Author Topic: Chen's Day Out! ヾ(^∇^)  (Read 175780 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Chen's Day Out! ヾ(^∇^)
« Reply #480 on: January 09, 2010, 09:09:03 PM »
>"Maybe it's crazy? Hey...can't familiars usually talk?"

"It...may be? That was pretty much the second familiar I've seen, and your Eagle there was the first I've seen in my life. I'm afraid you'd need to ask someone more versed in their use about that..."

You're sure it doesn't stop THE ROC from communicating with you, Even if he doesn't really speak. He and Yuugi seemed to get along too... maybe hes special?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #481 on: January 09, 2010, 09:14:08 PM »
>And DEMON is happy to talk, so long as you're civil...
>"It didn't really try to, though..."

Chaore

« Reply #482 on: January 09, 2010, 09:16:22 PM »
>And DEMON is happy to talk, so long as you're civil...
>"It didn't really try to, though..."

You note Demon is probably a bit different than a bladed land swimming death shark. After all, shes humanoid. ...And a Demon, which is also a whole set of rules.

"I imagine it probably saw us as a threat immediately, or just didn't care to..."

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #483 on: January 09, 2010, 09:41:12 PM »
> Or it's protecting the location on absolute orders, there'd be no other reason for it to be so defensive. This is probably not its chosen territory, as the pool of water is probably as much of a hindrance to it as anyone else. Thus it's a guardian.
> We'd have to chase it out.

Chaore

« Reply #484 on: January 09, 2010, 09:43:37 PM »
> Or it's protecting the location on absolute orders, there'd be no other reason for it to be so defensive. This is probably not its chosen territory, as the pool of water is probably as much of a hindrance to it as anyone else. Thus it's a guardian.
> We'd have to chase it out.

You figure this was probably the reason its there. I mean, it had to carve out a room just for it.

You'll have to get rid of it to fix the water issue.

Fightest

« Reply #485 on: January 09, 2010, 10:57:38 PM »
> Most likely way to get rid of a protective guardian is to make it unfavourable for it to guard the area.
> But that's boring and vague.
> We're gonna need an Oni, maybe also an audience for the upcoming...
> SHARK-WRESTLING BATTLE!
> Oh, wait, tengu might not let them leave...
> Could try anyway, unless anyone has any clever ideas.

Chaore

« Reply #486 on: January 09, 2010, 11:12:15 PM »
> Most likely way to get rid of a protective guardian is to make it unfavourable for it to guard the area.
> But that's boring and vague.
> Oh, wait, tengu might not let them leave...
> Could try anyway, unless anyone has any clever ideas.

Oni Vs Shark. That would be amazing. It does seem unlikely the Tengu would let them leave, especially since it doesn't bother them at all.

Really they're bastards like that. You'd need to convince them its dire to them, And even then, you wonder if an Oni would be enough...

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #487 on: January 09, 2010, 11:14:39 PM »

This.

Just this.

> Another possibility on where the shark came from (but don't tell Yamame) : Maybe SHE is also causing disasters while she's dreaming. Your not sure how powerful SHE is and if she could change the world subconsciously, but you've seen stuff exploding everytime she sneezes, and she made those dozens of blankets from thin air. Looking at her...peculiar personality, she might just be the person to dream of LAND SHARKS.

Or, she, you know, did this on one of her trips outside.

Chaore

« Reply #488 on: January 10, 2010, 02:38:52 AM »
This.

Just this.

> Another possibility on where the shark came from (but don't tell Yamame) : Maybe SHE is also causing disasters while she's dreaming. Your not sure how powerful SHE is and if she could change the world subconsciously, but you've seen stuff exploding everytime she sneezes, and she made those dozens of blankets from thin air. Looking at her...peculiar personality, she might just be the person to dream of LAND SHARKS.

Or, she, you know, did this on one of her trips outside.

You're really dead set on ONI VS. LAND SHARK FIGHTING. You need a plan to get the Tengu worried...

You also contemplate if SHE was doing this. You imagine shes probably still fairly weak, but its not beyond her... But she hardly sleeps, you're not even sure how long its been since your last day off. And you don't see her leave... So... You wonder when she did this.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #489 on: January 10, 2010, 04:15:41 AM »
>Ponder if the tengu could actually do anything to stop the oni from leaving if they wanted to. It seems that if the oni are the real muscle, like Suika said, then they hold all the cards around there.

Chaore

« Reply #490 on: January 10, 2010, 04:40:02 AM »
>Ponder if the tengu could actually do anything to stop the oni from leaving if they wanted to. It seems that if the oni are the real muscle, like Suika said, then they hold all the cards around there.

You do have to wonder. Sure there are shitloads more tengu than Suika, Yuugi, And whoever else survived a nuclear explosion... But they're damn -oni-. You figure they really don't want to lose their comfy spot in Tengu Society. I mean, they don't really even have to -work-.

Suddenly, you envy Suika a good deal...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #491 on: January 10, 2010, 04:59:10 AM »
>"I wonder if you could lure it out of the rock with some meat like fishing? Or I guess someone could distract it and we find out what's at the end of that tunnel while it is. I wonder if it could tell if a faerie was flying through there?"

Chaore

« Reply #492 on: January 10, 2010, 05:03:55 AM »
>"I wonder if you could lure it out of the rock with some meat like fishing? Or I guess someone could distract it and we find out what's at the end of that tunnel while it is. I wonder if it could tell if a faerie was flying through there?"

Yamame shrugs. "How am I going to know how it'll act, You're the one with a familiar."

Shes got you there...

Fightest

« Reply #493 on: January 10, 2010, 09:06:05 AM »
> Tengu are being all territorial, right? Hopefully Suika has them under control by now, since here's what we can do:
> Convince the tengu that expansion is in their best interests, that building a second power base spreads their assets and makes them less vulnerable to attack.
> Further, tell them that the Underground youkai community are desperate for allies, and that they would do anything to ally with the tengu.
> Obviously, to secure such an alliance, an embassy would be required, and what's the best ambassador than a mighty oni to show the Undergrounders the tengu's superiority?
> Upon arrival, the ambassador hears about a landshark plaguing the Undergrounders' territory, and, being her gracious self, drives the shark out. The Undergrounders are grateful and agree to a treaty that's favourable to the tengu.
> None of this "unfavourable treaty" stuff is actually true, except for the ambassador wrestling a shark. Although making some sort of agreement is really welcome, need to band together and all that.
> Share plan with Yamame.
> [edit] This plan hinges on the hope that the tengu won't ever actually leave their territory to confirm what's going on with the Underground. This seems reasonable, as long as their leaders have them convinced that everything's going smoothly.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #494 on: January 10, 2010, 11:52:30 AM »
> tl;dr

Fightest

« Reply #495 on: January 10, 2010, 12:40:53 PM »
> tl;dr

> ITT: shady politics that get us what we want.

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
  • Or does everyone else post too slow
« Reply #496 on: January 10, 2010, 12:44:04 PM »
>Or you could get the spiders to build a web trap. Which the shark will get caught in, like ROC did.

The five magic rolling stones

Fightest

« Reply #497 on: January 10, 2010, 12:51:59 PM »
>Or you could get the spiders to build a web trap. Which the shark will get caught in, like ROC did.

> Pff, that doesn't involve an oni wrestling a shark. Also, it's gonna be real hard to web the ground.

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
« Reply #498 on: January 10, 2010, 12:53:12 PM »
>No, you get them to build a web from one wall to the other at a slight altitude, and then lure the shark to jump up and then get trapped in the web.

Fightest

« Reply #499 on: January 10, 2010, 01:20:24 PM »
>No, you get them to build a web from one wall to the other at a slight altitude, and then lure the shark to jump up and then get trapped in the web.

> What if it cuts the web anchors? It might also attack the spiders whilst they're building the web - it could be a slow process. Worth checking, though, of course.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #500 on: January 10, 2010, 01:23:10 PM »
> What if it cuts the web anchors? It might also attack the spiders whilst they're building the web - it could be a slow process. Worth checking, though, of course.

Spiders do take an hour or more to make one web. Though probably multiple spiders will be working on this one, so it might not take that long. On the other hand, you need one big, sturdy web for that physical manifestation of overkill.

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
« Reply #501 on: January 10, 2010, 01:25:02 PM »
>Of course, you'll be distracting the shark while the web is being built. Then we will use KITTY PARKOUR to climb up above the web, and then PROFIT.

Fightest

« Reply #502 on: January 10, 2010, 02:03:38 PM »
> Okay, try this latest idea first, as it involves less back-and-forth. If it doesn't work out, back to youkai politics.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #503 on: January 10, 2010, 03:08:33 PM »
> I agree.
> Use KITTY PARKOUR as much as possible.

Chaore

« Reply #504 on: January 10, 2010, 04:18:20 PM »
> Tengu are being all territorial, right? Hopefully Suika has them under control by now, since here's what we can do:
> Convince the tengu that expansion is in their best interests, that building a second power base spreads their assets and makes them less vulnerable to attack.
> Further, tell them that the Underground youkai community are desperate for allies, and that they would do anything to ally with the tengu.
> Obviously, to secure such an alliance, an embassy would be required, and what's the best ambassador than a mighty oni to show the Undergrounders the tengu's superiority?
> Upon arrival, the ambassador hears about a landshark plaguing the Undergrounders' territory, and, being her gracious self, drives the shark out. The Undergrounders are grateful and agree to a treaty that's favourable to the tengu.
> None of this "unfavourable treaty" stuff is actually true, except for the ambassador wrestling a shark. Although making some sort of agreement is really welcome, need to band together and all that.
> Share plan with Yamame.
> [edit] This plan hinges on the hope that the tengu won't ever actually leave their territory to confirm what's going on with the Underground. This seems reasonable, as long as their leaders have them convinced that everything's going smoothly.

You have no choice. Your only hope is to make the Tengu your BITCHES. You shall control them from the shadows... You shall become... the Kittymother...

Or you could do this. You pitch the idea to Yamame. She blinks a bit.

"That thing. In a web? ... It'd be pretty hard to do, I mean, our webs tend to get stronger AFTER we've caught our prey, To survive the initial charge though... Well, That'd take one hell of a web. I think we can do it, But it'll definitely take quite a bit of time. Are you sure you want to try this?"

You're pretty sure you trust Yamame to make that web, Its just how long you need to hold out...

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
« Reply #505 on: January 10, 2010, 04:22:02 PM »
>"Hop to it, then." We need as many spiders as possible to get this done. We could also get wriggle to help us, but I doubt we need her help.

Fightest

« Reply #506 on: January 10, 2010, 04:29:51 PM »
>"Hop to it, then." We need as many spiders as possible to get this done. We could also get wriggle to help us, but I doubt we need her help.

> How would Wriggle help us? By getting caught in it and providing bait for the shark?
> You know... there's an idea...
> Also, pleeeeeease let's become the KITTYMOTHER.

Chaore

« Reply #507 on: January 10, 2010, 04:32:52 PM »

Yamame and you head off to get a hoard of spiders. And Kisume. You return to the room.

You head in first. The shark fin emerges from the ground almost instantaneously, and you bolt towards the left wall. Yamame and her crew dash in after to start the web. You'll be restricted to the LEFT for the duration of this fight.

You take up the left wall with the power of an extreme extreme sport. If it wasn't for your claws, you'd probably be worse off.

You mess up halfway up and start falling towards the Shark Fin.

This may be a pretty short fight then.

> How would Wriggle help us? By getting caught in it and providing bait for the shark?
> You know... there's an idea...
> Also, pleeeeeease let's become the KITTYMOTHER.

You figure wriggle would have spiders from above ground. Maybe you should've asked her.

You'll worry more about being a mother when you're not dying!

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
« Reply #508 on: January 10, 2010, 04:35:44 PM »
>QUICK, DIG CLAWS INTO WALL TO STOP FALLING. SLOWLY BUDGE YOUR WAY UP TO THE CEILING.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #509 on: January 10, 2010, 04:51:43 PM »
>If that is not available, twist in the direction least likely to result in being finned.
>Land on feet.