Author Topic: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00c)  (Read 78865 times)

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
Re: 東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00c)
« Reply #780 on: October 21, 2009, 01:17:37 AM »
Isn't that what Reisen does with light waves, though?

Maybe I'm reading into it a bit too much.

The power I chose is almost as confusing as Manipulation of Density if you don't explain it. I'll give a hint, perception is anything that the nervous system and mind processes

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #781 on: October 21, 2009, 01:18:08 AM »
mindfuck

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #782 on: October 21, 2009, 01:28:51 AM »
Manipulation of Perception
Mystic eyes of Death Perception
So you can turn Ruro into Ryougi?

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #783 on: October 21, 2009, 01:29:40 AM »
I agree with Nobu, a giant web of LOL EVERYONES MAH BROES AND IMOUTO AND WAIFUU sounds pretty dumb and you should refrain from doing that. Only joke characters(?) should have weird abilities, too :/

I mean we're all stupid, but this is a srs project guys

Donut could have Abilities: Enhanced reflexes, works with odd magic and a slightly bigger deathbomb window.

The biggest problem is it's hard to draw the line before 'lol serious' and 'lol joke'. :/ And also, it gets harder the more we define the world and the farther we get in development. (In some ways I can see why ZUN leaves a lot for fan interpretation, makes things easier.)

For one example.. exactly where does CPMC as we know it end and the CPMC of Ijiyatsu begin? Same with the characters, where do 'We' end and our 'Ijiyatsu selves' begin? How 'serious' do we take what we throw into the game, and are we trying to make something non-CPMC members can enjoy without having to be 'one of us'? What do we do about 'nako and Alice Margatroid,which have their own identities but who have the names of established characters?

These are some questions we have to deal with as this project goes on and becomes more complex.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 01:32:23 AM by Nobu »
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #784 on: October 21, 2009, 01:33:45 AM »
Are we developing our own franchise, now? :V

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #785 on: October 21, 2009, 01:35:00 AM »
Are we developing our own franchise, now? :V

This, so hard

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #786 on: October 21, 2009, 01:38:09 AM »
At this point, we might as well?  :V How sweet would that be if it attracted a following?

This is waaaay cooler than Katawa Shoujo ever was anyway.  8)

Oh ya, here's the link if you'd like to take a look at what was submitted so far: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkguEbnfefxAdHAwazU4djV1TVZIWW1FUk1WNDlhb1E&hl=en

I will be putting it into a nicer doc format later.

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
« Reply #787 on: October 21, 2009, 01:41:01 AM »
Here's my bio:

Name: Slowpoke
Species: Death Fairy
Power: Prevention of Bad Ideas
Relationship: Erebus, Dustyjo (friends)

Ideas for quotes if I get any:
"Are you sure you want to be here?"
"Stop! Don't be a fool! Facing The Stupid One is a bad idea."

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #788 on: October 21, 2009, 01:46:00 AM »
What do we do about 'nako and Alice Margatroid,which have their own identities but who have the names of established characters?

Shorten Kanako to just Nako and Re-name Alice?
Wotters gonna' wot

Drake

« Reply #789 on: October 21, 2009, 01:47:59 AM »
Reading the bios up to now...

-We can incorporate Mafia into this. Mafia will simply become a CPMC pastime; a complex group game derived from danmaku. Instead of internet we have magic.

-Suikama's should be removed :V Except you could be a robot that would be cool.

-Rin Satsuki's profile is winning.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #790 on: October 21, 2009, 01:53:25 AM »
Reading the bios up to now...

-We can incorporate Mafia into this. Mafia will simply become a CPMC pastime; a complex group game derived from danmaku. Instead of internet we have magic.

Mafia can be the 'danmaku combat' of the CPMC world, except some people weren't a fan or thought it was too complicated/frustrating, so the spellcard system was borrowed from 'some other fantasy world' to see if it'd work better in resolving conflict.  :V

It could blend fantasy and still be open to internet related stuff, by being essentially the internet equivalent of Gensokyo. Just like how a lot of Youkai are personified concepts, CPMC and the denizens are personified Internet existences. And TSO and the Moderators are essentially like the Yukaris of Ijiyatsu, seperating CPMC from reality.

« Reply #791 on: October 21, 2009, 01:55:08 AM »
Aren't I part of the game too ???

Kihihihihiiii~

Drake

« Reply #792 on: October 21, 2009, 01:56:20 AM »
nobu is thinking

we need more thinking people

also nwbi gave me a spell bg concept so yeah

Aren't I part of the game too ???
I meant your profile was a bit wakiwaki.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #793 on: October 21, 2009, 01:57:07 AM »
Suikama and the other programmers can exist as mysterious internet fairies that manipulate reality in unknown ways. I.E., since they made the game so they're allowed to break the fourth wall in their profile, just none of our 'Ijiyatsu selves' know it.  :V

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #794 on: October 21, 2009, 01:58:43 AM »
Drake don't make me think, drawing is hard enough :(

all i know is that i'm friends with Mode and Purvis, Drake lives with me and Nwbi is my art apprentice.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #795 on: October 21, 2009, 02:10:13 AM »
Drake don't make me think, drawing is hard enough :(

all i know is that i'm friends with Mode and Purvis, Drake lives with me and Nwbi is my art apprentice.

SLABES WHY ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR CORNER?!  >:( Get back to work!

Honestly, the simpler the better, so a lack of concrete details like Slaves is good too. The more detail you go into with bios and abilities, the more you'll have to think of hard things. Don't explain more than you have to.

Look at Koishi and her vague "Manipulation of Subconsciousness" ability. What does that mean? She can make herself not noticed. How exactly does that work, what are the limits, etc? Let's save that for fan speculation.

« Reply #796 on: October 21, 2009, 02:42:24 AM »
Some touhous powers are pretty blatantly stated as well. :/

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #797 on: October 21, 2009, 02:45:43 AM »
Well, until now all the powers stated can be hax if applied in a certain way so yeah :V

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #798 on: October 21, 2009, 05:16:39 AM »

Yeah, but they don't all have to be fully defined, is just what i'm trying to point out. It's not just that they're blatantly stated, but there's a lot of wiggle room and you don't have to have the full scope of abilities.

Just noticed, but everyone's abilities on the Plot writeup are "Manipulation of (some concept) ". We don't have to change any one person's ability per se, but we might want to leave things open to having non "Manipulation of ___" type abilities.

Also, my tentative bio. I'd like to know what people think, and I'll take any and all suggestions/discussions. After all, our Ijiyatsu selves are essentially our existences and impressions on this board, and who knows this better than all of you? I tried to keep it sorta quirky and vague in ZUN style.  :V

Name: Nobu
Species: Youkai
Abilities: Manipulation of affection

Bio: Also she has not been in CPMC for very long, she quickly won favor and acceptance, and attained Deity status due to her power to manipulate affection. She has been taken under Theorist's wing as a little sister. Theorist plans to use Nobu's power to spread affection for Rin Satsuki across the world and give her the chance at adoration she never had.

Nobu's own motivations are not fully known. She usually is seen around others as friendly and affectionate, but sometimes can be found alone acting aloof and lost in thought. Since becoming a deity, another more serious and condescending side to her personality has emerged from time to time.

Nobu is always seen with a snake that floats around her(currently unnamed). Even though they are always together, the snake is not really a pet, nor is it exactly a friend either. When asked about the snake, Nobu will either just shrug, or say "Is that so~?", then change the subject.

The snake acts as a guardian and will protect her from obvious harm, though whether it's actually guarding her or just guarding itself is another question entirely. Sometimes it may appear that they coordinate attacks, but this is (mostly) just a coincidence.

The flower on her head is another mystery as well, of which Nobu also acts oblivious about. Maybe the snake is protecting the flower?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:39:15 AM by Nobu »

« Reply #799 on: October 21, 2009, 05:32:23 AM »
*dusts hands off* There. I like mine. :3

It is splendid~

Spoiler:
JUST AS PLANNED
[/size]

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #800 on: October 21, 2009, 05:41:18 AM »
Ah, I'll have to fill that in when I have more time... Probably after work, I guess.

That should give me ample time to think up a bio and decide whether I want to be a magician youkai, a Lunarian or even some kind of Lunarian-turned-magician youkai~
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #801 on: October 21, 2009, 06:00:36 AM »
Hmm... I'll prolly' just wander and have no real 'set' location. That, and I have an odd idea for an occupation and an ability, but I'm kinda just letting it sit in my head for a while so I can think it over. Not gonna touch Species, Relationships, or Profile yet because I have no idea where to start with relationships, I usually suck when it comes to writing backstories, and... I just really can't think of anything for species.
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #802 on: October 21, 2009, 07:23:40 AM »
okay, screw what I said earlier, Slaves x Drake is impossible... my skills just won't allow me to draw delicious naked loli on one another...
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

dustyjo

« Reply #803 on: October 21, 2009, 09:00:32 AM »
okay, screw what I said earlier, Slaves x Drake is impossible... my skills just won't allow me to draw delicious naked loli on one another...

;_;

Could you draw something involving me then :V

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #804 on: October 21, 2009, 11:23:02 AM »
my reverse ZUN skills just won't allow me to draw delicious naked loli on one another...
:V

Maybe you can trick yourself by drawing breasted Slaves x Drake, then once you're done erase the breasts? :3

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #805 on: October 21, 2009, 01:30:56 PM »
Name: TranceHime, aka "Trance"
Species: Tatsu
Abilities: Manipulation of temptation, lust, desire

Bio:
Adorned with a crown on her head, it seems that one may consider her a more benign version of the Mother Harlot, perhaps, this seems to be evident in the rational behavior of Trance within CPMC, either seeming resolved in giving concrete advice or hinting towards a want. In due time, she was offered the Power of becoming a Maiden, to this, Trance humbly rejected the offer. However, being demure was perhaps the fatal mistake of Trance, for she had been subtly infused with some Idiot energy spiked in a drink of water she had from an unknown figure from the Idiocy. As a result, Trance had then lost her inhibitions, became slightly more coquettish, and became more chaotic as a result. Being called out on by Gpop's constant itterations of Trance's greatest fear - tentacles, Trance realized what she had become and decided to get revenge on the Idiocy, and reluctantly took up arms alongside Gpop in order to regain her composure.

Trance is usually not aware of when she attracts the attention of the people, it's usually only in specific, requested situations where she will make use of her inherent ability. As can be guessed, such a power is both a blessing and a curse. Trance's disposition, royal as it may seem, serves only to add to the appeal. It's said that when you're struck by the sparkles that emit from Trance's hands, you're dazzled and struck with lust for a period of anywhere between an hour to an entire year. There are also rumours that Trance is descended from the line of Ryuujin, but Trance has thus far dismissed such outrageous claims.

That crown though... What a lovely diadem. Perhaps Trance is lying when she says she has no relation to Ryuujin, or Kiyohime, or even an unholy union between a Nure-onna and something... else.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #806 on: October 21, 2009, 01:41:15 PM »
:V

Maybe you can trick yourself by drawing breasted Slaves x Drake, then once you're done erase the breasts? :3

BUT BUT... SYMMETRICAL DOCKING....!!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock

♛ Apher-Forte

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #809 on: October 21, 2009, 03:31:28 PM »
Abilities: Manipulation of temptation, lust, desire

isn't AF/UK's ability similar to this? :I