Author Topic: Patchy Quest: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 91837 times)

Re: Patchy Quest: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #900 on: November 30, 2009, 03:49:25 AM »
>Examine Surrondings

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #901 on: November 30, 2009, 03:53:40 AM »
> Remember why Aya is locked up anyway

Toasty

« Reply #902 on: November 30, 2009, 03:54:33 AM »
>hum "suwa foughten field"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #903 on: November 30, 2009, 03:59:29 AM »
>Examine Surrondings

>You are at the grounds of the Moriya Shrine. It is a rather impressive structure; clearly a lot of love have gone into constructing it. A path leads around the shrine to a pond with several Onbashira arranged in it. A paved walkway leads to the shrine itself.
>You don't notice anything that especially catches your interest.

> Remember why Aya is locked up anyway

>You don't know exactly why, but you can guess.

>hum "suwa foughten field"

>You hum a catchy tune.
>Sanae emerges from the Shrine. "You may come in, now."

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #904 on: November 30, 2009, 04:02:15 AM »
> Speak "friend" and enter!

« Reply #905 on: November 30, 2009, 04:05:38 AM »
>Nyan~!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #906 on: November 30, 2009, 04:11:07 AM »
> Speak "friend" and enter!

>You do your best Nue impersonation, then lead Wriggle and Mystia inside the shrine.
>"I'm counting on you," Mystia whispers, with a tone that suggests she might well stab you in the back if you let her down.
>You enter the shrine. The entire building is made of treated but otherwise bare wood. Without paneling or any kind of paint, the shrine has a curious feeling of being just a framework of an actual building. You come to a large open area, where Kanako sits upon a podium, watching the three of you come in. Sanae stands off to her side, while Suwako sits in on the floor in the corner, hugging her knees to her chest and glaring daggers at everyone.
>"Consider your debt paid, Patchouli," says Kanako with a warm smile. Then she looks to Wriggle and says, "So, what are we going to do about this situation?"

>Nyan~!

>"That is not much of a solution," says Kanako.

>_

Toasty

« Reply #907 on: November 30, 2009, 04:43:20 AM »
>Get wriggle to apologize to suwako. Hint to sex as payment.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #908 on: November 30, 2009, 05:02:49 AM »
>Get wriggle to apologize to suwako. Hint to sex as payment.

>"Wait, what?" Wriggle glances at Suwako, who is currently glaring death in her direction. "Those aren't eyes looking for some tight interfacing, chombatta..."
>You feel a weight lift from your shoulders. The curse is gone!
>"Ummm," says Wriggle, "I...um...hosed when I took your hardware. Sorry! Uh...won't do it again?"
>Suwako snorts derisively.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #909 on: November 30, 2009, 05:10:48 AM »
> Demand that Wriggle start speaking like everyone else, since Suwako might take her more seriously that way.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #910 on: November 30, 2009, 05:15:43 AM »
> Demand that Wriggle start speaking like everyone else, since Suwako might take her more seriously that way.

>"Shut down, mukyu." Wriggle answers. "I speak just fine."
>You are given a few looks from the others gathered here.

>_

« Reply #911 on: November 30, 2009, 05:17:58 AM »
>Sad Mukyu
>Contemplate the idea of just leaving Wriggle and saying to Suwako, "Here, she's your problem now."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #912 on: November 30, 2009, 05:21:29 AM »
>Sad Mukyu
>Contemplate the idea of just leaving Wriggle and saying to Suwako, "Here, she's your problem now."

>Nothing breaks tension like a whole room full of people laughing at you. Even Kanako gets in on the action. You blush fiercely.
>You consider this, but you did say to Mystia you'd help. And you don't want her joining forces with that maid to get revenge.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #913 on: November 30, 2009, 05:27:24 AM »
> "What can Wriggle do to make up for this?  There has to be something."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #914 on: November 30, 2009, 05:34:24 AM »
> "What can Wriggle do to make up for this?  There has to be something."

>"We can start with the legs," says Suwako. Then Kanako gives her a look that stifles whatever she was about to say next.
>"I think..." says Kanako, "that Sanae could use an assistant for the next couple years."

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #915 on: November 30, 2009, 05:36:10 AM »
> "How many years?  And what kind of guarantee can we have that Suwako won't try and maim/kill Wriggle while she's working here?"

Toasty

« Reply #916 on: November 30, 2009, 05:54:32 AM »
>Yes, she can be sanae's slave. Bye~

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #917 on: November 30, 2009, 06:00:21 AM »
> "How many years?  And what kind of guarantee can we have that Suwako won't try and maim/kill Wriggle while she's working here?"

>"Yeah!" says Mystia, finally finding her voice. This is probably the first time she's been here, you realize.
>"You have my word," says Kanako, giving Suwako another look. "As for how long? Well, we shall let the value of her labor against the loss determine that. But if you feel you have a better idea in mind, I would not mind hearing it."

>Yes, she can be sanae's slave. Bye~

>"Not a slave," Kanako clarifies. "Let us say indentured."

>_

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #918 on: November 30, 2009, 07:31:57 AM »
> "Years? I would wager it took Suwako no more than a week to gather the frog oil. The punishment far outweighs the crime. I propose a more appropriate punishment would be the required "humane" harvesting, under Suwako's supervision of, oh, three flasks of frog oil - of the same size as the one that she stole, mind you - and one week's mandatory public service in the way of assisting Sanae with whatever she needs done."
> Recall your extensive knowledge of territorial law.
> "You are already risking an incident, considering you have performed forceful extradition of a Gensokyo citizen from a territory not under your jurisdiction."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #919 on: November 30, 2009, 09:08:02 AM »
> "Years? I would wager it took Suwako no more than a week to gather the frog oil. The punishment far outweighs the crime. I propose a more appropriate punishment would be the required "humane" harvesting, under Suwako's supervision of, oh, three flasks of frog oil - of the same size as the one that she stole, mind you - and one week's mandatory public service in the way of assisting Sanae with whatever she needs done."
> Recall your extensive knowledge of territorial law.
> "You are already risking an incident, considering you have performed forceful extradition of a Gensokyo citizen from a territory not under your jurisdiction."

>"Did you take stupid pills or something?" asks Suwako, "It took me way longer than a couple years to make that, just like I told you last time!"
>You don't know if Gensokyo really has jurisdictions. Legal disputes are kinda uncommon, and tend to be dealt with via some form of action from respected elders or mob justice.
>"As I understand the situation," says Kanako, "This is no different than a person in one city breaking the laws of another. As the Forest of Magic and our temple are not separate nations, I do not see how this is extradition rather than a simple arrest."

>_

Fightest

« Reply #920 on: November 30, 2009, 10:01:40 AM »
> Eye Suwako. Wonder if there's a book on frog oil harvesting methodology in the Library.
> Gesture extravagantly at Kanako.
> "On the contrary, your honour. The Moriya shrine is a separate territory unto itself, despite being physically in Gensokyo, due to the forceful nature of its introduction into this land. I understand this allows you to enjoy a degree of sovereignity that, for example, the Forest of Magic does not have. If you wish it to be counted as a simple arrest, you would have to formally declare the Moriya shrine and its land's integration into Gensokyo, becoming an official subject, forfeiting your soveregnity and right to unquestionably govern this land. At which point this case should be taken to the Hakurei shrine maiden. Do you wish this to be the case?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #921 on: November 30, 2009, 10:19:50 AM »
>You are fairly aware of how it's done. Frog Oil is not hard to make, or particularly expensive. But Suwako claimed she didn't use a standard method, if you recall correctly.
>You make a gesture and state your claims.
>"Your line of reasoning doesn't quite fit with the reality of the situation," says Kanako, "But I am curious. What, exactly, are you proposing as an end result to this?"

>_

Fightest

« Reply #922 on: November 30, 2009, 11:14:09 AM »
> Brush hair out of eyes artfully.
> "I propose Wriggle's punishment be reduced to three weeks' mandatory public service - two weeks assisting Suwako in her work of harvesting Frog oil using her method, and one week general labor around the Moriya shrine. I trust my client will be treated with respect during this time."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #923 on: November 30, 2009, 11:18:50 AM »
> Brush hair out of eyes artfully.
> "I propose Wriggle's punishment be reduced to three weeks' mandatory public service - two weeks assisting Suwako in her work of harvesting Frog oil using her method, and one week general labor around the Moriya shrine. I trust my client will be treated with respect during this time."

>You make an artful hair brush. If only the others at the mansion could see you now~
>"Hmmm," says Kanako.
>"It takes years!" says Suwako, jumping to her feet, "I don't kill the frogs like you jerks do! That's what makes it better! It's not all full of death! Didn't you listen the last time I told you, stupid!"

>_

Fightest

« Reply #924 on: November 30, 2009, 11:38:35 AM »
> Mutter with murderous intent at Mystia: "You are going to owe me so much, night sparrow, that your grandchildren will be indebted to me."
> To Suwako: "...And I will personally work with Suwako on the development of a far more efficient, yet also non-lethal, manner of harvesting frog oil, as long as I am permitted to write a thesis on this and record it in my library archives."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #925 on: November 30, 2009, 12:05:52 PM »
> Mutter with murderous intent at Mystia: "You are going to owe me so much, night sparrow, that your grandchildren will be indebted to me."
> To Suwako: "...And I will personally work with Suwako on the development of a far more efficient, yet also non-lethal, manner of harvesting frog oil, as long as I am permitted to write a thesis on this and record it in my library archives."

>Mystia pales a bit.
>"Can't be done," Suwako says, sounding a great deal less irritated than beforehand. "Trust me on this one. Frogs are my specialty, I could fill up that whole library of yours with stuff on frogs. It takes time and love to harvest and refine their oil the right way."
>"Knew I shoulda hawked it for more..." Wriggle mutters. Thankfully, it doesn't seem that the others overheard.

>_

Fightest

« Reply #926 on: November 30, 2009, 12:21:55 PM »
> "I would be happy to discuss the finer points of non-destructive frog processing, but after this court session has come to a close."
> Look pointedly at Kanako.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #927 on: November 30, 2009, 12:59:25 PM »
> "I would be happy to discuss the finer points of non-destructive frog processing, but after this court session has come to a close."
> Look pointedly at Kanako.

>"Given what you are proposing," says Kanako, "It would seen such things are quite relevant. Especially given that you are suggesting that you do something impossible in exchange for this. Is that really want you want?"

>_

Fightest

« Reply #928 on: November 30, 2009, 02:01:21 PM »
> Sigh.
> Resist urge to mukyu.
> "I only said I would work on developing a method, I made no promises of success. But as that would not be in good faith, perhaps Suwako would settle for a frog oil substitute? I hear bird oil is quite a useful product."
> Look menacingly at Mystia.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #929 on: November 30, 2009, 02:30:25 PM »
>Uuu~~