Author Topic: Chen's Day Out! ヾ(^∇^)  (Read 175112 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Chen's Day Out! ヾ(^∇^)
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2009, 12:40:33 AM »
>"If I ask nicely, can I borrow something? I need some things to help a friend."
>Offer the hat back. It clearly means more to the DEMON than to us.

Edit:

>How well can we make tea?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 01:03:40 AM by Captain Purvis M.F.D. »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2009, 01:22:54 AM »
>"If I ask nicely, can I borrow something? I need some things to help a friend."
>Offer the hat back. It clearly means more to the DEMON than to us.

Edit:

>How well can we make tea?

You give the Demon the GATEGUARD'S HAT, you reequip your box hat. It seems silly, and the Demon gives another giggle.

"You probably could, You'd have to wait for mistress though! She should be back any moment... You can wait with me in the library, if you want!"

You're not very good at making tea, or really cooking in general...

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2009, 01:36:18 AM »
> Go to the Library with the DEMON.

> Ask her name
Wotters gonna' wot

Chaore

« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2009, 02:01:10 AM »
> Go to the Library with the DEMON.

> Ask her name

You agree to stay in the library with the DEMON for a while to wait. The DEMON opens the library doors, and you follow her in.

You are now in VOILE LIBRARY. You've never been here personally, and the ammount of books outright astounds you... The library seems to be incredibly expansive, and you can feel a great amount of enchantments in place just as you enter. The amount of space the Library actually contains is surely greater than what it takes up...

The DEMON probably has ability to control where you enter, as you both enter into a little clearing in the shelves. A desk and a few seats are here. The DESK contains many COLD GLASSES OF TEA. You can guess this was PATCHOULI KNOWLEDGE'S Desk. Upon noticing what you assume was the newest glass is empty, the DEMON heads off to make a new one. You guess shes been doing this, and waiting for Patchouli, for a very long time...

You feel RATHER SAD and IN NEED OF A HUG.

"My name? Its actually incomprehensible to mortal toungue! Its a family thing, don't ask. Just call me Demon! Oh, And you can have one of the cold glasses of Tea, I'm sure she doesn't want those."

Demon heads off momentarily, leaving you alone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2009, 02:17:06 AM »
>Have some cold tea. It helps keep one from sobbing. Look about for interesting things around the desk. Don't actually rifle through it, though.
>How literate are we?

Chaore

« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2009, 02:40:39 AM »
>Have some cold tea. It helps keep one from sobbing. Look about for interesting things around the desk. Don't actually rifle through it, though.
>How literate are we?

You resolve to have some of the tea. Its obviously not very good cold, but it does fair better than absolutely nothing. As you do so, you glance about the desk. Its positively littered with cold tea. Really, you don't think Demon has anything better to do than make tea...

You're capable of reading and writing, ofcourse, Ran made sure of that.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2009, 02:42:21 AM »
> ...
> Should we break the news to her? It's kinda obvious by now that... Well...

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Chaore

« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2009, 02:51:35 AM »
> ...
> Should we break the news to her? It's kinda obvious by now that... Well...

>...

You're not really sure, she could react badly... Its kind of obvious, but its kind of obvious. Shes probably not very mentally stable at this point... To keep serving tea and keep waiting here... You don't think she'd react well.

Regardless, she returns with a hot cup of tea.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2009, 02:53:00 AM »
>Ask how long she's been here.
>Also, after she sets that tea down, give her a hug. You need one and so does she. Unless she clearly objects.

Chaore

« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2009, 02:56:22 AM »
>Ask how long she's been here.
>Also, after she sets that tea down, give her a hug. You need one and so does she. Unless she clearly objects.

She sets the tea down. You contemplate giving her a hug, But she clearly appears to have transcended to a HUGCUBUS. Hugging her would surely kill you.

You instead opt to ask her how long shes been here. For some reason, you can't accurately grasp how long... You do get around since THE INCIDENT, so its all good.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2009, 03:01:03 AM »
>What if we wear gloves or something ;_;
>Ask her why she stays her? Does she want to, or was it something that her master did to her that makes her stay?

Chaore

« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2009, 03:10:06 AM »
>What if we wear gloves or something ;_;
>Ask her why she stays her? Does she want to, or was it something that her master did to her that makes her stay?

You'd have to find some, in the first place, and you're not sure they'd help. Shes a pretty powerful HUGCUBUS, you'd say.

You ask her why shes staying here.

"What? Oh, I can't really disobey Mistress Knowledge's orders while I'm her familiar. After all, that'd be breaching the contract!"

Given Patchouli's status as deceased, her contract should be broken. ...You wonder if something is causing the bond to remain, it'd explain why she'd assume Patchouli is still alive, and why she'd still remain here.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2009, 03:18:59 AM »
>Very quietly ask "What if she's gone?" like you don't want to contemplate that.

Chaore

« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2009, 03:20:19 AM »
>Very quietly ask "What if she's gone?" like you don't want to contemplate that.

Demon looks confused for a second, before answering as perkily as ever.

"Well, I'd probably know, Silly!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2009, 03:33:49 AM »
Demon looks confused for a second, before answering as perkily as ever.

"Well, I'd probably know, Silly!"

>Perk up! Patchouli still being alive is a good thing, dangit. "How would you know? Maybe I could find her."

Chaore

« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2009, 03:39:35 AM »
>Perk up! Patchouli still being alive is a good thing, dangit. "How would you know? Maybe I could find her."

You decide to take this as a more positive thing. Patchouli could've survived, Even if well...no one else here did. It may be suprising, but it'd be by no means bad.

You ask how she'd know, and where you would find her.

"Well, I'd still be pretty bound here! Elsewise I'dve gone back to makai or some other demony place! I dunno how you'd find her though, She doesn't tell me anything..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2009, 03:50:16 AM »
>Nod. That's a point, right? Ask if it was part of the contract.

Chaore

« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2009, 03:56:10 AM »
>Nod. That's a point, right? Ask if it was part of the contract.

Its a fairly strong point, strong enough to convince someone to stay here. You're however rather sure nothing would stop her from coming back after she was 'dismissed'. She could just be choosing to ignore Patchouli's death. Whatever you're asking probably was part of the contract.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2009, 04:14:43 AM »
>Change the subject, summarize our quest to retrieve Cirno, ask if she knows about anything that could help.

Chaore

« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2009, 04:24:47 AM »
>Change the subject, summarize our quest to retrieve Cirno, ask if she knows about anything that could help.

You decide pushing about Patchouli's likely demise or undemise is probably not smart and decide to change the subject. You bring up your current quest to find Cirno. Demon looks contemplative.

"Unfortunately, besides scaring the troublesome fairies away, I don't know much about the outside world at the moment..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2009, 04:47:22 AM »
>"Maybe there's something here I can borrow that might be good for dealing with insects?"

Chaore

« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2009, 05:12:26 AM »
>"Maybe there's something here I can borrow that might be good for dealing with insects?"

"Hey! Thats something I can do, Hold on..."

Demon momentarily disappears into the maze of a library, and returns with a small tablet with a FAMILIAR PENTAGRAM on it. It appears to hose a familiar. Given your BLACK MAGERY and SHIKIGAMI CONTROL skills, you could probably use the familiar inside. Demon seems capable of knowing this.

"Bugs are eaten by birds, Right? My cousin gave me this one, But I can't use it, so you can have it!"

You are given THE ROC before you can object in any fashion.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2009, 05:17:01 AM »
>"Thank very much!" Take the pentagram, and wonder if THE ROC angry in there or not.
>Ponder how long it would take to employ this and set up a contract.

Chaore

« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2009, 05:19:43 AM »
>"Thank very much!" Take the pentagram, and wonder if THE ROC angry in there or not.
>Ponder how long it would take to employ this and set up a contract.

THE ROC appears to be rather bored actually. You're fairly sure he'll still be able to wrestle any foe, avian or not, into submission. Hes just that kind of bird.

You thank Demon and ponder how long setting a contract up with THE ROC would take. As you don't intend to call upon him all the time, you could probably just manage a 'I ring, You get the hell over here and kick some ass' contract. Those are easy to negotiate, no need to factor in vacations or other such events.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2009, 05:52:45 AM »
>Will we be able to keep it on the lowdown from HER, though?

Chaore

« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2009, 05:58:02 AM »
>Will we be able to keep it on the lowdown from HER, though?

You imagine shes quite asleep right now. So long as you can store and leave your possesions unused at the end of your day off, you imagine she'll be none the wiser.

I mean, its not like shes omnipotent or anything.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2009, 06:02:45 AM »
>Wouldn't a familiar bond run a bit deeper than a mere possession? And given our bond with HER, would it be possible for her to pick up on it? We don't need more beatings ;_;

Chaore

« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2009, 06:08:19 AM »
>Wouldn't a familiar bond run a bit deeper than a mere possession? And given our bond with HER, would it be possible for her to pick up on it? We don't need more beatings ;_;

You realize the flaw in your logic. Even for such a low scale familiar spell, you'd indeed have to make a bit of a magic bond between yourself and the familiar. If she tried, she could probably sense it. You're actually not sure if she checks if you've been up to something by violating every part of your being with magic, or just assumes you stayed in the cave.

The thought of more beatings is almost enough to ellict a whimper.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #148 on: December 30, 2009, 06:14:30 AM »
>Set the pentagram aside, all ear droopy. "I...I shouldn't use this. SHE might find out. And if she did, she'd hurt me again... I'm sorry..."

Chaore

« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2009, 06:34:10 AM »
>Set the pentagram aside, all ear droopy. "I...I shouldn't use this. SHE might find out. And if she did, she'd hurt me again... I'm sorry..."

You decide it may be best not to use the familiar. Your ears droop as you set the pentagram aside on the desk, and explain your plight to Demon. She nods and frowns.

"I see, I guess it'd be kinda hard to hide something like a familiar..."