

Well, Whatever. You're sure it'll come in handy.

You obtain the ODD SWORD.

Fightest

« Reply #806 on: January 18, 2010, 09:12:27 AM »
> A nice scimitar or falchion then. That's quite useful.
> Head back to the shrine anyway, this whole "bugs rush her" bit is, ha, bugging me. It's going to lead to more casualties - it's good to have the fairies start the fires, since they're essentially indestructible, but both fairies and bugs should scamper when Meira comes out. Only when she's weakened, either through fatigue or smoke inhalation, should the bugs even think of going for her. Tell this to the Anti-Meira Force High Command (i.e. Wriggle and Cirno) and continue on our way. We have Marisa to deal with.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #807 on: January 18, 2010, 03:44:32 PM »
We have Marisa to deal with.

Woah, woah, so are we going to check the Anti-Meira Force or confront Marisa? Even with Suika on our side I think facing Marisa is a bit risky. She's a lot more nimble than Meira after all, and she can disintegrate everything with Master Spark....

Though we could just stay in the shadows while Suika talks to her and tells her about the Meira problem. When Suika manages to sweet talk Marisa a bit it may be possible to meet her in person (it's inevitable after all). Hopefully she would think Meira to be a larger problem than poor lil' Chen. With Marisa along with us Meira won't stand a chance!

> Do what Fightest instructed. First meet up with the AMF, then find Marisa and urge her to join us.

Chaore

« Reply #808 on: January 18, 2010, 04:23:20 PM »
> A nice scimitar or falchion then. That's quite useful.
> Head back to the shrine anyway, this whole "bugs rush her" bit is, ha, bugging me. It's going to lead to more casualties - it's good to have the fairies start the fires, since they're essentially indestructible, but both fairies and bugs should scamper when Meira comes out. Only when she's weakened, either through fatigue or smoke inhalation, should the bugs even think of going for her. Tell this to the Anti-Meira Force High Command (i.e. Wriggle and Cirno) and continue on our way. We have Marisa to deal with.

You're not sure what this is, but crap this thing is heavy. Pretty long too.

You head back to the shrine, They've not started doing much yet, instead they seem to be gathering some wood boards. A few fire seem to be put out around the barrier though, so you think they tried it. You check in with Wriggle and Cirno and pitch the changes you thought of.

"...That would actually be smarter... Oh, Also, We found a small snag in the barrier plan. It has a roof to protect against something flying in, but its actually porous enough to allow air in and out. We're going to try and cover it with wood to get over that."

> Do what Fightest instructed. First meet up with the AMF, then find Marisa and urge her to join us.

You consider trying to get Marisa on your side. I mean, She can't have gotten that stubborn, Right?

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #809 on: January 18, 2010, 04:33:37 PM »
Just as planned. Kukukuku.

> Anyway, head with Suika and Roc to the Forest of Magic, and search for Marisa's cabin. Be VERY, VERY CAUTIOUS, and stick close to Suika and Roc. Once we find her, let Suika do the talking first while you hide yourself (like underneath Roc's wings).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 04:35:48 PM by OkashiiNaito »