Author Topic: Yume Nikki Mafia - Waking 2  (Read 71353 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: Yume Nikki Mafia - Dream 1 (The Guillotine Room)
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2009, 09:01:18 PM »
I'm not obliged to put up with Rou being silly every game now am I?

You are, however, obliged to not be a Jerk Ass

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2009, 09:24:57 PM »
so wait, Kanguya...you say that double lynching is awesome, but 2 lynches is too dangerous?
I said that >2 is too dangerous.

Quote from: UK
And did you REALLY need to guess at Baity's role? There's no need for that
Probably not.

Oh good, you do it when poked. Why only analyze those 5 players though, Kanguya?
The others have hardly posted anything.

Agree with the other pesco cut.
Will do. Just give some time, okay? :)
[/quote]

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2009, 09:26:09 PM »
EBWOP: Give me* some time. Also, if that came off as aggresive, it wasn't intended to be.

Also, random /quote at the end. x_x My bad.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2009, 09:37:47 PM »
Kindly recite the town win condition for me? I'm quite sure it does not include Pesco dying as a requisite.
The Town wins when the Mafia is eliminated. I have no reason to believe that you aren't scum.

This stuff is not obligatory to post and you're a real pessimist about the capabilities of the players. This is a normal game of mafia, with day 1 requiring more votes than usual for majority. That is all.
With all the talk of 'let's deadlock everyone bar one player' and a trillion multi-lynch ideas, I felt it was worth pointing out the flaws in the arguments that had been presented so Town didn't get carried away.

Waffle.
It's not waffling, it's pointing out that Baity's 'Maybe I want more votes, you reminded me of my role' could be a softclaim. Had anyone else mentioned that?

First, my vote reason was FPMH. No mention of dice or probability, the misrep is what you've done.
Quote from: Gee, I wonder who said this?
Rolling a d12 compared to rolling 2d6 is the range of 1-12 and 2-12. You were excluding 2 players.
I was arguing against this point here, which YOU raised as a point against Baity and was in my opinion flawed. I don't see any misrep here.

Second, what are you defending Baity so strongly for? How are you so assured of him being town already?
If you'd notice, I'm also relatively suspicious of Baity (as I've said previously). The point is that the reasons you're attacking him for are relatively poor (FPMH, dice hax...), and bad attacks are in my opinion worse than bad play since that's how scum get Townies lynched.

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm Pesco, not Baity. Just like I don't know why you are giving 11 players free passes, I don't know what he wants to do.
Firstly, immediate misrep on 'giving 11 players free passes'. Trying to pass me as a tunneler when I've made points against more players than he has.
Secondly, your argument that Baity was scum revolved around there being a decent plan behind what he was doing. If you can't come up with some sort of legitimate benefit that Scum!Baity could get from this plan, I'll consider your defense null and void.

Silly point about RVS methods. Irrelevant and DISTRACTING to REAL scumhunting.
In response to silly point YOU made about pointing out him excluding himself from random voting. I was pressing you on it to see if you were genuinely trying to use it as an argument.

Not the same as knowing what he was doing. Either your misreping or your reading fails.
Explain the difference to me. From what I can see you're arguing semantics here.

Your opinion is worth 1 vote, that means it's worthwhile for anyone to swing it to their favour.
In return for earning the suspicion of several other players. Looking at the current votes on him, I'd say this has earned Baity roughly -1 free passes.

You want to know when mod-clarification was made? Right after my post.
This doesn't refute the third point - if you want three lynch targets, we should have three genuinely suspicious players.

Responding to you anymore is just a matter of who is right or wrong. Get over it and scumhunt properly if you can at all.
And for the umpteenth time, you disregard my case without giving a useful defense. I recall you doing this to Umu last game when you were scum, hoping that his repeated insistence that you were scum would make him look worse for tunneling than you did for your various scummy tactics.

And for the record, it's hard to scumhunt when half the players have posted pretty much zilch beyond setup discussion.

tl;dr - Pesco's defense consists of misrep and ignorance. He seems to think that by saying 'you're wrong' enough and picking at tiny mistakes in the attack rather than the GLARING PROBLEMS THAT HE CHOOSES NOT TO ACKNOWLEDGE, the problem will go away.

Can I PLEASE GET SOME OPINIONS FROM YOU LURKERS OUT THERE?! IF I HAVE TO SPEND D1 DOING NOTHING BUT ARGUE WITH PESCO SINCE NO-ONE ELSE IS SAYING ANYTHING USEFUL I'LL PROBABLY HAVE AN ANEURYSM.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2009, 09:46:20 PM »
EBWOP:
I can see some of you people from here: Zak, Serp, Alice, Alert...why not say something for a change so I can converse with someone other than Pesco? Believe me, I'll be endlessly grateful for it.

Mr_Alert

• weeeooo weeeooo weeeooo
  • I hope that's from food coloring...
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2009, 09:48:58 PM »
I'm working on it. :( Here's what I have regarding BaitySM though, I guess:

His overreaction/paranoia is understandable enough, being a new player and encountering a vote with the reasoning being "FPMH", whatever the hell that means.  Honestly, I'd like a clarification on what FPMH is, and how his first post counts as such.  Otherwise, I just find the whole thing entirely ridiculous.  Regarding the possible softclaim, I don't really know what to make of that.  Wanting more votes...Jester?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2009, 09:52:07 PM »
Wanting more votes...Jester?
...Aw, crap. I never considered this. It doesn't help that Nietz didn't mention the typical 'there are no roles with win conditions that involve being lynched' clause...GM, confirmation about the possibility of a Jester/Fool?

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2009, 10:02:16 PM »
No roles in this game have being lynched as a win condition.

----
Vote count:

pesco47 (3): Edible, Kiro, Roukanken
Roukanken (0): Serpentarius
Alice (1): Zakeri, Affinity
Kanguya Yaraisan (0): UncertainKitten
Serpentarius (1): Mr. Alert
Affinity (2): BaitySM, Serpentarius, Kanguya Yaraisan
Zakeri (1): Alice
UncertainKitten (0): pesco47
BaitySM (4): pesco47, BaitySM, Affinity, UncertainKitten

BaitySM is at L-4.
pesco47 is at L-5

Not voting: Carthrat

53 hours remaining.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 10:26:22 PM by Nietz »

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2009, 10:07:46 PM »
EBWOP:
I can see some of you people from here: Zak, Serp, Alice, Alert...why not say something for a change so I can converse with someone other than Pesco? Believe me, I'll be endlessly grateful for it.

I respond with another quote of yours:

As a word of advice, don't answer questions aimed at other people - let them defend themselves since otherwise it's a judgement of your character instead of theirs.

Your back-and-forth with Pesco is just you two attacking each others' statements and disagreeing over interpretations.  None of the statements I haven't responded to seem unusually scummy to me, and I'm sure as heck not going to defend them in your place, so as far as I'm concerned, you two can just continue to go at each other.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Serp

« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2009, 10:09:54 PM »
Edit By Way Of Post:

Also, Roukanken, I notice that you haven't placed a vote yet.  Affinity hasn't yet responded to mine on him.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2009, 10:18:36 PM »
Your back-and-forth with Pesco is just you two attacking each others' statements and disagreeing over interpretations.  None of the statements I haven't responded to seem unusually scummy to me, and I'm sure as heck not going to defend them in your place, so as far as I'm concerned, you two can just continue to go at each other.
I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here. Do you think that the Pesco/Me argument is a Town/Town fight and that neither of us have any decent points? If so, why are you fine with letting the argument continue?

Also, Roukanken, I notice that you haven't placed a vote yet.  Affinity hasn't yet responded to mine on him.
Actually, Nietz just messed up the vote count and I didn't notice it until you pointed it out there.
Feels like Pesco's taking advantage of the new guy, as usual, and he's screwing with words and odds in order to make what looks like a simple mistake metamorphose into a scumtell. Affinity's post of 'facts facts facts Vote Baity' doesn't feel very useful, either, but Pesco still wins out. ##Vote: Pesco47

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2009, 10:28:57 PM »
And for the record, it's hard to scumhunt when half the players have posted pretty much zilch beyond setup discussion.

That's just you being fail.

EBWOP:

Reap what you've sown. I'm not the one that came in here with a vendetta.

I don't know what to make of the whole Baity situation so I'm just quietly waiting for another development to pop up. Affinity is possibly exploiting Baity's self-vote in an attempt to get Baity more paranoid and send him on his way to a lynch. One of many possibilities, I guess.

Things have developed since this post. What's your reads now?

We're going to need to see a more solid stance on that one, particularly the bolded.

Serp

« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here. Do you think that the Pesco/Me argument is a Town/Town fight and that neither of us have any decent points? If so, why are you fine with letting the argument continue?

Never get involved in a married couple's fight.  I'm not sure what you'd have me do.  Even if I thought you were Town/Town, as opposed to Not-Especially-Scummy/Not-Especially-Scummy, there's not much I can do about it short of defending one side or the other, and there's not much reason to do that with 50 hours in the day and both of you frequently online.  I'm sticking with my pet vote, for now.  I figure I'll wait for Affinity to show up and defend himself before pressing my case further or actively attacking someone else.

Quote from: Roukanken
Actually, Nietz just messed up the vote count and I didn't notice it until you pointed it out there.

In that case, I have no other criticism of your play so far.

Ninja'd by Pesco:

Quote from: Pesco47
We're going to need to see a more solid stance on that one, particularly the bolded.

My stance is that your play is consistent with anyone when presented with Baity's weird posts, whether a Townie seeing scummy behavior or a Scum seeing an easy mislynch.  If Roukanken wants to press you more and maybe squeeze out an oddly scummy slip, I won't complain.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2009, 10:38:42 PM »
Good enough for me. Looking forward to where you take Affinity.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2009, 10:56:00 PM »

You know, I get the feeling these posts contradict each other.
Also, talking solely about you won't do Town any good at all. There's more than one scum in this game, and if I just sit and talk to you then there's no way we'll find the whole team.

Serp, I still don't understand what you're saying. If you don't think either of us are being particularly scummy, then shouldn't you be objecting to the argument and suggesting someit looks like you think the same of Pesco - so why let two Not Especially Scummy people argue when there are other More Particularly Scummy players worth talking about?

STILL WAITING FOR BAITY TO PRODUCE, and like many people am unimpressed with Affinity's behaviour. A little iffy about Serp's reasoning for letting the argument between Pesco and I slide despite not honestly thinking either of us are scum.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2009, 11:01:31 PM »
Oh boy, I've been dragged from the computer like every 10 minutes so I wasn't able to get anything done, sorry. >_<

I hate my sister.

Okay, she left to go play with friends. Reading stuff now.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2009, 11:08:55 PM »
Gah, overslept.

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do...  >_>
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2009, 11:10:32 PM »
can see some of you people from here: Zak, Serp, Alice, Alert...why not say something for a change so I can converse with someone other than Pesco? Believe me, I'll be endlessly grateful for it.

Warning - while you were typing (9) new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
I'm working on it!!! Give me another five hours :<

I remember Rou saying something about Affinity's vote on Baily being "Facts Facts Vote" Which puzzles me, since I don't see why discarding evidence as facts makes a vote misplaced? Rou appears to be forcing a Beilos = Townie perspective onto himself.

Personally, on the self vote, I've learned from previous, recent games that nothing screwed the town over faster than self voting. Oddly enough, we can't seem to go a single game without someone self voting. At this point, there are only two things I see being true: Beilos is Scum trying to WiFoM the town into not voting for him, or Beilos is trying to pull off a fongs gambit, in which he deserves to be voted for anyway.

##Unvote, ##Vote: BaliySM

Not really and Edit: Sorry Beilos~ I tried to make this post on memory of what happened. Beilos sounds much better than Baliy, though~

A last-minute vote change remains a really dangerous move for scum to make in general, whether one, two, or three lynches are floating around. I see forcing them to pull that as a bonus, not a flaw. They can screw regular lynches too...

This is absolutely true, but there's still the problem that a votescrewed six way lynch will very likely lead to the situation outlined in my last post - a one townie buffer going into a one townie dies phase.

I'm going down the route of double-lynch being the best opportunity as well.

Quote from: Beilos
"Anti-bandwagon"
I use to think that, too, but people here consider it a legitimate scumtell, and being able to pull yourself from L-1 to L-2 means nothing when people have a reason to vote you. In short, Fongs Gambit is a scumtell on these forums and you should avoid thinking of it much less doing it.

I'm definitely leaning towards Serp being town. Well, as much as I can day one at least.

Quote from: Roukanken
Quote from: Pesco
If the day ends with multiple wagons on the same number of votes, vote switching will still give us double-lynch at least (assuming small jumps).
You do realise this plan revolves around having several solid cases on several players on D1, right? That's asking for quite a lot.
That doesn't mean we won't have multiple targets by the end of today. Plus, the vote switching falls under the category of scum manipulation, which in turn helps us figure out who's who by the time day 2 starts.

Quote from: Gensokyo in a Blender
I don't know what to make of the whole Baity situation so I'm just quietly waiting for another development to pop up.

Every time I see someone post in a mafia game that they are waiting for something to happen, I get angry, and the only way to calm myself down is to watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjOZkZ2zTJA&

Gensokyo Blender makes up for it in the next post, but I will be taking into the fact that Pesco was holding a gun to his head.

Quote from: Rou
It's not waffling, it's pointing out that Baity's 'Maybe I want more votes, you reminded me of my role' could be a softclaim. Had anyone else mentioned that?
I had thought about it myself, but the only softclaim I could think of is Fool. I doubt there is one, and if there was, they're wouldn't allude to it unless they wanted to scare people from lynching them. This, combined with the paranoid attitude Affinity mentioned makes me think Beilos is a mafioso.

I'd like to know a pro-town roles that advances the town win condition by being lynched? Bomb doesn't count, since it's better to be Nightkilled as bomb to make certain you hit scum.

Oh good, you do it when poked. Why only analyze those 5 players though, Kanguya?
Why not? We've already gone over how trying to analyze everyone day one isn't helpful, so why not focus on the ones that stand out. I'd say analyzing five players is a very good start for day one.

Speaking of which: My five analysis targets on a scale of most town to most scum.
Serp - pro-town
I'm seeing quite a bit of determined scum hunting. as long as this keeps up, Serp is cleared for me.

Affinity - anti-scum
I'd love to see more than the vote on Beilos, but since we share a similar opinion on Beilos (And because of Rou's attack on Affinity) I'm not going to be regarding him

Pesco - Anti-scum
The Aggressive nature is awkward, but what I see here is a complete flip from his actions in Workers Union. I'm not considering this the ultimate town tell for Pesco (I've put him lower than affinity) but it's enough for me to regard him as town sided.

Roukanken - Pro-scum
As I've said above, Roukanken seems to be trying too hard to take the Beilos = Town approach when I really see no legitimate argument for believing such. He's then continued to defend Beilos and Attack Pesco. This has lead to, as Serp put it, a married couple's bickering which is a distraction from actual scumhunting. Note: I'm not saying Roukanken started this, but he's making absolutely no effort to stop outside of FoSing people who are probably making posts and catching up.

Beilos - Pro-scum/Anti-town
As I've mentioned above the voting for yourself idea is wrong on several occasions, and while some people pass it off as an honest mistake, Beilos has gone far enough to admit that he is doing this on purpose for some supposed reason that I have yet to determine is anything other than scaring people not to vote for him.

Cut by several things, Including Neitz confirming my suspicion that there's no jester role.

Serp

« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2009, 11:20:26 PM »
Serp, I still don't understand what you're saying. If you don't think either of us are being particularly scummy, then shouldn't you be objecting to the argument and suggesting someit looks like you think the same of Pesco - so why let two Not Especially Scummy people argue when there are other More Particularly Scummy players worth talking about?
Maybe by picking apart each others' posts, one of you will become more particularly scummy.  I don't see any reason to suspect you over any of the other people I'm not voting for at the moment, but I'm not going to defend either of you in your place.  If I had good reason to believe that either of you were town, I'd try to redirect you, but I don't.  Are you telling me that I should be trying to stop you from scumhunting?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2009, 11:56:10 PM »
I remember Rou saying something about Affinity's vote on Baily being "Facts Facts Vote" Which puzzles me, since I don't see why discarding evidence as facts makes a vote misplaced? Rou appears to be forcing a Beilos = Townie perspective onto himself.
Read the thread again. The point I made against Affinity was IIoA - he voted, stated some facts and produced nothing new.
And Baity's habit of answering other people's questions is doing him no favours. I'm not saying that he's definitely Town like you claim I am - just that Pesco's reasoning for attacking him was flawed.

That doesn't mean we won't have multiple targets by the end of today.
Then shouldn't we cross that bridge when we come to it rather than assume we need to lynch as many people as possible today?

Pesco - Anti-scum
The Aggressive nature is awkward, but what I see here is a complete flip from his actions in Workers Union. I'm not considering this the ultimate town tell for Pesco (I've put him lower than affinity) but it's enough for me to regard him as town sided.
Would you mind clarifying this? I'm seeing Pesco do exactly what he did in Worker's Union - crazy setup plans, picking on easy targets, disregarding arguments, only producing content after several posts of pretty much nothing...

Roukanken - Pro-scum
As I've said above, Roukanken seems to be trying too hard to take the Beilos = Town approach when I really see no legitimate argument for believing such. He's then continued to defend Beilos and Attack Pesco. This has lead to, as Serp put it, a married couple's bickering which is a distraction from actual scumhunting. Note: I'm not saying Roukanken started this, but he's making absolutely no effort to stop outside of FoSing people who are probably making posts and catching up.
As I'VE said above, the Baity = Town point is moot. The only reason I've had to spend so long talking about Pesco is that there was at the time little else to comment on.

Maybe by picking apart each others' posts, one of you will become more particularly scummy.  I don't see any reason to suspect you over any of the other people I'm not voting for at the moment, but I'm not going to defend either of you in your place.  If I had good reason to believe that either of you were town, I'd try to redirect you, but I don't.  Are you telling me that I should be trying to stop you from scumhunting?
No, I'm saying you shouldn't let other people argue if you honestly think the argument is a distraction to other bigger targets. If you have no reason to think that either Pesco or I are scum then there's no reason for this argument to take place. By your logic there'd be the same chance or better of someone becoming Particularly Scummy if I argued with another random player, since they're as scummy as Pesco is. Therefore I raise the question - do you think either Pesco or I are worth suspicion at the moment?

Hopefully by tomorrow morning I'll have some other opinions to comment on.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2009, 12:27:19 AM »
Where the bloody hell do I start...

Quote from: KY
As for baity, what exactly are you trying to "work out"? Just curious.
To see who would jump the gun, and use the very small of amount of evidence that I've "created".

Quote from: BaitySM
...the chance that the entire scumteam is going to fail fundamental probability involving dice would be pretty damn low.
Quote from: Kiro
What does that have to do with anything?
Nothing. Now that I've slept, I can say... it's quite pointless.

Quote from: pesco47
Where would Baity like to place his vote?
Nowhere at this point. The reason why I self-voted is two-fold.

1. No Lynch is not an option (in this world). The fact that I can't trust my internet connection also adds to this.
There is a chance that I lose connection to the internet, provided I don't refill the credit. Depends entirely on how well I remember.
Thumbs up for my internet randomly having a fit as I was posting >_>
2. Attempt to fish out a few people (as a case; I have to start somewhere...).

Quote from: Affinity
What would I be scummy for, pray tell?  You voted yourself to improve your self-image, from what I understand; and doing that just because pesco voted you and said "FMPH" is blah.  What's to explain that other than paranoia?
I have no evidence you're even scum to begin with. If I start, it would be either pure guesswork and assumption, or your reaction to my posts / anybody else's, which I'm still analyzing. Voting to improve my self-image? See above. And below, just below this.

Let me put it this way. I'd rather try to sacrifice myself to take out at least 1 scum by evidence, rather than rely on PR's. My self-voting is only temporary, and I will address the reasoning to my switch accordingly.

Regarding paranoia, it's quite hard to determine how one person "speaks" over the internet. There's nothing to suggest that I am actually paranoid, or sticking a persona in-front of myself. I can't think of anything to say for my defense.

Quote from: THE GUY
No roles in this game have being lynched as a win condition.
What does this tell the rest of you? It's not a win condition for me if I die here and now.

Quote from: Zakeri
I use to think that, too, but people here consider it a legitimate scumtell, and being able to pull yourself from L-1 to L-2 means nothing when people have a reason to vote you. In short, Fongs Gambit is a scumtell on these forums and you should avoid thinking of it much less doing it.

My defense is hilighted in bold. Probably the worst defense I could put up but it's the only one I can say without trying to make something up, and henceforth contradict myself further, increasing my suspicion far above than what it should have been at. However, I will make a mental note of that... for future cases.

Re-reading (again) for my decision to vote for somebody else, based on the evidence displayed.

If I miss anything, do say so and I will answer it.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2009, 12:59:29 AM »
Quote from: Pesco
Personal attack instead of saying something contributive.

Quote from: pesco
COUGHCOUGHCOUGHCOUGHCOUGH

Okay, enough of that.

Quote from: Serp
Never get involved in a married couple's fight.
This. I didn't want to get involved in the inevitible bickering between Pesco and Rou.

Quote from: Zakeri
Gensokyo Blender makes up for it in the next post, but I will be taking into the fact that Pesco was holding a gun to his head.
I need to get over the fact that my posts only make sense when I'm under pressure. The only decent analysis I've done was the Jan case in MSP, and that was when UK was about to throw me off of a bridge. x_x; Also, I like the name you assigned me. 

Quote from: Zak
Serp - pro-town
I'm seeing quite a bit of determined scum hunting. as long as this keeps up, Serp is cleared for me.

Affinity - anti-scum
I'd love to see more than the vote on Beilos, but since we share a similar opinion on Beilos (And because of Rou's attack on Affinity) I'm not going to be regarding him

Pesco - Anti-scum

Roukanken - Pro-scum

Beilos - Pro-scum/Anti-town
As I've mentioned above the voting for yourself idea is wrong on several occasions, and while some people pass it off as an honest mistake, Beilos has gone far enough to admit that he is doing this on purpose for some supposed reason that I have yet to determine is anything other than scaring people not to vote for him.
I agree, except switch Rou with Affinity and move Baity up a bit, he doesn't particularly strike me as scummy, although I may be too forgiving. Otherwise, very nice.

Ergh, I feel like I haven't said enough in this post, which is true. So, revised analysis time!

Serpentarius- Undoubtably town. Great scumhunting and nothing remotely fishy.

Zakeri- Your recent post is very good, would like to see more. Most likely town.

Rou
- You're looking slightly more scummy with the constant arguing but still probably town.

Pesco- Ditto.

Baity-
1. No Lynch is not an option (in this world). The fact that I can't trust my internet connection also adds to this.
I'm pretty sure people would be lynched even without your self vote. Second reason is good enough, I suppose. As for alignment, I don't even know anymore. More posts so I can judge please. :)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2009, 01:33:48 AM »
Gut says both pesco and Rou are scum.  This play off of each other seems forced; I'm not feeling town bouncing off of town here.

I'd place Serp and Carth as working for the good of town.  Baity reminds me of Sol in 9squad, newbie who bit off more than he could chew.

UK is actually paying attention this game.  KY is trying harder than usual.  Kiro and Alice, uh... well, they exist?

« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2009, 01:39:12 AM »
Read the thread again. The point I made against Affinity was IIoA - he voted, stated some facts and produced nothing new.

I see. It was the way you had worded your complaint initially.
I will admit it's occurred to me that Affinity hadn't done anything more than provide a generic opinion behind a vote, but he's provided that much at least. We should waiting to see that Beilos flips town before holding it against him since if Beilos is scum it becomes a moot point.

And Baity's habit of answering other people's questions is doing him no favours. I'm not saying that he's definitely Town like you claim I am - just that Pesco's reasoning for attacking him was flawed.
[...]
The only reason I've had to spend so long talking about Pesco is that there was at the time little else to comment on.

Alright, I'll accept this.

I'm seeing Pesco do exactly what he did in Worker's Union - crazy setup plans, picking on easy targets, disregarding arguments, only producing content after several posts of pretty much nothing...

The first "worthless post" leads to a discussion between Beilos and Affinity about Beilos's suspicion of Affinity's vote.

The second worthless post was a simple correction to the mod, made when he had nothing to respond to until the third worthless post.

That one of course sparking Serp to explain the suspicion on Beilos and Affinity being scum buddies and testing it out. The fourth worthless post is a response to what he feels about Serp's plan, which segways into wondering who Beilos would really vote for.

I'll give you the fifth and Sixth, since he was mostly being a jerkass, and the sixth one runs off the basis that he's not in the mafia, which we can't assume.

And naturally, everyone was doing crazy setup speculation, if only because we had a crazy setup to speculate.

I still rank Pesco slightly higher than you, but with the point you made above I don't see you as scumpartners with Beilos anymore.

onto Beilos~

Let me put it this way. I'd rather try to sacrifice myself to take out at least 1 scum by evidence, rather than rely on PR's. My self-voting is only temporary, and I will address the reasoning to my switch accordingly.

I thought I covered this in my last post, but let me say it here. Fong's Gambit does nothing besides get you lynched. Everyone here recognizes it, and everyone here, regardless of their affiliation, will want you lynched for it. The only way this would work is if your were scum and someone was protecting you for no reason - hence my original suspicion of Roukanken.

I need to get over the fact that my posts only make sense when I'm under pressure. The only decent analysis I've done was the Jan case in MSP, and that was when UK was about to throw me off of a bridge. x_x; Also, I like the name you assigned me.
Hmm... knowing this would make me want to let up on you if it weren't for the paradox that it would make your posts worth less. Also, I'm glad you like it. It's much easier than remember all of the names you've jumbled together currently.

Cut by Edible: Hi Edible!

Serp

« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2009, 01:55:33 AM »
No, I'm saying you shouldn't let other people argue if you honestly think the argument is a distraction to other bigger targets. If you have no reason to think that either Pesco or I are scum then there's no reason for this argument to take place. By your logic there'd be the same chance or better of someone becoming Particularly Scummy if I argued with another random player, since they're as scummy as Pesco is. Therefore I raise the question - do you think either Pesco or I are worth suspicion at the moment?

I don't think it's a distraction.  The chance might be the same or better if you were to start picking someone else apart (which is precisely what you're aiming to do now, right?), or it could be worse.  Do I think you and Pesco are worth suspicion?  Absolutely, but just not really any more than anyone else at the moment, and neither more than the other.

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2009, 03:00:49 AM »
Vote count:

pesco47 (3): Edible, Kiro, Roukanken
Roukanken (0): Serpentarius
Alice (0): Zakeri, Affinity
Kanguya Yaraisan (0): UncertainKitten
Serpentarius (1): Mr. Alert
Affinity (2): BaitySM, Serpentarius, Kanguya Yaraisan
Zakeri (1): Alice
UncertainKitten (0): pesco47
BaitySM (5): pesco47, BaitySM, Affinity, UncertainKitten, Zakeri

BaitySM is at L-3.
pesco47 is at L-5

Not voting: Carthrat

48 hours remaining.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2009, 03:54:38 AM »
EBWOP: Give me* some time. Also, if that came off as aggresive, it wasn't intended to be.

Also, random /quote at the end. x_x My bad.

Why do you care? It shouldn't matter if you are perceived as agressive in a game of mafia (as long as you aren't rude)

Rou, you are going to lose on the vote reason. The d12 thing was added later from what I read. I also don't think point by point will get anywhere. Probably both of you should organize defenses/attacks and take them as a whole. Because some of your scumtells are basically junk (such as the one I mentioned), while there appear to be a couple good ones hidden amongst them

@Mr_Alert: not to answer for Pesco, but he already said "First Post Mind Hax" (he thinks he's Satori)

And Alert...you never NEVER bring up Jester.

EVER!

Rou, I wouldn't have entertained that either. If he wins because he was lynched, it would be bullshit anyway and since most of the time a jester is just RFG'd, I'd just say "Good job winning with a bullshit role. Let's play mafia now"

Nietz, you didn't need to confirm anything, but thanks

More rudeness from pesco. I'm beginning to wonder if Rou has something here. You are usually more...aloof as town.

Further, Rou has some good points. Some of them are obfuscated by bad ones, but it's not just a vendetta. In fact, you seem to have it a lot more than he does.

Sept, while rather detached, does have a point about defending one side or the other, but I would like an opinion on it soon (Though I guess the Not-especially-scummy on either side could count)

Affinity and Baity indeed need to post.

Why not? We've already gone over how trying to analyze everyone day one isn't helpful, so why not focus on the ones that stand out. I'd say analyzing five players is a very good start for day one.

Fair. But why answer for Kanguya?

Who did answer. I anticipate what he has to say.

Also, my main issue is that it wasn't just a scum analysis. He effectively stated who he thought was town as well. Which gives too much info to the scum.

I see what you say on Rou, Zak, but I wanna see him make his case clearer first before going into it.

Why thank you, Edible. And I was paying attention for the first three days last game. I just have to change things up every so often. I find your take on Rou/Pesco interesting as well. I don't think it's as forced as you think though. And if it is, it's Pesco forcing Rou to break.

I've read a lot of the rest of what's been posted, but haven't found much to comment on. My brain is a little fried anyway. So...to clarify my stances:
Pesco and Rou could be anything, but if one of them is scum, it's Pesco. He's being hypocritical about personal vendettas and such, and has ignored Rou's GOOD points. On the flip side, Rou has crap points mixed in with his good and it's very...cloudy just what works. If he makes his case clearer, I'll be happy. Baity, I'm not sure about but still lean scum on, and he's trying to WoT his way out.
Affinity, needs to exist. Kanguya is slowly getting back to not so scummy, but we'll see how he does. Alert is interesting, and probably needs to post more analysis.
Also, Alice is playing?
I don't have much else to say about others.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2009, 04:02:29 AM »
Also, my main issue is that it wasn't just a scum analysis. He effectively stated who he thought was town as well. Which gives too much info to the scum.
So you think that when analyzing, I should skip everyone who I think is town? Maybe I read this wrong but that doesn't make much sense.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2009, 04:13:10 AM »
So you think that when analyzing, I should skip everyone who I think is town? Maybe I read this wrong but that doesn't make much sense.

It does, actually. First, you coach scum when you tell them WHY someone looks town. Secondly, you give them a laundry list of targets if more people agree (though this is a lesser concern). You notice I tend to avoid saying who is probably town in my analyses. It still shows, but I don't explain why (Ok, well, it's something I'm trying actually)