Author Topic: Yume Nikki Mafia - Waking 2  (Read 72074 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Yume Nikki Mafia - Dream 1 (The Guillotine Room)
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2009, 11:08:44 PM »
Roukanken starts off by immedietly taking an offhand comment from pesco and ripping it apart with an entire paragraph. Votes Pesco for the gotcha game he tried to play on Beilos. This post is generally made of Beilos-hate hate (the jargon term being chainsaw defence), especially with the comment on Affinity's vote. Was he trying to claim Affinity was posting an IIoA ? This still bothers me.
I repeat - attacking someone for a bad reason isn't okay if you're right. I was indeed calling Affinity out on IIoA.

Next post, Rou continues arguing the player exclusion point when Pesco said there was no reason to, since it wasn't part of his reasoning. Pesco's point of ignoring newbishness is countered by having Pesco explain why what Beilos did was not newbish. This is faulty because newbishness is not corelated with scumminess.
He mentioned it. Don't say something in this game if you don't want it to be related to you. If no-one had pointed out the flaw in his reasoning, scum Pesco would've had no reason not to say that it was part of his plan.

Misrep - The point isn't to get just you to not vote, it's to get other likeminded people to not vote. bascially, the point of using WiFoM, confusing people.
Explain then why the wording was 'so YOU would give him a free pass' rather than 'so TOWN would give him a free pass'.

Would have been nice if you said as much, rather than being vauge about it. Even still, he did contibute: a vote with a case behind it.
A case that had already been discussed before then. It's not like there was a distinct lack of new ground to cover at that point in time.

Also, reading Pesco's Reply 81, I understand what Pesco is talking about. Rou seems more interested in making Pesco look like scum than looking for scum.
This is total utter misrep.

Pesco's 86 is very strong (argument wise). Roukanken needs to step up here to make anything of it. And yes, I know Pesco is being mean in this post, but considering what he's putting up with, it's more an issue of self-control than anything else.
Let me start by saying the aggression was introduced by Pesco himself:
I see my waifu is suffering from PMS. Read his post, he excluded himself and player 1, which means it's 2 players. More importantly, it's got nothing to do with why he's getting voted now. Being on holiday affects your reading ability it seems :P.
Secondly, I've already replied to every point made here in later posts.

Not counting the part that I put as suspected coaching, I don't see where you commented that you didn't like what Beilos was doing.
If you'd notice, I'm also relatively suspicious of Baity (as I've said previously). The point is that the reasons you're attacking him for are relatively poor (FPMH, dice hax...), and bad attacks are in my opinion worse than bad play since that's how scum get Townies lynched.
And I could hardly keep commenting on him when he wasn't SAYING ANYTHING.

The same post has Rou ignoring Pesco saying that he wasn't voting based on the player exclusion thing and brings it up as a point in why Pesco's voting was faulty. Roukanken seems to be trying to make it look like that was a valid point in Pesco's case just so he could keep strawmanning it to make Pesco look scummy.
Again, I hold to my case that you shouldn't make a point unless you mean it. Let's say I accused you of being scum for a crappy reason. If no-one argued with me then I'd gladly say it was why I voted for you - if not, I can easily fall back on the 'I did it for a reaction' excuse that Pesco is using. See where I'm coming from?
Next point can be answered with the same thing.

Ri0ght now, the only valid point against Pesco was that he seems to be insulting Roukanken with comments like "I'd like to see him Scumhunting." The thing was, I ended up agreeing with Pesco on that when I looked at Roukanken's arguments in depth.
Since people were asking for it, here's a little summary of my points on Pesco:
- A distinct lack of scumhunting, focusing instead on defending himself
- Multiple cases of attack ad hominem
- Overlooking several points based on 'lack of context'
- Deciding that if my case isn't totally perfectly flawless he can't possibly be scum
Herein lies a simple breakdown of my current points against Pesco. I'm going to admit that my case was poor at points, but in general I think my heart was in the right place.
Also note that Pesco has made no attempt to argue against any of the points above despite being asked to by UK and myself, and as Thomas More put it Silence means consent.

Also, from what i see in the backandforth between Roukanken and Serp is that he tried taking one thing Serpent commented on, and ran with it, twisting Serpent's words against him as often as he can to keep the argument going. It looks to me like Roukanken is trying to be as much of a distraction to scumhunting as he can be while being written off as aggressive townie.
Examples, please. I don't see how I was twisting Serp's words.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Yume Nikki Mafia - Dream 1 (The Guillotine Room) [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2009, 11:13:33 PM »
EBWOP:
Edit again: I'd also like to see post numbers/links to all of Pesco's Ad-Homined attacks on Roukanken. From the attacks I've seen, they were rude and indirect, but I fail to see how "Roukanken needs to Scumhunt" is an attack on roukanken's Character rather than his playstyle. At the time, I think it's a valid complaint.

I see my waifu is suffering from PMS. Read his post, he excluded himself and player 1, which means it's 2 players. More importantly, it's got nothing to do with why he's getting voted now. Being on holiday affects your reading ability it seems :P.
Rou, RTFT. If you claimed to be illiterate because you live in an African country, I would have believed you.
Lol dude.

Kindly recite the town win condition for me? I'm quite sure it does not include Pesco dying as a requisite.
Rou must be really Parsee of the intimacy between me and Kiro from the other game.
I'm not obliged to put up with Rou being silly every game now am I?
That's just you being fail.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2009, 11:14:47 PM »
More back and forth between Rou and Serp hasn't changed too much of my opinions. And I guess there's now Rou responding to Zakeri.

I don't have time for a WoT right now (count your blessings) but there are lots of people who should report in and reconfirm their votes. Edible looks like he just did, Alice, Carthrat to some extent.

Conveniently, the 3 people on Baity (Pesco, UK, KY) have stated their reasons for voting him and their contributions have dropped since. I'm rather surprised Pesco hasn't posted since my post asking him to clarify his secondary cases. Something to note, cuz I at least stated the times I wouldn't be around. UK's morning post was meh, I don't even remember it now.

I'll be around for deadline. Vote subject to change depending on bandwagon compositions, but I'd still like to see a Rou and Baity lynch.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2009, 11:30:18 PM »
Vote count:

pesco47 (4): Edible, Kiro, Roukanken, Alice, BaitySM, Roukanken
Roukanken (2): Serpentarius, Kiro, Zakeri.
Alice (0): Carthrat, Zakeri, Affinity
Kanguya Yaraisan (2): UncertainKitten, Affinity, Serpentarius
Serpentarius (1): Mr. Alert, Carthrat, Roukanken
Affinity (0): BaitySM, Serpentarius, Kanguya Yaraisan
Zakeri (0): Alice
UncertainKitten (0): pesco47
BaitySM (3): pesco47, BaitySM, Affinity, UncertainKitten, Zakeri, Kanguya Yaraisan

pesco47 is at L-4.
BaitySM is at L-5.

Not voting: Mr. Alert.

3.5 hours remaining.

Alice has been prodded for inactivity.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #244 on: May 18, 2009, 11:39:38 PM »
But that isn't the case, and I don't see why anyone should assume as such. Instead of saying 'we should lynch a random player if we can't find targets', why not spend your time FINDING TARGETS?

Ideally, finding good targets is always better.  I've been working on it.

Quote from: Roukanken
This is assuming that both lynches go as planned, which seems to be something you yourself aren't sure of.

I'm speaking purely theoretically here, as though having two lynches chosen without scum interference were just as realistic as one lynch chosen without scum interference.

Secondly, lynched Townies are like Aeris - once they're dead, they can't come back no matter how hard you try. An extra night phase may give a cop time to investigate or they may be cleared on another flip. Lynched Townies are always BAD, so it's good to lynch only a suspect you're confident in rather then one as a last resort IMO.

Damn it, this just reminded me of something, and I feel like an idiot for not realizing it sooner.  If we lynch two people here, and the game continues with the standard number of lynches and night kills each phase, we'll end on a night kill.  Three kills won't deprive us of any lynch phase.  That's worth noting, though with this setup, maybe standard lynches and night kills aren't a useful assumption.

Key difference - I commented on Affinity. You didn't comment on Pesco.

Your mention of Affinity consisted entirely of:
Affinity's post of 'facts facts facts Vote Baity' doesn't feel very useful, either, but Pesco still wins out.

I don't think you can quite claim the high ground here.

So you'd rather I spent time with someone who didn't seem particularly scummy rather than with someone you had genuine suspicions of?

I'm not going to say "Hey, stop voting for that not-particularly-scummy person!" every time someone votes differently than me.  I'm going to keep pressing my case until we get to the late day and I can either lay it all out and ask for support, or switch to someone who I think ended up with a better case against them.

I will admit this point to you - KY typically isn't one to lurk, usually he tries to produce and fails. Add to this the fact he was on 8 hours ago, and...

Everyone lurking while we build walls of text around each other is getting scummier every minute, in my opinion.

Scum can be sincere. Town can make honest mistakes, so scum can 'sincerely' point them out and watch the mislynch run itself.

And that's why when you asked whether I thought you and Pesco were Townie, I replied that you were neither especially scummy, but I'm not going to vote against everyone pursuing a case I don't feel strongly about, especially early on day one.

I'm looking at it from your viewpoint, where the two of us are both 'not especially scummy' and trying to analyse what you'd do in said situation. I still really don't like how Pesco is playing.

Fair enough.

But when you walk into a game, do you immediately FoS everyone playing because they're all worthy of suspicion? No. You look for someone doing something MORE suspicious than usual, and press them in a search for scum.

Right, of course, but my point is that I didn't just FoS you out of nowhere - you asked me what I thought, and I replied that you were just as suspicious as everyone else.  It might not be the most standard way to put it, but since one of the scumtells KY has fallen victim to is showing a ridiculous lack of suspicion, it was on my mind.

So by this logic, if someone produces nothing scummy all game but doesn't do anything that useful either, they deserve to be lynched if necessary?

If everyone else has done useful stuff, and hasn't done scummy stuff, then in theory, yes, absolutely.

But this seems like a pretty large assumption. "I will agree to the Pesco lynch if none of the remaining players do anything scummy at all"?

Not entirely far fetched.  Baity and KY are the only ones I consider overtly suspicious at the moment.  I'd favor some others due to scumminess ex lurkina, but I haven't seen a good case against anyone else.

Alright, here's where the problem kicks in. I attack Pesco, he says some new things, and you don't give any opinion on them. To continue your 'path' analogy, this is you looking at the signpost on the crossroads, ignoring one path entirely.
In addition I still have a relatively strong, much less opinionated case on Pesco in comparison, which he STILL hasn't got around to defending against...

Everyone will tend to tunnel a little when forced to defend themselves at the same time.  I'm not saying it's a good thing, but it's what I've fallen victim to.  I'm going to do a complete reread of the thread and post some more opinions before the deadline.

Warning - while you were typing 13 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Oh, damn.  Response to those forthcoming as well.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

« Reply #245 on: May 18, 2009, 11:44:49 PM »
If no-one had pointed out the flaw in his reasoning, scum Pesco would've had no reason not to say that it was part of his plan.

okay, this statement confuses me. First of all, what's "it"? The point that Beilos' newbishness doesn't matter came from Carthrat's asking how many games Beilos was in. If you're talking about the exclusion of players point and his FPMH, then it was because he admited that the exclusion of players was not part of the reason of his vote. If you're arguing that it was his reason for the vote when he did do the FPMH then ... what's the problem!? It's the first case of the day, and it was meant to make Beilos fumble around, which he did and made several newbscum mistakes. It's really a bad point to keep your vote on, I agree, but that's not why he was keeping the vote on by the time you started arguing it.

And even then, the argument about how many players he excluded was based entirely around sementics, because Pesco's point was that he excluded Edible.

Explain then why the wording was 'so YOU would give him a free pass' rather than 'so TOWN would give him a free pass'.
I don't know for certain, but maybe its because you were to only one who gave him a free pass for it.

This is total utter misrep.
This is total utter IIoA. Explain to me how it's a misrep.

Again, I hold to my case that you shouldn't make a point unless you mean it. Let's say I accused you of being scum for a crappy reason. If no-one argued with me then I'd gladly say it was why I voted for you - if not, I can easily fall back on the 'I did it for a reaction' excuse that Pesco is using. See where I'm coming from?
Quote from: Pesco's Vote:
##Unvote
##Vote BaitySM. FPMH
Quote from: Pesco's Explination
FPMH: Choose 1
[ ]Fluffy Puffy Marshmallow Hugs
[ ]Furry Petting Much Hotness
[ ]Fail Prod Made Here
[ ]First Post Mind Hax

Your defence inclines me to the 2nd 4th option.
Your point would be valid if Pesco used "I did it for the reaction" as a fallback excuse, not the entire case.

Also, thank you for pointing out the case. I was looking for that.

Examples, please. I don't see how I was twisting Serp's words.
Like I said, I was only halfway finished with my analysis. I haven't gotten up to you vs. Serp yet, and this post took up a majority of time that would have been spent looking into that.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #246 on: May 19, 2009, 12:06:02 AM »
I don't think you can quite claim the high ground here.
Quote from: Affinity
Facts are facts.  I pointed them out.  What is the issue here?
Quote from: Rou
The fact that you didn't really contribute anything new to the discussion is what irritated me.
So yeah. :/

okay, this statement confuses me. First of all, what's "it"? The point that Beilos' newbishness doesn't matter came from Carthrat's asking how many games Beilos was in. If you're talking about the exclusion of players point and his FPMH, then it was because he admited that the exclusion of players was not part of the reason of his vote.
Only AFTER someone called him out on it. If no-one had noticed the problem then there'd be nothing to stop him from using that as 'evidence' against Baity.

And even then, the argument about how many players he excluded was based entirely around sementics, because Pesco's point was that he excluded Edible.
It doesn't even matter HOW many players he's excluding, it's the fact that the accusation makes no sense whatsoever. Like I said, scum rolling 2d6 would only make sense if the scum were close to the edges - and even if that were the case, declaring that you rolled 2d6 would be utter suicide.

I don't know for certain, but maybe its because you were to only one who gave him a free pass for it.
Focusing on consequence rather than intention. It wasn't a matter of 'What happened as a result of Baity's move?', it was a matter of 'What would scumBaity be trying to achieve with this move?'

This is total utter IIoA. Explain to me how it's a misrep.
Look again at that summary of my points on Pesco and tell me if any of them aren't justified. I am willing to admit that I made some mistakes during my initial case, but Pesco's inability to hunt and his focus on defending himself over contributing to the Townie cause made me convinced I was targeting the right guy.

Your point would be valid if Pesco used "I did it for the reaction" as a fallback excuse, not the entire case.
My point is misinterpreted yet again.
What I am saying is that the 2d6 argument used by Pesco could easily still be around right now if it hadn't been refuted early on. Because he was corrected before he said it was part of his reasoning, he was able to say 'I did it to goad a reaction from him even though I knew it was a crappy point'.

Like I said, I was only halfway finished with my analysis. I haven't gotten up to you vs. Serp yet, and this post took up a majority of time that would have been spent looking into that.
Feel free to produce the second half when you can.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #247 on: May 19, 2009, 12:10:22 AM »
Ugh. Spent the better part of today making fireworks to set off in a couple hours.

##Unvote while I read the latest set of WoTs.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #248 on: May 19, 2009, 12:21:39 AM »
umm, Beilos ... you really should have given us more time to contemplate your roleclaim. Edible's prod should have been enough, considering you're one of the top two canidates.
Yeah, but I really don't want to add more to the confusion by stating the most absurd roleclaim ever. Especially with the style of play I've "displayed". I initially tried to draw it to notice at the bottom of this post.

It's justified reasoning which I can probably whip up in 10-15 minutes, but to get the few people offline to follow it is a different story.

...gimme a moment, there's something strange bugging me externally.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #249 on: May 19, 2009, 12:23:33 AM »
Quote from: Zakeri Kirisame-Margatroid
Also, from what i see in the backandforth between Roukanken and Serp is that he tried taking one thing Serpent commented on, and ran with it, twisting Serpent's words against him as often as he can to keep the argument going. It looks to me like Roukanken is trying to be as much of a distraction to scumhunting as he can be while being written off as aggressive townie.

Note that I'm mostly satisfied by the explanation that Roukanken was just unfamiliar with the way I was looking at the whole situation, and so took everything in the worst possible way.  It was basically just a twisting and running with of one comment which ended up taking a whole lot of text to run its course, but that's scumhunting.  I want to see how KY flips before I pursue a case against Roukanken.

Now this just seems like sour grapes.  Rou's point against you is that you think pesco is okay as a lynch even though you peg him as a neutral.  Then you go all off-tangent and say the above.  Firstly, it's not that no one stands out as unusually scummy, it's that two people seem to be much scummier than everyone else and you want to lynch them.

And among everyone else, no one stood out as unusually scummy.  With a multi-lynch on the table, it makes sense to say that sort of thing.

Secondly, day one is arguably the worst time to get multiple lynches on the account that there are no bandwagons and flips to analyze; and to lynch extra otherwise neutrally pegged people for the sake of hoping to nail scum is very very bad at best.  Best is to maintain them into the later days so that more evidence can be garnered for judgment on their alignment, instead of lynching them on day one before they even have a chance.

I'm not happy with this room being our first, but when you have a one-day window for a multi-lynch, you ought to use it.

I'd also like to hear your opinion on how a double lynch may end us on a scumkill.

Alright, now I'm starting my reread, just wanted to address these points first.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #250 on: May 19, 2009, 12:29:21 AM »
Yeah, but I really don't want to add more to the confusion by stating the most absurd roleclaim ever in this short amount of time.. Especially with the style of play I've "displayed". I initially tried to draw it to notice at the bottom of this post.

It's... somewhat justified reasoning if you can get your head around what I've done, which I can probably whip up in 10-15 minutes, but to get the few people offline to follow it is a different story.

...gimme a moment, there's something strange bugging me externally.
Fixes in added italics because I was rushing far too much.
<>

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #251 on: May 19, 2009, 12:37:18 AM »
Just do it and get it over with.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #252 on: May 19, 2009, 12:42:50 AM »
k.

I roleclaim doc bomb.

At this rate, I might have to self-vote again to this time prevent an unnecessary kill, unless there's reason not to.

Justification coming up. It also turns out that trying to connect my reasoning a bit hard in a clear form. (i.e. making a distinguished link that I can forward, that others can understand)

...and maybe my plan was far too complicated.
<>

« Reply #253 on: May 19, 2009, 12:52:21 AM »
What I am saying is that the 2d6 argument used by Pesco could easily still be around right now if it hadn't been refuted early on. Because he was corrected before he said it was part of his reasoning, he was able to say 'I did it to goad a reaction from him even though I knew it was a crappy point'.
Ahh, I see. Then the problem here is that you jumped on something that was potentially scummy before it could be considered scummy. The way I read Pesco's comment on the exclusion of people was that Baity was excluding Edible from his random vote - the cause of his FPMH. Then, when you saw that that was a crummy point to vote on, you jumped on it before Pesco said "More importantly, it's got nothing to do with why he's getting voted now." This might have been a real scumslip if it weren't for the gotcha factor you put into it.

You could say the same about pesco.  Where was he scumhunting, precisely?  I only saw him being offensive and reactionary when he wasn't giving vague prods or making useless statements.

first of all, Pesco hasn't made a useless statement. Second of all, the "Vague prods" were used to gather people's opinions and prevent others from being vague. I fail to understand why that isn't scumhunting. Also, as a note, being offensive and reactionary was directly as the result of Roukanken making bad points against Pesco. Rou's case on Pesco as it stands now looks like a list of things that stuck to Pesco when he threw them at him. Speaking of which...

I'm going to admit that my case was poor at points, but in general I think my heart was in the right place.
Why should I give you this leeway if you don't intend to give Pesco some leeway in what looks like a misunderstanding to me.

here's what I see when looking at early day one pesco:
Pesco 40 and 41 - Votes Beilos on initial suspicion.
up until 45 - Confirms Suspicion by speaking with Beilos
49 - Claims Self-voting is the main reason for his vote. Adds protecting Edible as an aside.
54 - Claims newbishness is not an important factor, Claims that Rou's point about excluding himself had nothing to do with the vote. insulting Rou's ability to read obviously doesn't help.
60 - Inquires Baily's opinion on Affinity vote.
65 - another insult on Rou's ability. "Why would scum vote themselves? Because you would give them a free pass for it."
68 and 70 - could stand to comment directly on Affinity.
72 - Inquires about Serp's vote on Affinity. Serp explains. then (75) Comments on the validity of Serp's idea

let me point out what I saw up there that was important:
-Adds protecting Edible as an aside.
-Claims that Rou's point about excluding himself had nothing to do with the vote.

Of course, Roukanken has admited that this was a particularly bad point. Again, just because he admited it, why should I forgive it?

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #254 on: May 19, 2009, 12:58:09 AM »
Looks like my always playing like shit on D1 really got me in trouble this time. Well, might as well attempt to help the town as much as possible before I die. x_x;

Analysis starting from page 8:
Quote from: Serpentarius
What!?  I can't believe you're saying this.  It goes against everything I know about lynching philosophy in mafia.  Sure, lynching a Town is wose than lynching no one at all, but why would you assume anyone as 100% town?  Why would you assume that in saying "I don't think your case on Pesco is good," I'm thinking that Pesco is 100% town?  You start the game with the same degree of suspicion for everyone.
I agree with you. A case against someone does not determine their alignment or how they've been playing. It's just your perspective on their actions. If I had a shitty case on the scummiest person in the world, it wouldn't make that person 100% town. It would just mean that my logic is flawed and that I should revise it.

Quote from: rou
I will admit this point to you - KY typically isn't one to lurk, usually he tries to produce and fails. Add to this the fact he was on 8 hours ago, and...
I've been lurking through the wallfights between you two because I had nothing to say. Neither had anyone else. Also I was on for 5 minutes in the morning before I went to school. I don't think I could do any sort of analysis in that timeframe.

More walls... most annoying thing ever on D1. I don't see why you expect anyone to contribute in your arguing. And:

Quote from: Serp
Never get involved in a married couple's fight.  I'm not sure what you'd have me do.  Even if I thought you were Town/Town, as opposed to Not-Especially-Scummy/Not-Especially-Scummy, there's not much I can do about it short of defending one side or the other, and there's not much reason to do that with 50 hours in the day and both of you frequently online.
Sound familiar? Both of these situations seem awfully similar.

I guess I should do one last reread. Let's see what I can come up with in <insert remaining amount of time here.>

Cut by Serp:

Quote from: Serp
I want to see how KY flips before I pursue a case against Roukanken.
Why are you 100% sure that I'm going to be lynched? That seems kind of strange...

Cut by Baity: That wasn't too hard to figure out. I'd say, if you're 100% sure that you're going to be lynched, then hammer yourself.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #255 on: May 19, 2009, 01:00:13 AM »
Vote count:

pesco47 (3): Edible, Kiro, Roukanken, Alice, BaitySM, Roukanken
BaitySM (3): pesco47, BaitySM, Affinity, UncertainKitten, Zakeri, Kanguya Yaraisan

pesco47 and BaitySM are at L-5.

Not voting: Alice, Mr. Alert.

2 hours remaining.
(Just a reminder: The Dream ends at the deadline time, even if me or Jan-san are not around to declare it.)

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #256 on: May 19, 2009, 01:03:06 AM »
First off, at this point I'm thinking that if pesco47 is scum then Zakeri *must* be town, as I just can't see scum-Zakeri doing such a blatant chainsaw defence of our fluffy little bunny friend.

BaitySM is all kinds of fail for his play. You want to get NK'd as bomb, for reasons that should be rather obvious. Not sure what to make of this.

Dislike KY right now a lot for the sudden spell of lurking (you're online, poast *something* of content will you goddamnit) and the IIoA-heavy style of play.

Dislike UK's poasts and playstyle as well. At this point I'm happy to vote either KY or UK. I'm very much not seeing the scum-Roukan case, so can someone please summarize it? It seems to be mostly "Roukan is attacking pesco and pesco is behaving Townie so obviously Roukan is scum trying to masquerade as an angry Townie!", which is fallacious for obvious reasons. I'm unconvinced that pesco is a good lynch today as well, though.

You guys post too much walls and bullshit and not enough content. Half of the arguing today has been about scumhunting playstyle and a pointless player vs. player spat, which ultimately does nothing to actually help find scum.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #257 on: May 19, 2009, 01:08:36 AM »
Justification of play(-style) in accordance to role:

I'll be paraphrasing certain parts of my text, so... guess I should reference them as well. there's no time.

1. Hiding the role. This was somewhat difficult. I don't even know if I did it. KY noted it as a base assumption, but dropped it (I think? why else is that vote still there?). It's already known that a bomb is better used as a revenge-kill tool at night to guarantee-kill scum. And it was stated in this game as well.

2. Best time to use the bomb? Definitely not early. Well, I tried to avoid it if possible, so I drew the attention myself (for the reason listed previously (make pesco build his case); so I could avoid NK for a few days... at least (read: via poor playing). Failing that, I would have the contingency plan of dying during N1 (or shortly thereafter on another early night), which is still better than nothing.

3. The act of poor playing. Now this... is where things got complicated. I had to somehow incorporate 1. and 2., while at the same time, provide arguments strong enough to justify a NK on me, at some point on me.

Summary: So yeah, extremely complicated plan that involves making myself looking like a scummy-townie, following to be a big enough threat to scum to warrant NK, and attempting to conceal bomb role by hiding it. Probably the last time I'll follow a plan like that.

I'll hammer myself in due time. I don't trust my internet.

##Unvote
##Vote BaitySM
<>

Edible

« Reply #258 on: May 19, 2009, 01:11:11 AM »
first of all, Pesco hasn't made a useless statement.

Here's an easy one, since you seem to have missed it.  Want me to find more?

Second of all, the "Vague prods" were used to gather people's opinions and prevent others from being vague. I fail to understand why that isn't scumhunting.

Prods are not scumhuntingEspecially not prods like "rou needs to scumhunt" and "put some backbone into it".

I still have absolutely no idea why you're sure pesco is town.  Let's hear it.  "Because rou is voting him" is obviously not good enough, so you have to have some other reason.

Cut by Alice.  I wasn't sure what to make of UK's posts, possibly because it was really hard to find any content there.  And I'd policy vote KY at this stage, to be honest.

Cut by Baity.  Drawing tons of attention to yourself is a great way for scum to completely ignore you.  FYI.  And don't vote yourself, ffs.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #259 on: May 19, 2009, 01:14:03 AM »
Ahh, I see. Then the problem here is that you jumped on something that was potentially scummy before it could be considered scummy.
You make this sound like a bad thing. YOU'RE the one who's decided 'he didn't give it as reasoning, therefore the point is null and void'. Bad points are bad points.

first of all, Pesco hasn't made a useless statement. Second of all, the "Vague prods" were used to gather people's opinions and prevent others from being vague. I fail to understand why that isn't scumhunting.
Did he hit anything conclusive? No. In terms of actual suspicions the only person he declared genuine suspicion of was Baity and KY - again, easy targets. Scumhunting would be genuinely picking people out on iffy statements and pressing them, all he did was ask some easy questions and make some offhand statements without anything else behind them.
Show me one statement Pesco's made where he takes a player besides the two mentioned above and tries to prove they're scum.

Also, as a note, being offensive and reactionary was directly as the result of Roukanken making bad points against Pesco. Rou's case on Pesco as it stands now looks like a list of things that stuck to Pesco when he threw them at him.
This is a complete misrepresentation, YET AGAIN. Saying 'Those are good points, but you made some bad points earlier so you must be wrong' is exactly what I'm accusing Pesco of doing here - he's focusing on my mistakes without picking out what I'm doing well, and claiming that if I'm even slightly wrong he's Town by default.

Why should I give you this leeway if you don't intend to give Pesco some leeway in what looks like a misunderstanding to me.
Look one last time at that list of reasons I gave. Did I make ANY mention of the 2d6 debate? No, because I AM GIVING HIM LEEWAY ON THAT POINT NOW. I HAVE ADMITTED THAT IT'S NOT THE STRONGEST POINT IN THE ARGUMENT, AND IT ONLY CAME BACK UP BECAUSE YOU KEPT ASKING ABOUT IT.
Now, if you have anything against my later refined reasoning, feel free to share it with us.

And by the way, Guess who was online AGAIN a few hours ago and still hasn't posted?

---

Baity claim KINDA makes sense, but self-voting 12 hours into the Day is just plain ridiculous. If you are Town, I hope you learn from this escapade.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #260 on: May 19, 2009, 01:21:26 AM »
Baity claim KINDA makes sense, but self-voting 12 hours into the Day is just plain ridiculous. If you are Town, I hope you learn from this escapade.
Oh yeah, I've made a mental not to over-complicate my plans ever again  >_>
<>

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #261 on: May 19, 2009, 01:23:15 AM »
And don't vote yourself, ffs.
Makes sense if he's a bomb and doesn't want to needlessly kill a THIRD person today.

Also I think I have an idea why Zakeri thinks pesco must be Town, but it's not something that needs mentioning currently.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #262 on: May 19, 2009, 01:25:13 AM »
Also I think I have an idea why Zakeri thinks pesco must be Town, but it's not something that needs mentioning currently.
Just to remind you, Pesco is tied for most votes right now. Just in case that makes this any more pressing.

Edible

« Reply #263 on: May 19, 2009, 01:25:36 AM »
That idea occured to me as well, but given pesco is practically a guaranteed lynch at this point, I'd rather know sooner rather than later if we're making a huge mistake regarding a potentially confirmable townie.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #264 on: May 19, 2009, 01:26:48 AM »
Just to remind you, Pesco is tied for most votes right now. Just in case that makes this any more pressing.
My guess is that given his vehemence, it's either a very blatant scumbuddy chainsaw defence, or they're a mason pair.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #265 on: May 19, 2009, 01:28:47 AM »
Crap, I figured it out right before you posted. -_-

Well if that were the case, wouldn't Zak have raised it earlier? Wouldn't Pesco have raised it earlier? Want confirmation from both parties before I even consider a mason pair.

« Reply #266 on: May 19, 2009, 01:29:46 AM »
I still have absolutely no idea why you're sure pesco is town.  Let's hear it.  "Because rou is voting him" is obviously not good enough, so you have to have some other reason.

I'm getting tired of trying to analyze what Pesco was trying to do, and what Roukanken is trying to say (Apparently, I was wrong on that five or so times in a row, which either means I'm doing a very poor job, or Rou is changing his tune with no one noticing.) so I'm going to leave it at this: Why can't it be "Because Rou is voting him"?

Roukanken has gotten this far by pressing Pesco based on a misunderstanding he made that he never gave up, which strikes to me as trying to get a mislynch and possibly save Beilos (whether as scum to to mislynch later). This is obviously not a case of Bussing, since Roukanken has worked this hard to get Pesco to be lynched. Since I believe Roukanken to be Scum, Pesco by corollary is Town.

I wanted a Roukanken Lynch more than I wanted Pesco to get lynched, which is why I started off with the assertation that Pesco was town, and then somehow evolved to forcing me to prove it, which is impossible without certain proof.

All I know is that Pesco/Rou has scum playing into the debate from one side, and considering how it started, I'm much more inclined to think it's Roukanken.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #267 on: May 19, 2009, 01:30:09 AM »
Vote count:

pesco47 (2): Edible, Kiro, Roukanken, Alice, BaitySM, Roukanken
BaitySM (4): pesco47, BaitySM, Affinity, UncertainKitten, Zakeri, Kanguya Yaraisan, BaitySM

BaitySM is at L-4.
pesco47, Roukanken and Kanguya Yaraisan are at L-6.

Not voting: Alice, Mr. Alert.

1 hour 30 minutes remaining.

« Reply #268 on: May 19, 2009, 01:31:11 AM »
cut: No, we're not a mason pair. My reasoning is as is in the last post.

Edible

« Reply #269 on: May 19, 2009, 01:32:43 AM »
so I'm going to leave it at this: Why can't it be "Because Rou is voting him"?

Since I believe Roukanken to be Scum, Pesco by corollary is Town.

You think Rou is scum because he's voting pesco because you think pesco is town and you think pesco is town because rou is voting him because rou is scum.

???