~Beyond the Border~ > Akyu's Arcade
[VLP] The Disappearing of Gensokyo - For Touhou, fandom is canon?
<< < (2/6) > >>
Your Everyday NEET:
Tenshi's dumb. She kicked out Cirno and Mystia and replaced them with Reisen. She's easily the weakest character in the game and Cirno and Mystia are much better character compared to Reisen.

The other comically overpowered DLC character is Youmu Konpaku. Both her and Kogasa turns the game into cheese walk.

That's strange. Why can't I see the pictures for the documents?
Gesh86:

--- Quote from: Your Everyday NEET on September 12, 2018, 07:29:43 AM ---Tenshi's dumb. She kicked out Cirno and Mystia and replaced them with Reisen. She's easily the weakest character in the game and Cirno and Mystia are much better character compared to Reisen.

--- End quote ---

I do remember your stance on DoG's Reisen. Apart from her effectiveness, her personality will be a talking point, don't worry  ;).

--- Quote from: Your Everyday NEET on September 12, 2018, 07:29:43 AM ---The other comically overpowered DLC character is Youmu Konpaku. Both her and Kogasa turns the game into cheese walk.

--- End quote ---

I've played as Youmu too little to speak for myself here. The running theme is that almost all paid characters are at least a little too strong.

--- Quote from: Your Everyday NEET on September 12, 2018, 07:29:43 AM ---That's strange. Why can't I see the pictures for the documents?

--- End quote ---

All screenshots look normal to me. Could it be that a specific browser is having issues with imgur? (Mine's Chrome)
Your Everyday NEET:
Youmu's bomb has her going into melee mode for 8 seconds or so, greatly increasing her attack and defense. This allows her to slice the enemies and wipe a whole group of them in no time flat. You can also use this to trade blows with the boss, tanking their bullets and wins.

I use Google Chrome (Android ver) as well. And now I can see the pictures. That's... Really weird... Probably it's because of my crappy Internet Provider.

Oh yeah, did you know you can view the character tutorial (Like the one in my thread) in the stage by pressing F1? I don't. Because the game didn't tell me that.

Gesh86:

--- Quote from: Your Everyday NEET on September 13, 2018, 06:41:15 AM ---Oh yeah, did you know you can view the character tutorial (Like the one in my thread) in the stage by pressing F1? I don't. Because the game didn't tell me that.

--- End quote ---

Never heard of that. I'll try it out sometime!

Today's update comes only a week after the last. That's because the scheduled Episode 4 is pretty short. It's probably going to stay the shortest throughout the whole Let's Play. It's almost as short as the new girl that appears in it:

Loadout for what we're up against:

"Melee Defense - You resist 25% of melee damages." It should be easy enough to tell what attacks are physical and what's a bullet. If the former is a bigger factor in a fight, pick this.
"Quick Recharge Beta - Shield recharge starts 0.5 seconds earlier." Shield charging takes a good few seconds to boot up. If you get hit, say, every 3 seconds by something small, the timer restarts anew. This can keep repeating over and over until you're dead. This perk will protect you from exactly that.

Since the playing field is so compact today, you probably won't be surprised that there is only one lorebook to find:

Nor should it be any wonder who it's about. The sheet of paper is all the way at the donating box, at the back end of the arena. Getting to it before aggroing the boss is impossible from what it seems. Do not try to read while the encounter is in order, you'll get pummeled. Save it for the 10-second grace period after you have won. Or just be content seeing it right here.
I've never heard of Suika's ability's secondary effect . Drawing or dispersing crowds? Does she manipulate the folks' minds? What I did hear though is that if Suika offers a person a drink, they cannot decline, even if they wanted to a moment before. Perhaps it's not so wild after all?
Gesh86:
I've got something to add to the previous episode: If you play on Hard or Lunatic, you'll hear another vocal track sung by Senya during Suika's bossfight. Just like the instrumental festival music it replaces, it's a rearrange of Broken Moon and known as "Psychic Satellite - Empty Dramatic"

I hope you can spare a few minutes away from the new Luna Nights content and watch Episode 5! I had to vow to myself not to start playing before getting this done today.

Edit after noticing my mistake: Our loadout is a combination of what we had in parts 3 and 4:

Dowsing Rod 1 and Quick Recharge Beta

In the new and bizarre environment we're travelling in are four lorebooks with sometimes more and sometimes less informative content:

Our first page is located between Marisa's recruitment and encountering the wimpy Celestial. Most of this is right, Marisa does have a hoarder problem for example. Reimu being her rival could be misunderstood though: They're a little competitive from time to time, but also very close as friends. Canonical Marisa is closer with Reimu than Alice I'd argue.

This one is where you get the first magic piece, or, where you would get it if the game didn't hate you. Alice is somewhat of an introvert, but still one of the kinder Magicians within Gensokyo. Number one rule in getting along with her is not being Sakuya.

Do you really want to know where you can read up on this one? It's on the hill of the second magic piece. Even if this late sinsack had met Iku (the Azure Fortress has not yet been stormed by his kind), I think he grossly overinterpreted the social contact they had with each other. They didn't have with each other, sorry!

The last lorebook lies within the dangerous alcove of the third magic piece. It's what I've been saying early on in the video: There are no deserts in Gensokyo, nor buses that will take you there!
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version