Author Topic: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00e)  (Read 61801 times)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Re: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00e)
« Reply #690 on: November 20, 2009, 04:04:54 AM »
I like the design of the dialog boxes, but I think it's stands out a little bit too much for a background, it sorta seems like it's competing with the text for attention.

This is just an idea (I realize it would make for a lot more work), but what about colors that go with the character? They wouldn't have to be really strong colors, but i'm thinking more like white in the center that fades to color with a black border. I think it's a nice subtle touch to the colored text approach, and it'd probably look pretty good. Just an idea.

I forgot about the OMES: How about OMEGA JEW   YOU WA BAN Administrator Class? Hehe. (Not saying we should definitely go with that style, but if we did I think those would work well.

@Skye: Looks good, but the hair looks kinda off. I think it's because it looks like one big solid piece moving back and forth instead of hair.

@Everyone: I think there's one of two approaches we can take about Rou resembling Meiling. One, change her hair color, or two, make sure to make fun of Rou somewhere in the game for resembling her. :V
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 04:07:04 AM by Nobu~ »
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Drake

« Reply #692 on: November 20, 2009, 04:21:30 AM »
I'm not quite sure what Nobu means. (EDIT: PM contents = good to know)
Stage 1 UFO probably wasn't the best example though because the stage BG competes as well as it isn't moving. Anywho I lowered the transparency. I thickened the outline and put in the other colors too.

goo goo g'joob

As for the sprite, the bottom of her dress-thing should flap just a little faster (like one or two frames faster?) and her hair shouldn't just flip and stop because lolwindphysics. Make it flip a little less at the bottom and then after, flip near the top as well. Otherwise super yes~
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 04:24:42 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #693 on: November 20, 2009, 04:28:37 AM »
Drake: Forget what I meant, those look sweet. :V

I think that red is suitable for boss, but maybe we could switch blue so that it's with the partner and have white for the player? I feel like white is more suitable as the 'primary' player text color.

I don't care either way; what do other people think?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 04:29:54 AM by Drake »
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #694 on: November 20, 2009, 07:09:24 AM »
Mmm, maybe. Or have the partner some other color that's darker than the main-text.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #695 on: November 20, 2009, 08:33:38 AM »
fasidh;osdafladhbgdf dialogue boxes are HOLYCRAPAWESOME

Seconding the hair problem with the Rou sprite, though - it seems to just flop back into place.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #696 on: November 20, 2009, 09:09:19 AM »
Drake throw that dialogue box on a ZUN stage bg from some random game and place two portraits against eachother just to get the total feeling from it, easier to judge that way.

Gpop

Drake

« Reply #698 on: November 20, 2009, 04:48:44 PM »

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #699 on: November 20, 2009, 04:50:59 PM »
Poor Nitori doesn't know what the doop.

Looks fine to me.  It shouldn't be that hard to tweak later on if we decide we need to, right?
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

« Reply #700 on: November 20, 2009, 05:10:22 PM »
Poor Nitori doesn't know what the doop.

Looks fine to me.  It shouldn't be that hard to tweak later on if we decide we need to, right?
Nope. Not at all.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #701 on: November 20, 2009, 07:19:11 PM »
I made a slight improvement on Rou's animation

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #702 on: November 20, 2009, 07:58:27 PM »
MoFhasawesomestagebg.jpg

Looks good to me. Doesn't stand out too much as an object image and neither unreadable. I'd say temporarely placeholder folder, go.

« Reply #703 on: November 20, 2009, 08:21:41 PM »

Still has the same "hair chunk" effect, to me. Just a less obvious one.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #704 on: November 20, 2009, 11:05:16 PM »
For my bomb, will it be possible to force all targeted shots to be aimed at a specified point instead of at the player for the bomb's duration? It should basically make it useful for stages only and suicide during spells.

Drake

« Reply #705 on: November 21, 2009, 07:48:38 AM »
Alrighty, a good chunk of the dialogue code works now. If you have danmakufu, go test it out. Just put it in a folder and run 'strings'.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mhb2l2omarg

It's just five lines right now though, not that it matters.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #706 on: November 21, 2009, 08:10:40 AM »
Alrighty, a good chunk of the dialogue code works now. If you have danmakufu, go test it out. Just put it in a folder and run 'strings'.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mhb2l2omarg

It's just five lines right now though, not that it matters.
p. fuckin' coo
I half expected the thing to kill you as it was clearing, tho. But I guess you're no Suikama

« Reply #707 on: November 21, 2009, 06:53:43 PM »
p. fuckin' coo
I half expected the thing to kill you as it was clearing, tho. But I guess you're no Suikama
Hello

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock

« Reply #709 on: November 21, 2009, 07:06:26 PM »
I love how the text background changes depending on who's speaking. A nice little effect even if most people probably wouldn't notice it.

Also you guys have been doing so much that I'm not sure where I can help anymore (derp). Is there anything that needs attention but no one is working on atm?

Drake

« Reply #710 on: November 21, 2009, 07:15:36 PM »
Only thing I can think of right now is some CreateShotEx functions. If it's possible for you to do, I would like to recreate the default CreateShot functions with the same parameters and effects, so that later we can control even CreateShot01 bullets with other things. Of course these are done with object bullets.

The main example I'm envisioning right now, if we recreate the CreateShot functions, then we can create a new bullets-to-items function by activating commondata that deletes the bullets and replaces them with the yellow faith items that soar towards the player. It can make room for easily calling fairly complicated patterns and it'll just be really, really helpful in general.

« Reply #711 on: November 21, 2009, 07:26:21 PM »
Only thing I can think of right now is some CreateShotEx functions. If it's possible for you to do, I would like to recreate the default CreateShot functions with the same parameters and effects, so that later we can control even CreateShot01 bullets with other things. Of course these are done with object bullets.

The main example I'm envisioning right now, if we recreate the CreateShot functions, then we can create a new bullets-to-items function by activating commondata that deletes the bullets and replaces them with the yellow faith items that soar towards the player. It can make room for easily calling fairly complicated patterns and it'll just be really, really helpful in general.
Hmm. I wonder if that would be hard on the processor. Anyways I'll try some stuff out.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #712 on: November 21, 2009, 09:09:08 PM »
For my bomb, will it be possible to force all targeted shots to be aimed at a specified point instead of at the player for the bomb's duration? It should basically make it useful for stages only and suicide during spells.

Any ideas on this possibility yet?

Drake

« Reply #713 on: November 21, 2009, 09:42:25 PM »
Hmm. I wonder if that would be hard on the processor. Anyways I'll try some stuff out.
It shouldn't, as far as I can tell... All the default shots are objects anyways and are just based on a function that's hardcoded into Danmakufu. It might use some shortcuts, but it should be nearly the same.

Quote from: Pesco
Any ideas on this possibility yet?
Sorry, switching homing angles from the player is pretty much impossible and even if it were, would take a stupid amount of coding.

« Reply #714 on: November 22, 2009, 12:38:03 AM »

It would double the amount of time the game takes to code, but yeah, it's possible.

It shouldn't, as far as I can tell... All the default shots are objects anyways and are just based on a function that's hardcoded into Danmakufu. It might use some shortcuts, but it should be nearly the same.

Changing all their properties in one frame using the shitty object coding functions will cause a farily large fps spike.

Drake

« Reply #715 on: November 22, 2009, 03:38:05 AM »
I guess that's why ZUN has them switch to items in the expanding circle? I was thinking of doing the same, but instead the circle expanding from the player so there's no bullshit-I-cleared-that-card deaths. Even if we don't do something like this I would like CreateShotEx functions anyways. If it hogs resources then we can just scrap the ones that use the defaults just by changing the function name anyways, if they use the same parameters.

« Reply #716 on: November 22, 2009, 05:06:42 AM »
I prefer the idea of just making you invincible while the card is dying, like ZUN did in previous games.

« Reply #717 on: November 22, 2009, 05:08:21 AM »
I prefer the idea of just making you invincible while the card is dying, like ZUN did in previous games.

... oh. That explains how I survived once on Duplex Danmaku Bounded Field when it really looked like I should have died. :V

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #718 on: November 22, 2009, 05:09:05 AM »
I enjoyed it whenever people complained they failed to 1cc a mode because they died when Subterranean Sun was exploding.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #719 on: November 22, 2009, 05:10:48 AM »
Seconding this.
Also, just wondering... is there a way to program Spellcard Armor, UFO style?